Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 12:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Stats get ripped by people who want to appear as if they know something, but stats don't lie. Or at least they don't lie as often as fans with agendas.

2. Dalton didn't choke. Palmer's first quarter was FAR worse than any quarter by Dalton. Is anyone claiming Palmer choked? If I'm not mistaken, the pressure was worse in the 3rd. It kinda made it tough to get anything going. Dalton was money in the 4th though. Isn't that the quarter that is most often associated with being "clutch"?

3. The comment about the sacks seems trollish. On some of those sacks, it would've been stupid to try to make a play. That's how INT's and fumbles happen. I'd understand if it were gradual pressure, but it was mostly free blitzers that weren't picked up or Gio getting blown up or juked out of his shoes.

4. AJ got 4 targets becaused he got owned by PP. I guess you didn't watch the game or listen to Collinsworth. He highlighted it several times.

1. Dalton was no where to be found when the cards scored 21 straight, No answer. I'm not even sure he completed a first down during that stretch but he sucked and always does during these times.

2. Dalton's head was down the whole 3rd quarter. Palmer threw 2 ints but darn near every other throw was perfect. He choked in the 1st but shined when it counted.

3. Carson was sacked less than Dalton. Speaks volumnes. Whether it's mobility or awareness Palmer was sacked less.

4. I heard collinsworth nice and clear when he said Andy still has to learn to scan the field when Dalton didn't see AJ wide open for the td ,he beat the holding peterson.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 01:21 AM)Fresno B Wrote: 1. Dalton was no where to be found when the cards scored 21 straight, No answer. I'm not even sure he completed a first down during that stretch but he sucked and always does during these times.

2. Dalton's head was down the whole 3rd quarter. Palmer threw 2 ints but darn near every other throw was perfect. He choked in the 1st but shined when it counted.

3. Carson was sacked less than Dalton. Speaks volumnes. Whether it's mobility or awareness Palmer was sacked less.

4. I heard collinsworth nice and clear when he said Andy still has to learn to scan the field when Dalton didn't see AJ wide open for the td ,he beat the holding peterson.

1. Dalton managed to tie the game didn't he? He led the offense to 31 points on the road against a top defense, with little help on the ground and a ridiculous pass rush. He threw for the 2nd most yards in the NFL this week. 

2. Dalton also shined "when it counted". Unless you think the 3rd quarter is what counted for Dalton and the 4th is what counted for Palmer. Smh.

3. This is flat out dumb. Dalton didn't cause the sacks last night. The Cardinals brought more guys than we had blockers. Gio was taken advantage of in pass pro numerous times. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

4. He said no such thing. AJ was completely shut down last night and apparently everyone but you saw it.

Between this and your "trade Hill" rant, you're looking pretty silly tonight. Sleep it off and maybe tomorrow will be better.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 03:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Dalton managed to tie the game didn't he? He led the offense to 31 points on the road against a top defense, with little help on the ground and a ridiculous pass rush. He threw for the 2nd most yards in the NFL this week. 

2. Dalton also shined "when it counted". Unless you think the 3rd quarter is what counted for Dalton and the 4th is what counted for Palmer. Smh.

3. This is flat out dumb. Dalton didn't cause the sacks last night. The Cardinals brought more guys than we had blockers. Gio was taken advantage of in pass pro numerous times. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

4. He said no such thing. AJ was completely shut down last night and apparently everyone but you saw it.

Between this and your "trade Hill" rant, you're looking pretty silly tonight. Sleep it off and maybe tomorrow will be better.

You're being too kind......it looks a whole lot worse than silly.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 12:02 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Stat wise he did good. It's just at real critical times like the end or the whole 3rd quarter he totally choked. He always sucks after half until the last drive. He still doesn't have good pocket awareness. Can't swivel his head. And some of the sacks he takes without even trying to make a play makes him seem gutless. And wtf does AJ only get 4 targets? 

Dalton took few sacks, but I also seen him well aware and escaped far more times than not. get off the ledge man they'll be fine.  Rolleyes

(11-24-2015, 03:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Dalton managed to tie the game didn't he? He led the offense to 31 points on the road against a top defense, with little help on the ground and a ridiculous pass rush. He threw for the 2nd most yards in the NFL this week. 

Dalton did not shine when it counted. He underthrew an audible he should have never made. You look silly defending Dalton when article after article says he choked and always does. There are only a handful of people in the whole world who believe Dalton is anything above average. Congrats.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 01:21 AM)Fresno B Wrote: 1. Dalton was no where to be found when the cards scored 21 straight, No answer. I'm not even sure he completed a first down during that stretch but he sucked and always does during these times.

Our entire team played a lousy 3rd quarter as the Cardinals amped up their intensity on both sides of the ball.

Our OL got manhandled in the 3rd quarter and our QB had no time to make throws, he had no time (less than 2 seconds in a few cases) to survey the first look and zero time for a second look (option).

You comment says volumes about the sacks to Palmer and Dalton. In the 1st quarter, the Bengals defensive line was in Palmer's face hitting him and sacking him. As the game went on our DL pressure disappeared giving Palmer 3 + seconds to survey the field on most plays. On the other hand, their DL dominated us in quarter 3 and AD could get nothing done, but my blame is on the OL more than Dalton.

Dalton missed some throws so yes he could have done better. But overall, Dalton was a strength against the Cards and fought and clawed the team back in the game with his brain, hs arm and his feet.

(11-24-2015, 09:39 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Dalton took few sacks, but I also seen him well aware and escaped far more times than not. get off the ledge man they'll be fine.  Rolleyes

Blueprint for Dalton

Send the whole house and it's a wrap. Notice how it took to the last drive for them to split 5 wide to alleviate pressure. Good Qb's know this.

