Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton may not have any rings if he were the QB in New England (he certainly would have a few playoff wins), but I guarantee you that Brady would certainly have none if he were here. At best, he'd overcome some of Merv's coaching deficiencies and get us a playoff win or 2, but unless Brady can somehow make the defense and the rest of the team play as well in the playoffs as they had during the regular season, then we're NOT winning the Super Bowl.

It should be clear to anyone with an inkling of football knowledge to see that the problems in the playoffs are a culmination of issues and not relegated to a single player. So while Brady may overcome SOME of those, there's no way he (or any QB in NFL history) could overcome all those or enough to win multiple playoff games in a single postseason and a Super Bowl.

I agree.  There is always a fatal flaw (think not covering TEs, for example) that playoff caliber teams and staffs expose and attack.  We never seem to have an answer.  Dalton has shared some of the blame as well......but to act like there isn't plenty to pass around is shortsighted.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Nicomo Cosca - 11-15-2017

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 03:21 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Rarely has Ben been the best, or even the 'okay' part of the team.

Guy has ALWAYS played behind a stacked defense, solid offensive line and a group of pass catchers/running backs.

He also did post the WORST SB performance ever.

He's also not doing that well this year, all things considered.

That up their game when it counts.

(11-15-2017, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.  There is always a fatal flaw (think not covering TEs, for example) that playoff caliber teams and staffs expose and attack.  We never seem to have an answer.  Dalton has shared some of the blame as well......but to act like there isn't plenty to pass around is shortsighted.

They all have including Dalton. With the problem being so widespread, I can't help but let everyone off the hook and put the blame on Marvin/Mike. We have 15 years worth of hard evidence. I'm not sure what else people need to see. If you don't think Mervin is 100% the main problem behind the choking at this point, you're just living in denial and/or so blinded by Dalton hate that you're not willing to concede the obvious.

(11-15-2017, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: XgMxw.gif]

Wink

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Synric - 11-15-2017

This year's offense is just excruciating to watch.

Because of the offensive line there is barely a run game and Lazor is only calling quick throws. (This is where someone says there's deep throws down the sideline, but a three step drop and putting air under it is not a long developing play.)

As for Dalton he looks like his normal self throwing in thr middle of thr field, buton throws to the outside he's rushing his footwork because he has to step toward the outside...where the offensive tackles are...

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 01:40 PM)Synric Wrote: This year's offense is just excruciating to watch.

Because of the offensive line there is barely a run game and Lazor is only calling quick throws. (This is where someone says  there's deep throws down the sideline, but a three step drop and putting air under it is not a long developing play.)

As for Dalton he looks like his normal self throwing in the middle of the field, buton throws to the outside he's rushing his footwork because he has to step toward the outside...where the offensive tackles are...

Which would explain why his passer ratings to WR's are way down this year:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Some-interesting-stats-about-Dalton-and-our-pass-offense

Our tackles had perhaps their best game against the Titans, and I guess it's no coincidence that Dalton had his best game throwing at WR's.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady. Because he’s one of the GOAT, and Andy is average.

Pure silliness. 

An average QB surrounded by a better overall team (performance-wise) and a much better coach vs. a much better QB around a team that plays just as bad as their QB has, and a HC that is historically bad. 

At best they would end up about equal...but i'd bet money that Dalton would have more. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady. Because he’s one of the GOAT, and Andy is average.

Every QB Bill runs out there wins.  Apparently, that is just a giant coincidence.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: Every QB Bill runs out there wins.  Apparently, that is just a giant coincidence.

You clearly don't understand the greatness of Matt Cassell 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: Every QB Bill runs out there wins.  Apparently, that is just a giant coincidence.

It's not like there are any QBs that played for Bill Belichick in New England go elsewhere and not do as well. Mellow

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-15-2017

(11-12-2017, 03:16 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I honestly want to start the baker Mayfield era , I was questionable about his size ,but I think he gots what it takes ,he's not mr nice guy,he's got the star look to him the NFL would admire , he's been said to be a mix between brees and Wilson. Some people say manziel but I actually thought manziel was going to be a star when I first saw him ,he just didn't care about being a pro and that's what hurt him most.he actually won games as a brown.

