Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 11:20 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Call me a moron. Dalton did nothing yesterday to win the game, nothing.

okay your a moron... dalton hit AJ in the hands he fumbled

Hit Eifert in the hands 3-4 times and he dropped them all..

Dalton was probly our leading rusher last night because no one was getting open most downs.

they are all to blame except the defense.

Those penalties and drops killed us. and hue being too cute didnt help us start

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengalfan4life27c - 11-17-2015

Dalton made mistakes but so did the rest of the offense. don't blame the defense

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 11:20 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Call me a moron. Dalton did nothing yesterday to win the game, nothing.

On the final drive he completed a 3rd and 18 and a 4th and 6 pass that put us in position to win the game....he absolutely was nails on that final drive to gear us to a win. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 11:20 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Call me a moron. Dalton did nothing yesterday to win the game, nothing.

Nothing? Please explain I'm lost. Looked as if he made some good throws. To bad he couldn't rundown and catch them his self.  Rock On

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 01:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: On the final drive he completed a 3rd and 18 and a 4th and 6 pass that put us in position to win the game....he absolutely was nails on that final drive to gear us to a win. 

Right before that 3rd and 18, Eifert had a huge drop and the line got blown up causing a sack. Dalton could've went into a shell, but he stepped up big to convert. The 4th and 6 was icing. We had the momentum and I had little doubt we were going to pull it out...until AJ fumbled.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right before that 3rd and 18, Eifert had a huge drop and the line got blown up causing a sack. Dalton could've went into a shell, but he stepped up big to convert. The 4th and 6 was icing. We had the momentum and I had little doubt we were going to pull it out...until AJ fumbled.

This year he has shown when he absolutely has to, he can turn it on. 
He was doing that last night. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right before that 3rd and 18, Eifert had a huge drop and the line got blown up causing a sack. Dalton could've went into a shell, but he stepped up big to convert. The 4th and 6 was icing. We had the momentum and I had little doubt we were going to pull it out...until AJ fumbled.

I'm certainly not going to jump all over Dalton about last night. It wasn't a great performance but he did keep coming back with another throw. The offense overall just didn't get it done and Hue's play calling didn't make a lot of sense. Houston set up with a defense that didn't overreact to the shifts, they played their lanes, played tight coverage and applied pressure. Other teams are going to watch this film again and again to see how to defense this offense.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-18-2015

(11-17-2015, 11:38 AM)Fresno B Wrote: He's gonna get most of the blame. He gets most of the credit for winning, you hardly ever hear the oline or defensive line get credit.

Except for on here..... :snark:

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 11-20-2015

Even though he's had many poor throws, I think Andy's deserved the benifit of doubt on several throws throughout his career. He's a smart player and though it's most evident this season, I believe he's had some level of leeway with audibles and that, since maybe even his Rookie year. So at some point we as fans need to trust that he may just know where the receiver(s) are suppose to be on some of these bad throws.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-21-2015

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it looked like the deep pass to Burkhead would have been complete if Rex had looked over his outside shoulder instead of turning back to the middle of the field.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it looked like the deep pass to Burkhead would have been complete if Rex had looked over his outside shoulder instead of turning back to the middle of the field.

I thought same thing Fred. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-22-2015

(11-17-2015, 12:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: okay your a moron...  dalton hit AJ in the hands he fumbled

Hit Eifert in the hands 3-4 times and he dropped them all..

Dalton was probly our leading rusher last night because no one was getting open most downs.

they are all to blame except the defense.

Those penalties and drops killed us.  and hue being too cute didnt help us start

Dalton did not do enough to win the game.

Dalton did enough to win 8 games in 2015 and continues to be among the leading NFL QB's in history for most wins in his first 5 years by doing enough.

The team did not do enough to win either and particular Eifert's drops and Green's fumble hurt our ability to win the game. I won't blame the TD catch on Jones, I will give credit to a great throw by Yates and a better catch by Hopkins. Our defense did enough to win. Our punter and offense failed us last Monday night no doubt.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Whacked - 11-22-2015

(11-22-2015, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Dalton did not do enough to win the game.

Dalton did enough to win 8 games in 2015 and continues to be among the leading NFL QB's in history for most wins in his first 5 years by doing enough.

