Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - WhoDeyWho - 09-24-2015

Dalton's numbers by division/conference:

Within the division:

Comp %: 58
Y/A: 6.47
TD: 29
INT: 30

Outside the Division:

Comp %: 64
Y/A: 7.34
TD: 75
INT: 36

Inside the Conference:

Comp %: 60%
Y/A: 6.8
TD: 73
INT: 51

Outside the Conference:

Comp %: 66.5
Y/A: 7.74
TD: 31
INT: 15

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - yellowxdiscipline - 09-24-2015

I predict Dalton throws his first pick of the season in Baltimore.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - RoyleRedlegs - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 06:03 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Dalton's numbers by division/conference:

Within the division:

Comp %: 58
    Y/A: 6.47
    TD:  29
    INT: 30

Outside the Division:

Comp %: 64
    Y/A: 7.34
    TD:  75
    INT: 36

Inside the Conference:

Comp %: 60%
    Y/A: 6.8
    TD:  73
    INT: 51

Outside the Conference:

Comp %: 66.5
    Y/A: 7.74
    TD:  31
    INT: 15

In a similar thought, here's Joe Goodberry's work on Dalton's stats with common/uncommon opponents 

[Image: CPWuRpiUsAEm-tO.jpg:large]

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 03:11 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Completely disagree that he was worthy of a top 10 spot in 2013 and almost everybody would disagree with you. 99.999999% of people outside this forum and 98% of people inside this forum have never considered Andy Dalton a top 10 QB at any point in his career. That's just the way it is, but I'm not even getting into these same old arguments about why he wasn't considered one.

How about this, let's see what Andy does in 2015 and talk about it. I'm about done arguing about his past, I did that enough in 2011, 2012, then in 2013, and again in 2014. It's always arguing about his past, but football season is actually here so let's talk about the present.

Andy looks sharp, huh? I really thought Hue was a bad fit for him but maybe I was wrong about that.

He was the 10th ranked QB in the NFL with a 90+ rating before going into the Ravens finale where he threw 4 picks. 

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Rhinocero23 - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 02:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Still even if it was better than .500 the loss total would be more for .500 or better, if not the very least the same. Your stats are wrong.

You seemed to be pretty confident so I went back and looked. Are these not correct? 

2011 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records.
L - Steelers (6-3)
L - Ravens (6-3)
L - Steelers (8-3)
L - Texans (9-3)
L - Ravens (11-4)
L - Texans (10-6) Playoffs

2012 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records.
L - Broncos (4-3)
L - Texans (12-4) Playoffs

2013 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records.
L - Chargers (9-7) Playoffs

2014 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records
L - Indy (4-2)
L - Browns (6-3)
L - Steelers (6-3)
L - Steelers - (10-5)
L - Indy (11-5) Playoffs

BTW thought you would like to read this
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000537084/article/jets-among-shaky-20-teams-texans-among-02-teams-with-hope

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-25-2015

Andy Dalton is playing like a star. Can he keep it up? If he does, the Bengals are the best team in the league.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - J24 - 09-25-2015

(09-24-2015, 06:41 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: You seemed to be pretty confident so I went back and looked. Are these not correct? 

2011 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records.
L - Steelers (6-3)
L - Ravens (6-3)
L - Steelers (8-3)
L - Texans (9-3)
L - Ravens (11-4)
L - Texans (10-6) Playoffs

2012 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records.
L - Broncos (4-3)
L - Texans (12-4) Playoffs

2013 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records.
L - Chargers (9-7) Playoffs

2014 - The following are the losses to teams with winning records
L - Indy (4-2)
L - Browns (6-3)
L - Steelers (6-3)
L - Steelers - (10-5)
L - Indy (11-5) Playoffs

BTW thought you would like to read this
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000537084/article/jets-among-shaky-20-teams-texans-among-02-teams-with-hope
That story is laughable.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Bryan - 09-25-2015

(09-24-2015, 02:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 7th in yards in 2013, 3rd in TDs in 2013, and he did much better than Flacco or Eli that year. He was close to the top 10 in passer rating (efficiency) If you took out people like McCown who didn't play a lot. In 2014 he didn't have good stats at all, but he literally had one of the worst weapons in the league due to injuries. This year he's easily playing like he's in the top 10.