Manziel had bust written all over him from day 1.  I called that one on the mothership.  You don't run around like a chicken with its head cut off and toss up prayers to Mike Evans in this league and get away with it. Pretty telling when everyone passed on him until.......Browns happened.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - PhilHos - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Manziel had bust written all over him from day 1.  I called that one on the mothership.  You don't run around like a chicken with its head cut off and toss up prayers to Mike Evans in this league and get away with it.  Pretty telling when everyone passed on him until.......Browns happened.

It should tell you all you need to know about his QB analytical skills when he claims he saw Manziel being a star in the NFL.

I found this tidbit from Jason LaConfora interesting:

Quote:The curious case of Big Ben

Ben Roethlisberger really has not been himself. Not even close.
He hasn't been sharp or consistent or effective. He can't hit on the deep ball or even the underneath stuff. He has been the primary reason the Steelers offense hasn't come close to reaching the level many of us expected, but it would be naïve to make this out to be a deep collective issue. It's been a quarterback problem.

Antonio Brown is the best receiver in the AFC and has been producing as such. Le'Veon Bell is the best running back in the AFC and has been producing as such and he is the fulcrum of that group. This is still a top-five offensive line that has protected the QB quite well and, while struggling to open some holes early in the season, is thriving now. They have stayed remarkably healthy as a team and the defense has been top notch.
The quarterback has not.

This is Big Ben's worst season since 2008, a time when he was still a young quarterback and one who was dealing with massive expectations at the time and who was getting pounded at a dizzying rate back then (he was sacked 46 times that year and hit a ton more). Now, he just has been off and seemingly vacant at times and all the while his protection has been unreal at a time when most lines stink. He's been sacked just 11 times in nine games despite being hardly as elusive as he once was.

On the season Roethlisberger stands 24th in rating (83.8), 19th in touchdown passes (12), 26th in completion percentage (61.1) and is tied for third in most interceptions thrown (10). You have to go back to 2008 to find him with a worse completion percentage or interception percentage or touchdown percentage and far too often it seems like a lark -- something between a hope or a prayer -- as to whether the ball will go where it needs to go.

I found this interesting for several reasons. (1) Ben is declining, which I love, (2) Some think Ben would somehow do better this year behind this line and (3) The last time Ben played this poorly was "while getting pounded at a dizzying rate". I thought Ben could overcome getting pummeled on a regular basis? Apparently not.

I also found these comments from a couple Steelers fans interesting:

Quote:Johnnymc • 2 hours ago
Does anyone else find it odd that the supposed "leader" had to wait years before being elected captain of his own team?
He has dropped off A LOT this year..not accurate, cannot throw the deep ball (actually his deep ball has NEVER been super accurate).

He has always talked about his injuries way more than he should have...he's been critical of coaches and other players in public on his weekly radio show. This guy is and always will be a dirtbag...he's never been well received in his own locker room. He's a leader only when things are going well..

Brady has done so much more while being surrounded by a bunch of no-names.
Had the Steelers been blessed with Brady as QB and BB as HC....the Steelers, who have had some of the best offensive lines and skill positions over the past decade, would have achieved so much more in the post seasons. Both Cowher and Tomlin have under-achieved.

and by the way..I am a Steeler fan.

Quote:KO - "90 Johnnymc • an hour ago
Agreed mostly. I do though think his teammates have his back, especially his offensive line. However, everything else is pretty much spot on.

So Ben has never been a leader, took many years before being named a captain, and has never been very accurate on deep passes? They sound like Bengals fans talking about Dalton. Even pining for Tom Brady.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/insider-notebook-making-early-calls-on-nfl-division-races-big-bens-big-decline/

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-16-2017

(11-15-2017, 05:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It should tell you all you need to know about his QB analytical skills when he claims he saw Manziel being a star in the NFL.

