Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Big Boss - 11-26-2018

And for the record, I'm ready to start looking for Dalton's replacement (under a new coaching staff). His contract is up after next season, and he has not demonstrated the ability to show up big when we need him to. By the end of next year, he will have been here nine seasons. Nine seasons with no playoff wins? I'd say it's time to move on.

If Dalton is out for a few weeks, people will get their wish to see Driskel start. I just wouldn't hold your breath over this guy being anything more than what he already is.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - THE PISTONS - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People tend to buy into message board BS about Dalton being mediocre. He's not top 5, but look where he ranks all across the board in all the categories. He's in some pretty elite company.

Our main issue on offense is the running game IMO. We average what 90 rushing yards a game?

That's pathetically low.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Au165 - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 01:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: At least the kid doesn't come out flat as a pancake with zero energy. And he put more points on the board than Dalton did.

Numbers lie, tape doesn’t. If stats are all you care about I’m not sure what to tell you, Driskell is a back up for a reason and it showed in the game.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - PhilHos - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 02:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our main issue on offense is the running game IMO. We average what 90 rushing yards a game?

That's pathetically low.

I think that stems from the offensive line and playcalling and the stupid rotating RBs more than the anything else.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - thompson19osu - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 02:05 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks people are hilariously overstating Driskel's capabilities? I have seen nothing from the guy in any of his starts that lead me to believe he'd make a serviceable stop-gag in the event that Dalton is out for an extended period of time. I don't know where this fascination is coming from with him. I really don't.

The guy scored two touchdowns in garbage time against a team that basically had the win in the bag, and who had not game-planned for him at all. Big whoop. How about the two near picks he threw? How about the fact that a lot of his completions came from receivers making acrobatic plays?

If Dalton is out for the next few weeks, let's see just how well Driskel does when teams spend an entire week game-planning for him. Methinks we're not going to be thrilled with the result.

Exactly. Let’s watch the ass whooping unfold against Denver and then see all the Driskell lovers ask for his backup ?.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Big Boss - 11-26-2018

Was it just me, or was Mixon once again on the sideline on a crucial fourth down play? I don't get it.

Injuries, lack of talent/depth (partly tied into the first thing), poor coaching, penalties. This season turned into a shitshow good and quick.

(11-26-2018, 02:25 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Exactly. Let’s watch the ass whooping unfold against Denver and then see all the Driskell lovers ask for his backup ?.

With our luck, we'll BEAT Denver with Driskel and the Driskel lovers will claim him better than Roethlisberger. 

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Goalpost - 11-26-2018

Andy is 23rd in qb rating and 27th in completion percentage.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

This has been a very mediocre year for Andy statistically

RE: Glad to See the Injury - thompson19osu - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: With our luck, we'll BEAT Denver with Driskel and the Driskel lovers will claim him better than Roethlisberger. 

I think there is a ZERO percent chance of this happening. I watched the entire Pitt game and Denver’s line is gonna have theirs on Sunday. They will probably wind up with 4-5 sacks and 2 picks.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - BengalsBong - 11-26-2018

Who thinks we can win out with Dalton at QB and the defense playing at historically bad level? That is what it will take to squeak into the playoffs. Driskel has spread the ball around three times as much as Dalton to guys we need to develop like Tate and Ross in very little playing time. If we can find out about our young WR and give Driskel some much needed playing time it will only make us a better team in the future. Having Driskel in might even spark the defensive guys to play a little harder its a wait and see type of thing. Give Driskel the rest of the year and you might answer some questions that need answers. Are the young WR good enough to play at this level? Is it Lazor or Dalton that is hurting us on offense? Do we need to draft a QB next year? Driskel has earned a few starts at the least and Dalton throwing hand is injured. And the next two games will be a good test for Driskel and the garbage time question can be put to rest as well.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - THE PISTONS - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 02:28 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Who thinks we can win out with Dalton at QB and the defense playing at historically bad level? That is what it will take to squeak into the playoffs. Driskel has spread the ball around three times as much as Dalton to guys we need to develop like Tate and Ross in very little playing time. If we can find out about our young WR and give Driskel some much needed playing time it will only make us a better team in the future. Having Driskel in might even spark the defensive guys to play a little harder its a wait and see type of thing. Give Driskel the rest of the year and you might answer some questions that need answers. Are the young WR good enough to play at this level? Is it Lazor or Dalton that is hurting us on offense? Do we need to draft a QB next year? Driskel has earned a few starts at the least and Dalton throwing hand is injured. And the next two games will be a good test for Driskel and the garbage time question can be put to rest as well.

