Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Dalton/ McCarron & the offense as a whole - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 05:08 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Nothing I've said is insulting your character, your family or who you are as a person. I'm simply stating the statements you're presenting, do not and have not actually helped you're argument in anyway. I've been apart of this Bengal community for 13 years now, without any sort of issue and have never relented to go as low as to say another person was, "butt hurt" in an argument (Wait, oh you did that!)

If at any time a moderator feels like I've disrespected someone, they're more than willing to talk to me. That being said, a lot of posters, including moderators have liked my posts in regards to responding to you. 

As for Andy Dalton. I think he is a great person who has done a lot of great for our community. He is a good Football player. My favorite player? Not even close. Favorite Bengal? Not even close. I just know how easy it is to blame the man who touches the ball the most, and how majority of the time, it's wrong. 
Are you serious? I don't care how long you been here your words are all insulting. Pretty much saying my topic is irrevelent to Bengals talk ,and I'm a ignorant fan. Then wonder why I called you butthurt over the topic.

RE: Dalton/ McCarron & the offense as a whole - Nicomo Cosca - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 05:08 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Hmm maybe to see if hed get you more wins and success,and evaluate him more.

I was trying to defend you... Facepalm

RE: Dalton/ McCarron & the offense as a whole - The Caped Crusader - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 05:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is his opinion that 5 should get a shot over 14 (in a lost season) “irrelevant?”

Irrelevant definition - not connected with or relevant to something.

Quote:1) Dalton Lover- if McCarron was better then Dalton, then he would be starting!!

Debunked theory- I guess WJ3 is not as good as Dre Kirk or Adam Jones or he'd be starting. I guess Joe mixon wasn't better then Jeremy hill .

Irrelevant. What's the argument presented with WJ3 over Dre Kirk and Adam Jones? What does that have to do with Dalton. WJ3 is younger, not as experienced and part of the Marvin Lewis coached team. Not the same as a starting QB of a NFL team. Irrelevant.

Quote:2) Dalton Lover - we've seen enough of AJ McCarron and he wasn't any good!! I can't wait till McCarron is out of here so I don't have to hear it anymore!! Aj McCarron won the National Championship so what, he had a all star team and many qbs have won the title and not been good NFL qbs that's just college!!

Debunked - Aj McCarron has a 2-1 record at the end of a season when he came in cold , players have no contact scrimmages . So he had to adjust fast. Dalton lovers love to say but Dalton won the rose bowl, he's been a winner all his life!! Lol umm that hypocritical isn't it. Dalton has had 7 years and still needs more years to prove himself.

Nobody has argued Dalton winning a Rose Bowl. I'm not sure what that has to do with the argument, let alone the beginning sentence before that. 

And it's ANOTHER argument about AJM vs Dalton. We have plenty of threads like that. I'm not denouncing the idea, but I fail to see the difference from his original thread. 

(11-14-2017, 05:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was trying to defend you... Facepalm

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also it's known that every board or forum,page or group plays favorites. They probably love Dalton too so they rec's you, even if you're insulting. I've been messaged saying the Dalton people here are unbearable. Just keep on waiting for that Superbowl win that'll never happen under him even with a new coach. He doesn't have the talent or leadership skills. And probably will hurt his thumb again if he does get a qb guru coach that puts him back in 2015 mode by a miracle.

(11-14-2017, 05:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was trying to defend you... Facepalm

Lol sorry I thought it was all him now it makes sense

(11-14-2017, 05:15 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Also it's known that every board or forum,page or group plays favorites. They probably love Dalton too so they red's you, even if you're insulting. I've been mess aged saying the Dalton people here are unbearable. Just keep on waiting for that Superbowl win that'll never happen under him even with a new coach. He doesn't have the talent or leadership skills. And probably will hurt his thumb again if he does get a qb guru coach that puts him back in 2015 mode by a miracle.

I don't believe there will ever be a SB win. So, we can agree on that.

(11-14-2017, 05:17 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't believe there will ever be a SB win. So, we can agree on that.

No wonder you dont care lol

(11-14-2017, 05:19 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: No wonder you dont care lol

Just the realization of who our ownership is under. It has nothing to do with 'care'. I haven't missed a Bengals game in 17 years. I care plenty. 

(11-14-2017, 05:21 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Just the realization of who our ownership is under. It has nothing to do with 'care'. I haven't missed a Bengals game in 17 years. I care plenty. 

So you are a old man that don't see a Superbowl win ever by this organization,so it don't bother you the qb isn't good enough to get it done. Makes sense .Sounds like you have no emotional stock in this team either. Just happy go lucky and happy to be a fan of the old red rocket and his great charity work.

