Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-15-2015

(11-15-2015, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: R2014: Dalton 2.0
2015: Peyton Manning 0.0

I am shocked Peyton did not go negative QBR today

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - West Union KennyG - 11-15-2015

(11-15-2015, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2014: Dalton 2.0

What?  That's impossible!  NFL QB's don't have bad games like that except for Dalton!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-16-2015

(11-15-2015, 10:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am shocked Peyton did not go negative QBR today

still boggled ESPN gave him 1 fantasy point

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengalsfan18 - 11-16-2015

I am glad Dalton is finally getting the recognition he deserves! Just watched this short video and Pat Kirwan has Dalton as a one of the offensive players of the year! https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015/11/14/pat-kirwans-midseason-awards/

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 12:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still boggled ESPN gave him 1 fantasy point

Wow. He was -6 on nfl.com.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 12:19 PM)Bengalsfan18 Wrote: I am glad Dalton is finally getting the recognition he deserves! Just watched this short video and Pat Kirwan has Dalton as a one of the offensive players of the year! https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015/11/14/pat-kirwans-midseason-awards/

I think he got the recognition he deserved last year. His play has improved a great deal this year and so has the recognition he's received. People act like he played this well before no one noticed, but I don't see it that way at all.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 02:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I think he got the recognition he deserved last year. His play has improved a great deal this year and so has the recognition he's received. People act like he played this well before no one noticed, but I don't see it that way at all.

he played really well in 2013..

He didnt deserve half the shit he got last year.... He literally had no one to throw to in most games.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-16-2015

(11-15-2015, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2014: Dalton 2.0

I'm getting real tired of people comparing Dalton to Peyton Manning. Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 03:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he played really well in 2013..

He didnt deserve half the shit he got last year....  He literally had no one to throw to in most games.

I thought he got a lot of recognition in 2013 and a contract to boot.

Last year he didn't play that well. That 2.0 game was rather ridiculous how bad it was. Tying the NFL's mark for worst playoff record didn't help either.

If you are going blame the lack of weapons last year, then you have to credit the quantity and quality of weapons this year. The two go hand in hand. For me he just didn't play that well. He looks different this year, much more in command, much more certain. Last year, not so much.

I am happy that he has turned the corner, but he didn't turn that corner until this year and I'm very willing to give him credit for that. But I won't pretend like he deserved those accolades last year cause he just didn't.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Stormborn - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 12:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still boggled ESPN gave him 1 fantasy point

He went -7 in my standard ESPN...

(11-16-2015, 03:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I thought he got a lot of recognition in 2013 and a contract to boot.

Last year he didn't play that well. That 2.0 game was rather ridiculous how bad it was. Tying the NFL's mark for worst playoff record didn't help either.

If you are going blame the lack of weapons last year, then you have to credit the quantity and quality of weapons this year. The two go hand in hand. For me he just didn't play that well. He looks different this year, much more in command, much more certain. Last year, not so much.

I am happy that he has turned the corner, but he didn't turn that corner until this year and I'm very willing to give him credit for that. But I won't pretend like he deserved those accolades last year cause he just didn't.

I do credit the quality of weapons EVERY QB needs weapons... no one can pass to themselves block for themselves every play

When a QB is having a Great Season you see his WRs making great adjustments and laying out and making great catches when needed.

That same QB could make the same throws Either on the money or slightly off the mark but if the effort isnt there on the other end then stats drops.

Last year he actualy improved his completion precentage dispite all his targets being on the bottom half of the depth chart or hurt. His TD numbers went down for sure as we had 2 RBs handling business... And INTS went up cause the only out there he trusted was an less than 100% green (especially the 2nd half the season)

yeah the TNF game was bad... from the ENTIRE 11 men playing on offense.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 11-16-2015

With a good performance tonight, Dalton will solidify himself as the 2nd best QB this season. Rodgers struggles as of late has moved him below Dalton imo, and the only QB who is playing at the same or higher level is Brady.

Dalton is da man!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CageTheBengal - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. He was -6 on nfl.com.

(11-16-2015, 03:38 PM)Stormborn Wrote: He went -7 in my standard ESPN...

