Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - McC - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 06:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is the only part of your post that I disagree with. Andy has not made any "new" throws this year. Every single throw he's attempted, he's attempted before. If you want to say you've not seen so many non-bad passes or more consistent play or add some other quantifier, okay (for example, his ball placement has never been better), but stop with the nonsense that Dalton is making throws he's never made before. That's just not true.

There is a difference between attempted and completed.  There was on throw, about a 20-25 yard frozen rope to AJ that I have never seen him complete before.  Right now, his accuracy is like never before.  He is throwing the most beautiful ball of his career.  And, which is even bigger, his mental game is at a very high and vert steady level.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - djs7685 - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 06:49 PM)McC Wrote: There is a difference between attempted and completed.  There was on throw, about a 20-25 yard frozen rope to AJ that I have never seen him complete before.  Right now, his accuracy is like never before.  He is throwing the most beautiful ball of his career.  And, which is even bigger, his mental game is at a very high and vert steady level.

Which is exactly what I'm talking about.

Sure, Andy has already attempted every type of throw in the book by year 5, but he hasn't completed them all like he has been and he hasn't put this kind of touch on some of them in the past either.

His throw in the end zone to Eifert and some of his shots to MLJ have been stuff that I haven't seen from Andy and I didn't think were within his abilities. I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: The biggest things that stick out to me as different about Andy this year are ball placement, pocket awareness, more pump fakes, better progression, throwing a few away, and he did not get rattled at all Sunday when things could've (and have) gone south in a hurry.  It almost seemed like he relished the moment......and that was good to see.  I've never seen the facial expressions on Andy that we saw Sunday.  The man simply looked in control, laser focused, and even a bit pissed off.

Agree with all of this. It kind of feels like Andy is sick of all the criticism and is using it as fuel.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - The Caped Crusader - 10-02-2015

I hope this continues. We were red hot last year going into a big game against a downed opponent. They steam rolled us and I hope it doesn't happen this year. Dalton has had more training and better tutoring that could explain for his better throwing motion, better accuracy and more awareness. I just hope it holds up over the year. Unfortunately, the run game hasn't really been great this year. I hope that turns around.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - djs7685 - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 09:05 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I hope this continues. We were red hot last year going into a big game against a downed opponent. They steam rolled us and I hope it doesn't happen this year. Dalton has had more training and better tutoring that could explain for his better throwing motion, better accuracy and more awareness. I just hope it holds up over the year. Unfortunately, the run game hasn't really been great this year. I hope that turns around.

You mean HILL hasn't been great this year? Gio Bernard has looked excellent.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Mickeypoo - 10-02-2015

The big difference I see this year from the whole team is the fire. They actually look like they REALLY want to kick some ass. I could certainly be wrong, but I don't remember the players being fired up like they have been. Dalton and Green really stand out as being fired up and not so ho hum. Oh, and I LOVED the spike by Dalton.

I really want to see a KC beat down. I guess i'm still a little gun shy after what happened last year in week 4.

Who-Dey!!!!!

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - RoyleRedlegs - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 09:09 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You mean HILL hasn't been great this year? Gio Bernard has looked excellent.

Yes he has, but part of that is his role in the pass game.

Hill is suffering from the same problem Gio did last year

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - djs7685 - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 02:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes he has, but part of that is his role in the pass game.

Hill is suffering from the same problem Gio did last year

Eh.

Gio has been looking great in the run game. He already has 40%+ of the number of first downs that he rushed for all of last year but he only has about 24% of the attempts. There are 17 more RBs with more receiving yards than him but only 5 with more rushing yards. He has a 5.7 YPC on the year but that's a little skewed by the small sample size of course.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Gio as a true running back this year opposed to just a weapon in the passing game with a niche role in the run game (like many thought he would be).

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - West Union KennyG - 10-02-2015

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153330540155547&set=a.387845730546.169860.541565546&type=3

Quote: "If I were Andy Dalton, I'd just go to the mall during the day and stare at people until they apologized."

I get it, there will be alot of "Pleasantly Surprised" people this year.
I mean, just reading this thread, most of you are expecting him to put up a 2.0 passer rating game again soon.
You expect that. You think he is an up and down (well, to a degree, all QB's have bad days once in awhile) and you're ready to see the down now. As I said, I expect to hear alot of talk later this year about how "pleasantly surprised" you have been with Dalton. Well, I'm not surprised at all.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - jj22 - 10-02-2015

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8225d5b8/QB-Dalton-to-WR-Simpson-84-yd-pass

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - RoyleRedlegs - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 02:32 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh.

Gio has been looking great in the run game. He already has 40%+ of the number of first downs that he rushed for all of last year but he only has about 24% of the attempts. There are 17 more RBs with more receiving yards than him but only 5 with more rushing yards. He has a 5.7 YPC on the year but that's a little skewed by the small sample size of course.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Gio as a true running back this year opposed to just a weapon in the passing game with a niche role in the run game (like many thought he would be).

He's been good running but a lot of his "runs" are passes by extension.

He's been much more decisive and hitting holes harder. 

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - GreenCornBengal - 10-03-2015

I'm glad that we are running MANY less out routes and curl routes. Those have killed us in the past.

Our out routes are designed differently this year as well, they seem to take place past the first down marker instead of right at the first down marker.

