Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 05:08 PM)Fresno B Wrote: You think I base this on the Cards game?  Hilarious

You base it on nothing but a desire to troll.

Still waiting for a link.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You base it on nothing but a desire to troll.

Still waiting for a link.

:troll:

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 05:17 PM)Fresno B Wrote: :troll:

So you admit defeat?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you admit defeat?

Yeah. Dalton is great. Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 04:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Show me something dated today or later that states Dalton is up there with the elites. Everyone was high on him earlier this year. But all I have read so far is how he needs to take it to the next level.

No one's talking about QBs today, but here are 3 from less than a week ago (before the Card's game but AFTER the Texans game).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000583321/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-from-1-to-32
Dalton ranked 6th

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590579-chris-simms-qb-power-rankings-for-nfl-week-11
Dalton ranked 5th

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-quarterback-power-rankings-week-11-2015-11
Dalton ranked 4th

Do you like to be proven wrong time and again? 'Cause I'll keep doing it if you want me to. ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rhinocero23 - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 05:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No one's talking about QBs today, but here are 3 from less than a week ago (before the Card's game but AFTER the Texans game).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000583321/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-from-1-to-32
Dalton ranked 6th

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590579-chris-simms-qb-power-rankings-for-nfl-week-11
Dalton ranked 5th

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-quarterback-power-rankings-week-11-2015-11
Dalton ranked 4th

Do you like to be proven wrong time and again? 'Cause I'll keep doing it if you want me to. ThumbsUp
lol...the business insider? Wow!
I mean the other two are credible but the business insider...lol.
BTW Elite is #1 #2 or #3. (top 10%) However Dalton is having a great year no doubt about it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2015

My....seeing a lot of recently unfamiliar faces around here this week. Smirk

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rhinocero23 - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 07:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: My....seeing a lot of recently unfamiliar faces around here this week. Smirk

missed you too Wyche...I told my wife that I felt I would jinx the boys if I started posting again while they were winning. 

At the beginning of the season I said a prayer to the football Gods that as long as the Bengals were winning I would not divulge in my sinful past time of posting on here. I kept true to my word even by one more loss than promised. Then even with my unbelievable sacrifice the football gods did not support our mighty Bengals. 

I will admit I have been on the board reading daily...I am like an addict. The team is doing great but it became evident that my posting or lack thereof had nothing with them winning or losing. I was starting to take a lot of credit for the 8-0 start....lol.

The team is in great shape for a postseason run. This is the Dalton tread so to stay germaine with the topic I will say that He is playing very very well! I have been a harsh critic of the guy but I like what I see this year.

Thanks for noticing my absence...you are the best!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 07:00 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...the business insider? Wow!
I mean the other two are credible but the business insider...lol.
BTW Elite is #1 #2 or #3. (top 10%) However Dalton is having a great year no doubt about it.

Hey, I was trying to get as recent as I can. If I had ESPN Insider, I may have been able to see if THEY had a recent QB ranking.

The objective was to show that he was "up there with the elites", not that he was considered elite. If elite is 1 through 3 and he's ranked 4 through 6, then I'd say he's up there with the elites.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-25-2015

(11-24-2015, 07:26 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: missed you too Wyche...I told my wife that I felt I would jinx the boys if I started posting again while they were winning. 

At the beginning of the season I said a prayer to the football Gods that as long as the Bengals were winning I would not divulge in my sinful past time of posting on here. I kept true to my word even by one more loss than promised. Then even with my unbelievable sacrifice the football gods did not support our mighty Bengals. 

I will admit I have been on the board reading daily...I am like an addict. The team is doing great but it became evident that my posting or lack thereof had nothing with them winning or losing. I was starting to take a lot of credit for the 8-0 start....lol.

The team is in great shape for a postseason run. This is the Dalton tread so to stay germaine with the topic I will say that He is playing very very well! I have been a harsh critic of the guy but I like what I see this year.

Thanks for noticing my absence...you are the best!

You're welcome....but don't get too chummy....it isn't just you. LOL

There's still issues that need cleaned up across the board....AD included....but unlike some (not you)....I'm not a bit concerned over Sunday. I'm actually relieved they showed up after MNF. Welcome back.....I think? Smirk

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - The Caped Crusader - 11-29-2015

(11-24-2015, 07:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: My....seeing a lot of recently unfamiliar faces around here this week. Smirk

You mean whiners...because that's all that is really ever here. At 8-0 we had OMG BEST TEAM EVER. SUPER BOWL. I GOT MY MONEY READY. GO BENGALZZ

Now it's...WE SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT MCCAROON. THIS TEAM IS GOING IN DA TUBEEZZ. WE TERRIBUL

Yes, all those annoying spelling issues were on purpose. Nothing but whining. This team goes 8-2 and everyone starts crying a river. Get over it. We lost a BS game to the Texans, a fluke game that nobody on the team took seriously. We played our hearts out (minus third quarter) against a great Football team in their stadium on prime time. 

