Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 10:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: This may sound crazy, but there isn't a QB I'd take over Andy next year (assuming he plays this way throughout all of 2015 except the playoffs) if we're considering the salary cap.

I'd just assume the playoff meltdown was a fluke after a great year and I'd definitely want to see him again in 2016. Call me stupid or whatever else, but give me 2015-Andy Dalton for $13 million over any of the guys making these $20+ hits.

Andy playing at this level for $13 mil plus another $7+ million in other players is worth more to me than Aaron Rodgers or Philip Rivers. Who knows, maybe getting an elite LB in free agency with that extra dough would help put us over the top too.

Fair enough

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:01 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: And outside of last season, Dalton's QB rating had improved each season.  Not sure why people were so quick to write him off as a lost cause.

I understand why people get frustrated with AD's consistency. But as you stated, NFL history is full of 3 and 4 year QB's digressing in year 3 or 4 versus earlier years.

If I am a guessing man, I predict Luck may have trouble this year (matching his best QBR so far) and he has a loaded cast around him of skill players. In  fact, many experts said he had the best skilled players in the league before the year started.

A lot of us said we were curious how AD would perform with a healthy skilled group. So far, he has been amazing. So far, our skilled players have also been amazing.

(10-05-2015, 10:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: This may sound crazy, but there isn't a QB I'd take over Andy next year (assuming he plays this way throughout all of 2015 except the playoffs) if we're considering the salary cap.

I'd just assume the playoff meltdown was a fluke after a great year and I'd definitely want to see him again in 2016. Call me stupid or whatever else, but give me 2015-Andy Dalton for $13 million over any of the guys making these $20+ hits.

Andy playing at this level for $13 mil plus another $7+ million in other players is worth more to me than Aaron Rodgers or Philip Rivers. Who knows, maybe getting an elite LB in free agency with that extra dough would help put us over the top too.

This is a great point. The Bengals FO seems to have done it again with the AD contract. I know many fans chastised them, but he is a major bargain compared to other top 5 QB's or even top 10. Flacco will account for $28 million next year against the cap, of that $10.5 million is in bonus annual hit so even if they restructure the deal and kick his money down the road, they are on the hook for a ton of money.

13 million versus 28 million is the equivalent of 7 players needed to be cut who make 2 million each.

The Bengals FO and MB deserve credit for possibly being the best cap management group in the NFL after 2011 (new CBA).

(10-05-2015, 11:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is a great point. The Bengals FO seems to have done it again with the AD contract. I know many fans chastised them, but he is a major bargain compared to other top 5 QB's or even top 10. Flacco will account for $28 million next year against the cap, of that $10.5 million is in bonus annual hit so even if they restructure the deal and kick his money down the road, they are on the hook for a ton of money.

13 million versus 28 million is the equivalent of 7 players needed to be cut who make 2 million each.

The Bengals FO and MB deserve credit for possibly being the best cap management group in the NFL after 2011 (new CBA).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MB one of the only owners to vote AGAINST the new CBA?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand why people get frustrated with AD's consistency. But as you stated, NFL history is full of 3 and 4 year QB's digressing in year 3 or 4 versus earlier years.

If I am a guessing man, I predict Luck may have trouble this year (matching his best QBR so far) and he has a loaded cast around him of skill players. In  fact, many experts said he had the best skilled players in the league before the year started.

A lot of us said we were curious how AD would perform with a healthy skilled group. So far, he has been amazing. So far, our skilled players have also been amazing.

To be fair, people were just projecting Luck to have a great supporting cast, but I don't think that team is as good as it was on paper over the offseason. Most people weren't taking into consideration just how absolutely terrible that line would be, and also that signing guys like Frank Gore and Andre Johnson would have sounded a lot better a few years ago.

I've always said that T.Y. Hilton was overrated (still hold that opinion) and I still think it's ridiculous that some people on here were claiming that he's better than A.J. Green.

I was one of the guys that had the Colts penciled in as easily the #1 skill position team in the league (whoops), but they aren't putting it on the field this year. WTS, I still think they have 2 great TEs, but they need to be on the field and actually producing for it to mean anything. Outside of that, a lot of us around the football world were seemingly wrong about that team.

(10-05-2015, 11:15 AM)djs7685 Wrote: To be fair, people were just projecting Luck to have a great supporting cast, but I don't think that team is as good as it was on paper over the offseason. Most people weren't taking into consideration just how absolutely terrible that line would be, and also that signing guys like Frank Gore and Andre Johnson would have sounded a lot better a few years ago.

I've always said that T.Y. Hilton was overrated (still hold that opinion) and I still think it's ridiculous that some people on here were claiming that he's better than A.J. Green.

I was one of the guys that had the Colts penciled in as easily the #1 skill position team in the league (whoops), but they aren't putting it on the field this year. WTS, I still think they have 2 great TEs, but they need to be on the field and actually producing for it to mean anything. Outside of that, a lot of us around the football world were seemingly wrong about that team.

I did not state it well, but my point is Luck may have issues and may digress his QBR in 2015, but it will not mean he has peaked or getting worse. As you mentioned a few reason and I agree they may not be as good on paper as the experts predicted (skill players), but their OL in my opinion is the bigger issue. It is hard for any QB to look elite when they get hit 30 to 40% of the time when they try and pass.

As far as TY, he is extremely fast and quick. He is also hurt and not 100% right now (knee). Johnson and Gore may be on the wrong side of 30, we will see as the year progresses. All I know is they should be 1-3 now or possibly 0-4.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not state it well, but my point is Luck may have issues and may digress his QBR in 2015, but it will not mean he has peaked or getting worse. As you mentioned a few reason and I agree they may not be as good on paper as the experts predicted (skill players), but their OL in my opinion is the bigger issue. It is hard for any QB to look elite when they get hit 30 to 40% of the time when they try and pass.

