Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 10:49 PM)J24 Wrote: Andy has been unbelievable this season especially the last two games. Your right its not as crazy as it sounds to say he is on rodgers level right now. You can make a legit argument that he is the MVP of the league right now.

This is what I'm talkin about. 

I wonder where Andy finished in player of month voting?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CoCoNuT - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 10:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is there some reason you keep doing this? 

I have no reasons for my actions. It's just fun to see the man having everything finally coming together for both himself and the pieces around him.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 10-04-2015

What's everyone think of Andy's ground game?

He's making excellent decisions, ankle breaking moves and picking up first downs.

It'd be sweet to see them pull off a TD pass to Dalton against Seattle. Talk about making a statement.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 11:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This is what I'm talkin about. 

I wonder where Andy finished in player of month voting?

Probably no where close to Rodgers or Brady

(10-04-2015, 11:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Probably no where close to Rodgers or Brady

Maybe but Rodgers plays in the NFC. As far as the NFL award at the end of the season, if Andy continues at his current pace, he'll be in the convo with those two and would receive some first place votes and would prolly even win it considering not many people considered him a candidate, therefore making him the underdog and making his season appear to be that much better than the others. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 10-05-2015

Dalton would have to throw up epic numbers to ever be considered in MVP discussion. Let's face the fact, Dalton is not a pretty pick for MVP and won't ever be until the Bengals A, become a household name or B, win playoff games. It just won't happen.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Whatever - 10-05-2015

(10-04-2015, 11:23 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: What's everyone think of Andy's ground game?

He's making excellent decisions, ankle breaking moves and picking up first downs.

It'd be sweet to see them pull off a TD pass to Dalton against Seattle. Talk about making a statement.

I think he's doing a great job with the run, but I think it's a less is more type of situation with him.  He catches teams off guard because he doesn't run that much.  His little 2-4 yard scrambles on 1st and 2nd down when everyone's covered are also good at keeping the offense on schedule.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:27 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think he's doing a great job with the run, but I think it's a less is more type of situation with him.  He catches teams off guard because he doesn't run that much.  His little 2-4 yard scrambles on 1st and 2nd down when everyone's covered are also good at keeping the offense on schedule.

Yep. That works completely for me. I don't need a running QB. Regardless, that throw that he made to Brandon Tate, I've only seen a few QBs in this league make that throw, and those are ones considered 'elite'. Regular QBs don't make that throw. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-05-2015

(10-04-2015, 09:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, Dalton has been better than even Rodgers. You could make a debate he's been as hot as Brady.

He might be the QB1 of the NFL.

Rodgers is doing it without his best players.
Only reason I give it to him.

(10-05-2015, 01:17 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rodgers is doing it without his best players.
Only reason I give it to him.

Yep. Rodgers makes some incredible throws. I still don't know how he does half the stuff he does with the body he has. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 01:18 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. Rodgers makes some incredible throws. I still don't know how he does half the stuff he does with the body he has. 

Seems like half of Rodgers' throws are falling backwards, on the run, pressure in the face but still just absolute dimes

His no INT streak at home might be the most impressive feat currently active in sports

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:08 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Dalton would have to throw up epic numbers to ever be considered in MVP discussion. Let's face the fact, Dalton is not a pretty pick for MVP and won't ever be until the Bengals A, become a household name or B, win playoff games. It just won't happen.

The numbers Dalton has after 4 games are plenty epic enough. I doubt he can maintain such a pace, but if he did, he'd be in the discussion and I'm sure he'd receive plenty of votes.

(10-05-2015, 01:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The numbers Dalton has after 4 games are plenty epic enough. I doubt he can maintain such a pace, but if he did, he'd be in the discussion and I'm sure he'd receive plenty of votes.

if he keeps up this TD:INT ratio, he should win but unfortunately he has to be CLEARLY better than Brady and Rodgers to get more than the names

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 01:33 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: if he keeps up this TD:INT ratio, he should win but unfortunately he has to be CLEARLY better than Brady and Rodgers to get more than the names

Idk. I agree with DA that he'd get some underdog votes. It'd all depend on how the story lines go this year. I could see Dalton winning it over Rodgers if they played the same. Rodgers is kind of a yawner of a candidate. Now if Brady continues his tour of revenge and domination, ain't nobody winning it over him.

(10-05-2015, 01:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. I agree with DA that he'd get some underdog votes. It'd all depend on how the story lines go this year. I could see Dalton winning it over Rodgers if they played the same. Rodgers is kind of a yawner of a candidate. Now if Brady continues his tour of revenge and domination, ain't nobody winning it over him.

MVP is almost as much of a popularity vote as the pro bowl.
I'd almost see AJ getting before Andy because of that. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 01:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. I agree with DA that he'd get some underdog votes. It'd all depend on how the story lines go this year. I could see Dalton winning it over Rodgers if they played the same. Rodgers is kind of a yawner of a candidate. Now if Brady continues his tour of revenge and domination, ain't nobody winning it over him.

It's going to be Rodgers, Brady, then Dalton if voting started today.

Although Freeman would also get some votes.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:08 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Dalton would have to throw up epic numbers to ever be considered in MVP discussion. Let's face the fact, Dalton is not a pretty pick for MVP and won't ever be until the Bengals A, become a household name or B, win playoff games. It just won't happen.

Both Ken Anderson and Boomer won MVPs playing for the Bengals before they ever won a playoff game.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 10-05-2015

Rodgers numbers look like something from high school.

73% completion percentage , 11 tds , 0 ints

(10-05-2015, 02:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Both Ken Anderson and Boomer won MVPs playing for the Bengals before they ever won a playoff game.

Excellent point! I completely forgot about that. 

(10-05-2015, 02:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Rodgers numbers look like something from high school.

73% completion percentage , 11 tds , 0 ints

Rodgers plays everyone that way. Something about him. I never really understood how good he was until I read about his training regiment. Then I watched more and more of him. He just does things, differently, even more so than how Peyton/Brady do it. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Savagehenry54 - 10-05-2015

(10-04-2015, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you say this about Dalton, it should go for everyone else as well. Scheme and coaching don't play a role at all, and the players are 100% accountable. Who needs good schemes and coaching?  :snark:

No pretending about it. The numbers and tape are all there if you choose to see it.

Dude, the notion that Dalton didn't krap his pants quite noticeably more so than any other facet of the team in the four straight playoff losses is ridiculous.  Were there other issues?  Sure.  But it is not unfair to place the lion's share of the playoff embarrassments right where it belongs, on Dalton.