Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - PhilHos - 11-07-2017

(11-06-2017, 04:41 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: My guess is that most of the people laying this at Daltons feet now are the same one's that predicted the Bengals would go 10-6 or 11-5. They didn't get how a weak OL affects the QB, the RB, the D being tired and everything else. You were way wrong then and you're wrong now. Most of you say now that you saw the bad OK but you predicted 10-11 wins. Lmao, too prideful to own up.

I'm an ardent Dalton defender and I thought we'd win 10-11 games. I knew our OL was bad, but I figured Mixon and Ross would help overcome their deficiencies, which meant I put too much faith in Zampese and Merv. Clearly I was wrong, but the good news is that we should have the joy of hoping Brown hires a better HC than Merv this time around.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - jowczarski - 11-10-2017

(11-06-2017, 04:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. And welcome to the (any) Bengals board fan reaction...

Apparently, not too many people have noticed that Dalton is throwing a different deep ball, on some occasions, than he has in the past. He's been putting more air under it to try and drop in to the receiver at an angle that's harder to defend. He still needs a lot of work with this, since those balls seem to sail wide on him.

Truth is, it's a bad ball to try and throw on the sidelines. It works much better in the middle of the field.

Jim, do me a favor and tell that to Dalton next time you talk to him. 

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's a bad ball to throw, if you're right handed and throwing to the right sideline.

Just catching up on all these - and I think you'll find this Sunday's game day "solutions" interesting. It'll actually post online tomorrow afternoon. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - rfaulk34 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:32 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Just catching up on all these - and I think you'll find this Sunday's game day "solutions" interesting. It'll actually post online tomorrow afternoon. 

Good deal. I'll be looking forward to it. ThumbsUp

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Rhinocero23 - 11-10-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Easy, Dalton has had more complete teams with better defenses. 
So very true!

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - ah5 - 11-10-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:20 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Why not just fix the issues on the team instead of getting rid of one of our best assets? Dalton is a good QB who is capable of being great with a great supporting cast particularly the O line. Fix the offensive line, find a Nickle DT, and maybe a playmaking safety and this team will be great again.

Being great no, being very good yes.... Great QB's win games big games in high pressure situations.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Nicomo Cosca - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:20 AM)ah5 Wrote: Being great no, being very good yes.... Great QB's win games big games in high pressure situations.

Case in point: the Seahawks game earlier tonight. Russell Wilson won the game despite being sacked 5 times, only getting 75 yards from his running game, and losing their best defensive player to injury.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - The Caped Crusader - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:32 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Just catching up on all these - and I think you'll find this Sunday's game day "solutions" interesting. It'll actually post online tomorrow afternoon. 

I'm not really sure how to take this...

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-10-2017

Fixing the Bengals’ offense by getting rid of Andy Dalton is like fixing a car with four flat tires by installing a thumpin’ stereo system.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Case in point: the Seahawks game earlier tonight. Russell Wilson won the game despite being sacked 5 times, only getting 75 yards from his running game, and losing their best defensive player to injury.

Kinda like opening day against the Jets last season that saw Dalton sacked 7 times, losing 42 yards, go 23-30 for 324, 1 INT, 1 TD, 114 rating, 19 carries for 57 yards from the run game, 25 minutes t.o.p., and a W.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400874527

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - treee - 11-10-2017

I guess it just depends to how much damage we've done to Dalton by the time we assemble a competent Oline again. Dude has always been skittish and rolls out of the pocket too soon. But he was making some great progress there for a couple years. Not sure if we'll be able to heal his internal clock after this year though.

(11-10-2017, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda like opening day against the Jets last season that saw Dalton sacked 7 times, losing 42 yards, go 23-30 for 324, 1 INT, 1 TD, 114 rating, 19 carries for 57 yards from the run game, 25 minutes t.o.p., and a W.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400874527

Exactly. Dalton is capable of overcoming adversity. Just wish he did it more often. Wilson's line sucks and they're still 6-3.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. Dalton is capable of overcoming adversity. Just wish he did it more often. Wilson's line sucks and they're still 6-3.