(11-14-2017, 05:24 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: So you are a old man that don't see a Superbowl win ever by this organization,so it don't bother you the qb isn't good enough to get it done. Makes sense .Sounds like you have no emotional stock in this team either. Just happy go lucky and happy to be a fan of the old red rocket and his great charity work.

Hey, whatever you want to think! You definitely know everything, everyone and expertly make picks. I'll go with your knowledge from now on. 

(11-14-2017, 05:25 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Hey, whatever you want to think! You definitely know everything, everyone and expertly make picks. I'll go with your knowledge from now on. 

No you know everything,even without breaking down film.you are that good,and Dalton is a hall of famer being held back. I'm sorry I posted my irrevelant topic of the bengals,and my ignorance of football. I should be shunned from the boards by you the almighty batman.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengalholic - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Here's something to think about with what Dalton lovers will say.

1) Dalton Lover- if McCarron was better then Dalton, then he would be starting!!

Debunked theory- I guess WJ3 is not as good as Dre Kirk or Adam Jones or he'd be starting. I guess Joe mixon wasn't better then Jeremy hill .

2) Dalton Lover - we've seen enough of AJ McCarron and he wasn't any good!! I can't wait till McCarron is out of here so I don't have to hear it anymore!! Aj McCarron won the National Championship so what, he had a all star team and many qbs have won the title and not been good NFL qbs that's just college!!

Debunked - Aj McCarron has a 2-1 record at the end of a season when he came in cold , players have no contact scrimmages . So he had to adjust fast.  Dalton lovers love to say but Dalton won the rose bowl, he's been a winner all his life!! Lol umm that hypocritical isn't it. Dalton has had 7 years and still needs more years to prove himself.

Dalton lovers - Dalton came up with a great pass in the clutch yesterday ,see I told you.

Same Dalton lovers about Tim Tebow in his playoff game- Tebow is a crappy qb, that was all D Thomas on that pass .

Dalton lovers if you don't like Dalton then quit being a fan I support my QB!!

Debunked - I can't stand McCarron he sucks ,I hope Dalton goes to a team and wins the Superbowl just to show everyone they were wrong about him you'll find out!! Watch!! McCarron sucks!! Lol

If you're a fan of AJ McCarron, I'm not sure you want him playing in this current situation, because I don't really see the upside for him. Aj has a slower release than Andy and isn't as mobile as Andy. Putting him behind this pathetic line, combined with the lack of a running game...doesn't really seem like a good deal for AJ. 

I'm a fan of both QB's...but if you're still trying to win games during this turdfest of a season, it seems to me Andy is the best option. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: For one I'd like to point out , I told you guys Dalton would have another Dalton game. Meaning some good throws mixed in with a bunch bad throws bad decisions . No fire,no leadership as usual,and this game he had no pressure ,the titans D line wasn't good.

And, yet, he got us the lead late in the game only to see our supposedly "great" defense cough up the game. But, I'm sure you still blame Dalton for this loss, right? 'Cause we all know every other QB scores TDs on every single one of their possessions. Rolleyes

(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Here's something to think about with what Dalton lovers will say.
I honestly don't know a single Dalton lover on here. I know you have some Dalton defenders like me who have to defend a clearly competent and above average QB from those who spout nonsense as if they understand the game of football when apparently they don't.
(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: 1) Dalton Lover- if McCarron was better then Dalton, then he would be starting!!

One has nothing to do with the other (as the Caped Crusader pointed out). But those that claim McCarron not being better than Dalton, it has to more to do with what he showed on the field during the time he was starting during Dalton's injury.
(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: 2) Dalton Lover - we've seen enough of AJ McCarron and he wasn't any good!! I can't wait till McCarron is out of here so I don't have to hear it anymore!! Aj McCarron won the National Championship so what, he had a all star team and many qbs have won the title and not been good NFL qbs that's just college!!

Debunked - Aj McCarron has a 2-1 record at the end of a season when he came in cold , players have no contact scrimmages . So he had to adjust fast.  Dalton lovers love to say but Dalton won the rose bowl, he's been a winner all his life!! Lol umm that hypocritical isn't it. Dalton has had 7 years and still needs more years to prove himself.
I don't think anyone is saying that McCarron isn't any good (maybe there's one or two guys,), but that he hasn't shown enough that he's better than Dalton.
(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Dalton lovers - Dalton came up with a great pass in the clutch yesterday ,see I told you.