Lol what a idiot. I think a lot of people did . They hyped him up so hard,he just didn't want to be a pro. Do me a favor quit hounding me.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - The Caped Crusader - 11-16-2017

(11-15-2017, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Manziel had bust written all over him from day 1.  I called that one on the mothership.  You don't run around like a chicken with its head cut off and toss up prayers to Mike Evans in this league and get away with it.  Pretty telling when everyone passed on him until.......Browns happened.

This.

(11-16-2017, 02:53 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lol what a idiot. I think a lot of people did . They hyped him up so hard,he just didn't want to be a pro. Do me a favor quit hounding me.

When the above comment was...

Quote:All them insults you throw im surprised you're allowed to get away with it,I know I'm not or I get banned. Yeah all my stuff is bad because I'm talking about your favorite player. I guess you got a pic with him and a autograph so you feel you guys are tight now.

Made by the same person who made this comment.

And this comment...

Quote:Are you serious? I don't care how long you been here your words are all insulting. Pretty much saying my topic is irrevelent to Bengals talk ,and I'm a ignorant fan. Then wonder why I called you butthurt over the topic.

And...yeah, I'd say you're relatively alone on the Manziel greatness bandwagon. A lot of people, including myself and plenty others on the board said he had college talent that did NOT translate well to the NFL.

Manziel Draft Profile:

Walter Football:
Quote:Weaknesses:

[*]Pocket passing
[*]Very short for the position
[*]Lacks pocket presence
[*]Needs to improve field vision
[*]Has to develop ability to work through progressions
[*]Runs, scrambles when he doesn't have to
[*]Makes some dumb throws
[*]Can play too reckless
[*]Needs to improve accuracy, ball placement
[*]Lacks size
[*]Durability
[*]Sidearms some throws
[*]Off-the-field concerns
[*]Focus on football
[*]Likes to party; celebrity lifestyle
[*]

Sports Illustrated:

Quote:SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I.—“His mechanics are awful. It’s hard not to be influenced by the things you’ve heard, that the problem is lack of discipline. That manifests itself off the field and in the way he plays. Even just carrying out fakes—it’s just like, ‘Ah, screw it.’ Those guys don’t make it usually. But he’s athletic enough and talented enough that if he works, he can make it,” says longtime NFL offensive coach Kevin Gilbride, who retired after last season, watching Manziel video in his home a few long spirals from the New England coast.
[*]

But whatever..

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 02:53 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lol what a idiot. I think a lot of people did . They hyped him up so hard,he just didn't want to be a pro. Do me a favor quit hounding me.

That's just it.....hype vs reality.  I watched Johnny Fartball, living in SEC country, and he was a runner and an improviser.  To me, he lacked discipline, and just didn't live up to the hype.  It was pretty obvious to me, when the kid that followed him broke his records in his first game action in Div 1, that a lot of Fartball's success was coaching/scheme/system/surrounding talent related.......not the next coming of John Elway.

Guys like Smith and Dalton have no hype, therefore, no matter what they'll actually wind up accomplishing, it'll never be good enough in some people's eyes.

Little Johnny is, was, and always will be an overrated turd.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 05:38 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This.

When the above comment was...

Made by the same person who made this comment.

And this comment...

And...yeah, I'd say you're relatively alone on the Manziel greatness bandwagon. A lot of people, including myself and plenty others on the board said he had college talent that did NOT translate well to the NFL.

Manziel Draft Profile:

Walter Football:

[*]

Sports Illustrated:

[*]

But whatever..
[*]

Relatively, but not totally.  I know of a folk or two that bought the hype......tee hee......

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-16-2017

First off, I'm not hounding you, so get over yourself.

More importantly, he didn't want to be a pro? Really? That's your argument? And you have the audacity to call me "a idiot"?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-16-2017

Lets keep it civil, guys.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-18-2017

(11-16-2017, 04:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lets keep it civil, guys.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Nicomo Cosca - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 01:47 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries 

I fart in your general direction