Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - XenoMorph - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or, as you said in another thread, where we would be if Zampese had been canned in the offseason like he should have been.

at least 6-4

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: at least 6-4

I would agree with this......and if they had addressed the o line issues as well....probably 7-3/8-2.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - THE PISTONS - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 01:53 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It might be time to consider him borderline elite right now.

15th in QB ranking is borderline elite?

It's funny...it's like the PFF ratings. People disagree with them and attack PFF unless they like the rankings.

(11-21-2017, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will get killed for saying this, but unless it was someone like Aaron Rogers that has the field vision AND the mobility to go with a great arm, there is no QB that would be doing better on this team than Dalton.  Not Brady, not piggy, not Brees...none of them.  

How can I say that?  Watch those guys in the ONLY games where they have the protection issues that Dalton faces every snap.  They sucked big time. 

He is more than "not bad", he is a tough SOB that is doing a lot with ONE receiving target and NO rushing attack, offensive line, or (most importantly) offensive design that creates open receivers with motion, moving the QB spot, or crossing routes.

Yet, people want to see the backup and draft a new QB.  

Again, I don't know what makes me more sick...the coaching or the fans.  And I will have to sit among them and listen to "Dalton sucks" cheers during the game once more.  Pinheads.  

Roethlisberger has posted extremely good stats in seasons he was sacked 50 times.

But, Brady or Brees likely wouldn't do better. I agree with that.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 05:28 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Well, looks like...short of a disaster of a season or injury, he will pass last season in touchdowns...there is that..

He has to. The Bengals can’t score on the ground.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - bengalfan74 - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 10:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would literally give my mortgage payment to see piggy get killed like that and see no receivers get open....ahhhh, what a dream.  People would say how it was the scheme and his talent around him all along and now without them he has been exposed for the fat piece of shit he is....Ahhh, this makes me smile.  

You know what would really be funny ?

Dalton is traded to Browns in the off season and Andy and Hue just stomp a mud hole in the Bengals @$$ for the next several seasons.

Well not really.......

(11-21-2017, 10:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Imagine what that stat line would be if he had a rushing attack and OL to help out.

That would be like 2009, the last season Cincinnati had a respectable and consistent run game.

Only in a Bengals forum would being ranked 15th in QBR = borderline elite QB.

I believe we only have 1 rushing TD all season as a team. That's going to inflate TD numbers of a QB at some level.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Sled21 - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will get killed for saying this, but unless it was someone like Aaron Rogers that has the field vision AND the mobility to go with a great arm, there is no QB that would be doing better on this team than Dalton.  Not Brady, not piggy, not Brees...none of them.  

How can I say that?  Watch those guys in the ONLY games where they have the protection issues that Dalton faces every snap.  They sucked big time. 

He is more than "not bad", he is a tough SOB that is doing a lot with ONE receiving target and NO rushing attack, offensive line, or (most importantly) offensive design that creates open receivers with motion, moving the QB spot, or crossing routes.

Yet, people want to see the backup and draft a new QB.  

Again, I don't know what makes me more sick...the coaching or the fans.  And I will have to sit among them and listen to "Dalton sucks" cheers during the game once more.  Pinheads.  
Good Post

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Nicomo Cosca - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Roethlisberger has posted extremely good stats in seasons he was sacked 50 times.

But, Brady or Brees likely wouldn't do better. I agree with that.

Brady has been getting sacked a lot this year (23 times/Dalton 27), and he’s still having an MVP caliber season.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Nately120 - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: I would agree with this......and if they had addressed the o line issues as well....probably 7-3/8-2.

So we could be 8-2 right now but our owner decided to put a guy who had no business being an OC as our OC and he let our o-line fall apart for the hell of it.  I tells ya, I can't believe people don't want to play for the Bengals!

We COULD be 8-2 but ehh...let's just be 4-6 because why bother. Think about that...we COULD be vying for the 1st overall seed in the AFC with the Steelers and Patriots and their mult-SB winning HOF QBs

BUT instead Dalton is slumming it with the Jets trotting out a 41 year old never-was QB, the Dolphins who spent all year with extra out of shape Cutler and Moore, the Bills who started a rookie 5th rounder who threw 5 INTs in one half, the Texans who lost their starter for the year, and so on. We sure do put our QBs in a position to succeed in these parts. I wonder why Dalton is the first franchise QB Mike Brown had who might (repeat MIGHT) not demand a trade from here.

Could be up there with the Steelers and Patriots if only we would have done the basic things like get an NFL-level OC and maaaaybe put an o-line on the field. Oh well. Enjoy rooting for the rest of the NFL to help us back into the playoffs over a bunch of .500 teams. Early prediction? We get the 6th seed and go to Jacksonville and see the Green fight clip 10000 times before Bort Bortles of all people beats us in a playoff game. Marvin gets an extension because holy crap you guys, playoffs 7 times in 9 years or something. YES!!! SCORE!!!

We would be 10-0 if it weren't for those meddling kids.

(11-21-2017, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So we could be 8-2 right now but our owner decided to put a guy who had no business being an OC as our OC and he let our o-line fall apart for the hell of it.  I tells ya, I can't believe people don't want to play for the Bengals!

