Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 03:02 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm eventually (maybe) going to make a statement about this whole 'elite' argument...
But first, another question:  Joe Flacco, Super Bowl Ring, Elite?

Let me answer your question with another question:
Dan Marino, no Super Bowl ring, elite?

Or, better yet:
Trent Dilfer, Super Bowl ring, elite?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-27-2015

True.
Crazy to think it's really not going to be long before Ravens are mathematically eliminated.
Maybe Steve Smith, Sr will want to rethink his position on being traded.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 09:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Let me answer your question with another question:
Dan Marino, no Super Bowl ring, elite?

Or, better yet:
Trent Dilfer, Super Bowl ring, elite?

That's a really great way to answer the question.
'Elite' seems to be a subjective term around here.  Would love some qualifiers.
From what I've heard so far, i don't believe many around here would be able to call Dan Marino elite, which is (subjectively, ok) insane.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-27-2015

Well Siri Apparently thinks Dalton is the best

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-29-2015

Congrats to Dalton for Offensive player of the Month

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/29/andy-dalton-picks-up-afc-offensive-player-of-the-month/

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Congrats to Dalton for Offensive player of the Month

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/29/andy-dalton-picks-up-afc-offensive-player-of-the-month/

wow i just found it... but Thats his second time owning October i believe....

also HAPPY BIRTHDAY Andy Dalton

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 10-29-2015

Clear sign the perception of Dalton is changing. Offensive player of the month and ho hum. Last year it would have sparked an additional 10 pages.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 02:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Clear sign the perception of Dalton is changing. Offensive player of the month and ho hum. Last year it would have sparked an additional 10 pages.

well everything being contained in here for dalton might not be possible much longer if he keeps on doing what he has the last 7 weeks.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-29-2015

Philosophical question -
If an NFL QB is on their way to becoming 'elite' - might they actually be elite before officially being recognized as such? And if some who are generally recognized as 'elite', such as Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck, start regularly performing below average - were they 'elite' to begin with?

If a QB who has been unquestionably 'elite' in the past, such as Peyton Manning, plays like he has this past season, when a team plans on facing them, are they planning on facing an 'elite' QB?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well everything being contained in here for dalton might not be possible much longer if he keeps on doing what he has the last 7 weeks.

I think you have it backward homie....it will remain quiet unless he has a meltdown.... ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Congrats to Dalton for Offensive player of the Month

Surprised he won over Brady. Not because Brady was more deserving, but he's the big name and he had a great month. Nuke Hopkins had a huge month too.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 04:17 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Philosophical question -
If an NFL QB is on their way to becoming 'elite' - might they actually be elite before officially being recognized as such?  And if some who are generally recognized as 'elite', such as Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck, start regularly performing below average - were they 'elite' to begin with?  

If a QB who has been unquestionably 'elite' in the past, such as Peyton Manning, plays like he has this past season, when a team plans on facing them, are they planning on facing an 'elite' QB?

Joe Flacco has never been "elite". Not even close. The last few years, it as a 4 man party...Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees.  Now, I'd only put Rodgers and Brady there, but if Dalton keeps playing at this level, eventually you have to recognize it.  At first it was a fluke, then it was a trend....hopefully, this becomes just who he is.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 09:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Joe Flacco has never been "elite". Not even close. The last few years, it as a 4 man party...Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees.  Now, I'd only put Rodgers and Brady there, but if Dalton keeps playing at this level, eventually you have to recognize it.  At first it was a fluke, then it was a trend....hopefully, this becomes just who he is.

I cast my vote for this.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-30-2015

(10-29-2015, 09:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Joe Flacco has never been "elite". Not even close. The last few years, it as a 4 man party...Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees.  Now, I'd only put Rodgers and Brady there, but if Dalton keeps playing at this level, eventually you have to recognize it.  At first it was a fluke, then it was a trend....hopefully, this becomes just who he is.

(10-29-2015, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I cast my vote for this.

I do like the way everyone's thinking so far.  Maybe times really are changing around here.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-30-2015

So you don't need an "elite" QB to win a SB?  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 10:03 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: So you don't need an "elite" QB to win a SB?  

No... But having one probly makes it easier to get to the superbowl... Unless that elite QB is paid so well it leaves little to spread around to the rest of the team.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 10:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No...  But having one probly makes it easier to get to the superbowl... Unless that elite QB is paid so well it leaves little to spread around to the rest of the team.

I see.  Some on these boards have said you can't win a SB unless you have an "elite" QB.  Thanks for the clarification.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 10:43 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I see.  Some on these boards have said you can't win a SB unless you have an "elite" QB.  Thanks for the clarification.  

does anyone here consider wilson an elite QB? or flacco? I think we can all admit Flacco had an amazing post season run the year they won it. But if the rest of the career dont match then which is the fluke?

OR i think everyone considers peyton elite or at least up till this season he was correct? and how many SBs did he win compared to times he washed out in the postseaon?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 10:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: does anyone here consider wilson an elite QB?  or flacco?  I think we can all admit Flacco had an amazing post season run the year they won it.  But if the rest of the career dont match then which is the fluke?

OR i think everyone considers peyton elite or at least up till this season he was correct?  and how many SBs did he win compared to times he washed out in the postseaon?

Flaccos amazing run would have never happened if that Denver safety wasn't a bonehead.

I still remember thinking "How could an NFL safety whiff on that?! It should've been picked!"

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 10-30-2015

Flacco is paid like he's elite.