Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 10:56 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: How about "Elite Andy"?  I mean he's playing at an elite level is he not?  

No doubt, AD is playing at an elite level.

My point of Genius AD is it takes more than physical attributes to be a great QB in the NFL, it takes brains and we have a very smart QB.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If this is was bad game, a QBR of 115+, then we are in for many great years.

We can look at every play of any player in detail and nitpick them to death, but the reality is the throw to Jones was perfect (only he could catch it) and it was a long bomb.

Amen. I could look at literally any game by any QB and pick some nits.

(10-19-2015, 10:56 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: How about "Elite Andy"?  I mean he's playing at an elite level is he not?  

I'm not ready to make that declaration, but isn't it getting close to that point? Palmer was in the elite discussion after that 9 game streak (last 3 games of 2004 + first 6 of 2005). 

Dalton is enjoying a similar streak right now. So at what point can we legitimately have that discussion?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-19-2015

Is it too soon to think that maybe Dalton won't break 10 INT mark this year? How nice would that be. At 2 it seems it'll be a bad turn of events to see his INT numbers jump to double digits. But there are 12 games left. If he stays under 10 for the season, none of us (not even his hardened supporters) could have thought that was possible.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 12:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not ready to make that declaration, but isn't it getting close to that point? Palmer was in the elite discussion after that 9 game streak (last 3 games of 2004 + first 6 of 2005). 

Dalton is enjoying a similar streak right now. So at what point can we legitimately have that discussion?

I think he could be in the discussion during the offseason depending on what happens over the next 10 or so games.

He could solidify his status with another year or two of similar performance.

Much like Carson, there will be some people putting him in the category prematurely. It all depends on the person discussing it. For example, Matt Ryan wasn't a consensus elite QB after 2012, Matthew Stafford wasn't a consensus elite QB after 2011, hell, some people still refuse to call Philip Rivers elite.

What Andy is doing right now can easily launch him into the top of the busy tier right under the future Hall of Famers. It is a long debate about whether the Rivers, Roethlisbergers, and Ryans of the world deserve the "e word" title or not.

IMO, saying "Carson was a top 5 QB at one point" is much different than saying "Carson was elite". I believe there can be any given number of elite players at a position, it's not just the top X percentage of guys that automatically get that special title. Playing like an elite player for a year or so is one thing, but being an elite player at your position needs some amount of sustained success. It's all semantics, but some people are more reluctant than others to throw "elite" around when discussing athletes.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - kevin - 10-19-2015

I love it, 6-0 at the bye week.....Dalton leading the NFL in passer rating ...Nobody in their right mind would be putting down Dalton over the long bye-week. ...I love it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If this is was bad game, a QBR of 115+, then we are in for many great years.

We can look at every play of any player in detail and nitpick them to death, but the reality is the throw to Jones was perfect (only he could catch it) and it was a long bomb. He continues to outsmart defenses with audibles (run to Gio yesterday) and that does not show up in any stat but may be his biggest attribute as a QB.

I say we change this bad and good AD and refer to him as "Genius Andy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a nit pick.
He wasn't sharp yesterday. Passes were a bit high, he had the bad dropped snap.

Not every game like that will yield 3 TDs though. It took a few great plays from his skill guys this week.

That was a game he normally collapses in. He didn't. It's a good thing.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 01:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's not a nit pick.
He wasn't sharp yesterday. Passes were a bit high, he had the bad dropped snap.

Not every game like that will yield 3 TDs though. It took a few great plays from his skill guys this week.

That was a game he normally collapses in. He didn't. It's a good thing.

I think you are nit picking.  Dalton was very good yesterday.  They keep him clean and he and his WRs both made plays.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 01:59 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think you are nit picking.  Dalton was very good yesterday.  They keep him clean and he and his WRs both made plays.  

I can most assuredly say, it isn't a nit pick. Not every criticism is a nit pick. Claiming this is a nit pick, takes away from when people actually nit pick.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Stormborn - 10-19-2015

Game reminded me of the 2013 Buffalo game, Dalton looked great on paper, looked ok on the field. Didn't really have to make a lot of good throws, All 3 TDs were basically 99% made by the receiver. Placement was just average all throughout the game with the exception of the 42 yarder.

