Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 10-20-2015

(10-19-2015, 02:47 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Game reminded me of the 2013 Buffalo game, Dalton looked great on paper, looked ok on the field. Didn't really have to make a lot of good throws, All 3 TDs were basically 99% made by the receiver. Placement was just average all throughout the game with the exception of the 42 yarder.

You can look at this as an insult or speaking harsh, but based on the standards he's set so far, it was an ok game performance wise.

I don't buy this at all.  He missed a few but he made a lot of good throws.   He completed two thirds after starting out a little rough on the first drive.  He played an outstanding game. 

The TD to Eifert was a perfect throw and I believe it came from a Dalton audible.   The Gio td run, also an audible. Obviously, there is more to it than just throwing. 

He also made yet another great throw on the run, which is something that was barely in his arsenal before this year.  And, most of all, his composure remained unwavering, which is the biggest thing he has done this year.  I saw very little to complain about.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Stormborn - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 06:34 PM)McC Wrote: I don't buy this at all.  He missed a few but he made a lot of good throws.   He completed two thirds after starting out a little rough on the first drive.  He played an outstanding game. 

The TD to Eifert was a perfect throw and I believe it came from a Dalton audible.   The Gio td run, also an audible. Obviously, there is more to it than just throwing. 

He also made yet another great throw on the run, which is something that was barely in his arsenal before this year.  And, most of all, his composure remained unwavering, which is the biggest thing he has done this year.  I saw very little to complain about.

The pre-snap stuff doesn't impress me anymore. I expect him to do it, he's done it for a long time. People aren't surprised when Peyton, Brees, Brady do it. I would challenge you on that Eifert throw, if you wanna talk about perfect, but I'm not gonna get that picky. 

You still got some skittishness in clean pockets, you still got inconsistent placement and accuracy. You saw traits of his past self. 

And that's fine.

Because he played well enough. That's the point. It wasn't his best day of the year and they still looked like a top tier offense because they are a top their offense. In the past you see some of these things and know that it just isn't his day. He played ok and they won by 2 scores. His standard of ok has raised which is what I'm trying to get across here.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-20-2015

Mark the Bills game down as the least impressive of the year for Andy. He didn't look as dominant as he did in the first 5. I think he was a bit lucky to end up with the stats that he did. With that said...any time that you can throw for 250ish yards, a 67% completion rate, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and a roughly 120 passer rating and call it the worst game of the year, you should take it as a massive plus.

Dalton for MVP.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Marlon23 - 10-20-2015

Andy doing good!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-23-2015

(10-20-2015, 08:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: The pre-snap stuff doesn't impress me anymore. I expect him to do it, he's done it for a long time. People aren't surprised when Peyton, Brees, Brady do it. I would challenge you on that Eifert throw, if you wanna talk about perfect, but I'm not gonna get that picky. 

You still got some skittishness in clean pockets, you still got inconsistent placement and accuracy. You saw traits of his past self. 

And that's fine.

Because he played well enough. That's the point. It wasn't his best day of the year and they still looked like a top tier offense because they are a top their offense. In the past you see some of these things and know that it just isn't his day. He played ok and they won by 2 scores. His standard of ok has raised which is what I'm trying to get across here.

I dont think he had full contro(to change the play)l last year with it being Hues first as the OC... but it seems he has full control now

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-25-2015

So quiet in here right now...

Question of the day: Is Andrew Luck 'Elite?'

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 05:11 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: So quiet in here right now...

Question of the day:  Is Andrew Luck 'Elite?'

He's elite at throwing picks.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 05:11 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: So quiet in here right now...

Question of the day:  Is Andrew Luck 'Elite?'

I'd have traded for him this off season, no doubt. With out OL he probably wouldn't be playing injured.

Of course, Dalton has turned the corner and appears to be hitting his stride. Luck's day will come, I am certain.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 10:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd have traded for him this off season, no doubt. With out OL he probably wouldn't be playing injured.

Of course, Dalton has turned the corner and appears to be hitting his stride. Luck's day will come, I am certain.

Colts OL didn't look bad when Hasselbeck was in.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-26-2015

(10-25-2015, 10:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Colts OL didn't look bad when Hasselbeck was in.

Pretty much.  Luck is pretty overrated.  He is good , but he's not even in the same stratosphere as his reputation.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-26-2015

(10-25-2015, 10:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd have traded for him this off season, no doubt. With out OL he probably wouldn't be playing injured.

