Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:23 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: How good has the team as a whole been historically in prime time prior to the arrival of Andy Dalton?  That was enough for me to cut him some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt.  I've seen enough good games from Dalton to know he was better than his worst performances.  It's called "patience".  He is in his 5th season.  His career seems to be mirroring that of a guy like Drew Brees at this point.  

Yeah. I'm totally on board with the entire organization not playing well in any of the playoff games with only a couple of exceptions. 

I felt and said the same things up until the end of last year when i just got tired of reasons for losing. Today, i just enjoyed the game kept a positive attitude while my heart rate spiked in the last 6 minutes or so of the 4th quarter. Reminded me of 2 games in particular. '04 in Baltimore and '13 against the Packers.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I'm totally on board with the entire organization not playing well in any of the playoff games with only a couple of exceptions. 

I felt and said the same things up until the end of last year when i just got tired of reasons for losing. Today, i just enjoyed the game kept a positive attitude while my heart rate spiked in the last 6 minutes or so of the 4th quarter. Reminded me of 2 games in particular. '04 in Baltimore and '13 against the Packers.

Last year sucked, but try to keep some perspective; we were decimated.  Hell, I was just glad we even made the playoffs.  I'd love our chances against that Colts team with this year's roster though.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:35 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Last year sucked, but try to keep some perspective; we were decimated.  Hell, I was just glad we even made the playoffs.  I'd love our chances against that Colts team with this year's roster though.  

No arguments on that. My disappointment probably had as much to do with circumstances always falling away from the Bengals. After 36 years, you'd think something would have to go their way. I'm still not getting my hopes up by looking ahead this year. Just going to enjoy the week to week experience, but not expecting it to go south at some point. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 12:32 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Yeah.  Nothing more than silly talk.  Dude had one year where he regressed statistically, and coincidentally enough it came the same season he had devastating injuries and got a new OC.  The year before that he just set franchise records.  Never mind that though.  We got to do better than that.  We all know QBs peak after their 3rd season.  It's all downhill from there.  That's why Cleveland is constantly drafting QBs to stay ahead of the downturn.    

Yeah some people definitely read way too much into 2014. I tried listing where QB's like Flacco, Eli and even Brady had down seasons with injured receivers, but it fell on deaf ears. People believe what they want to believe.

I predicted that Dalton would have a career year with a 90+ rating, mainly because his receivers are healthy and it's his 2nd year with Hue. That said, I'd be lying if I said I expected him to be this good. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No arguments on that. My disappointment probably had as much to do with circumstances always falling away from the Bengals. After 36 years, you'd think something would have to go their way. I'm still not getting my hopes up by looking ahead this year. Just going to enjoy the week to week experience, but not expecting it to go south at some point. 

That's kinda how I'm approaching it, too. I'm trying to keep an open mind and just taking it week by week. 

So far it feels like 2005 all over again. Heck Palmer is even playing well...for a different team.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah some people definitely read way too much into 2014. I tried listing where QB's like Flacco, Eli and even Brady had down seasons with injured receivers, but it fell on deaf ears. People believe what they want to believe.

I predicted that Dalton would have a career year with a 90+ rating, mainly because his receivers are healthy and it's his 2nd year with Hue. That said, I'd be lying if I said I expected him to be this good. 

The funny thing is Dalton isn't playing that much better than I thought he would. If you think I'm lying just check out my season prediction thread.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-12-2015

(10-11-2015, 09:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sorry you couldn't see his natural talent like some of us on here.

Lol.

I've always said the kid has talent.

He just wasn't a top QB before, so those of us that said he wasn't weren't "wrong" just because he looks great now.

Your logic fails hard and it's funny because you really love throwing out the "I told you so" bullshit when you finally think you got 1 thing right. Sucks for you that your logic is out of whack on this one.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 07:43 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Lol.

He just wasn't a top QB before, so those of us that said he wasn't weren't "wrong" just because he looks great now.

Your logic fails hard and it's funny because you really love throwing out the "I told you so" bullshit when you finally think you got 1 thing right. Sucks for you that your logic is out of whack on this one.

haha calling my logic out of whack when it's clearly right. If it wasn't then why is he doing so good? Why did he do so good in 2013? "herp derp Dalton didn't play that great in 2013 he had 20 INTs blah blah blah" I already showed you where ~8 of those INTs were not his fault. I showed you how Dalton has been playing at a high level. Just keep ignoring everything. I guess your right about everything LOL!!!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His talent wasn't a question for most rational fans. It was always his consistency/getting away from the 60 and below QB ratings. A whole lot of those coming on Sun/Mon night and playoff games.