You can look at this as an insult or speaking harsh, but based on the standards he's set so far, it was an ok game performance wise.

(10-19-2015, 02:47 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Game reminded me of the 2013 Buffalo game, Dalton looked great on paper, looked ok on the field. Didn't really have to make a lot of good throws, All 3 TDs were basically 99% made by the receiver. Placement was just average all throughout the game with the exception of the 42 yarder.

You can look at this as an insult or speaking harsh, but based on the standards he's set so far, it was an ok game performance wise.

Exactly. This to me, felt like one of those games we could have seen "bad" Andy.
His feet were happy, balls a bit high...but instead of instant team wide panic, they kept cool and and out-talented the Bills like they should have because EJ Manuel is terrible. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Stormborn - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 02:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Exactly. This to me, felt like one of those games we could have seen "bad" Andy.
His feet were happy, balls a bit high...but instead of instant team wide panic, they kept cool and and out-talented the Bills like they should have because EJ Manuel is terrible. 

At this point we have all the pieces to try a different approach if one thing isn't working, where in years past it was "The Hell do we do now?" It creates confidence and composure knowing that you have the better team out there and you know how to adjust accordingly.

(10-19-2015, 02:54 PM)Stormborn Wrote: At this point we have all the pieces to try a different approach if one thing isn't working, where in years past it was "The Hell do we do now?" It creates confidence and composure knowing that you have the better team out there and you know how to adjust accordingly.

Yep.

The term "Bad" Andy arises because we could never do anything else. 
We have almost always been very one dimensional until this year. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 02:47 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Game reminded me of the 2013 Buffalo game, Dalton looked great on paper, looked ok on the field. Didn't really have to make a lot of good throws, All 3 TDs were basically 99% made by the receiver. Placement was just average all throughout the game with the exception of the 42 yarder.

I agree. Game looked more like old "Good Andy" rather than the new "Dandy Andy".

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 03:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree. Game looked more like old "Good Andy" rather than the new "Dandy Andy".

Lets call the new Andy... "Badger" Andy.

I like "Badger" Andy haha.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Yojimbo - 10-20-2015

I'm withholding enthusiasm until I see a prime time game this year.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengal Rama - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 01:05 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm withholding enthusiasm until I see a prime time game this year.

I saw an NFL network piece this last week about Brady and how he is still fueled by the idea of proving doubters wrong since he was a sixth round pick. I'm hoping that Dalton read all the Bad Andy/Dalton Scale crap, worked his butt off and is looking to crush the doubters spirits the way that Brady has done.(just coming off a little nicer about it)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-20-2015

Andy has figured it out this season, and I believe, will remain our awesome franchise QB for another decade.

Dalton looked great weeks 1-4 last season, but his play dropped as the season went.

In a presser before the season, Dalton emphasized that he needed to stay consistent with what House and the other throwing 'doctors' prescribed him during the offseason. He admitted that during the course of the season, his emphasis on these aspects of his game diminished, as he gameplanned for opponents. His goal this year was to stay true to his training, focusing on his mechanics throughout the season.

Here is an article from Bengals.com describing such a change.

"With the bye week here, Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton[Image: icon-article-link.gif] is getting an in-season House call from one of the throwing doctors that spent the offseason with him at Dr. Tom House’s quarterbacks camp.

Adam Dedeaux, one of House’s coaches from the USC facility, came to Paul Brown Stadium Tuesday and said there’s not much for him to do during his visit with the NFL’s second-leading passer.

“The way he is preparing for games is showing up on the field. His body movements overall have been very clean,” Dedeaux said. “There were times last year he got out of mechanical efficiency and I haven’t seen that at all this year.”

Dedeaux said they began to see some break down in his mechanics last year starting during the fourth week of the season. But so far so good. When Dalton began his off-season work back in February, one of the changes he made is setting up on-site sessions during the season to make sure there is no drop-off. Dedeaux figures he’ll make at least one more trip back to Cincinnati this year “just to keep him going.”