And let's not forget that Flacco didn't play well in the playoffs until his 5th year as a QB.

Dalton threw 20 picks in 2013. I like the guy, I hope he keeps up this level of play but c'mon he's not top 10. Are you secretly Andy Dalton?

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Brownshoe - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 01:54 AM)Bryan Wrote: Dalton threw 20 picks in 2013. I like the guy, I hope he keeps up this level of play but c'mon he's not top 10. Are you secretly Andy Dalton?

You do realize that 8 of Daltons INTs was not his fault in 2013 right? 4 of them were forced out of the Bengals receivers hands.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - djs7685 - 09-25-2015

(09-24-2015, 05:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, please stop bringing up who you think I like as a poster. It doesn't influence my opinion, and fwiw I like you as a poster - when you're not in full attack mode.

You brought this one up earlier in the thread and you actually noted how it directly DID influence your opinion.

Just sayin'. ThumbsUp

I'll try to not do that in the future as long as you don't mention it first though, deal.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 10:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You brought this one up earlier in the thread and you actually noted how it directly DID influence your opinion.

Just sayin'. ThumbsUp

I'll try to not do that in the future as long as you don't mention it first though, deal.

Where did I say that whether or not I like someone "directly influences my opinion"?

I'll wait.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - djs7685 - 09-25-2015

(09-21-2015, 02:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree with this post 100%, except I can't suggest that the Green Repper an idiot. I really liked that dude on the old boards. That said, I strongly disagree that Dalton is top 5 or even top 10. Now if Dalton can maintain close to this level of play through the season while not having many huge stinkers, I do think it's possible he gets around top 10. Rankings are always fluid.

(09-25-2015, 01:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Where did I say that whether or not I like someone "directly influences my opinion"?

I'll wait.

I know what you meant by that, but by the literal meaning of the words in the language that we're currently speaking, your above statement suggests that you can't call him an idiot because you really liked him on the old board.

Again, just sayin'. A lot of us are influenced on how to proceed with a conversation based on the user name of the person we're responding to. Some people have an issue when that's pointed out though. I have no problem admitting that my overall tone can be a bit altered with certain posters, but I'm not above agreeing/disagreeing with someone that I don't usually agree/disagree with (I think a lot of us are this way). I wasn't suggesting that you're changing your arguments all together based on the poster in question, but merely that you were softening things up because you were speaking to someone that you generally like on here. Is it really out of the realm of possibilities in this situation? I don't think there's anything off base with my original comment, and I stand by it.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 01:48 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I know what you meant by that, but by the literal meaning of the words in the language that we're currently speaking, your above statement suggests that you can't call him an idiot because you really liked him on the old board.

Again, just sayin'. A lot of us are influenced on how to proceed with a conversation based on the user name of the person we're responding to. Some people have an issue when that's pointed out though. I have no problem admitting that my overall tone can be a bit altered with certain posters, but I'm not above agreeing/disagreeing with someone that I don't usually agree/disagree with (I think a lot of us are this way). I wasn't suggesting that you're changing your arguments all together based on the poster in question, but merely that you were softening things up because you were speaking to someone that you generally like on here. Is it really out of the realm of possibilities in this situation? I don't think there's anything off base with my original comment, and I stand by it.

Wowzers. Look, that's just how I conduct myself. I don't call anyone an idiot...even those I strongly disagree with. That doesn't mean I "soften my opinion". It only means I try not to sink to that level.

I've had arguments/debates with literally everyone on these boards. Even those I like and respect the most. I just manage to do so without ripping into them and making things personal.

Honestly I just wanted to clarify that while I agreed with you, I don't think green repper is an idiot.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Junglejuice - 09-25-2015

Everyone on this board has made me roll my eyes before at some point.

Still respect everyone's take.

I do my best never to let arguments over opinions on a message board get personal.