(11-24-2015, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our entire team played a lousy 3rd quarter as the Cardinals amped up their intensity on both sides of the ball.

Our OL got manhandled in the 3rd quarter and our QB had no time to make throws, he had no time (less than 2 seconds in a few cases) to survey the first look and zero time for a second look (option).

You comment says volumes about the sacks to Palmer and Dalton. In the 1st quarter, the Bengals defensive line was in Palmer's face hitting him and sacking him. As the game went on our DL pressure disappeared giving Palmer 3 + seconds to survey the field on most plays. On the other hand, their DL dominated us in quarter 3 and AD could get nothing done, but my blame is on the OL more than Dalton.

Dalton missed some throws so yes he could have done better. But overall, Dalton was a strength against the Cards and fought and clawed the team back in the game with his brain, hs arm and his feet.
I remember the annoucers pointing how Carson makes subtle moves in the pocket to buy time. That has a lot to do with it. And I'm sick of people saying the whole team played bad. If your QB is playing bad, how is it possible for a receiver to shine?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 11:27 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton did not shine when it counted. He underthrew an audible he should have never made. You look silly defending Dalton when article after article says he choked and always does. There are only a handful of people in the whole world who believe Dalton is anything above average. Congrats.

Your such a troll... Why do you hate on dalton so much when if you actually watched the game you could see he didnt even have 2 seconds to throw the ball most of the time. If you hate it so much just leave.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 11:27 AM)Fresno B Wrote:  There are only a handful of people in the whole world who believe Dalton is anything above average. 

:troll:

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Tiger Teeth - 11-24-2015

Man, talk about someone going off the deep end. I guess 8 - 2 just doesn't cut it for some people. :snark:

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Junglejuice - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 12:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Man, talk about someone going off the deep end.  I guess 8 - 2 just doesn't cut it for some people.   :snark:

Seasons over dude... we lost by 3pts to another Superbowl contending team on the road.
We are 8-2 :angry:                                 Didn't you get the memo???   Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 11:36 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I remember the annoucers pointing how Carson makes subtle moves in the pocket to buy time. That has a lot to do with it. And I'm sick of people saying the whole team played bad. If your QB is playing bad, how is it possible for a receiver to shine?

Did you watch this game?

Seriously, in the past AD warranted criticism.

This game, he played very well overall and even the experts are saying AD played well.

Our defense had a very bad 4th quarter and a very bad final minute of the game.

We lost to a very good team, it was Palmer who threw 2 picks, had a fumble and could have easily been picked 4 times, nit Dalton. My point is CP was far from perfect and his team barely won a tight game.

I just don't see how anyone could bash AD after that game that actually took their fan hat off and watched it objectively.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just don't see how anyone could bash AD after that game that actually took their fan hat off and watched it objectively.

He is trolling.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 11-24-2015

Okay maybe I was a little harsh with the 2014 reference after rewatching the game. However Dalton's deep ball (out of bounds a number of times 2 weeks in a row, underthrows, overthrows), pocket presence, and downfield passing attack has fallen off after the bye. Some of the key's people pointed out that represented the "change" in him. The Oline, dink and donk playcalling, and drops hasn't helped, but there is a change in play/confidence after the bye. Well see as the season concludes if he's lost his mojo completely.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Okay maybe I was a little harsh with the 2014 reference after rewatching the game. However Dalton's deep ball (out of bounds a number of times 2 weeks in a row, underthrows, overthrows), pocket presence, and downfield passing attack has fallen off after the bye. Some of the key's people pointed out that represented the "change" in him. The Oline, dink and donk playcalling, and drops hasn't helped, but there is a change in play/confidence after the bye. Well see as the season concludes if he's lost his mojo completely.

well hes lost his clean pocket which will disrupte the deep ball.

(11-24-2015, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Okay maybe I was a little harsh with the 2014 reference after rewatching the game. However Dalton's deep ball (out of bounds a number of times 2 weeks in a row, underthrows, overthrows), pocket presence, and downfield passing attack has fallen off after the bye. Some of the key's people pointed out that represented the "change" in him. The Oline, dink and donk playcalling, and drops hasn't helped, but there is a change in play/confidence after the bye.  Well see as the season concludes if he's lost his mojo completely.

The Cardinals have the #3 pass efficiency defense in the league (76.9) and allow 228.7 yards per game.

Dalton just put up 315 yards and a 99.8 rating against them including a perfect 40 yard pass that he dropped right into Greens hands.

If that is "losing his mojo" then I can certainly live with it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 12:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Man, talk about someone going off the deep end.  I guess 8 - 2 just doesn't cut it for some people.   :snark:

This guy has been waiting all year to come up with this shit! LOL

(11-24-2015, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well hes lost his clean pocket which will disrupte the deep ball.

True. The pocket is no longer there as much so you see him bailing out of the pocket a lot. Are all instances necessary tho, or is he seeing pressure that may not be there some now that he's been harassed a lot the last couple weeks?

(11-24-2015, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cardinals have the #3 pass efficiency defense in the league (76.9) and allow 228.7 yards per game.

Dalton just put up 315 yards and a 99.8 rating against them including a perfect 40 yard pass that he dropped right into Greens hands.

If that is "losing his mojo" then I can certainly live with it.

He's had good statistical games before this season. So that's not what people pointed out when they said he's a changed qb. It's the details that the eye test reflects. Sure he dropped a "perfect" pass in Greens hands, but what about his other deep balls that have gone out of bounds a lot recently? I can't say his deep ball accuracy is what it was pre bye.