Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Glad to See the Injury - fredtoast - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's go with the current year. Let's see if anybody other that Matt Moore beats him

So you are one of those guys who say that right now you would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or Ryan Tannehill as your quarterback than Tom Brady.

To me that sounds kind of silly, but I realize you have to say some silly things to try and rip Andy.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Rubekahn29 - 11-27-2018

(11-26-2018, 11:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m ready to move on from Dalton, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Dalton isn’t the answer. Driskell sure as hell isnt either.

He's all we got right now, so these five games will tell us what to do next year. Get a QB in the draft (likely) or stay with our current crew.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - wolverine515151 - 11-27-2018

(11-26-2018, 11:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There have been 79 different QBs who have attempted enough passes in a season to be ranked in a season since 2011.

Which 16 of those 79 do you claim have a higher average ranking than Dalton's 16.5?  If you are going to use "average ranking" then you have to tell me which QBs have a higher "average ranking" than Dalton.

Surely you are not trying to claim that a QB who just finished ahead of Dalton one year but behind him multiple times is a better QB, are you?  That would be silly wouldn't it?

Matt Moore was only ranked once and he was 12th.  Are you saying that Matt Moore is the 12th best QB over that period because his "average ranking" is 12?

You have now turned this into a trolling exercise. First , you round up in mathematics. 16.5 is 17.

Who cares about the total number of starters that have attempted enough passes since 2011. He is ranked each season among the 32 starters, that is it, nothing else needs to be considered. 

Who cares how many times some qb was ranked. If it was only one time, then that is the one year Dalton is ranked against him. Dalton wouldn't be ranked against him in any other season because he was only a starter that one season.  

Go argue with yourself about it. Your'e just trolling and turning this into some kind of clown show. 

RE: Glad to See the Injury - PhilHos - 11-27-2018

(11-26-2018, 11:30 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: People like you wish that happens so you can have your precious dalton starting for eternity. What has dalton done here? How many big meaningful games has he won? 

Dalton has led the Bengals to a 68-50-2 record when he starts. It's pretty sad that you don't like having a winning QB start for the Bengals.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - PhilHos - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 02:02 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You have now turned this into a trolling exercise. First , you round up in mathematics. 16.5 is 17.

Who cares about the total number of starters that have attempted enough passes since 2011. He is ranked each season among the 32 starters, that is it, nothing else needs to be considered. 

Who cares how many times some qb was ranked. If it was only one time, then that is the one year Dalton is ranked against him. Dalton wouldn't be ranked against him in any other season because he was only a starter that one season.  

Go argue with yourself about it. Your'e just trolling and turning this into some kind of clown show. 

Fred is NOT trolling. Fred is making a claim and backing it up with facts. Fred is arguing against other people's claims using facts. Fred is arguing other people's stats asking for a more detailed look at their stats.

Either you don't know what the definition of trolling is or you recognize you don't have an argument against what fred is sayign so you just call him a troll.

RE: Glad to See the Injury - bengalsturntup926 - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 02:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton has led the Bengals to a 68-50-2 record when he starts. It's pretty sad that you don't like having a winning QB start for the Bengals.

Oh yeah thats so impressive when we cant beat the steelers ,win prime time games or games that really mean sonething. Plus dalton had a top 3 defense for how long. Dalton has had it good here and we havnt been good enough just medicre,people are tired of it. 

RE: Glad to See the Injury - wolverine515151 - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 02:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fred is NOT trolling. Fred is making a claim and backing it up with facts. Fred is arguing against other people's claims using facts. Fred is arguing other people's stats asking for a more detailed look at their stats.

Either you don't know what the definition of trolling is or you recognize you don't have an argument against what fred is sayign so you just call him a troll.

There is no argument to be made against non sense. He is trolling and so are you for backing him on it. He is not asking for stats or facts, he's deliberately convoluting the argument with utter nonsense and calling it an argument. 

Take the argument a step further than just using active qb's that qualify, which excludes past good qb's like Peyton Manning, Tony Romo or current qb's like Patrick Mahomes. 

Lets say only active qb's with enough snaps, that throw right handed, are good at ping pong, and have a pet monkey. Then we can take the cherry picking even further, I'm still using facts with my argument, but of course it is so cherry picked that facts become meaningless.

Just stating facts is not enough, it needs to be logical and fair. I'm using facts and logic when I compare Dalton only to the 32 starters every year and nothing else, there is no cherry picking at all. 

RE: Glad to See the Injury - Marlon23 - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 12:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are one of those guys who say that right now you would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or Ryan Tannehill as your quarterback than Tom Brady.

To me that sounds kind of silly, but I realize you have to say some silly things to try and rip Andy.

I will take Tom Brady Please.  

RE: Glad to See the Injury - fredtoast - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 04:52 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Just stating facts is not enough, it needs to be logical and fair. I'm using facts and logic when I compare Dalton only to the 32 starters every year and nothing else, there is no cherry picking at all. 

No you are not.  QBs do not exist in a vacuum.   When we look at who is the best QB we look at more than one season.  If you just look at one season in a QBs career then you have to say that right now you would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or Ryan Tannehill as your QB than Tom Brady.

Anyone who thinks Tannehill and Fitzpatrick are better than Brady just do not understand football.

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 11-27-2018

The stats Dalton and Dalton lovers can't get around is the 0-4, 1 TD, 6 INTs and 4 FUMs in the playoffs. Three of those playoff games were as the 6th seed, which didn't exist in the 80's, so he would have only had one appearance back when Kenny Anderson played.