That being said..... Dalton is dealing atm and looks different to me... Enjoy the ride.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-26-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All Dalton had to do was play well enough to win from his position at QB (regardless of how the rest of the team did) in any two of those playoff games and he would be considered a good QB just under those guys who have SB rings. But that didn't have occur in the slightest and you add the prime time implosions and you have his image.

He's made his own image. It wasn't created by the media.

We look at the Colts right now and it shows just how much Luck has carried that team since he arrived. The Bengals have talent everywhere, by contrast.

I hope Dalton continues as he has the last two games and creates a new image for himself. Two games isn't enough though. He's going to have to do it in prime time, then in the playoffs.

He didn't do much carrying Monday night.....

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - WhoDeyWho - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 05:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: He didn't do much carrying Monday night.....

I think more than anything it shows how weak the AFC South has been.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 05:54 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think more than anything it shows how weak the AFC South has been.

Truth....

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - CornerBlitz - 09-26-2015

(09-24-2015, 12:51 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Question about the bold. What compelling arguments do the "Andy is top 10" crowd even have? I don't understand that whatsoever. I can understand when people think he's close, hell, I'm an "Andy hater" and I have him at 12-13 and that's not even me considering anything in the 2015 so far! Back to the point though..

Flacco and Eli don't have the best regular season stats, but they had great postseason runs. Ryan, Rivers, and Romo may not have the playoff appearances/wins/performances but they've been clearly better in the regular season. Wilson doesn't have the inflated volume of other top QBs, but has been clearly better than most in almost every possible way otherwise. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger aren't even questionable. That's 11 guys right there that are just not debatable that are better than Andy. Even if you find a way to nitpick 1 guy like Eli or Flacco, he's still outside the top 10. That's not even bringing up the fact that there are other guys in the middle tier that some random people will throw in the top 10 like your occasional Stafford sighting.

The only way to "see why some believe he's there" is if you ignore anything that actually matters when it comes to evaluating a QB. Let's be honest, you're just trying to be nice to this guy because you like him as a poster. There is NO legitimate reason to believe he's a top 10 QB, and he hasn't been at any point in his career. No one outside of a few whacked out Bengals homers have believed so, and that will hopefully end in 2015. I think he can get there after a great season this year, but let's just not sugarcoat things for the sake of a poster you used to like and let's call it as it is in reality.

Most objective observers had Dalton ranked between 17-24. I'd say that with his performance so far you could make the case he's moved up slightly, but it's only been 2 games.

Those that say top 10 are idiotic.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 09-26-2015

(09-24-2015, 06:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In a similar thought, here's Joe Goodberry's work on Dalton's stats with common/uncommon opponents 

[Image: CPWuRpiUsAEm-tO.jpg:large]

You can sum this up by saying that Dalton has had struggles in the division. Most of his "common opponents" would be AFCN teams. I know Dalton has played the Jags and Broncos 3 times each and he's been solid against them. He's played the Dolphins 2-3 times and he's been terrible.

Btw, this is obviously an old chart, as Dalton has played 66 games and this only accounts for 52 of them. Dalton has been much improved vs the Steelers and Ravens recently.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - BayouBengal - 09-26-2015

In these first two games we've seen good Andy show up. He has confidence and some swagger and you have to like that.

But... 2 games isn't enough evidence to prove that bad Andy wont show up at some point this year.

Despite his confidence he just doesn't seem to rally the troops like the great field generals do and that may just be his personality. But until he leads us through a full season and deep into the playoffs, the top 10 argument is absurd. All QBs can have good games, it how bad they get when they aren't having a good game that really indicates where that QB should be ranked.

Have you seen how top QBs like Brady and Rogers are in command of the offense such that the momentum of a few bad plays doesn't turn on them? They seem to get more out of their teammates because of it and can definitely comeback from behind consistently turning a bad night into a competitive fight. Andy on the other hand seems to let the games' momentum carry him or wash him away.

So in our first 2 games the momentum has been with us and so has good Andy. We can start the top 10 talk when Andy rallies his troops to comeback from behind when the brakes are against us. That's what the top 10's do when they have bad starts.