Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 11:36 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I remember the annoucers pointing how Carson makes subtle moves in the pocket to buy time. That has a lot to do with it. And I'm sick of people saying the whole team played bad. If your QB is playing bad, how is it possible for a receiver to shine?

(11-24-2015, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's had good statistical games before this season. So that's not what people pointed out when they said he's a changed qb. It's the details that the eye test reflects. Sure he dropped a "perfect" pass in Greens hands, but what about his other deep balls that have gone out of bounds a lot recently?

Gonna have to rep you for wording that perfectly. This is why Dalton isn't clutch. He may throw 300 yards a game but when all is on the line he falters. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's had good statistical games before this season. So that's not what people pointed out when they said he's a changed qb. It's the details that the eye test reflects. Sure he dropped a "perfect" pass in Greens hands, but what about his other deep balls that have gone out of bounds a lot recently? I can't say his deep ball accuracy is what it was pre bye.

Against the Texans he made a great deep pass that Burkehead could have caught if he had looked over his outside shoulder instead of turning back toward the middle of the field.

Even the best QBs in the league only complete a very low percentage of deep passes.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 03:06 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Gonna have to rep you for wording that perfectly. This is why Dalton isn't clutch. He may throw 300 yards a game but when all is on the line he falters. 

like the ravens game the seahawks game and the steelers games this year? or even the texans game during that final drive... yep andy falters with the game on the line?

hahahaha your logic is so bad its funny.

(11-24-2015, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: like the ravens game the seahawks game and the steelers games this year? or even the texans game during that final drive... yep andy falters with the game on the line?

hahahaha your logic is so bad its funny.

No. Like the 4 previous playoffs and Sunday night football. Or the Thursday night against the browns. Difference between me and you is I don't let good games here and there sway my logic like you do. My opinion is way more popular than yours around the league. Bengal forums is the only place you'll see great and Dalton used together so much.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 03:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No. Like the 4 previous playoffs and Sunday night football. Or the Thursday night against the browns. Difference between me and you is I don't let good games here and there sway my logic like you do. My opinion is way more popular than yours around the league. Bengal forums is the only place you'll see great and Dalton used together so much.

No you just let bad games here and there sway your opinion. 

And by just about every announcer who has watched him this year. 

(11-24-2015, 03:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No you just let bad games here and there sway your opinion. 

And by just about every announcer who has watched him this year. 

0-4 playoffs = not clutch

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 04:02 PM)Fresno B Wrote: 0-4 playoffs = not clutch

So you are admitting to using a small sample size while chastising others for doing the same?
Just want to be clear that you are admitting to being a hypocrite. 

(11-24-2015, 04:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So you are admitting to using a small sample size while chastising others for doing the same?
Just want to be clear that you are admitting to being a hypocrite. 

Dude stop it. Dalton isn't clutch and I'm not going to argue about it. Troll somewhere else.

(11-24-2015, 04:07 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Dude stop it. Dalton isn't clutch and I'm not going to argue about it. Troll somewhere else.

Aww little baby doesn't like being outed as a troll. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 03:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote:  My opinion is way more popular than yours around the league. 

No it isn't.

(11-24-2015, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.

Yes it is. The Bengals are the only fans who speak so highly of Dalton. Darn near everyone else thinks he choked. Read around. Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 11:27 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton did not shine when it counted. He underthrew an audible he should have never made. You look silly defending Dalton when article after article says he choked and always does. There are only a handful of people in the whole world who believe Dalton is anything above average. Congrats.

According to Pro Football Reference's web site, Dalton is 14th among active QBs in game winning drives. EVERY SINGLE QB with more than Dalton has been in the league longer by at least 2 years.

Since he came into the league in 2011, only Tony Romo and Matt Ryan have more game winning drives (and Matt Stafford has the same amount).

Dalton does not always choke. In fact, outside of the playoffs, he rarely does.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's had good statistical games before this season. So that's not what people pointed out when they said he's a changed qb. It's the details that the eye test reflects. Sure he dropped a "perfect" pass in Greens hands, but what about his other deep balls that have gone out of bounds a lot recently? I can't say his deep ball accuracy is what it was pre bye.

All year long, his deep ball down the right sideline has been bad. Middle to left he's been on.

(11-24-2015, 03:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote:  I don't let good games here and there sway my logic like you do.

Dalton has had more good games than bad games.

C'mon troll boy you got to do better than that.  At least give me a challenge.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 04:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: According to Pro Football Reference's web site, Dalton is 14th among active QBs in game winning drives. EVERY SINGLE QB with more than Dalton has been in the league longer by at least 2 years.

Since he came into the league in 2011, only Tony Romo and Matt Ryan have more game winning drives (and Matt Stafford has the same amount).

Dalton does not always choke. In fact, outside of the playoffs, he rarely does.

Aaron Rodgers is the one that chokes, more often than not, in game ending situations.

(11-24-2015, 04:21 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yes it is. The Bengals are the only fans who speak so highly of Dalton. Darn near everyone else thinks he choked. Read around. Ninja

I follow the national media closely.

They all consider Dalton to be among elite QBs this year.

Where are you getting your info.  What national media source claims that dalton is a below average QB.  What source claims he choked?  

When you troll you at least need something to back up your claim.  You are pretty weak at this.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 04:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is the one that chokes, more often than not, in game ending situations.

Aaron Rodgers has been in the league since 2005 and has only 13 game winning drives (Dalton is currently at 17), though to be fair, Rodgers didn't play for, what, 3 years (?) because of some guy with a girl's first name. Ninja

(11-24-2015, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I follow the national media closely.

They all consider Dalton to be among elite QBs this year.

Where are you getting your info.  What national media source claims that dalton is a below average QB.  What source claims he choked?  

When you troll you at least need something to back up your claim.  You are pretty weak at this.

Show me something dated today or later that states Dalton is up there with the elites. Everyone was high on him earlier this year. But all I have read so far is how he needs to take it to the next level.

(11-24-2015, 04:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Show me something dated today or later that states Dalton is up there with the elites. Everyone was high on him earlier this year. But all I have read so far is how he needs to take it to the next level.

You can not provide one credible link to a source that says Dalton is not good anymore because of his game against the Cardinals.

You've got nothing.  

(11-24-2015, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can not provide one credible link to a source that says Dalton is not good anymore because of his game against the Cardinals.

You've got nothing.  

You think I base this on the Cards game?  Hilarious