Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Big Boss - 10-17-2015

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-18-2015

(10-16-2015, 03:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's another I kept bringing up on the old board. Postseason success is going to take more than Andy Dalton. AD has to do his part, but this entire team, and coaching staff, has got to step up and stop shitting their pants. 

If the team performs well in the postseason, and Andy is the 'only thing' holding them back, then I have no issue with saying he's the problem. But, so far, the problem has been much more than just the QB.

So true. This is a new year and so far Dalton has been playing really well as has the bulk of the team.

The past is the past. We all knew this would be a key year for Dalton, either he was going to step up or we'd be seeing someone else step in. So far Dalton is playing far better than anyone expected, including his most ardent supporters. Good for Dalton, good for the team, good for the fans.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-18-2015

So that was a 118.6 for Dalton today.  
22 for 33; 243 yards; and 3 TDs.  

I know... it's only 6 games now...
Next week he won't do anything Wink

Edit:
With those 3 TD passes, Andy Dalton ties Carson Palmer for most all time Bengal QB wins; & ties Jeff Garcia - 113 TDs (4th);
1 Road Win away from tying the most victories by a visiting away QB in his first five seasons in the NFL since the 1970 merger

More big records in view on the immediate horizon.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 06:09 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: So that was a 118.6 for Dalton today.  

The way Pitts D is playing this year, i look for @Pitt to be his toughest test yet, this year. Seattle was a good one, but it was at home. At Pittsburgh will be the test, especially coming off a bye, with the pressure of (maybe) a 1.5 game lead.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 06:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The way Pitts D is playing this year, i look for @Pitt to be his toughest test yet, this year. Seattle was a good one, but it was at home. At Pittsburgh will be the test, especially coming off a bye, with the pressure of (maybe) a 1.5 game lead.

It will be a good game and a good test, I agree.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jfkbengals - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 06:09 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: So that was a 118.6 for Dalton today.  

Edit:
With those 3 TD passes, Andy Dalton ties Carson Palmer for most all time Bengal QB wins; & ties Jeff Garcia - 113 TDs (4th);
1 Road Win away from tying the most victories by a visiting away QB in his first five seasons in the NFL since the 1970 merger

It was nice to see him rebound from last weeks piss poor 95.9 rating. Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Savagehenry54 - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 06:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The way Pitts D is playing this year, i look for @Pitt to be his toughest test yet, this year. Seattle was a good one, but it was at home. At Pittsburgh will be the test, especially coming off a bye, with the pressure of (maybe) a 1.5 game lead.

It's on the road and divisional.  But really, seattle's defense is markedly better than pittsburghs statistically.  If Ben can go, beating them in their place would def be the most impressive win so far tho.

(10-18-2015, 06:33 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: It's on the road and divisional.  But really, seattle's defense is markedly better than pittsburghs statistically.  If Ben can go, beating them in their place would def be the most impressive win so far tho.

Yep. I'm just glad the @Pitt is early in the year to get it out of the way.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-18-2015

Edit:

This is some good stuff. You should do a whole thread about potential records Dalton could set this year. Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-18-2015

Fwiw, Dalton has thrown 7 TDs to 2 INTs with a 92.2 rating in his last 4 games against Pittsburgh. The Steelers' D has been surprisingly decent this year, but obviously Dalton is a little better this year too. 

(10-18-2015, 07:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, Dalton has thrown 7 TDs to 2 INTs with a 92.2 rating in his last 4 games against Pittsburgh. The Steelers' D has been surprisingly decent this year, but obviously Dalton is a little better this year too. 

Yes sir. And my expectations will be that he will continue to play well. 

The was Rodgers is playing, Dalton may be moving up a spot in the rankings this week.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 10-19-2015

Great win today! Andy Dalton's been playing lights out. I believe he's the front runner for MVP.

I've never referred to him as 'Bad Andy' and always believed he was capable of over coming adversity, forgetting about the last play and focusing on the next one. Marvin Lewis preaches this day in and day out and he and Andy are on the same page with this approach. I think it's something over looked when people try to describe the changes in AD's game. If a short memory is an asset for Cornerback, what's it worth in your QB?

People have said that Andy lost confidence last season and I scoff at the idea because if there's one thing Andy's always had, if not all the tools, is confidence. If you've gotta a guy with supreme confidence and a short memory, you've gotta winner. I'm not saying Andy hasn't had set backs, but that comes with the territory.