The team did not do enough to win either and particular Eifert's drops and Green's fumble hurt our ability to win the game. I won't blame the TD catch on Jones, I will give credit to a great throw by Yates and a better catch by Hopkins. Our defense did enough to win. Our punter and offense failed us last Monday night no doubt.

Nailed it

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 11-23-2015

Dalton played okay, but the playcalling has changed since the bye, and his pre bye dominance is over (this probably has something to do with the oline falling apart, but it's a Dalton thread). He's looking more and more like 2014 as the season progresses. Not bad, but no longer in the MVP race or tops of all qb rankings.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-23-2015

(11-23-2015, 10:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton played okay, but the playcalling has changed since the bye, and his pre bye dominance is over (this probably has something to do with the oline falling apart, but it's a Dalton thread). He's looking more and more like 2014 as the season progresses. Not bad, but no longer in the MVP race or tops of all qb rankings.

Dalton threw for 317 yards and 2 TDs last night. No picks. 99.8 rating. The yardage would've been his 2nd best in 2014. The rating would've been 5th.

He wasn't quite as scorching hot as earlier this year, but it was still a damn good game. Especially considering all the pressure. If not for several drops, the numbers would've been even better.

Maybe he's falling out of the MVP chase, but he's not reverting to 2014, either.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Nately120 - 11-23-2015

(11-23-2015, 03:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe he's falling out of the MVP chase, but he's not reverting to 2014, either.

Agreed.  A 99+ passer rating with 0 INTs is going to win most games.  I realize stats don't tell the whole story, but Dalton did enough to beat most teams last night.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 11-23-2015

(11-23-2015, 03:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton threw for 317 yards and 2 TDs last night. No picks. 99.8 rating. The yardage would've been his 2nd best in 2014. The rating would've been 5th.

He wasn't quite as scorching hot as earlier this year, but it was still a damn good game. Especially considering all the pressure. If not for several drops, the numbers would've been even better.

Maybe he's falling out of the MVP chase, but he's not reverting to 2014, either.

Yeah, I don't see this as a Dalton is broken again kind of performance. The line allowed too much pressure to reach Dalton too quickly and too often while AJ Green wasn't getting very open.

Arizona is a good team. Good teams expose weak points. The question is really will we adjust? Cause other teams are going to try to do the same things to us and we have to adjust. If we don't it could be a wildcard game on the road again this year.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 11-23-2015

It's no secret our passing game's strength is when Andy is able to get the ball out quickly. That's been taken away from us the past two games. We've got to get that back so everything else can feed from on that. If we can take care of, everything else should take care of its self.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-24-2015

(11-23-2015, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  A 99+ passer rating with 0 INTs is going to win most games.  I realize stats don't tell the whole story, but Dalton did enough to beat most teams last night.

Stat wise he did good. It's just at real critical times like the end or the whole 3rd quarter he totally choked. He always sucks after half until the last drive. He still doesn't have good pocket awareness. Can't swivel his head. And some of the sacks he takes without even trying to make a play makes him seem gutless. And wtf does AJ only get 4 targets? 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 12:02 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Stat wise he did good. It's just at real critical times like the end or the whole 3rd quarter he totally choked. He always sucks after half until the last drive. He still doesn't have good pocket awareness. Can't swivel his head. And some of the sacks he takes without even trying to make a play makes him seem gutless. And wtf does AJ only get 4 targets? 

1. Stats get ripped by people who want to appear as if they know something, but stats don't lie. Or at least they don't lie as often as fans with agendas.

2. Dalton didn't choke. Palmer's first quarter was FAR worse than any quarter by Dalton. Is anyone claiming Palmer choked? If I'm not mistaken, the pressure was worse in the 3rd. It kinda made it tough to get anything going. Dalton was money in the 4th though. Isn't that the quarter that is most often associated with being "clutch"?

3. The comment about the sacks seems trollish. On some of those sacks, it would've been stupid to try to make a play. That's how INT's and fumbles happen. I'd understand if it were gradual pressure, but it was mostly free blitzers that weren't picked up or Gio getting blown up or juked out of his shoes.

4. AJ got 4 targets becaused he got owned by PP. I guess you didn't watch the game or listen to Collinsworth. He highlighted it several times.