To round out the Peyton Manning Fantasy Report

-2.3 I believe on Yahoo.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 03:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm getting real tired of people comparing Dalton to Peyton Manning. Ninja

LOL

(11-16-2015, 03:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I thought he got a lot of recognition in 2013 and a contract to boot.

Lets be real for a sec. The 2.0 game was one game in a 16 game season. If you take a closer look at his season game by game, it wasn't bad. You bring up the 2.0 game and the playoff game. I can counter that with a nearly perfect game against the Saints, exceptional play in all the Steelers and Ravens games and 3 good prime-time performances.

All this despite being down his #2 WR, his top TE and AJ missing essentially 6 games. Trying to flip that to take credit from Andy this year is lame and makes you sound like a hater. Any QB who is missing top weapons will suffer. Just look at the season where Brady was without Gronk. All QB's need their primary guys to stay healthy in order to play at their best.

The only media type who has tried to downplay Dalton's success and give that credit to his weapons is Colin Cowherd. Nuff said. I do agree with you that Dalton is playing at a higher level this year, but he's never been bad and he did catch way too much heat.

(11-16-2015, 07:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: LOL

Lets be real for a sec. The 2.0 game was one game in a 16 game season. If you take a closer look at his season game by game, it wasn't bad. You bring up the 2.0 game and the playoff game. I can counter that with a nearly perfect game against the Saints, exceptional play in all the Steelers and Ravens games and 3 good prime-time performances.

All this despite being down his #2 WR, his top TE and AJ missing essentially 6 games. Trying to flip that to take credit from Andy this year is lame and makes you sound like a hater. Any QB who is missing top weapons will suffer. Just look at the season where Brady was without Gronk. All QB's need their primary guys to stay healthy in order to play at their best.

The only media type who has tried to downplay Dalton's success and give that credit to his weapons is Colin Cowherd. Nuff said. I do agree with you that Dalton is playing at a higher level this year, but he's never been bad and he did catch way too much heat.

I'm not downplaying Dalton's success at all. I really do see him as a different QB this year. Much more in command. He stands in there and delivers when the chips are down, is hitting the open receiver, is changing in and out of plays and he's the offensive leader. That's all good and he deserves recognition for it - this year.

Just be happy that he's turned the corner. I am.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-17-2015

Without looking at any other posts, yet, anyone who says last night's loss was on Dalton is a moron who knows NOTHING of football.

Dalton played poorly, yes, but so did everyone on the offense except Gio. Heck, even the coordinator called a horrible game. Giovanni Bernard was the only one who came to play last night, apparently.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 11:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Without looking at any other posts, yet, anyone who says last night's loss was on Dalton is a moron who knows NOTHING of football.

Dalton played poorly, yes, but so did everyone on the offense except Gio. Heck, even the coordinator called a horrible game. Giovanni Bernard was the only one who came to play last night, apparently.

Call me a moron. Dalton did nothing yesterday to win the game, nothing.

(11-17-2015, 11:20 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Call me a moron. Dalton did nothing yesterday to win the game, nothing.

And what did Hue do to win the game? Or AJ Green? Or Tyler Eifert? Or Jeremy Hill? Or the whole damn offensive line?

Like I said, the ENTIRE OFFENSE is to blame for the loss last night. Of which Dalton is a big part of, but he's not the whole offense.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And what did Hue do to win the game? Or AJ Green? Or Tyler Eifert? Or Jeremy Hill? Or the whole damn offensive line?

Like I said, the ENTIRE OFFENSE is to blame for the loss last night. Of which Dalton is a big part of, but he's not the whole offense.

He's gonna get most of the blame. He gets most of the credit for winning, you hardly ever hear the oline or defensive line get credit.

(11-17-2015, 11:38 AM)Fresno B Wrote: He's gonna get most of the blame. He gets most of the credit for winning, you hardly ever hear the oline or defensive line get credit.

Just because he gets most of the blame, doesn't mean he deserves it. In the case of last night, he deserves a big part of it, but not all of it. If any one person deserves all the blame for last night, it has to be Hue.