Same Dalton lovers about Tim Tebow in his playoff game- Tebow is a crappy qb, that was all D Thomas on that pass .
I have literally never heard anyone on here claim that Tebow's pass was all on Thomas. But that's a nice way to try to deflect away from Andy's clutch pass. You know the guy you claim sucks and has no leadership.
(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Dalton lovers if you don't like Dalton then quit being a fan I support my QB!! 

Debunked - I can't stand McCarron he sucks ,I hope Dalton goes to a team and wins the Superbowl just to show everyone they were wrong about him you'll find out!! Watch!! McCarron sucks!! Lol
I have literally never seen anyone make that claim. Also, you're "debunked" statement seems out of character for you. You've spent so much time and energy trying to claim that Dalton is part of the problem, but you're hoping he wins the Super Bowl with someone else? WTF?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:28 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you're a fan of AJ McCarron, I'm not sure you want him playing in this current situation, because I don't really see the upside for him. Aj has a slower release than Andy and isn't as mobile as Andy. Putting him behind this pathetic line, combined with the lack of a running game...doesn't really seem like a good deal for AJ. 

I'm a fan of both QB's...but if you're still trying to win games during this turdfest of a season, it seems to me Andy is the best option. 

Apparently, he's not a fan of McCarron either:
(11-14-2017, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Dalton lovers if you don't like Dalton then quit being a fan I support my QB!! 

Debunked - I can't stand McCarron he sucks 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 05:24 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: So you are a old man that don't see a Superbowl win ever by this organization,so it don't bother you the qb isn't good enough to get it done. Makes sense .Sounds like you have no emotional stock in this team either. Just happy go lucky and happy to be a fan of the old red rocket and his great charity work.

He's not an old man at all, actually, but what if he was?  What bearing does that have on anything?  Look, some of us have been around the sport all of our lives.  Some of my first memories are of attending high school football games of my brother's around age 4.  I started playing at 7.  I'm 41 (most likely old man by your standards), but I've been around the game 37 years, been involved in some fashion for 34 years, and been a Bengals fan since around 1981/82.  I vaguely recall one Super Bowl, and have vivid memories of the other.  Some of us remember what it is like to have innovative and/or motivating coaches here, and what it was like when the team was ran professionally.  We've been around Mike Brown's entire tenure.  I can tell you this.....after watching 26 years of Mike Clown's bullshit, I have ZERO doubt we'll never win a Super Bowl doing things his way.  I guarantee you that won't happen.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm personally only holding on until the team is sold, or Katie takes over upon Mike's retirement/passing.  If nothing changes then, I'm out.  I can remember when this team was on the cutting edge, bringing the no huddle to the league, the 3-4 zone blitz, now........turds.  Turds everywhere.  Lifer position coaches, a head coach with no vision, innovation, motivation, preparation, or plan when things go south that's been here 15 years.  Lazy internal promotions. Nepotism in the FO.  We don't dare foray into FA to fill gaps left by the draft, and so, the team is good enough to compete, but always has a fatal flaw that competent coaching, and good teams exploit in primetime and postseason matchups and flog the piss out of us.  If you think it's one player that's gonna put this team into the Super Bowl, I have some beautiful oceanfront in Des Moines I like to sell you, sight unseen, of course.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengalholic - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 12:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Apparently, he's not a fan of McCarron either:

Trying to be as respectful as possible, but I have a helluva time deciphering his posts sometimes.  Mellow

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 04:40 AM)Utts Wrote: This team has so many problems, from personnel, to coaching, and the front office. Dalton is a much better option than the laundry list of NFL QBs that have come and gone since Andy was drafted into the league. Is he elite? Nope. He's mediocre, but in the big scheme of things, he's the least of our problems.

Now I'm going back to the thread about the house he sold. I want to see if the wallpaper in his master bath, could be the cause of his tendency to throw high under pressure.

I think he's a little bit better than mediocre, but otherwise, spot on.

(11-14-2017, 04:53 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Can you name all the qbs he's better then if it's a long list

That have come and gone since he was drafted 7 years ago?  Slow down and read people's posts instead of being so defensive.  That should be a pretty easy list to generate, even for the most ardent Dalton hater.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - THE PISTONS - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think he's a little bit better than mediocre, but otherwise, spot on.

Yep. This team has about 10 Starters grading out at Poor.

The coaching is all Poor and they just don't seem to care.

It's a bad situation. It's nearly impossible to evaluate anyone.

IF you put Dalton on the Steelers, I think he's a Top 5-7 QB.