Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 04:06 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: He is faking people out with his legs too.  

That is nothing new. Other than the terrible run against SD, Dalton has been deceptively athletic. He was a great option QB in college. I would like to see the stats of Daltons W/L record when he runs a TD. He always does great in those games. Lost to Pitt last year after he made a fool of Polamalu on the option run.

Remember his diving first down against Buffalo his rookie year?

Guy has always been a ballsy runner. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 05:53 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: You'll never get an argument from me that Marvin is a huge issue.  I been calling for him to get fired so long that Ochokrapo was still a good player at the time.  I don't think Marvin brings anything to the table scheme wise.  I think he's an administrator and relies on his coordinators for game plans and scheme.  He made his bones in Baltimore coaching probably the best defense ever, not sure there was a whole lot of defensive genius needed to coach that crew up, it was an amazing assembly of talent.  He def has diddly squat to do with the offense....

What I'm saying that while Marvin is def an issue, I can't give Andy any sort of pass for his individual tendency to shart himself in the biggest games.  If he had played relatively decent but was just being criticized for not getting the W's, I would agree.

Gotcha. I know it's popular to blame both, but I somewhat give all the players (including Andy) a bit of a pass because I don't think they've been put in the best positions to succeed.

The Dalton we've seen in regular season should be good enough to win with in the playoffs. He certainly shouldn't have looked as bad as he has in 4 straight games. Some of that is on Andy. Maybe some of it is that the coaches haven't been putting together the best game plans.

As long as there's a culture of choking here, I just can't single out a single player. No matter how bad he's been. 

As far as Marv's role in scheme's, I think he has some input. We've been using the TE in the same manner through 3 different OC's. We've always relied on our front 4 to generate pressure with little blitzing. That's been the same through 4 different DC's. When we go uber conservative in the playoffs, it always feels like it's Marv's call. They've played it close to the vest in all 6 playoff games.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 10-06-2015

I think most of our issues come from Marvin. It's no surprise that the issues Dalton has dealt with oddly mirror that of Palmer and his tenure. The Palmer days, really, the personnel has changed, yet, they couldn't do anything in the playoffs and choked a lot. I just don't see how you can skip the pond so big to target Dalton and get rid of him first before looking at the bigger picture.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-06-2015

Dalton is up for the FED EX AIR award again (2 weeks in a row)

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2015/REG/4?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_fedex#playerId:0ap3000000549431

Go and vote

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GodFather - 10-07-2015

Article on Dalton turning the corner.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/182833/if-there-were-ever-a-time-for-andy-dalton-its-now

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-07-2015

1/4 MVP. It'd be cool to see him keep up this pace through the whole year.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 02:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Article on Dalton turning the corner.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/182833/if-there-were-ever-a-time-for-andy-dalton-its-now

Good article.

A lot of people are skeptical as to whether Dalton has 'turned the corner'

I keep reading about the notion of a 'cliff' or how the 'other shoe will surely drop' sooner or later.

I don't see it this year.

NFL.com has Dalton as a sit of the week in fantasy, because he is playing Seattle and is bound to hit a cliff eventually.

I think Dalton has gotten to the point where he isn't going to have a monumental collapse like he has in the past. The visual progression of his play gives me this notion. Watching him this year, I have full confidence he will not regress.

Once again, Dalton is showing he does not have this 'ceiling' a lot of fans claim him to have.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Utts - 10-07-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:08 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'd say about half of this entire thread is now a moot point.
Dalton is impressive looking lately.  4 games in a row w/ passer rating well over 100 and carried team on his back today.  Seriously looking "elite" to me, but what do I know, some of you'd rather have your pick of a dozen different guys over AD.

Elite ... um no.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-07-2015

Kurt Warner's top 5 QBs for week 4

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000552121/Kurt-Warner-s-top-5-quarterbacks-of-Week-4

And here's another QB ranking link of Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks

http://www.nfl.com/videos/move-the-sticks/0ap3000000551858/Ranking-undefeated-quarterbacks

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Stormborn - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 06:30 PM)Utts Wrote: Elite ... um no.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-07-2015

Please explain.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-07-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:08 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'd say about half of this entire thread is now a moot point.
Dalton is impressive looking lately.  4 games in a row w/ passer rating well over 100 and carried team on his back today.  Seriously looking "elite" to me, but what do I know, some of you'd rather have your pick of a dozen different guys over AD.

