Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 06:31 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Too bad!  I'm really starting to like that defense a lot!

Me too.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-11-2015

This thread exists, yet there are 4+ Andy threads on the front page alone.

Hate to thread police (jk I love it), but what's the point of this sticky post if so many exceptions are going to be allowed to make Andy related threads in JN?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 07:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This thread exists, yet there are 4+ Andy threads on the front page alone.

Hate to thread police (jk I love it), but what's the point of this sticky post if so many exceptions are going to be allowed to make Andy related threads in JN?

To keep complaining to a minimum. 
Outside of you, it seems to be working

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 07:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This thread exists, yet there are 4+ Andy threads on the front page alone.

Probably because Dalton's playing well so there's not a lot of arguing about him which was the problem of the previous Dalton threads. EVERY thread, no matter the nuance of the OP, would ALWAYS devolve into an argument of how good Dalton really was.

Now, that there's much to argue about with regard to Dalton, there's no need in to have this thread or merge all Dalton threads into this one.

This is also Bengalholic's website and if he wants it this way then it's going to be this way and you're going to accept that.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rubekahn29 - 10-11-2015

What was Dalton's QB Rating today?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - pally - 10-11-2015

cross Russell Wilson off the list. The Dalton led Bengals have beaten every QB to have won a
Super Bowl since 2003:

Brady
Big Ben
Manning, Peyton
Manning, Eli
Brees
Rogers
Flacco

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 07:24 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What was Dalton's QB Rating today?

95.something.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-11-2015

Will people believe me that Dalton is a top QB now? Man, I had to give a bunch of proof of it before, but now it should be easy for everyone to see.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 08:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Will people believe me that Dalton is a top QB now? Man, I had to give a bunch of proof of it before, but now it should be easy for everyone to see.

The only issue with that is that he wasn't before.

The criticism was absolutely warranted, except for the ridiculous "omg Andy sucks!!!!!" crap.

Andy is playing very, very well this season. People need to stop pretending that this somehow means people were "wrong" in their past evaluations. Andy wasn't a top QB prior to 2015. Not even Bengals fans outside of a couple crazies would disagree with that.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengalholic - 10-11-2015

Two of those threads are really more about Bennett. Phil's thread is a statistical pace thread that will be updated every week, if I read it right. Those really don't fit into what this sticky thread is for. 

Not every single Dalton related thread will end up merged. If you read the OP and post 13, you get a general idea of how this thread will be used.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 09:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The only issue with that is that he wasn't before.

The criticism was absolutely warranted, except for the ridiculous "omg Andy sucks!!!!!" crap.

Andy is playing very, very well this season. People need to stop pretending that this somehow means people were "wrong" in their past evaluations. Andy wasn't a top QB prior to 2015. Not even Bengals fans outside of a couple crazies would disagree with that.

Sorry you couldn't see his natural talent like some of us on here.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Stormborn - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 09:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sorry you couldn't see his natural talent like some of us on here.

Dear God man it had nothing to do with talent, it was all about consistency and how bad his bad games were. That's what put him in the middle of rankings. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 09:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The only issue with that is that he wasn't before.

*clears throat*

So I thought it was a clear assessment that Dalton has been progressing, and played last year with a decimated arsenal of weapons.  That this was the year I'd expect him to take it up a level due to development and increased health of the offense.  At first I'm called a troll when I post he's a top 10 QB, and now that the stats back that up, I'm one of 'the crazies.'  Some of you are really funny.  But I'm glad you're finally onboard the crazy train.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-11-2015

Dalton willed us to victory today and it was sweeeeet. He is the audible master these days. A sneak from 5 yards out? That was some bada** stuff. Our running game didn't show up much, but Dalton overcame that with crisp passes all day. If Whit didn't hold on the long TD, who knows how well the day would have gone.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-11-2015

Per your bold, as that is the only part where I disagree with you: yes, some people were wrong in their evaluations of Dalton: those that claimed he would NEVER improve and/or said that what we had with Dalton is what we're always going to have and/or that Dalton could never lead us to a playof win or Super Bowl. Now while the latter hasn't happened (yet), considering his most recent play, I would still classify that analysis as wrong.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-12-2015

(10-11-2015, 11:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Per your bold, as that is the only part where I disagree with you: yes, some people were wrong in their evaluations of Dalton: those that claimed he would NEVER improve and/or said that what we had with Dalton is what we're always going to have and/or that Dalton could never lead us to a playof win or Super Bowl. Now while the latter hasn't happened (yet), considering his most recent play, I would still classify that analysis as wrong.

You nailed it. There were many who said he had peaked and would never improve. It was one of my pet peeves to think a 3 or 4 year QB could peak.

Fans who use words like always and never more often than not eat crow.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 12:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You nailed it. There were many who said he had peaked and would never improve. It was one of my pet peeves to think a 3 or 4 year QB could peak.

Fans who use words like always and never more often than not eat crow.

Yeah.  Nothing more than silly talk.  Dude had one year where he regressed statistically, and coincidentally enough it came the same season he had devastating injuries and got a new OC.  The year before that he just set franchise records.  Never mind that though.  We got to do better than that.  We all know QBs peak after their 3rd season.  It's all downhill from there.  That's why Cleveland is constantly drafting QBs to stay ahead of the downturn.    

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BURROWorBUST - 10-12-2015

From Yahoo Sports

Quote:The Bengals look like a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Andy Dalton is playing at an MVP level through five weeks (yes, seriously). You might want to stock up on non-perishables, just in case the apocalypse hits this week.

LOL

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 10-12-2015

(10-11-2015, 09:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sorry you couldn't see his natural talent like some of us on here.

His talent wasn't a question for most rational fans. It was always his consistency/getting away from the 60 and below QB ratings. A whole lot of those coming on Sun/Mon night and playoff games.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His talent wasn't a question for most rational fans. It was always his consistency/getting away from the 60 and below QB ratings. A whole lot of those coming on Sun/Mon night and playoff games.

How good has the team as a whole been historically in prime time prior to the arrival of Andy Dalton?  That was enough for me to cut him some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt.  I've seen enough good games from Dalton to know he was better than his worst performances.  It's called "patience".  He is in his 5th season.  His career seems to be mirroring that of a guy like Drew Brees at this point.