Only Cincinnati fans can have a team go 8-2 and find a way to cry and whine about every little thing. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 05:36 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: You mean whiners...because that's all that is really ever here. At 8-0 we had OMG BEST TEAM EVER. SUPER BOWL. I GOT MY MONEY READY. GO BENGALZZ

Now it's...WE SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT MCCAROON. THIS TEAM IS GOING IN DA TUBEEZZ. WE TERRIBUL

Yes, all those annoying spelling issues were on purpose. Nothing but whining. This team goes 8-2 and everyone starts crying a river. Get over it. We lost a BS game to the Texans, a fluke game that nobody on the team took seriously. We played our hearts out (minus third quarter) against a great Football team in their stadium on prime time. 

Only Cincinnati fans can have a team go 8-2 and find a way to cry and whine about every little thing. 

Meh. I think you're overreacting just a smidge. The McCarron thread was clearly a joke and I think overall the fan base is still feeling pretty positive. Of course, you're always going to have a few that are over the top negative, but lets be honest, there aren't many people bitching and there's no reason to start with the tired (and lame) fan bashing.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 11:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I think you're overreacting just a smidge. The McCarron thread was clearly a joke and I think overall the fan base is still feeling pretty positive. Of course, you're always going to have a few that are over the top negative, but lets be honest, there aren't many people bitching and there's no reason to start with the tired (and lame) fan bashing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Actually so far it has been a tough year for the half full glass fans

The Bengals have a shot at a very special regular season so I am trying to enjoy it

We have eliminated the Ravens and the Browns by week 11 and have a 3 game lead plus a head to head win plus a 3-0 AFCN record versus the Steelers 1-2 so the north is getting close to a lock. The road game against the Browns is big as can go to 4-0 in the north and 11-2 overall

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 11-30-2015

Andy made a few really poor decisions and throws today.

First off, his interception was a no brainer scramble play. He was trying to get too much.

The other I can think of was the attempted bullet into Jake Fisher in the back of the endzone. Bad Decision! We were lucky it wasn't picked off as well.

Andy needs to be careful, I feel that sometimes he gets complacent.

Overall, a good game, but he needs to tighten some things up moving forward.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-30-2015

Good grief. We have a QB in the middle of an MVP caliber season (on pace for 4300+ yards, 33 TD's, 9 INTs, 105.3 rating) coming off a 31-7 win with 3 TDs and a 121.4 rating, and people are claiming he needs to "tighten things up".

QB's sometimes make poor decisions...even during great performances. We saw that last week when Palmer threw for 4 TDs...and 2 really dumb INT's. Same with Pig Ben against the Seahawks today. He also threw 2 dumb picks. I doubt their fans are saying they need to "tighten things up" though.

Good/great QBs will make poor decisions sometimes. It happens. Thankfully, Dalton makes very few poor decisions these days.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 11-30-2015

I don't think I'm out of line for pointing out some obvious bonehead throws he made in his last game. I'm not saying he should be crucified for it, just surprised he is trying to needle passes in the redzone to offensive lineman.

Shake, all I'm saying is you can't make those risky throws against teams like the Carolina Panthers.. who we will hopefully be playing in the super bowl!  Tongue  Just things to work on going forward.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Luvnit2 - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 03:52 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't think I'm out of line for pointing out some obvious bonehead throws he made in his last game. I'm not saying he should be crucified for it, just surprised he is trying to needle passes in the redzone to offensive lineman.

Shake, all I'm saying is you can't make those risky throws against teams like the Carolina Panthers.. who we will hopefully be playing in the super bowl!  Tongue  Just things to work on going forward.

Elway made 2 bad throws on "the Drive" many years ago in the AFC championship game. Both were easy picks and dropped, both would have ended the game and the Browns would have gone on to the Super Bowl versus the Broncos.

Like was said earlier, great QB's made bad throws and make bad decisions.

I have watched so many games over the years I have lost count, but it seems a lot of the game winning TD drives by teams has at least one play where a defender drops a pick. It is rare for a QB to go through a game, throw 35 to 40 times and not have one or two bad decisions.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 11-30-2015

5 more games left, but It's becoming safer and safer to say Dalton has had a career year, and doesn't look to suffer a steep decline to close out the regular season.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: 5 more games left, but It's becoming safer and safer to say Dalton has had a career year, and doesn't look to suffer a steep decline to close out the regular season.

But ... but ... but he's only 1-2 in his last 3 games!!! Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-30-2015

Dalton has now passed Marino and Brady for most wins in his first 5 seasons... to move to 4th on the list