I agree with you my friend, the thing about the 'Hawks, they realized they had a problem, and they went out and did something about it at the trade deadline.  We sat on our asses.  Plus, Russell is a much more mobile and athletic QB.  You'll get no argument from me on who is better behind a bad line.  That said, all scouting on Dalton coming out of TCU was that he is a capable QB with good protection.  How do you not know the weakness of one of your own players?  Andy has taken a beating the last two seasons, and it is effecting his game, in my opinion.  He started out 2016 playing like 2015, but regressed as the season wore on.  I think it has taken its toll on him.  If they don't fix the line quickly, I think they need to look at a more mobile and athletic QB to succeed him.  Just opinions man, not sure if I'm right, or if I'm wrong.  All I know, is what I've seen from the guy behind good protection....even with a decimated WR corp in 2014, we won games, and stumbled into the playoffs.  He had 19 passing TDs, 4 rushing, and 1 receiving TD that season.  That's doing what it takes to win, in my book.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - PhilHos - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:38 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm not really sure how to take this...

I know. I'm intrigued that they apparently have a plan in place (which I'm assuming is beyond the usual 'doing better'), but I'm worried because Jim put the word in quotes.

(11-10-2017, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. Dalton is capable of overcoming adversity. Just wish he did it more often. Wilson's line sucks and they're still 6-3.

To be fair, our defense sucks. Seattle's doesn't.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - bengalfan74 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 11:20 AM)treee Wrote: I guess it just depends to how much damage we've done to Dalton by the time we assemble a competent Oline again. Dude has always been skittish and rolls out of the pocket too soon. But he was making some great progress there for a couple years. Not sure if we'll be able to heal his internal clock after this year though.

Dalton's internal clock is exactly right

And admittedly his is probably a couple ticks fast now, but who can blame him ? I'd love to know how many plays over the last season and a half he's had at him of free rushers, or very nearly free rushers ? It has to be at the top of the league !

David Klingler part 2, and I'm not totally sure he can get back in the saddle either ?

Rock On Mike Brown  Rock On

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - PhilHos - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 11:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dalton's internal clock is exactly right

And admittedly his is probably a couple ticks fast now, but who can blame him ? I'd love to know how many plays over the last season and a half he's had at him, or very nearly free rushers ? It has to be at the top of the league !

David Klingler part 2, and I'm not totally sure he can get back in the saddle either ?

Rock On Mike Brown  Rock On

More like David Carrgler (KlingCarr? Karringler?Clarrgler? Basically Klinger + Carr). Am I right?

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - bengalfan74 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: More like David Carrgler (KlingCarr? Karringler?Clarrgler? Basically Klinger + Carr). Am I right?

Very right !

Old joke but very fitting - the lookout line

As soon as ball is snapped the entire O-line turns to Dalton and yells "lookout"

Carlinger can speak on lookout blocks I can assure you  LMAO LMAO and they won't think it's funny !

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - reuben.ahmed - 11-10-2017

It's not just Andy, the combination of Andy and AJ Green is done. Similar to Palmer and Chad Johnson. AJ is going to be going downhill soon and this year his stats will show it only because we can't get the ball to him.

(11-10-2017, 11:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, our defense sucks. Seattle's doesn't.

Umm...no. Our D is ranked 6th overall, Seattle isn't even in the top 10. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - ochocincos - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Case in point: the Seahawks game earlier tonight. Russell Wilson won the game despite being sacked 5 times, only getting 75 yards from his running game, and losing their best defensive player to injury.

Duane Brown also suffered an ankle injury and was forced to leave the game too.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - sandwedge - 11-10-2017

I will say this, Arizona's WRs suck outside of Fitzgerald. A lot of dropped balls. That will help you lose football games...