WTS, our out routes were predictable, and often got us in trouble.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - GreenCornBengal - 10-03-2015

(10-02-2015, 03:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8225d5b8/QB-Dalton-to-WR-Simpson-84-yd-pass

Simpson still had to reach high in the air for that. Daltons passes haven't sailed this year like they have in the past (like in the video)

Not sure if that was your intention when posting it or not but that's what I saw haha.

P.S. I miss Stoney Simpson haha

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - CornerBlitz - 10-03-2015

All of this "Andy is different this year" will be proven after the season. Until then it's pure speculation one way or the other. We are 3 games in, he's playing well, but the season last time I checked is 16 games....and we all know that the playoffs are when we truly have a microscope on Dalton because he's played like shiznit.

Let's at the very least wait 8-10 games until we start saying that Dalton has turned the corner and he's a good QB. He's off to a great start but we've seen stretches like this from him before.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - West Union KennyG - 10-03-2015

(10-03-2015, 02:07 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: All of this "Andy is different this year" will be proven after the season. Until then it's pure speculation one way or the other. We are 3 games in, he's playing well, but the season last time I checked is 16 games....and we all know that the playoffs are when we truly have a microscope on Dalton because he's played like shiznit.

Let's at the very least wait 8-10 games until we start saying that Dalton has turned the corner and he's a good QB.  He's off to a great start but we've seen stretches like this from him before.

See you in 8-10 games on the bandwagon, then.  
Until then, have fun!  Who-Dey!

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - RoyleRedlegs - 10-03-2015

(10-03-2015, 02:07 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: All of this "Andy is different this year" will be proven after the season. Until then it's pure speculation one way or the other. We are 3 games in, he's playing well, but the season last time I checked is 16 games....and we all know that the playoffs are when we truly have a microscope on Dalton because he's played like shiznit.

Let's at the very least wait 8-10 games until we start saying that Dalton has turned the corner and he's a good QB.  He's off to a great start but we've seen stretches like this from him before.

[Image: XJKSGfo.jpg]

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - rfaulk34 - 10-03-2015

WTS, you can't deny that playcalling has been different. More passes down the middle, less out routes but regardless, there has been more "zip" on his passes and he's been much more on point with placement of passes than what we've seen the last 4 years.

That zip doesn't necessarily mean greater arm strength. But he's been more decisive and he's been putting the ball on the money which makes it appear he has more on the ball.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - RoyleRedlegs - 10-03-2015

(10-03-2015, 05:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTS, you can't deny that playcalling has been different. More passes down the middle, less out routes but regardless, there has been more "zip" on his passes and he's been much more on point with placement of passes than what we've seen the last 4 years.

That zip doesn't necessarily mean greater arm strength. But he's been more decisive and he's been putting the ball on the money which makes it appear he has more on the ball.

He won't deny it, but he sure as hell won't let people enjoy the ride. 

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - BengalChris - 10-03-2015

(10-02-2015, 03:12 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153330540155547&set=a.387845730546.169860.541565546&type=3

I get it, there will be alot of "Pleasantly Surprised" people this year.  
I mean, just reading this thread, most of you are expecting him to put up a 2.0 passer rating game again soon.  
You expect that.  You think he is an up and down (well, to a degree, all QB's have bad days once in awhile) and you're ready to see the down now.  As I said, I expect to hear alot of talk later this year about how "pleasantly surprised" you have been with Dalton.  Well, I'm not surprised at all.

Andy Dalton, years 1-4, was up and down, did put up a 2.0 game, had 1TD, 6 INTs and 4 FUM in 4 playoff games and is currently tied for the worst playoff record by a QB in NFL history.

It's up to Dalton to change people minds. He earned the image people have of him because he's the one who put it out there for them to see.

It looks like he's improved quite a bit this year, but it's only been 3 games. No one really knows how this year will turn out yet. We have to let it play out.

People hope for the best and were hoping for the best last year and the year before and the year before. Those playoff games weren't even close. It wasn't just because of Dalton but he was part of it, just as the receivers were and the running game and the defense. The wheels would just come flying off our Bengals' go cart and it would go crashing to a loss.

I'm hoping for the best, but I am still in the wait and see mode. We were 3-0 last year and looking great, until we weren't.

Just enjoy that the team is playing well on both sides of the ball and winning.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - WhoDeyWho - 10-04-2015

(10-03-2015, 10:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Andy Dalton, years 1-4, was up and down, did put up a 2.0 game, had 1TD, 6 INTs and 4 FUM in 4 playoff games and is currently tied for the worst playoff record by a QB in NFL history.

It's up to Dalton to change people minds. He earned the image people have of him because he's the one who put it out there for them to see.

It looks like he's improved quite a bit this year, but it's only been 3 games. No one really knows how this year will turn out yet. We have to let it play out.

People hope for the best and were hoping for the best last year and the year before and the year before. Those playoff games weren't even close. It wasn't just because of Dalton but he was part of it, just as the receivers were and the running game and the defense. The wheels would just come flying off our Bengals' go cart and it would go crashing to a loss.

I'm hoping for the best, but I am still in the wait and see mode. We were 3-0 last year and looking great, until we weren't.

Just enjoy that the team is playing well on both sides of the ball and winning.

A small sample of games shouldn't be what you base a QBs worth over.  As long as this team stays relatively healthy expect Dalton to better his 2013 numbers.