Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - CornerBlitz - 10-04-2015

(10-03-2015, 05:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTS, you can't deny that playcalling has been different. More passes down the middle, less out routes but regardless, there has been more "zip" on his passes and he's been much more on point with placement of passes than what we've seen the last 4 years.

That zip doesn't necessarily mean greater arm strength. But he's been more decisive and he's been putting the ball on the money which makes it appear he has more on the ball.

I can agree, Dalton's arm looks stronger and has more zip. It's the thing I've always disliked about his play....not much zip in those medium to intermediate routes and indecisive when things start to go bad i.e. the pocket collapse. It's nice to see that he may have overcome those things..but I'll wait a few more games to declare that he's turned the corner.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - BengalChris - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 12:58 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: A small sample of games shouldn't be what you base a QBs worth over.  As long as this team stays relatively healthy expect Dalton to better his 2013 numbers.

Those small sample games happened to be all of the most important games.

Let's hope that this year will be different. Things are looking good right now and I'm hoping they stay that way. That includes how the whole team is playing. I would like Jeremy to get going more though.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Savagehenry54 - 10-04-2015

The only question with Dalton imo, is can he hold it together mentally in a big spot. His worst moments are mostly when the moment just got too big for him. The wheels start spinning and he just gets out of his element and falls apart.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Shake n Blake - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 11:17 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: The only question with Dalton imo, is can he hold it together mentally in a big spot.  His worst moments are mostly when the moment just got too big for him.  The wheels start spinning and he just gets out of his element and falls apart.

You just described Marvin Lewis and the entire team he coaches.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - BengalChris - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 11:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You just described Marvin Lewis and the entire team he coaches.

This is so true. But Dalton has played pretty bad in those games and the quality of his own play is something that's completely under his own control.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Brownshoe - 10-04-2015

Why do people think that Tannehill and Smith are better QBs? It never made sense to me.

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - CKwi88 - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 01:38 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why do people think that Tannehill and Smith are better QBs? It never made sense to me.

To be fair, Tannehill was making steady progress over the first years with few signs of regression.

That said, after watching Tannehill in this game with the Jets I feel like an asshat putting him ahead of Dalton. Tannehill having a Bad Andy day.

Andy is on fire - masonbengals fan - 10-04-2015

Need I say more. Andy Dalton is playing great & has a lot of weapons at his disposal. Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

RE: Andy is on fire - Tigerlou - 10-04-2015

Great game team!

RE: Andy is on fire - Arturo Bandini - 10-04-2015

He's reading the opposing D very well, calling audibles, making plays.

He's awesome lately.

RE: Andy is on fire - Stormborn - 10-04-2015

Tate just-just run straight... no no no trust me i got this

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-04-2015

I'd say about half of this entire thread is now a moot point.
Dalton is impressive looking lately. 4 games in a row w/ passer rating well over 100 and carried team on his back today. Seriously looking "elite" to me, but what do I know, some of you'd rather have your pick of a dozen different guys over AD.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:08 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'd say about half of this entire thread is now a moot point.
Dalton is impressive looking lately.  4 games in a row w/ passer rating well over 100 and carried team on his back today.  Seriously looking "elite" to me, but what do I know, some of you'd rather have your pick of a dozen different guys over AD.

I don't think you could pick 5 at this point of the season. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:08 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'd say about half of this entire thread is now a moot point.
Dalton is impressive looking lately.  4 games in a row w/ passer rating well over 100 and carried team on his back today.  Seriously looking "elite" to me, but what do I know, some of you'd rather have your pick of a dozen different guys over AD.

Four games does not make a career. Lots of film on him the last four years were pretty good and also not so good.

These last four games have, however, been probably his best four game set. So things are looking up. Just can't count this team as fixed until we see how they are going to play in the post season. I know no one really wants to wait that long, but that's been where the whole team takes a nose dive.

Eli Manning isn't in anyone's top 5 yet he's got two SBs. So I just don't see where the urge to put Dalton way up there comes from when his career has some important missing accomplishments. No where close to a passing title, never in the talk for MVP, lots missing at this point. Just be patient. He's improving, which is what we were expecting last year and didn't get.

Dalton is playing very well. I'm not knocking his play. He's doing exactly what I felt he needed to do to become a complete QB. Now he needs to follow through for the entire year, then add some more years to that to move up along side the likes of Payton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Rothesberger.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Four games does not make a career. Lots of film on him the last four years were pretty good and also not so good.

These last four games have, however, been probably his best four game set. So things are looking up. Just can't count this team as fixed until we see how they are going to play in the post season. I know no one really wants to wait that long, but that's been where the whole team takes a nose dive.

Eli Manning isn't in anyone's top 5 yet he's got two SBs. So I just don't see where the urge to put Dalton way up there comes from when his career has some important missing accomplishments. No where close to a passing title, never in the talk for MVP, lots missing at this point. Just be patient. He's improving, which is what we were expecting last year and didn't get.

Dalton is playing very well. I'm not knocking his play. He's doing exactly what I felt he needed to do to become a complete QB. Now he needs to follow through for the entire year, then add some more years to that to move up along side the likes of Payton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Rothesberger.
This kind of play is becoming a habit for him.   And that's exactly what needs to happen.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Four games does not make a career. Lots of film on him the last four years were pretty good and also not so good.

So now you spew the non sense Dalton needs to be a Hall of Fame QB to get your full approval.

I don't know about AD, but if I were him I will tell you and other like you to shove it where the sun can't shine

Your crap posts never giving AD full credit gets very old and tiring.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-04-2015

And yet four playoff games was enough for some people to conclude we needed a new QB.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Savagehenry54 - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 11:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You just described Marvin Lewis and the entire team he coaches.

Marvin.  Okay.  To throw Dalton's peed in playoff game pants out with the wash and pretend it was everybody.....I dont think so pal.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 08:03 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Marvin.  Okay.  To throw Dalton's peed in playoff game pants out with the wash and pretend it was everybody.....I dont think so pal.

The list of guys who have performed well in the playoffs begins and ends with Leon Hall. 
Marvin Jones had one good game.
Rey M had a good half. 

Everyone else has been garbage. Geno no showed. Dunlap no showed. MJ no showed. AJ no showed.

It's really Andy's fault in 4 games we have 1 sack and 1 turn over. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 07:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So now you spew the non sense Dalton needs to be a Hall of Fame QB to get your full approval.

I don't know about AD, but if I were him I will tell you and other like you to shove it where the sun can't shine

Your crap posts never giving AD full credit gets very old and tiring.

Not at all. I approve of his play. I just don't understand the need to call him elite before he has the accomplishments that make an elite QB.

I think you know what I'm saying.

(10-04-2015, 07:25 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: And yet four playoff games was enough for some people to conclude we needed a new QB.  

I guess, but I'm not saying we need a new QB. I have said that we need to start developing a QB in case Andy doesn't improve. But he has improved, so that's good. We are also developing McCarron.

Andy is proving that he can do it. Now he just needs to continue. That's not a slight against Dalton, it's just what needs to happen if we are going to make a run for the SB this year. Which is what I think we all want.