I've watched a couple Colts games this year.  I don't know if its possible to track these things, but it has seemed as if Luck holds onto the ball twice as long as Dalton does.  That's just my naked eye observation.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-26-2015

[Image: ANYA-Trailing-Leading-10-23-15.png]

http://www.footballperspective.com/quarterback-passing-stats-while-trailingleading/

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-26-2015

Perhaps if he didn't hold on to the ball so long he wouldn't be playing injured?  The old man seems to be holding up just fine.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 12:54 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I've watched a couple Colts games this year.  I don't know if its possible to track these things, but it has seemed as if Luck holds onto the ball twice as long as Dalton does.  That's just my naked eye observation.  

Dalton is 5th fastest in the league at 2.36 seconds, whereas Luck is 23rd at 2.79 seconds.  You would think having a supposedly poor O-line he would get rid of it faster.  Hasselback averaged 2.28 seconds until release.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-26-2015

Luck's always been a turnover machine. Even in the playoffs. He's just got away with it like the other darlings because he's a high draft pick with a perceived big arm. It's what got Bradford, Stafford, Cutler, etc many years without taking the heat Dalton takes.

Luck will survive this year with his elite status. They won't be calling for the Colts to draft a qb, unlike Daltons previous career year of 2013 and that offseason where pundits said we needed to consider it.

(10-26-2015, 11:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: Luck's always been a turnover machine. Even in the playoffs. He's just got away with it like the other darlings because he's a high draft pick with a perceived big arm. It's what got Bradford, Stafford, Cutler, etc many years without taking the heat Dalton takes.

Luck will survive this year with his elite status. They won't be calling for the Colts to draft a qb, unlike Daltons previous career year of 2013 and that offseason where pundits said we needed to consider it.

Pretty much.  Having a "big arm" saves you from a lot of criticism in this league.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 09:48 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Dalton is 5th fastest in the league at 2.36 seconds, whereas Luck is 23rd at 2.79 seconds.  You would think having a supposedly poor O-line he would get rid of it faster.  Hasselback averaged 2.28 seconds until release.  

Heck, the Colt's o-line hasn't given up many sacks over the last couple seasons, with Hasselbeck nor Luck. They have allowed a lot of pressures on Luck, but I'd say Luck's poor release times have been a factor in that.

I honestly feel sorry for Luck's teammates. Their D has been decent the last couple years and they've always had solid weapons. The o-line takes a disproportionate amount of criticism.

People always blame every shortcoming on Luck's teammates. The dude is good, but he still has some pretty big flaws...obviously. He turn's it over too much (both INT's and fumbles), he holds the ball too long (which probably contributes to the turnovers), and he's been almost as bad as Dalton in the playoffs (where he's set records for turnovers).

Eventually people are going to have to shift their narratives with him. He's not elite yet. An elite QB would elevate his teammates anyway.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Sovereign Nation - 10-27-2015

(10-26-2015, 12:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, the Colt's o-line hasn't given up many sacks over the last couple seasons, with Hasselbeck nor Luck. They have allowed a lot of pressures on Luck, but I'd say Luck's poor release times have been a factor in that.

I honestly feel sorry for Luck's teammates. Their D has been decent the last couple years and they've always had solid weapons. The o-line takes a disproportionate amount of criticism.

People always blame every shortcoming on Luck's teammates. The dude is good, but he still has some pretty big flaws...obviously. He turn's it over too much (both INT's and fumbles), he holds the ball too long (which probably contributes to the turnovers), and he's been almost as bad as Dalton in the playoffs (where he's set records for turnovers).

Eventually people are going to have to shift their narratives with him. He's not elite yet. An elite QB would elevate his teammates anyway.

Just like people always blame Dalton for every shortcoming this team has.  Some guys get a pass while others will be the scapegoat.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-27-2015

I'm eventually (maybe) going to make a statement about this whole 'elite' argument...
But first, another question: Joe Flacco, Super Bowl Ring, Elite?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - ZeGerman - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 03:02 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm eventually (maybe) going to make a statement about this whole 'elite' argument...
But first, another question:  Joe Flacco, Super Bowl Ring, Elite?

Joe Flacco 1-6.  Has had the ball with a chance to win/tie each game with 2 mins left in the 4th in all 6 losses.  He's certainly clutch.