Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - PhilHos - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...no. Our D is ranked 6th overall, Seattle isn't even in the top 10. 

In yards per game, but in scoring per game, Seattle is 5th and Cincy isn't even in the top 10.

But honestly, I was being a bit dramatic; the fact is that our defense has played like crap most of the season. Aside from maybe 3 games (Browns, Texans, and Bills) , the defense has not been good. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - XenoMorph - 11-10-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:08 AM)Trademark Wrote: If and when Lewis is gone after this season, it’s time to trade Dalton. The man can’t make a deep throw to save his life. He had Green wide open, it looks like that is what helped contribute to his frustrations today. Really hope they move forward with McCarron instead

up to this year the last few years he was one of the better deep ball throwers in the league...  So id say this is more on the deteration of the OL and OC than anything else.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Shake n Blake - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Case in point: the Seahawks game earlier tonight. Russell Wilson won the game despite being sacked 5 times, only getting 75 yards from his running game, and losing their best defensive player to injury.

Well I had a long list of games dating back to 2012 where Dalton had huge games (in wins) with 79 yards rushing or less, I went outside to sell my moped and when I got back, my PC auto-refreshed...erasing everything.  Gaah

Just check Pro Football Reference. It's happened a LOT. Dalton has had a poor run game since he got here. We score points by passing. 

(11-10-2017, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. Dalton is capable of overcoming adversity. Just wish he did it more often. Wilson's line sucks and they're still 6-3.

Nobody overcomes THIS amount of adversity consistently. We're on pace to allow 50 sacks and our run game is ranked 31st in both yards and yards/carry. Fired our OC after 2 games.

Seattle is averaging 3.8 YPC...we're averaging 3.1. Seattle is averaging 100.7 rush yards...we're averaging 72.3. Seattle has given up 1 fewer sack on 100 more pass attempts. The adversity isn't even close. We have 4 linemen rated near the bottom at their position by PFF.

(11-10-2017, 03:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I had a long list of games dating back to 2012 where Dalton had huge games (in wins) with 79 yards rushing or less, I went outside to sell my moped and when I got back, my PC auto-refreshed...erasing everything.  Gaah

Just check Pro Football Reference. It's happened a LOT. Dalton has had a poor run game since he got here. We score points by passing. 

Nobody overcomes THIS amount of adversity consistently. We're on pace to allow 50 sacks and our run game is ranked 31st in both yards and yards/carry. Fired our OC after 2 games.

Seattle is averaging 3.8 YPC...we're averaging 3.1. Seattle is averaging 100.7 rush yards...we're averaging 72.3. Seattle has given up 1 fewer sack on 100 more pass attempts. The adversity isn't even close. We have 4 linemen rated near the bottom at their position by PFF.

Shake 'N Blake just told you to
[Image: the-original-dab-suck-it-fig-1-so-true-25068439.png]

LOL

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - THE PISTONS - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I had a long list of games dating back to 2012 where Dalton had huge games (in wins) with 79 yards rushing or less, I went outside to sell my moped and when I got back, my PC auto-refreshed...erasing everything.  Gaah

Actually 5 lineman near the bottom. 6 and 7 if you count Smith and Johnson.

Boling's rating has plummeted and he's now considered Poor.

So yeah...basically EVERY lineman we have played all year has graded out as Poor.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - THE PISTONS - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Shake 'N Blake just told you to

LOL

First he told him he sold his moped. Then he told him that.

(11-10-2017, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Actually 5 lineman near the bottom. 6 and 7 if you count Smith and Johnson.

Boling's rating has plummeted and he's now considered Poor.

So yeah...basically EVERY lineman we have played all year has graded out as Poor.

Yikes. Boling has always been a "meh" linemen anyway...and he's our best lineman now. It's sad.

(11-10-2017, 03:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Shake 'N Blake just told you to

LOL

Now now. I like Nicomo. I just like the truth more.  Wink

(11-10-2017, 03:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now now. I like Nicomo. I just like the truth more.  Wink

Nicomo? Wasn't that the name of the ship in Alien. Mellow

Yes, I know it was the Nostromo. I am a nerd, after all.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:
Well I had a long list of games dating back to 2012 where Dalton had huge games (in wins) with 79 yards rushing or less, I went outside to sell my moped and when I got back, my PC auto-refreshed...erasing everything. 
Gaah

Moped?  Isn't that like........nevermind. LMAO

Now get back to work on that post ya lazy bum! Muahaha

(11-10-2017, 03:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Moped?  Isn't that like........nevermind. LMAO

Come to think of it, I've never heard of a PC "auto-refreshing".

Mellow

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Come to think of it, I've never heard of a PC "auto-refreshing".

Mellow

Exactly.....Shake must be Bungalized.....

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Aquapod770 - 11-10-2017

Dalton has proven he can play at a high level behind a good, or at least competent Oline. Replace Marvin first then 4 out of the 5 starting lineman then reevaluate Dalton. Dumb thread is dumb.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-10-2017

If it is best for everybody involved i am for it and i have always been a Dalton supporter.

Just don't know if he has been ruined here already, might have to start fresh and if there is a year for picking QB's i think this is it.

Lots of good ones going into this next draft.

Dalton might be elite with a decent O-line again though and i probably would rather stick with the man as he has proven he can be
elite in the NFL. Just saying i would not rule it out cause we might be able get a 1st rounder for Dalton unlike AJM and this team
needs some febreze man.

(11-10-2017, 03:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Moped?  Isn't that like........nevermind. LMAO

Kinda gay? Yeah. It was a 200cc rocket though. Traded my old truck for it (because I didn't get any good cash offers), rode it a couple times and decided I'd rather have the cash....and not look gay.

You make the post if you're so dang interested. I'm working now. Sorta.  Tongue

(11-10-2017, 03:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Come to think of it, I've never heard of a PC "auto-refreshing".

Mellow

It does when you have 7 tabs open and click back to an old tab after a half hour.  Cry

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Socal Bengals fan - 11-10-2017

kinda like Marvin we need to keep Dalton until year 2030. he hasnt had enough time to prove himself. this year it was the offensive line. next year wr3, the following year new cordinater, the year after that Mixon is gone so we need a rb.....

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Nicomo Cosca - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 03:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nicomo? Wasn't that the name of the ship in Alien. Mellow

Yes, I know it was the Nostromo. I am a nerd, after all.

You’re a nerd who should read more if you don't know who Nicomo Cosca is.  Tongue

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Synric - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re a nerd who should read more if you don't know who Nicomo Cosca is.  Tongue

To be fair Abercrombie isn't all that well known to people that aren't into the Genre. Also Cosca isn't even one of the main characters....even though the drunk mercenary shtick is classic.

PS: The Heroes actually is open in my lap as I type this lol.

(11-10-2017, 07:00 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: kinda like Marvin we need to keep Dalton until year 2030.  he hasnt had enough time to prove himself.  

That's right. I mean, up until now he's only proven to be an above average QB with the stats to match including some franchise records. Clearly, you can't win with him as QB (pay no attention to his winning record as a starting QB, that's a fluke, well, 5 flukes) and thus, we absolutely MUST get a new QB before we do anything else if we want to FINALLY start winning. Rolleyes

(11-10-2017, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re a nerd who should read more if you don't know who Nicomo Cosca is.  Tongue

Well, I'm getting older, but I'll put my nerd powers to the test and research who Nicomo Cosca is and whether it's worth my precious free time. ThumbsUp