Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 11-02-2015

I didn't realize this was a Rodgers thread.... I was really just attacking the coaches for letting us digress after a bye. Say what u want about Denver but they improved off of theirs. Hard to argue our offense did, they looked to have returned to 2014 form. Hopefully it was just that game. Not an outrageous argument.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:42 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Yea, what I took away from the game yesterday - other than elevated blood pressure - was the final acceptance that Bodine isn't working out very well for us.  I'm extremely hesitant to be critical of any players.  With that said, I have to think there's someone on a practice squad out there somewhere who would be an immediate upgrade for us at that position.

time to revist that trade deadline thread and look for a center.

(11-02-2015, 01:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I didn't realize this was a Rodgers thread.... I was really just attacking the coaches for letting us digress after a bye. Say what u want about Denver but they improved off of theirs. Hard to argue our offense did, they looked to have returned to 2014 form. Hopefully it was just that game. Not an outrageous argument.

Packers where also on a bye week...

And hopefully their fans are questioning their coaches, and they are. The Difference is we won. So a blind eye is turned.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I didn't realize this was a Rodgers thread.... I was really just attacking the coaches for letting us digress after a bye. Say what u want about Denver but they improved off of theirs. Hard to argue our offense did, they looked to have returned to 2014 form. Hopefully it was just that game. Not an outrageous argument.

The Broncos weren't playing a division rival on the road.  

No excuse for coming off the bye like that on Offense. If anything it's a familiar foe. Shouldn't matter.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - WhoDeyWho - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: No excuse for coming off the bye like that on Offense. If anything it's a familiar foe. Shouldn't matter.

You can say that, but history tells another story:  we always have hard games against the Steelers and AFC North foes.

We are 13-3-1 against the NFC in the Dalton era.  We are 13-13 against the AFC North.  

Apparently it does matter.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: No excuse for coming off the bye like that on Offense. If anything it's a familiar foe. Shouldn't matter.

We were not winnnig at the Line of Scrimmage.... which usually equals a bad day.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 11-02-2015

If there's any game for the overly protective Andy lovers to blame a poor performance on the o-line/TE/RB blocking, this was definitely it.

Not many good excuses to let that front 7 disrupt Andy so much. I'm not going to be concerned unless this becomes a trend though. Andy gets above average protection regularly and he's been playing out of his mind this season. When either of those things change for more than just 1 week, I'll start to become nervous about it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:35 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If there's any game for the overly protective Andy lovers to blame a poor performance on the o-line/TE/RB blocking, this was definitely it.

Not many good excuses to let that front 7 disrupt Andy so much. I'm not going to be concerned unless this becomes a trend though. Andy gets above average protection regularly and he's been playing out of his mind this season. When either of those things change for more than just 1 week, I'll start to become nervous about it.

It was really one guy on the OL struggling and then just good defense from Pittsburgh.
It happens. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - djs7685 - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It was really one guy on the OL struggling and then just good defense from Pittsburgh.
It happens. 

I blame the RBs and TEs more so than the OL, but Andy was definitely seeing way too much pressure for how good our group is on offense.

I'd have to watch the game again though, as I said in the other thread, I've only seen this one once so far when it was live.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I blame the RBs and TEs more so than the OL, but Andy was definitely seeing way too much pressure for how good our group is on offense.

I'd have to watch the game again though, as I said in the other thread, I've only seen this one once so far when it was live.

TE blocking was fine IMO. Eifert was asked to make some tough blocks and did alright.

Gio missed 2 blocks on Timmons but that's a horrible mismatch Pittsburgh was able to get and exploit. (think Geno vs a rookie)

There were at least 3 times the center got bull rushed into the QB and blew up the play entirely (just in the pass game) 

(11-02-2015, 02:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: TE blocking was fine IMO. Eifert was asked to make some tough blocks and did alright.

Gio missed 2 blocks on Timmons but that's a horrible mismatch Pittsburgh was able to get and exploit. (think Geno vs a rookie)

There were at least 3 times the center got bull rushed into the QB and blew up the play entirely (just in the pass game) 

Well id say Bodine and Smith had the most issues on the OL not sure how good.bad the TEs/RBs did....

Also i think we should start getting hewitt a little more involved in the passing game. (i understand just not enough to go around) but a pass here or there should help open eifert up at times

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 02:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It was really one guy on the OL struggling and then just good defense from Pittsburgh.
It happens. 

And an OC that decided to go a little pass heavy.

(11-02-2015, 02:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well id say Bodine and Smith had the most issues on the OL  not sure how good.bad the TEs/RBs did....

Also i think we should start getting hewitt a little more involved in the passing game. (i understand just not enough to go around)  but a pass here or there should help open eifert up at times

Smith was fine. The two penalties weren't good but not bad either. If he doesn't take them, Dalton gets wrecked. 

(11-02-2015, 03:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And an OC that decided to go a little pass heavy.

Run blocking was on point for the most part. Zeitler and Boling were generating good push. Zeitler cleaned up 3 Steelers on one play. 

Here's a video of Eifert blocking James Harrison into the dirt:

https://vine.co/v/e3U5bblemrV

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 03:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Here's a video of Eifert blocking James Harrison into the dirt:

https://vine.co/v/e3U5bblemrV

I like it but Harrison did step on his teammates ankle. Ninja

(11-02-2015, 03:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I like it but Harrison did step on his teammates ankle. Ninja

I'd say the vast majority of pancakes in the NFL have some "assistance" in some shape or form. 

The key is in the effort, technique and drive to put Harrison in that place and the attitude to finish him.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - reuben.ahmed - 11-03-2015

1 more road win this year and Dalton will have the most road wins for a QB in their first 5 years, ever.

Andy Dalton is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame ... Or at least his jersey is. The jersey that Dalton wore in Sunday's 16-10 win over the Steelers arrived in Canton today to go on display. Sunday's win pushed the Bengals to their first 7-0 start in team history. He also is now tied for the most career road victories (23) for a QB through his first five seasons.

[Image: 2a838dec-ddac-4efe-9c26-1e1532a631cf.jpg]

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CincyKid - 11-03-2015

4 years in the NFL
4 times in the NFL postseason
40+ wins in said 4 seasons

The red-head is gonna set some serious NFL records for 5th yr QB's if this keeps up.

We need to have a crow feast for all the people who have bashed and booed this man............I will need lots of mild sauce to get it down

The celebration would draw millions of us

Mega kudos to Mike Brown and Marvin for never wavering on their QB.

God Bless you Andy Dalton...........he never doubted you !