“We haven’t seen what we saw last year and I think it comes from his attention to detail and sticking to the process,” Dedeaux said.
Hard to argue with the numbers. Dalton is on pace to shatter every significant club season passing record with a 116.1 passer rating that trails only Tom Brady’s 118.4. Brady, another House client, is tied for second with Dalton with 14 touchdown passes, one behind Aaron Rodgers."

I think Dalton has figured it out, and will remain a stud for a long period of time.

This leads me to my next point, our window. Our window is huge now, and will only get bigger.

The AFC is loaded with great QBs, the kicker, they are all old. In 5 years, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers and even Eli will be gone. These teams will be churning out new young QBs who will most likely make mistakes.

Meanwhile, here is Dalton, in his prime, and his only competition in the AFC is an Andrew Luck Colts team... and maybe a few others (Bortles? Mariota?)... I think our window of opportunity is humungous if Dalton can maintain his Brady-esque level of play.

Again, this is looking way way wayyyyy too far ahead, but I think there are some great possibilities in the future.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andy has figured it out this season, and I believe, will remain our awesome franchise QB for another decade.

Dalton looked great weeks 1-4 last season, but his play dropped as the season went.

In a presser before the season, Dalton emphasized that he needed to stay consistent with what House and the other throwing 'doctors' prescribed him during the offseason. He admitted that during the course of the season, his emphasis on these aspects of his game diminished, as he gameplanned for opponents. His goal this year was to stay true to his training, focusing on his mechanics throughout the season.

"With the bye week here, Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton[Image: icon-article-link.gif] is getting an in-season House call from one of the throwing doctors that spent the offseason with him at Dr. Tom House’s quarterbacks camp.

Adam Dedeaux, one of House’s coaches from the USC facility, came to Paul Brown Stadium Tuesday and said there’s not much for him to do during his visit with the NFL’s second-leading passer.

“The way he is preparing for games is showing up on the field. His body movements overall have been very clean,” Dedeaux said. “There were times last year he got out of mechanical efficiency and I haven’t seen that at all this year.”

Dedeaux said they began to see some break down in his mechanics last year starting during the fourth week of the season. But so far so good. When Dalton began his off-season work back in February, one of the changes he made is setting up on-site sessions during the season to make sure there is no drop-off. Dedeaux figures he’ll make at least one more trip back to Cincinnati this year “just to keep him going.”

“We haven’t seen what we saw last year and I think it comes from his attention to detail and sticking to the process,” Dedeaux said.
Hard to argue with the numbers. Dalton is on pace to shatter every significant club season passing record with a 116.1 passer rating that trails only Tom Brady’s 118.4. Brady, another House client, is tied for second with Dalton with 14 touchdown passes, one behind Aaron Rodgers."

I think Dalton has figured it out, and will remain a stud for a long period of time.

This leads me to my next point, our window. Our window is huge now, and will only get bigger.

The AFC is loaded with great QBs, the kicker, they are all old. In 5 years, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers and even Eli will be gone. These teams will be churning out new young QBs who will most likely make mistakes.

Meanwhile, here is Dalton, in his prime, and his only competition in the AFC is an Andrew Luck Colts team... and maybe a few others (Bortles? Mariota?)... I think our window of opportunity is humungous if Dalton can maintain his Brady-esque level of play.

Again, this is looking way way wayyyyy too far ahead, but I think there are some great possibilities in the future.

The future is looking relatively bright for this team.  Say what you will about management, but I'm sure the majority of the league would love to be where we are from a salary cap and personnel situation.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 03:27 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The future is looking relatively bright for this team.  Say what you will about management, but I'm sure the majority of the league would love to be where we are from a salary cap and personnel situation.  

As a known vocal critic of them....I can say they deserve a tip of the hat here for sure.....

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andy has figured it out this season, and I believe, will remain our awesome franchise QB for another decade.

This was a great article and gets me excited for the rest of this season and beyond.
Glad to see Dedeaux meeting w/ Dalton over bye week to continue working to improve and not letting up off the gas.  That may be just what the doctor ordered to come out facing what just might be our biggest game of the regular season in week 8.