Yesterday was the spotlight game for Fox. I know it was not prime time, but we were playing a team that needed a win. We were playing arguably still the best team in the NFC.

My point is in my opinion, this game was prime time as far as intensity and a superior opponent. Add in we were playing one of the best defenses in the NFL (in my opinion they are the best with Denver this year) and this was a prime time win.

One more note, AD and the Bengals have never lost to:

Rodgers (2 wins)
Wilson

They have beaten:
Brady
Ben R. (multiple times)
Eli manning
Peyton M.
Joe Flacco (multiple times)
Brees (multiple times

We have beaten Super Bowl QB's, yes it the regular season, but I feel it is the game and not the game time that makes it prime time.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - HarleyDog - 10-12-2015

Watching Daltons play has been a jaw dropping experience for me this year. I have been critical of him in the past because I think he has had mental issues concerning the game, specially high profile games. We have watched him struggle in the past and I'm sure, (even though many would not admit it) many pro-Daltonists have had similar fears or concerns if he was ever going to come around. Dalton has done this in the past. He has streaks with fire and accuracy only to implode later. I hope this isn't the case here and I hope he has finally turned the corner. He has definitely been fun to watch. His attitude seems different. I have feared he would retract to old Dalton with a hard hit or big pressure situations. He had both yesterday and still stood tall and faced it head on. I think Hue was correct in saying that when Dalton was booed at the celebrity all-star softball game, that it motivated him. Something has changed,and I'm thankful.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/09/hue-jackson-getting-booed-at-all-star-game-turning-point-for-dalton/

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 07:43 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Lol.

No but many said he would never play this well... and had no chance to ever be mentioned as elite. that he had hit his ceiling way before now and was never gonna be anything better.

If the old site was around im sure there would be plenty of examples especially from you.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-12-2015

You don't go from a below average bottom 10 qb in the league to a top 10 qb without some people being wrong about Dalton. But needless to say just like if we would have lost we would have been the same o'le Bengals and everyone would have forgot our dominant games this season. When Dalton has a bad game (and we lose), he'll be the same O'le Dalton, the stories are already wrote, just waiting to be published. It is what it is at this point. But people acting like Dalton just turned into a top 10 qb aren't willing to admit they were wrong. In this league Qb's don't go from bottom 10 to top 10. They go from bottom 10qb's to backups to out of the league. If they do somehow go from bottom 10 qb's to elite qb's, then you have to question the scouting of folks who deemed them bottom 10 talent qb's to begin with.

Then again these are the same folks that told us Kaep, RGIII, Tanni, Cutler, Bradford, Stafford, Smith, Foles etc and all the other young darlings that look to be heading down the wrong career path were all better than Dalton.

And those who would have taken Johnny Football over Dalton, as recent as last season (before his disaster of a start against us).

So can we really trust their judgment?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 01:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then again these are the same folks that told us Kaep, RGIII, Tanni, Cutler, Bradford, Stafford, Smith, Foles etc and all the other young darlings that look to be heading down the wrong career path were all better than Dalton.

And those who would have taken Johnny Football over Dalton, as recent as last season (before his disaster of a start against us).

So can we really trust their judgment?

How about Mallett and Glennon? lol

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-12-2015

Lol, I forgot about Glennon and Mallett. Yep.

The issue I have with the national media and those who let them determine their views on Dalton is none of these young darlings qb'd their teams to the playoffs in every year they've been in the league. However they got their top 12 qb in the league status by showing "flashes" of elite and potential (along with a strong arm and high draft ranking). Dalton never got credit for "flashes" (and regardless of what the national media is telling folks now, he's shown some over his career). He's defined by his post season failures. Even now they are just waiting for the other shoe to drop (shame Dalton is the only qb that can't afford a bad game). It's almost as if he was better off qb'ing his team to losing records and non playoff appearances like the other darlings have over their careers. Then his "flashes" would have gained him top qb respect.......... I guess. Either way, if his numbers come back down to earth, I hope people remember he's shown flashes of elite play, and don't forget like they did his prior runs (October of 2013, Nov 2014).