We're not making the playoffs.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - fortyyearfan - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 10:50 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I got to be honest I am Glad to see Andy Dalton to get hurt in the manner he did.  It is nothing too serious, but it lets us know that we have a good solid Back UP and it might be the motivation Andy needs to get in the saddle and play a little bit harder.  

Before All the Andy Dalton defenders come running, the guy did not get hurt like he will never be able to walk again or never be able to speak again or be able to see again, but I think it is a good thing for him to see the ball being moved down field and him not in the Game.  If Driskel was in the entire Game good chance we would have been at least competitive.

So yeah I am Glad to see Andy Dalton get Hur...

I think Andy Dalton is one of the top tier people in the world but maybe this will change his game a bit.

After his first year, I have been saying he is a okay qb,but nothing great.Its real real hard to find a top qb. Only a few make it. His biggest problem is he is not a leader,he is just a guy that plays the position.A leader is Baker Mayfield. He will lead the browns to a playoff before the bungles get there. Please believe this. They may win out this year,and it would not surprise me.Our team may finish 8 and 8 and I think Billy Price is learning he is not an nfl center.He is getting hammered and makes a ton of mistakes and he is an arrogant dude too.The media is learning that and so is his teammates.He cost us at least 7 pts and probably more the way he was knocked around.This O-line is awlful and fisher and number 70 need released at end of season or right now.

(11-26-2018, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're not making the playoffs.

And I don't know if I WANT to make the playoffs. Not if there's a chance that missing the playoffs can lead to Merv's departure (I mean, I highly doubt anything short of Merv's death will lead to his departure after THIS season, but still [insert You're telling me there's a chance meme])

(11-26-2018, 03:04 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: After his first year, I have been saying he is a okay qb,but nothing great.Its real real hard to find a top qb. Only a few make it. His biggest problem is he is not a leader,he is just a guy that plays the position.A leader is Baker Mayfield. He will lead the browns to a playoff before the bungles get there. Please believe this. They may win out this year,and it would not surprise me.Our team may finish 8 and 8 and I think Billy Price is learning he is not an nfl center.He is getting hammered and makes a ton of mistakes and he is an arrogant dude too.The media is learning that and so is his teammates.He cost us at least 7 pts and probably more the way he was knocked around.This O-line is awlful and fisher and number 70 need released at end of season or right now.

Can you please elaborate on how Dalton is NOT a leader and Mayfield is? Thanks.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - wolverine515151 - 11-26-2018

Id like to see Driskel play the last 5 games and see if he's better than Dalton. The sample size is too small to say anything yet about him yet. We're almost assuredly not making the playoffs and its time to get some of the other key players some playing time.

I think in the off season a lot of the coaches and key players will be shipped out. When I say key players I mean players like Dalton and Burfict. The Bengals need to do a serious evaluation to see if we want to continue down the same path of losing or dismantle this thing and start again.

If Driskel outplays Dalton down the stretch then the answer is an easy one, Dalton is cut and we draft a qb in the first, then Driskel and the first round qb battle it out for the starting spot.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Au165 - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 03:20 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Id like to see Driskel play the last 5 games and see if he's better than Dalton. The sample size is too small to say anything yet about him yet. We're almost assuredly not making the playoffs and its time to get some of the other key players some playing time.

I think in the off season a lot of the coaches and key players could be shipped out. The Bengals need to do a serious evaluation to see if we want to continue down the same path of losing or  dismantle this thing and start again.

If Driskel outplays Dalton down the stretch then the answer is an easy one, Dalton is cut and we draft a qb in the first, then Driskel and the first round qb battle it out for the starting spot.

This is stupid. Sorry, it just is. You don't cut a starting caliber QB who is on a team friendly deal. You trade him to one of the many teams who need a QB that is average to above average and can win now (This is you JAX). The issue is if you bench him then you only hurt Dalton's value and hence hurt your team. If Dalton is hurt sure you start him, heck maybe if he isn't quite hurt and you can pretend for a week or two you do but you don't bench Dalton and depreciate his value if you want to move on. 