Team just put him on the IR so he could save face and not be riding the bench the rest of the year.  Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-28-2018

(11-27-2018, 04:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Oh yeah thats so impressive when we cant beat the steelers ,win prime time games or games that really mean sonething. 

That record I listed is for regular season and playoffs. All those are meaningful games. BTW, Dalton is not winless against the Steelers or on Prime Time. So he CAN beat the Steelers and win prime time games. Sure, not regularly, but anyone with a brain can see that's a Merv problem not a Dalton problem.

(11-27-2018, 04:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Plus dalton had a top 3 defense for how long. 

For 1 season.

(11-27-2018, 04:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Dalton has had it good here and we havnt been good enough just medicre,people are tired of it. 

Dalton has had it better than most and he's proven to be an above average QB. Yes, it's true, he can't overcome Merv's mediocre coaching but that doesn't change the fact that we've won more games than we lost with Dalton at QB.

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-28-2018

(11-27-2018, 04:52 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: There is no argument to be made against non sense. 
And, yet, fred continues to try arguing against yours.
(11-27-2018, 04:52 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: There is no argument to be made against non sense. He is trolling and so are you for backing him on it. He is not asking for stats or facts, he's deliberately convoluting the argument with utter nonsense and calling it an argument. 

No, he's not. He's providing facts to back up his position. You don't have to agree with his interpretation of said facts, but that doesn't make his argument "nonsense".

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - wolverine515151 - 11-28-2018

(11-27-2018, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you are not.  QBs do not exist in a vacuum.   When we look at who is the best QB we look at more than one season.  If you just look at one season in a QBs career then you have to say that right now you would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or Ryan Tannehill as your QB than Tom Brady.

Anyone who thinks Tannehill and Fitzpatrick are better than Brady just do not understand football.

I simply averaged Dalton's ranking out each year against the 32 starters, he had an average rank of 17,  and from that you have extracted that I think Fitzpatrick is better than Brady.  Brady has a much higher career qb rating and multiple super bowls, so no, I would not rank Fitzpatrick ahead of Brady.

You keep trolling other people toast, because arguing with you is the same as arguing with a piece of bacteria, it's futile. 

What I will do is ask you some simple questions to see if you even have grade 8 level logic skills.

First question is simple; I have four footballs, two are orange, one green and one yellow. Without looking I choose two footballs and place them underneath two Bengals jerseys.

I lift one Bengals jersey and it's an orange football. What's the probability the other is also an orange football

Second question

I have four footballs; two are orange, one green and one yellow. Without looking I choose two footballs and place them underneath two Bengals jerseys.

This time I don't lift a jersey up. What's the chances that both are orange footballs.

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - JackoinFlorida - 03-31-2019

I think Andy might survive this year but a trade with the cardinals Rosen for Ross would be a great start for both and give callahan one or two years to make him Andy's replacement

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - grampahol - 05-20-2019

(11-26-2018, 10:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Johnny. Manziel. Discuss.....

Thrilled when Cleveland drafted him in the first.. Not so much when they released him..  Tongue

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-21-2019

(11-26-2018, 11:25 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I cant wait to see driskel go out there and take this team to a victory sunday but i dont know if hes the actual answer. I think we need to trade dalton once driskel shows he can win and draft a qb theres quite a few with big arms coming out and thats what we need,some qb with a live arm that has good size and good football mechanics and iq. Im done watching the dalton + marvin circus. Im so glad dalton is out. So i dont have to watch blandy for the rest of the year. Go back to texas blandy.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-21-2019

(11-26-2018, 11:41 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You havnt seen what the guy can do and you are downing him thats why. I wouldnt go all in on him being the qb of the future i still say draft a guy but im excited to seeing a mobile smart qb in there a whole game that has gotten practice,id like to see him with green too. I bet they start winning games with him. Which im hoping so it can show how overrated blandy is here. Dalton is a bridge gap qb nothing more nothing less. 

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 05-21-2019

(11-28-2018, 11:26 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: First question is simple; I have four footballs, two are orange, one green and one yellow. Without looking I choose two footballs and place them underneath two Bengals jerseys.

I lift one Bengals jersey and it's an orange football. What's the probability the other is also an orange football

1 in 2.7 million

(11-28-2018, 11:26 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Second question

I have four footballs; two are orange, one green and one yellow. Without looking I choose two footballs and place them underneath two Bengals jerseys.

This time I don't lift a jersey up. What's the chances that both are orange footballs.

1 in 6.

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-27-2019

After the news we received from Andrew Luck with respect to his injuries and retirement I think we in Cincinnati are fortunate to have a durable and relatively injury-free quarterback in Andy Dalton. Speaking thereof, Andy Dalton has a higher pass completion percentage than Andrew Luck.

RE: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - HarleyDog - 08-27-2019

(08-27-2019, 09:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After the news we received from Andrew Luck with respect to his injuries and retirement I think we in Cincinnati are fortunate to have a durable and relatively injury-free quarterback in Andy Dalton. Speaking thereof, Andy Dalton has a higher pass completion percentage than Andrew Luck.

AD has been pretty fortunate because he has an early release (mostly the plan to protect him). Sooner the ball is out of his hands the better. He used to struggle with high passes and getting receivers killed. Now, more chest to facemask. Or so it seems?