As far as TY, he is extremely fast and quick. He is also hurt and not 100% right now (knee). Johnson and Gore may be on the wrong side of 30, we will see as the year progresses. All I know is they should be 1-3 now or possibly 0-4.

They benefit greatly from playing in the AFC South.  Johnson and Gore just go to show you that FA isn't always what it is cracked up to be.  And the Colts didn't do themselves any favors by selecting another WR with their first round draft pick.  I know a lot of people weren't happy with our picks, but the Colts problems highlight how important building and maintaining a decent O-line is.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:14 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MB one of the only owners to vote AGAINST the new CBA?

I remember hearing that MB was the only person to vote against a couple of things over the year, but I'm pretty sure it was the Steelers that had an issue with the CBA back in 2011.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/793488-pittsburgh-steelers-vote-against-nfl-collective-bargaining-agreement

There's an article I could find on it, I'm not seeing anything about the Bengals thus far, though I haven't done a ton of digging yet.

Here's another one..."CBA passes, no thanks to Steelers vote"

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_750141.html#axzz3nhhBdQUB

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Josh Hobson - 10-05-2015

(10-04-2015, 08:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Speaking in terms of the 2015 season, right now Dalton might be QB3 in the NFL
More like QB1

(10-05-2015, 11:30 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I remember hearing that MB was the only person to vote against a couple of things over the year, but I'm pretty sure it was the Steelers that had an issue with the CBA back in 2011.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/793488-pittsburgh-steelers-vote-against-nfl-collective-bargaining-agreement

There's an article I could find on it, I'm not seeing anything about the Bengals thus far, though I haven't done a ton of digging yet.

Here's another one..."CBA passes, no thanks to Steelers vote"

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_750141.html#axzz3nhhBdQUB

I remember now. It was the previous CBA that Brown was one of the 2 that voted against.

(10-05-2015, 12:27 PM)Josh Hobson Wrote: More like QB1
A normal year probably, but both Brady and Rodgers have been unreal. Add in Rodgers is doing it without his top WR makes it more impressive.

But, no shame being mentioned in same breath as Brady and Rodgers for a QB many of our fans and many experts said was ranked in the bottom tier in the league based on his 1st four years in the NFL.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BURROWorBUST - 10-05-2015

Has anyone found a better pic of this moment for Sunday's game? It was an epic moment!

[Image: A60D6186.jpg]

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Junglejuice - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:42 PM)Shady Wrote: Has anyone found a better pic of this moment for Sunday's game? It was an epic moment!

[Image: A60D6186.jpg]
The boy became a man in this moment.

Love the fire.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-05-2015

When did Dalton become a pump fake master? HOLY CRAP! Guy is faking out defenders left and right. Any time he does a pump fake I think BIG PLAY TIME!!!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 01:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When did Dalton become a pump fake master? HOLY CRAP! Guy is faking out defenders left and right. Any time he does a pump fake I think BIG PLAY TIME!!!!

and throwing on the run....

Any body got a count of who has the most plays of 20+ yards this year?

(10-05-2015, 03:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: and throwing on the run....

Any body got a count of who has the most plays of 20+ yards this year?

Dalton is tied in a number of these categories at #1

20+ yards
Dalton - 20
Palmer 20

40+ Yards
Dalton - 5
Ben R. - 5
Ryan - 5

Yards per Attempt
Palmer 10.2
Ben R. 10.2
Rivers 8.9

Dalton yards are close to the top with a lot less throws (attempts)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 05:41 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Dude, the notion that Dalton didn't krap his pants quite noticeably more so than any other facet of the team in the four straight playoff losses is ridiculous.  Were there other issues?  Sure.  But it is not unfair to place the lion's share of the playoff embarrassments right where it belongs, on Dalton.  

Dude, I never said that Dalton didn't crap his pants the most. I'm just saying that everyone else has as well. Seems you (begrudgingly) agree.

If the head ball coach is notorious for coaching a team that chokes (Marv had this reputation 10 years ago), then why do people think Dalton is somehow immune to that? He's a player just like anyone else, and all players have choked under Marv. Including the golden boy.

Palmer was terrible in prime time for Cincy, yet he's been great in that department since he left.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 01:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When did Dalton become a pump fake master? HOLY CRAP! Guy is faking out defenders left and right. Any time he does a pump fake I think BIG PLAY TIME!!!!

He is faking people out with his legs too.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Savagehenry54 - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 03:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dude, I never said that Dalton didn't crap his pants the most. I'm just saying that everyone else has as well. Seems you (begrudgingly) agree.

If the head ball coach is notorious for coaching a team that chokes (Marv had this reputation 10 years ago), then why do people think Dalton is somehow immune to that? He's a player just like anyone else, and all players have choked under Marv. Including the golden boy.

Palmer was terrible in prime time for Cincy, yet he's been great in that department since he left.

You'll never get an argument from me that Marvin is a huge issue.  I been calling for him to get fired so long that Ochokrapo was still a good player at the time.  I don't think Marvin brings anything to the table scheme wise.  I think he's an administrator and relies on his coordinators for game plans and scheme.  He made his bones in Baltimore coaching probably the best defense ever, not sure there was a whole lot of defensive genius needed to coach that crew up, it was an amazing assembly of talent.  He def has diddly squat to do with the offense....

What I'm saying that while Marvin is def an issue, I can't give Andy any sort of pass for his individual tendency to shart himself in the biggest games.  If he had played relatively decent but was just being criticized for not getting the W's, I would agree.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-05-2015

He's doing it all with career low attempts so far this season.

http://blogs.bengals.com/2015/10/04/whats-different-about-dalton/