Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Utts - 11-01-2015

(10-27-2015, 03:02 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm eventually (maybe) going to make a statement about this whole 'elite' argument...
But first, another question:  Joe Flacco, Super Bowl Ring, Elite?

Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon elite?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-01-2015

(11-01-2015, 08:35 PM)Utts Wrote: Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon elite?

Mark Rypien and Jeff Hostetler?  Brad Johnson?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Johnny Cupcakes - 11-02-2015

First ugly game of the year. It was bound to happen...even the best QBs have "off games". I'm anxious to see how he responds to it on a short week.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:23 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: First ugly game of the year.  It was bound to happen...even the best QBs have "off games".  I'm anxious to see how he responds to it on a short week.

One really bad pick. 
One really not bad pick at all, given the Shankapotamus Huber was being for a stretch.

I think it was just Dan Fouts' prescence bringing him down

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-02-2015

If he keeps up the pace of 6 good games for every bad one, i'll take it. ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he keeps up the pace of 6 good games for every bad one, i'll take it. ThumbsUp

Should line up the Super Bowl for us. Good. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:23 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: First ugly game of the year.  It was bound to happen...even the best QBs have "off games".  I'm anxious to see how he responds to it on a short week.

Yep....if he can have 215 yards and a touchdown on his garbage days....we're golden.  He was running for his life a good segment of the game though....to be fair.  The main thing: he remained poised and got us in the endzone when we needed it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 11-02-2015

Andy had a decent game, nothing to talk about. His pick in the redzone was an ugly floater :/ Needed to throw it more to the pylon.

Bad snap issues today, and shaky line play because of the blitz by Pittsburgh. Got the W so I guess that's all the counts.

A.J. took over thankfully.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 11-02-2015

Ugly game for Dalton no doubt. I watched Denver and specifically Manning come out of the bye stronger (good coaching, used bye to progress not digress). Looked like Dalton lost his nerve during our bye. Hopefully he finds it again and the offense isn't set back permanently.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 11:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: Ugly game for Dalton no doubt. I watched Denver and specifically Manning come out of the bye stronger (good coaching, used bye to progress not digress). Looked like Dalton lost his nerve during our bye. Hopefully he finds it again and the offense isn't set back permanently.

He especially lost his "nerve" when he hit Bernard on the shovel pass and Green to score the winning TD.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 11-02-2015

Yep. Fans always look at the negative of Dalton. I think he did pretty well for running around like his hair was on fire. He had some bad throws but then again, so did Aaron Rodgers last night. It happens. People will get over it and ride his dick when he scorches a team in a few weeks. It is what it is.

If you are pumping up that shovel pass (the same one he's hit Bernard with multiple times over their career) as needing some nerve, then you've missed the big plays he's made this season. Pre bye, Dalton was taking chances and shots he was praised for taking (some, he wouldn't have taken in the past). Sorry WhoDeyWho, that shovel pass, didn't take much guts. That was a standard play Andy (good, bad, or dandy) would make. Nothing new, nothing out of the ordinary for him. No nerve needed.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 12:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: If you are pumping up that shovel pass (the same one he's hit Bernard with multiple times over their career) as needing some nerve, then you've missed the big plays he's made this season. Pre bye, Dalton was taking chances and shots he was praised for taking (some, he wouldn't have taken in the past). Sorry WhoDeyWho, that shovel pass, didn't take much guts. That was a standard play Andy (good, bad, or dandy) would make. Nothing new, nothing out of the ordinary for him. No nerve needed.

I am not sure what really any of this means. 

Aaron Rodgers makes incredible throws. I don't think that takes away from him making an incredible throw? Rodgers plays a bad game, I don't think that takes away from incredible throws or playing bad games.

That shovel pass did take guts? He could have slid (see Peyton Manning under pressure). Ran the ball (there was a lane to do so) or thrown the ball away (He could've done this as well). He stepped up in the pocket under pressure (he was under pressure all day) and made a play. 

I think saying anything else is taking away from what he did (clearly what you're trying to do). Yes, great extension from Gio, adding further confusion as to why he was barely used.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-02-2015

Dalton has now passed JEff Garcia to become 3rd overall on the list of most TD passes in the first 5 years of the season..

Congrats.. It was an ugly win but i dont see how any can say dalton lost his nerve Has big ben lost his too? If it was old dalton we would not have seen that game winning drive after throwing 2 picks.

I'm not going to sit here and act like a Dalton shovel pass is a big deal (sorry folks). He deserves better than that. If I hit a checkdown, be proud of me, not a starting qb. I've seen him make plays like that in previous years. What it all means, is the downfield passing attack, shots, and chances taken that made Dalton a MVP candidate this season wasn't there. I hope they come back. The TD pass to Green didn't take much "nerve" either. A 6 yard pass play doesn't take much "nerve".

And don't let the media tell you what we would have and wouldn't have seen out of Dalton in the past. Dalton has won plenty of games throwing multiple bad picks in the 4th quarter before.

Me getting accused of trying to take something away from Dalton is new. But maybe his supporters need to raise their standards with the new times as I have. A shovel pass doesn't really do it for me anymore.

(11-02-2015, 12:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton has now passed JEff Garcia to become 3rd overall on the list of most TD passes in the first 5 years of the season..

Congrats.. It was an ugly win but i dont see how any can say dalton lost his nerve  Has big ben lost his too?  If it was old dalton we would not have seen that game winning drive after throwing 2 picks.

Yep. Dalton didn't play great but he made plays when he had to. 

That being said, some idiotic plays from the o-line took away multiple chances for us to be up at least two possessions. We should have had at least 6 extra points on that board.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 11:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: Ugly game for Dalton no doubt. I watched Denver and specifically Manning come out of the bye stronger (good coaching, used bye to progress not digress). Looked like Dalton lost his nerve during our bye. Hopefully he finds it again and the offense isn't set back permanently.

If you watched Denver, I guess you also noted the Packers lost both of their starting CB's in the first quarter and the replacements were getting beaten by 3 to 5 yards per play.

You also probably noticed the make shift OL did not allow much pressure the entire game.

You also probably noticed Manning was accurate, but lacked zip but got away with it against slow back ups.

AD did not have a great game, but far  from the bad game Rodgers had last night

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 12:52 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. Dalton didn't play great but he made plays when he had to. 

That being said, some idiotic plays from the o-line took away multiple chances for us to be up at least two possessions. We should have had at least 6 extra points on that board.

Yea, what I took away from the game yesterday - other than elevated blood pressure - was the final acceptance that Bodine isn't working out very well for us.  I'm extremely hesitant to be critical of any players.  With that said, I have to think there's someone on a practice squad out there somewhere who would be an immediate upgrade for us at that position.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 12:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: If you are pumping up that shovel pass (the same one he's hit Bernard with multiple times over their career) as needing some nerve, then you've missed the big plays he's made this season. Pre bye, Dalton was taking chances and shots he was praised for taking (some, he wouldn't have taken in the past). Sorry WhoDeyWho, that shovel pass, didn't take much guts. That was a standard play Andy (good, bad, or dandy) would make. Nothing new, nothing out of the ordinary for him. No nerve needed.

I'm not pumped up.  I'm just not reading nearly as much into the bye and Dalton's "regression" as you seem to be.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 11-02-2015

You should all watch Daltons post game presser. He is definitely not happy with how the offense played yesterday. Seems depressed or sick or something.

Anyways, hopefully he is inspired by Eli and Brees to throw 10 TDs on Thursday Ninja