It's evident since AD's been here, against all odds, that his natural progression from year 1 to year 5 has been ahead of the curve. So far ahead of the curve that he's put himself on the path of greatness approaching records that only the best have accomplished league wide in addition to the team records he's broken and in line to break. I think Andy's good. I think he can be great.

So, this is not me calling him out when I make an observation or two.

I think Andy misread the Safety on the long play to Marvin ( wow what a catch! ) Jones. I think he thought he'd have 1 on 1 coverage with Marvin and didn't see the Safety slide back over the top. Although the results were good, Marvin beasted and the throw was outstanding, I didn't like the (mis)read.

Also, I feel Andy occasionally gets a little anxious and doesn't allow the pocket and/or the play to develop.

I can't remember if it was one play or separate plays, but he scrambled unnecessarily on one, I think even making a short completion. I thought he could've remained in the pocket a bit longer on that particular play, as insignificant as it was. On another 3rd down scramble, he missed an opportunity with AJ. The announcers highlighted the play and replayed Hugh telling Andy as he approched the sideline to be more patient.

I'm not overly concerned with these things. Just points of discussion.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-19-2015

What you saw this week was the new "Bad" Andy.

Not his A game, but the team lifted him up. He made the crucial throws he needed to and wasn't asked to make throws like in previous weeks.
Avoid the killer mistake and keep calm.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 02:11 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What you saw this week was the new "Bad" Andy.

Not his A game, but the team lifted him up. He made the crucial throws he needed to and wasn't asked to make throws like in previous weeks.

I did see "Bad" Andy on the first drive.

The first throw to AJ was a bit high, his third down throw on the out was way out of reach. He corrected it though, and became "Good" Andy... If he can squelch his bad play when it rears his head, this team is ready for anything.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-19-2015

Tom Brady threw his first INT of the year yesterday meaning he's now tied for first in least INT thrown with a few other QBs and Dalton is now tied for 2nd with a few QBs.

Interestingly enough, Manning currently leads the league in INT thrown with 10.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 02:11 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What you saw this week was the new "Bad" Andy.

If this is was bad game, a QBR of 115+, then we are in for many great years.

We can look at every play of any player in detail and nitpick them to death, but the reality is the throw to Jones was perfect (only he could catch it) and it was a long bomb. He continues to outsmart defenses with audibles (run to Gio yesterday) and that does not show up in any stat but may be his biggest attribute as a QB.

I say we change this bad and good AD and refer to him as "Genius Andy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If this is was bad game, a QBR of 115+, then we are in for many great years.

We can look at every play of any player in detail and nitpick them to death, but the reality is the throw to Jones was perfect (only he could catch it) and it was a long bomb. He continues to outsmart defenses with audibles (run to Gio yesterday) and that does not show up in any stat but may be his biggest attribute as a QB.

I say we change this bad and good AD and refer to him as "Genius Andy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about "Elite Andy"?  I mean he's playing at an elite level is he not?  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-19-2015

Here are some AD facts through 6 games:

AD has the 22nd most attempts with 193 (Rivers has 60 more for most attempts)
Brady had more attempts than AD and he has had his bye already (but AD has slightly more yards than Brady)
AD is #2 behind Brady (118.4) in QBR of 116.1 with Rodgers a close 3rd
AD is tied for most TD's in the league at 14
AD is  #1 in most yards per attempt at 9.1 and Palmer close behind at 9.0

This is obviously the best 6 game stretch AD has ever played. It did it against the Hawks, Bills, Chargers, Raiders, Ravens and Chiefs (all were respected defenses coming into 2015 season). He did it even though Hue shut down the offense against the Raiders in game one in the 4th quarter.

It couldn't have happened to a better human being and I am glad he is our QB hopefully for a very long time. He is extremely smart and gets us in the right plays (audibles) which may not show up on the stat sheet.

We all know he and the offense will have bad games in the future, I hope we never forget this impressive 6 game run when/if it happens.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 10:56 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: How about "Elite Andy"?  I mean he's playing at an elite level is he not?  

I know he's playing as good as any QB in the league right now, but people around here don't take too kindly about calling him 'elite.'  These are the same types who would be the first, if we were to win the Super Bowl this year, to come here saying, "Cool your jets, that means nothing until we win multiple Super Bowls."  Basically, nothing is ever good enough.