Dalton is looking very good right now, no doubt. But it's only been four games. I'm hoping for 15 more games of the same play this year.

However, I prefer to reserve the word "elite" for those who have accomplished elite things in their career, especially QBs.

Let's let him finish this thing before we place him on a pedestal.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-07-2015

I think I'd still rather have quite a few QBs over him.  Just because I don't think he'll keep up the pace that he's at now.  Buy low, sell high, am I right?  I could get bitten there though, if Dalton really has turned a corner.

If he was guaranteed to play at or near the level that he has in his first four games this season, I would only trade him for Rodgers.  I think he'll eventually come back down to earth though, and settle in somewhere between 2014 Andy and 1/4 of 2015 Andy.

If he keeps this up though, me and a few dozen other posters like me will have a few years worth of crow to eat.

(10-07-2015, 09:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton is looking very good right now, no doubt. But it's only been four games. I'm hoping for 15 more games of the same play this year.

However, I prefer to reserve the word "elite" for those who have accomplished elite things in their career, especially QBs.

Let's let him finish this thing before we place him on a pedestal.

He just said that he's looking elite, which he is.  I'd like to see an argument against it.  I don't think he necessarily meant that Dalton is an elite QB now though.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-08-2015

Name ANY QB you would call "elite" - compare to AD in the cumulative work of this year so far and argue your point that he doesn't look elite.  

Fellow board posters & lurkers,

All of these folks who don't want to use terms even like "great" about their team's QB when they are truly playing great, but argue we don't use such words until, I don't know, 5, 10, 15 years from now... Well, have fun with that (sorry if 'fun' was offensive to you, Normal people like 'fun.')!  I like to enjoy the journey, and so listen carefully to me now... Are you ready?  Ok, here we go... Andy Dalton has been playing recently as if he we we ELITE (Gasp!)!  "No!  [Insert name of some other team's QB Here that I don't really give a flip about] is great, but not AD, I'd rather have [see above chump I don't care about because they don't wear stripes].  Well All I reall have to say to you types is a big, fat, audacious, "WHO-DEY!" (And see you in a few years on the bandwagon, but by then, I may have just drank all the beer on it - sorry) 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-08-2015

It's scary that Dalton has to maintain a +115 passer rating in order to get any love. When his bad game comes, brace yourself. All other great/elite qb's can have a bad game. Not Dalton tho. When he has a bad game.....look out. Got to be tough for him to have to play near perfect or else be deemed a bum.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-08-2015

(10-07-2015, 11:56 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: He just said that he's looking elite, which he is.  I'd like to see an argument against it.  I don't think he necessarily meant that Dalton is an elite QB now though.

He is looking elite so far this year. But I just don't like using that word for someone who has pretty much been just above average for his career. Would like to see a whole season of this and most definitely want to see him continue that play into the playoffs.

Prefer that we let him do it before we start vaulting him up in the high levels of NFL QBs. Gotta keep the pressure on. The pressure has been on him since last year to earn his contract and he's now living up to it. I don't want any more Cleveland games. Don't want him to be satisfied with 4 really good games. Last year they were 3-0 and just started playing slow sloppy football.

This is the best looking Bengals team I've seen since Mikey B took over the team and one of the simplest things that can derail them is being satisfied.

I would love nothing more than Dalton developing into an elite future HOF QB. It's possible he could become the best ever Bengals QB. But he's got a long ways to go to earn that title.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-08-2015

Look like Rosenthal is having to reshuffle his QB rankings. Didn't take Dalton long to jump into the top 5:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000552279/article/qb-index-quarterseason-rankings-132

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's scary that Dalton has to maintain a +115 passer rating in order to get any love. When his bad game comes, brace yourself. All other great/elite qb's can have a bad game. Not Dalton tho. When he has a bad game.....look out. Got to be tough for him to have to play near perfect or else be deemed a bum.

Ya, as soon as he throws a bad pick I know people will be right back to where we started. Fortunately I think Andy has eliminated most of his bad traits, and should look similar to last week for most of the season. It seems that way anyways. It will be fun to watch.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 12:57 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Look like Rosenthal is having to reshuffle his QB rankings.  Didn't take Dalton long to jump into the top 5:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000552279/article/qb-index-quarterseason-rankings-132

LOL "Hell has frozen over"