I'll keep saying Driskell is 100% not a starting QB in the NFL, but a decent back up i.e. he is AJ McCaron. I have no issue moving on from Andy, but at least be smart about it. What you just described would be a Bengal way to handle it....which is what we don't want. 

RE: Glad to See the Injury - bfine32 - 11-26-2018

Driskell's better than Dalton right now. But that's because Andy has a bum thumb. When both are 100% I give the nod to Andy.

This doesn't mean folks need to look for ways to "explain" Driskell's performance to protect Andy. My biggest issue with Andy is we never pull him and let him watch when he's performing poorly.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - wolverine515151 - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 03:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is stupid. Sorry, it just is. You don't cut a starting caliber QB who is on a team friendly deal. You trade him to one of the many teams who need a QB that is average to above average and can win now (This is you JAX). The issue is if you bench him then you only hurt Dalton's value and hence hurt your team. If Dalton is hurt sure you start him, heck maybe if he isn't quite hurt and you can pretend for a week or two you do but you don't bench Dalton and depreciate his value if you want to move on. 

I'll keep saying Driskell is 100% not a starting QB in the NFL, but a decent back up i.e. he is AJ McCaron. I have no issue moving on from Andy, but at least be smart about it. What you just described would be a Bengal way to handle it....which is what we don't want. 

Your comments are asinine and show an extreme lack of knowledge.  Daltons value isn't going down if he doesn't play. Teams know what Dalton brings to the table. If he doesn't play it won't hurt his value at all.

Cutting him won't cost the Bengals any money and trading him isn't that easy because a lot of teams don't want to eat 16 million for a qb that they would rate as their possible backup.  

I made the assumption it would be hard to get any value for Dalton because of how teams view him as a player. You're stupid for assuming Dalton is ranked as an above average qb. That is not how nfl gm's would rank him.

If he can be traded then fine try and get a second or third rounder for him. You miss the main point of the statement . We need to go in a different direction with this team and it starts with the qb.

It's not as if he gets the starting spot automatically for a lot of teams. I guarantee you most teams view Dalton as a Fitzpatrick type of player. Teams signed Fitzpatrick for 2 million base salary and most teams rank Dalton in the 20 to 25 of starting qb's. 

Secondly, who says to bench him, theirs a chance he's got a serious enough injury that it'll keep him out for the last five games of the season. 

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 03:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is stupid. Sorry, it just is. You don't cut a starting caliber QB who is on a team friendly deal. You trade him to one of the many teams who need a QB that is average to above average and can win now (This is you JAX). The issue is if you bench him then you only hurt Dalton's value and hence hurt your team. If Dalton is hurt sure you start him, heck maybe if he isn't quite hurt and you can pretend for a week or two you do but you don't bench Dalton and depreciate his value if you want to move on. 

I agree, and he'd be a great fit in JAX.  I noted in another thread, if the thumb is not 100%, sit him this week at least.  It is his throwing hand, afterall.  If we're looking to move on, get him back in there to finish the season when he's healed, and market the shit out of him.

The only thing I'll disagree on, I think Driskel's at least more entertaining to watch than AJM. Tongue

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-26-2018

(11-26-2018, 03:38 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Your comments are asinine and show an extreme lack of knowledge.  Daltons value isn't going down if he doesn't play. Teams know what Dalton brings to the table. If he doesn't play it won't hurt his value at all.

Cutting him won't cost the Bengals any money and trading him isn't that easy because not a lot of teams don't want to eat 16 million for a qb that they would rate as their possible backup.  I made the assumption it would be hard to get any value for Dalton because of how teams view him as a player. 

If he can be traded then fine try and get a second or third rounder for him. You miss the main point of the statement . We need to go in a different direction with this team and it starts with the qb.

It's not as if he gets the starting spot automatically for a lot of teams. I guarantee you most teams view Dalton as a Fitzpatrick type of player. 

Secondly, who says to bench him, theirs a chance he got a serious enough injury that it'll keep him out for the last five games of the season. 

It starts with the HC in our case.....and most of his staff.  I would think Jacksonville becomes a legit contender again with Dalton at the helm.  He might even help the Buccaneers or Broncos....