Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - sandwedge - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady has been getting sacked a lot this year (23 times/Dalton 27), and he’s still having an MVP caliber season.

It's not always about being sacked, but pressure.  AD is constantly under siege. You watch Brady and he can step up into the pocket, where as Andy has nowhere to step up into.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - sandwedge - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will get killed for saying this, but unless it was someone like Aaron Rogers that has the field vision AND the mobility to go with a great arm, there is no QB that would be doing better on this team than Dalton.  Not Brady, not piggy, not Brees...none of them.  

How can I say that?  Watch those guys in the ONLY games where they have the protection issues that Dalton faces every snap.  They sucked big time. 

He is more than "not bad", he is a tough SOB that is doing a lot with ONE receiving target and NO rushing attack, offensive line, or (most importantly) offensive design that creates open receivers with motion, moving the QB spot, or crossing routes.

Yet, people want to see the backup and draft a new QB.  

Again, I don't know what makes me more sick...the coaching or the fans.  And I will have to sit among them and listen to "Dalton sucks" cheers during the game once more.  Pinheads.  
No killing here! Pretty much spot on!

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Luvnit2 - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Roethlisberger has posted extremely good stats in seasons he was sacked 50 times.

But, Brady or Brees likely wouldn't do better. I agree with that.

The comparison is for 2017 Ben and others. Ben used to be more mobile and better under pressure, now he is not so I agree with others, Ben would get killed trying to hold the ball against with our OL.

(11-21-2017, 11:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Only in a Bengals forum would being ranked 15th in QBR = borderline elite QB.

I believe we only have 1 rushing TD all season as a team. That's going to inflate TD numbers of a QB at some level.

:paul:

Wrong again!

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Nicomo Cosca - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 12:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Patriots can actually run the ball still though.

Give any QB the absolute worst running game in the NFL and you get worse quick.

The lack of a running game is a killer, no denying that. Stafford seems to be overcoming it though. Lions are 6-4.

Lions - Rank (28th), 3.4 avg, 80. 8 yds/g

Bengals- Rank (32nd), 3.0 avg, 68. 0 yds/g

(11-21-2017, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady has been getting sacked a lot this year (23 times/Dalton 27), and he’s still having an MVP caliber season.

Brady is a HOF QB and maybe best to ever play the game. I would not categorize Brady as almost elite. He is ultra elite!

(11-21-2017, 12:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It's not always about being sacked, but pressure.  AD is constantly under siege. You watch Brady and he can step up into the pocket, where as Andy has nowhere to step up into.

He also bails a lot of the time when he doesn’t have to.

(11-21-2017, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Brady is a HOF QB and maybe best to ever play the game. I would not categorize Brady as almost elite. He is ultra elite!

Agreed. Which is why I disagree with the notion he wouldn’t do better than Dalton here.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - SHRacerX - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Roethlisberger has posted extremely good stats in seasons he was sacked 50 times.

That wasn't because he didn't have line protection.  That was more a function of him holding the ball forever and not being mobile.  Those teams also had phenomenal defenses, as did the early Brady Patriot teams.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2017

(11-20-2017, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fatigue. 
People in general never really liked Dalton all that much. He didn't have much pomp and circumstance around him. 
Unless he's putting up all world numbers people here are kind of over him. 

And FWIW, I don't think PFF is "objective" really. 

They're over the one thing we have going on offense? Seems silly to me. The offense is Dalton, Green and what, exactly? 

We all have fatigue with this team. My fatigue is with Mike Brown, PA and Marv...probably in that order. I feel they've held a lot of our players back, Dalton included. (I know you don't agree on PA).

(11-21-2017, 11:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You know what would really be funny ?

Dalton is traded to Browns in the off season and Andy and Hue just stomp a mud hole in the Bengals @$$ for the next several seasons.

Well not really.......

If the Browns do stick with Hue and nail their next two drafts, they will be stomping the Bengals in to the ground.  I can only hope they also stomp the steelers and rats. 

Yeah, the two teams are so similar in their coaching schematics, defenses, divisions, etc.  

(11-21-2017, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or, as you said in another thread, where we would be if Zampese had been canned in the offseason like he should have been.

Hey, while we are at it:  What if Hue was retained as HC and Marv was gone?  

(11-21-2017, 11:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Only in a Bengals forum would being ranked 15th in QBR = borderline elite QB.

I believe we only have 1 rushing TD all season as a team. That's going to inflate TD numbers of a QB at some level.

Not having a rushing attack is going to inflate the TD numbers of a QB?  I don't think so... You could argue that Piggy gets a lot of TD passes because they throw it on first down at the 1 yard line, but I hardly believe that a deficient rushing attack is going to help a QB at any level as the defense will be that much more constructed to stop the passing attack.  

(11-21-2017, 01:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, the two teams are so similar in their coaching schematics, defenses, divisions, etc.  

I wasn’t the one that originally brought up Brady.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - bengalhoel - 11-21-2017

You cant really compare Roethlisberger's stats to Daltons.  Ben holds the ball too long and creates sacks when they aren't there so a lot of those are on him. Dalton has no chance to even look at the field with this line.  

Im not saying Ben couldn't do somewhat better because he is a better QB, but with the same game plan and coaching staff that Dalton has his stats would not be drastically better.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or, as you said in another thread, where we would be if Zampese had been canned in the offseason like he should have been.

Dalton has now played 8 games under Lazor:

147 of 230 (63.9%)
1764 yards (7.67 YPA)
16 TDs
4 INTs
103.2 rating (would be tied for 5th with Aaron Rodgers)
4 TDs per INT

(11-21-2017, 01:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wasn’t the one that originally brought up Brady.

That was the whole point.  Virtually no QB would be successful here right now...your point about how many times Brady had been sacked was a moot point.  

(11-21-2017, 01:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That was the whole point.  Virtually no QB would be successful here right now...your point about how many times Brady had been sacked was a moot point.  

Agree to disagree.

RE: DALTON ON THE RISE IN QB STATS - GodFather - 11-21-2017

Think where we'd be if Marvin was canned in the offseason!  Ninja