Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But Palmer is taller and he doesn't have red hair!! 

You raise some good points here. [Image: thinking.gif]

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - GreenCornBengal - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 08:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So I missed the game entirely but followed along on my phone. Was it as nerve wracking as it looked?

I saw that Dalton fumbled for a TD but then followed with an 80 yard TD to AJ. Then he answered with another TD to give us the lead late.

Can't wait to see the highlights.

Andy Dalton looked like Aaron Rodgers today... no joke.

People will bash Dalton for his INT and fumble today, but the kid carried us today. AJ made his plays too.

We have the best QB to WR combo in NFL history >_< hahaha

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Utts - 09-28-2015

(09-24-2015, 01:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Eli manning is considered an elite QB while I don't doubt his efforts in 2 Super Bowl runs he is the definition of an inconsistent QB. Perception by the media is everything.

Eli is elite according to who?

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 09-28-2015

In 10 games since the 2.0 game, Dalton has a 102.0 rating. So maybe his new nickname should be Dalton 102.0.

Ninja

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - The Caped Crusader - 09-28-2015

He is about halfway there on his TD total and a third of the way there on his passing yards. Today's performance definitely helped.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-28-2015

(09-27-2015, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But Palmer is taller and he doesn't have red hair!! 

Palmer is strawberry blonde....so he's considered a redhead.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - type_stripe - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 12:00 AM)Utts Wrote: Eli is elite according to who?

Some "experts" but I'm on your side

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - rfaulk34 - 09-28-2015

Going for his 4th straight 100+ passer rating. Something he has yet to do in his career.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Brownshoe - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 01:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Going for his 4th straight 100+ passer rating. Something he has yet to do in his career.

Not to mention he's got top 5 stats right now.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - The Caped Crusader - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 01:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not to mention he's got top 5 stats right now.

Hard to believe he has a better passer rating than Brady. Especially when the Patriots are just blowing everyone out. Props to him.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Brownshoe - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 04:03 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Hard to believe he has a better passer rating than Brady. Especially when the Patriots are just blowing everyone out. Props to him.

Passer rating does not mean he's playing better. Passer rating is just efficiency with the football.

(09-28-2015, 04:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Passer rating does not mean he's playing better. Passer rating is just efficiency with the football.

I never said that he was playing better? I was just saying when you consider Brady has a better completion percentage and no interceptions. Thanks for the (obvious) football lesson.  Wink

(09-28-2015, 04:35 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I never said that he was playing better? I was just saying when you consider Brady has a better completion percentage and no interceptions. Thanks for the (obvious) football lesson.  Wink

It's not so obvious around these parts. People act like passer rating is the end all stat.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - GreenCornBengal - 09-28-2015

Andy has averaged 7 yards per pass throughout his career. Through the first three games he is sitting at 9.4.

I think one of the best ways to judge a QB is by their average yards per pass and so far Andy has been much better than his norm. There are a lot of games left though so many things could happen. Still, even by the eye test, there have been many many more long completions this year.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Joelist - 09-28-2015

Yards per pass also has problems, namely that it punishes QBs in West Coast style offenses and rewards QBs in more Coryell style offenses.

Really Passer Rating is time tested and has proven the best barometer out there. It's incomplete but generally a QB with a high passer rating IS playing well. The same cannot be said in (for example) ESPNs total QBR abomination.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - rfaulk34 - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 04:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's not so obvious around these parts. People act like passer rating is the end all stat.

lol. You still don't get it. Since there's such a flaw and it's impossible to rate QBs on one stat, they take 4 and multiply them with static numbers, no opinion-based grades added. It's not the end all but it's the best system out there for rating QBs against each other.

(09-28-2015, 04:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's not so obvious around these parts. People act like passer rating is the end all stat.

I guess so! I guess that judgment is sound, with some of the homerism and crap I read on here. All is well. 

(09-28-2015, 05:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. You still don't get it. Since there's such a flaw and it's impossible to rate QBs on one stat, they take 4 and multiply them with static numbers, no opinion-based grades added. It's not the end all but it's the best system out there for rating QBs against each other.

It's one of the better systems. Like you said, I think it's nearly impossible to really create an effective rating system. I know wins are used a lot but they can over exaggerate or not really tell the entire story. That QB could have had one hell of a defense or was the only good player on the team. But whatever. Dalton's doing a good job of filling the stats sheet as of now. 

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - BengalChris - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 01:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not to mention he's got top 5 stats right now.

We've seen that before. It's a long season and it's way too early to elevate Dalton into the top 10 QBs in the league, let alone the top 5. For one, he's gotta show up for the whole season and then in the playoffs. In the first 4 years he didn't do either of those.

2013 was Dalton's best statistical year, but even then 3.4% of his pass attempts were intercepted. That's a high number. In his rookie year 2.5% were intercepted, which is a decent number. His INT % has gotten worse every single year through last year. It's at an exceptional 1.1% for 2015 so far.

This year, so far, all of his numbers have improved substantially and his pocket presence has improved even more. Let's all hope it continues. The next seven games presents the team with a tough stretch. KC, Seattle, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland (Thursday Night), Houston (Monday Night) and Arizona.

The Arizona game is one that could be flexed to Sunday night. If both teams are in first place wouldn't be surprised at this. That would make 3 prime time games in a row.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 10:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We've seen that before. It's a long season and it's way too early to elevate Dalton into the top 10 QBs in the league, let alone the top 5. For one, he's gotta show up for the whole season and then in the playoffs. In the first 4 years he didn't do either of those.

2013 was Dalton's best statistical year, but even then 3.4% of his pass attempts were intercepted. That's a high number. In his rookie year 2.5% were intercepted, which is a decent number. His INT % has gotten worse every single year through last year. It's at an exceptional 1.1% for 2015 so far.

This year, so far, all of his numbers have improved substantially and his pocket presence has improved even more. Let's all hope it continues. The next seven games presents the team with a tough stretch. KC, Seattle, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland (Thursday Night), Houston (Monday Night) and Arizona.

The Arizona game is one that could be flexed to Sunday night. If both teams are in first place wouldn't be surprised at this. That would make 3 prime time games in a row.

That's a pretty brutal stretch of defenses. It's unrealistic to expect Dalton (or any QB) to maintain this MVP level play through that stretch. Lets just hope that Dalton doesn't have any true stinkers (50ish passer rating or below).