We COULD be 8-2 but ehh...let's just be 4-6 because why bother.  Think about that...we COULD be vying for the 1st overall seed in the AFC with the Steelers and Patriots and their mult-SB winning HOF QBs

BUT instead Dalton is slumming it with the Jets trotting out a 41 year old never-was QB, the Dolphins who spent all year with extra out of shape Cutler and Moore, the Bills who started a rookie 5th rounder who threw 5 INTs in one half, the Texans who lost their starter for the year, and so on.  We sure do put our QBs in a position to succeed in these parts.  I wonder why Dalton is the first franchise QB Mike Brown had who might (repeat MIGHT) not demand a trade from here.

Could be up there with the Steelers and Patriots if only we would have done the basic things like get an NFL-level OC and maaaaybe put an o-line on the field.  Oh well.  Enjoy rooting for the rest of the NFL to help us back into the playoffs over a bunch of .500 teams.  Early prediction?  We get the 6th seed and go to Jacksonville and see the Green fight clip 10000 times before Bort Bortles of all people beats us in a playoff game.  Marvin gets an extension because holy crap you guys, playoffs 7 times in 9 years or something.  YES!!! SCORE!!!

LMAO.....sad thing is, it really is pretty simple.  If this team could just run enough to keep defenses honest, the offense would be a totally different animal from what we're seeing.

Bort Bortles..... LMAO

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - bengalfan74 - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So we could be 8-2 right now but our owner decided to put a guy who had no business being an OC as our OC and he let our o-line fall apart for the hell of it.  I tells ya, I can't believe people don't want to play for the Bengals!

We COULD be 8-2 but ehh...let's just be 4-6 because why bother.  Think about that...we COULD be vying for the 1st overall seed in the AFC with the Steelers and Patriots and their mult-SB winning HOF QBs

BUT instead Dalton is slumming it with the Jets trotting out a 41 year old never-was QB, the Dolphins who spent all year with extra out of shape Cutler and Moore, the Bills who started a rookie 5th rounder who threw 5 INTs in one half, the Texans who lost their starter for the year, and so on.  We sure do put our QBs in a position to succeed in these parts.  I wonder why Dalton is the first franchise QB Mike Brown had who might (repeat MIGHT) not demand a trade from here.

Could be up there with the Steelers and Patriots if only we would have done the basic things like get an NFL-level OC and maaaaybe put an o-line on the field.  Oh well.  Enjoy rooting for the rest of the NFL to help us back into the playoffs over a bunch of .500 teams.  Early prediction?  We get the 6th seed and go to Jacksonville and see the Green fight clip 10000 times before Bort Bortles of all people beats us in a playoff game.  Marvin gets an extension because holy crap you guys, playoffs 7 times in 9 years or something.  YES!!! SCORE!!!

If Mike Brown would have only valued winning over $$$$

Kept Big Whit, told PA to take a hike and went out and found a C and RG in free agency. Fired Zampese in the off season and hired a real OC.

I have little to no doubt we'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt right now, probably even in contention for a bye !

7-3 is no stretch at all.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - WeezyBengal - 11-21-2017

The offensive line has played better the past few games. Dalton is only as good as his offensive line lets him be.

(11-21-2017, 12:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The offensive line has played better the past few games. Dalton is only as good as his offensive line lets him be.

......and they're still not worth a shit.  Look at the run numbers, they're actually getting worse.  One thing that HAS gotten better over the last few weeks, is that Dalton has not made too many mistakes when he HAS had time, and taken advantage and hit some big plays.  Maybe the OC and QB have adapted to the shit show.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - WeezyBengal - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 12:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......and they're still not worth a shit.  Look at the run numbers, they're actually getting worse.  One thing that HAS gotten better over the last few weeks, is that Dalton has not made too many mistakes when he HAS had time, and taken advantage and hit some big plays.  Maybe the OC and QB have adapted to the shit show.

Just by looking at it, I feel like the pass pro has gotten better the past few weeks. I mean its not great or good by any means, but it is better. 

Hell, I guess the only place they had was to go up.  Hilarious

(11-21-2017, 12:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just by looking at it, I feel like the pass pro has gotten better the past few weeks. I mean its not great or good by any means, but it is better. 

Hell, I guess the only place they had was to go up.  Hilarious

LMAO....true that.  To be fair, they do seem to have improved a bit in pass pro, and it seems the QB is taking advantage when given the time instead of missing open guys and throwing off target.  I think he has finally adapted to the bad blocking somewhat as well.  Could be a scheme thing with the coordinator as well.  Probably a combination of all three.

(11-21-2017, 12:24 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO....true that.  To be fair, they do seem to have improved a bit in pass pro, and it seems the QB is taking advantage when given the time instead of missing open guys and throwing off target.  I think he has finally adapted to the bad blocking somewhat as well.  Could be a scheme thing with the coordinator as well.  Probably a combination of all three.

Bill Lazor has drawn up some tasty timing short to medium length timing routes. The receiver has to be in the perfect place because Andy is going to get that ball out before the receivers turn their heads. The touchdown to Alex Erickson was a perfect example.

(11-21-2017, 12:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Lazor has drawn up some tasty timing short to medium length timing routes.  The receiver has to be in the perfect place because Andy is going to get that ball out before the receivers turn their heads.  The touchdown to Alex Erickson was a perfect example.

Absolutely.  Good call.....

(11-21-2017, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady has been getting sacked a lot this year (23 times/Dalton 27), and he’s still having an MVP caliber season.

The Patriots can actually run the ball still though.

Give any QB the absolute worst running game in the NFL and you get worse quick.