Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's scary that Dalton has to maintain a +115 passer rating in order to get any love. When his bad game comes, brace yourself. All other great/elite qb's can have a bad game. Not Dalton tho. When he has a bad game.....look out. Got to be tough for him to have to play near perfect or else be deemed a bum.

Yea, and that's just by Bengal fans.  
ALL it would take for us to hear so much about Andy Dalton we'd be sick of it is for him to play for a team like The Jets.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-08-2015

Oddsmakers make Andy Dalton a top 3 MVP favorite:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25331085/nfl-mvp-projection-oddsmakers-make-andy-dalton-a-top-3-mvp-favorite

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Big Boss - 10-08-2015

This made me laugh. From Dalton's press conference:

When did you first realize that as a quarterback, you were going to get more credit and blame than others?

“I've been playing quarterback for a while.”

Does that go back to high school?

“Well, in high school I only lost one game.”

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-10-2015

(10-08-2015, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oddsmakers make Andy Dalton a top 3 MVP favorite:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25331085/nfl-mvp-projection-oddsmakers-make-andy-dalton-a-top-3-mvp-favorite

Dalton's name and MVP in the same sentence is definitely a step up. Let's see how this holds as the season progresses.

I must admit that the pieces are lining up for Dalton. Now we need to see if it's just a mirage or legit.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-10-2015

I hope Dalton has learned to feed off of the hate. People still expect him to crash and burn. Some of the Seattle fans have already banked on him sucking, which is a very bad assumption to make this year Smirk

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 03:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I hope Dalton has learned to feed off of the hate. People still expect him to crash and burn. Some of the Seattle fans have already banked on him sucking, which is a very bad assumption to make this year Smirk

People just aren't sure what's going to come next. It's not hate, it's just past experience. There is a difference.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-10-2015

Rock On http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000553133/article/cheers-to-daltons-rise-jeers-to-malletts-demise

Quote:It was a good week for ...

1. Andy Dalton: The Glowing Gingerman cannot be stopped. Bow down before him. Accept your God.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 03:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: People just aren't sure what's going to come next. It's not hate, it's just past experience. There is a difference.

Meh. Some of it has been fair criticism from reasonable people. Some of it has been people just bashing and hating on the dude. Dalton is currently ranked 10th in passer rating among active QB's, so it's not like he's ever been a scrub. IMO, Dalton has deserved some of the relentless criticism that's been hurled his way for his entire career, but I do think it's been unreasonable at times for a guy that's been pretty good during the regular season.

Ultimately, it all comes down to the playoffs (obviously). Had Dalton managed to pull out a win or two, perception would probably be different. Instead he lost all 4 games and looked horrible. Of course, people seem to have forgotten that Marv has had a reputation for stinking up national TV games since before Dalton was even enrolled at TCU. They also don't turn the same critical eye on the rest of the team, otherwise they'd realize that we've had team-wide failure on the national stage for many years now.

Regardless of how Dalton plays and Marv coaches this year, they both desperately need playoff win(s) to change how they're perceived by fans and media. Hopefully this is finally the year and we as fans can stop arguing about Dalton and when we're ever going to win a playoff game, and start talking about things that other fans of good teams talk about. Like Super Bowl possibilities. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Junglejuice - 10-10-2015

Seriously,

1pm Dalton at home.

Sooner or later someone outside of Cincy is going to pay attention to this.

Daywalker just does not lose at home when the sun is brightest.
Def a rarity when it happens.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 10-11-2015

I am prepared for a bad game tomorrow, not from just Andy, but everyone in general.

*NOTE, every time I have made this comment, I have been wrong and will continue to make this comment until proven the reverse opposite*

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 01:18 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I am prepared for a bad game tomorrow, not from just Andy, but everyone in general.

*NOTE, every time I have made this comment, I have been wrong and will continue to make this comment until proven the reverse opposite*

I am prepared for a defensive war today.

The team who takes care of the ball will win this game in my opinion.

I don't see either offense getting more than 325 to 350 total yards and score in the 20 to 17 range.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-11-2015

I'm hoping for a solid game from our offense, including Andy Dalton. I know he has it in him.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-11-2015

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000553727/Warner-on-Dalton-I-love-what-Andy-s-doing

Beat these Hawks and ride it into the playoffs... gotta agree with Irvin on this one.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Big Boss - 10-11-2015

Andy ***** Dalton.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-11-2015

"The Troll" is back to speak highly of Andy Dalton.  
Remember that?  At some point there's going to be a freaking banquet of crow to eat around here!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 05:56 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: "The Troll" is back to speak highly of Andy Dalton.  
Remember that?  At some point there's going to be a freaking banquet of crow to eat around here!

Why gloat?  Andy won't.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 06:17 PM)McC Wrote: Why gloat?  Andy won't.

Lol.  I suppose you're right about that.

(10-11-2015, 06:21 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Lol.  I suppose you're right about that.

Maybe gloat  a little.  A certain amount of gloating is in order.  Since none of it will come from Andy, it does need to come from somewhere.

It keeps looking more and more like the "make Andy Dalton beat you" defense will soon be a thing of the past.

(10-11-2015, 06:30 PM)McC Wrote: It keeps looking more and more like the "make Andy Dalton beat you" defense will soon be a thing of the past.

Too bad!  I'm really starting to like that defense a lot!