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 02:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Lol, I forgot about Glennon and Mallett. Yep.

The issue I have with the national media and those who let them determine their views on Dalton is none of these young darlings qb'd their teams to the playoffs in every year they've been in the league. However they got their top 12 qb in the league status by showing "flashes" of elite and potential (along with a strong arm and high draft ranking). Dalton never got credit for "flashes" (and regardless of what the national media is telling folks now, he's shown some over his career). He's defined by his post season failures. Even now they are just waiting for the other shoe to drop (shame Dalton is the only qb that can't afford a bad game). It's almost as if he was better off qb'ing his team to losing records and non playoff appearances like the other darlings have over their careers. Then his "flashes" would have gained him top qb respect.......... I guess. Either way, if his numbers come back down to earth, I hope people remember he's shown flashes of elite play, and don't forget like they did his prior runs (October of 2013, Nov 2014).

Dalton's great games were ignored.  His franchise record breaking season of 2013 was ignored.  The only things that mattered were the 4 playoff losses, the Browns debacle, and last year's Pro Bowl game.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - type_stripe - 10-12-2015

After 4 years of arguing with my neighbors that the Bengals made the right decision in 2011 to go with Dalton over Kaep, i've won them over & they brought over cookies for the win against Seattle. (that deserves a celebration for itself. Historical moment when Niner fans take their heads out of their asses). Dalton showcasing his talent for the nation to see and the nation isn't ignoring it this time. Gotta love it.

(10-12-2015, 03:28 PM)type_stripe Wrote: After 4 years of arguing with my neighbors that the Bengals made the right decision in 2011 to go with Dalton over Kaep, i've won them over & they brought over cookies for the win against Seattle. (that deserves a celebration for itself. Historical moment when Niner fans take their heads out of their asses). Dalton showcasing his talent for the nation to see and the nation isn't ignoring it this time. Gotta love it.

You mean even after Kaep won playoff games and took his team to a SB?  Isn't that the tell-tale signs of a franchise QB?   ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 12:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No but many said he would never play this well... and had no chance to ever be mentioned as elite. that he had hit his ceiling way before now and was never gonna be anything better.

If the old site was around im sure there would be plenty of examples especially from you.

I've never said that its impossible for Andy to improve. Not on the old boards or these ones, so you're better off not trying to take shots unwarranted.

It's funny how I've been labeled such a hater by some of you while I've had Andy ranked higher than 90% of the board for the past year or more.

People on here are hilarious with their bullshit logic. It's like reality doesn't exist and they just make things up that other people think and say to be right about something. Oh well, I guess that's what has to happen for the people who aren't very bright individuals. 3 of the 4 people taking personal shots at me over the last couple of pages can't understand which your/you're to use and another one can't put together a sentence without sounding like a dope that's trying to be too "street" far too often. Heh. You guys make me giggle more than Marvin Lewis on the sidelines.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 04:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I've never said that its impossible for Andy to improve. Not on the old boards or these ones, so you're better off not trying to take shots unwarranted.

It's funny how I've been labeled such a hater by some of you while I've had Andy ranked higher than 90% of the board for the past year or more.

People on here are hilarious with their bullshit logic. It's like reality doesn't exist and they just make things up that other people think and say to be right about something. Oh well, I guess that's what has to happen for the people who aren't very bright individuals. 3 of the 4 people taking personal shots at me over the last couple of pages can't understand which your/you're to use and another one can't put together a sentence without sounding like a dope that's trying to be too "street" far too often. Heh. You guys make me giggle more than Marvin Lewis on the sidelines.

I'll say this about djs: at times, his comments towards Dalton have often made him seem a Dalton hater, but in reality, he was as objective as any of us with maybe a more critical stance than someone like me. He has NOT, however, ever said Andy couldn't improve or that we couldn't win playoff games or anything of that nature. I would say djs would seem to go way out of his way to not give a future prediction of Dalton (maybe to avoid being wrong? Smirk).

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 08:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll say this about djs: at times, his comments towards Dalton have often made him seem a Dalton hater, but in reality, he was as objective as any of us with maybe a more critical stance than someone like me. He has NOT, however, ever said Andy couldn't improve or that we couldn't win playoff games or anything of that nature. I would say djs would seem to go way out of his way to not give a future prediction of Dalton (maybe to avoid being wrong? Smirk).

Agreed