Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 11:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Elway made 2 bad throws on "the Drive" many years ago in the AFC championship game. Both were easy picks and dropped, both would have ended the game and the Browns would have gone on to the Super Bowl versus the Broncos.

Like was said earlier, great QB's made bad throws and make bad decisions.

I have watched so many games over the years I have lost count, but it seems a lot of the game winning TD drives by teams has at least one play where a defender drops a pick. It is rare for a QB to go through a game, throw 35 to 40 times and not have one or two bad decisions.

When I was in 6th grade I had an F in my English class. My mother was angry, and I told her "but, the other kids have F's too!". My mom said "I don't care about the other little boys and girls in your class, I only care about you."

I feel the same with Dalton. IDC if Elway had 2 bad throws on "the Drive" or if Tom Brady throws bad throws now and then. I'm simply stating that there were some ill advised throws that he made during the game. Not saying he isn't a top 3 QB this year, just that he needs to be careful at times. There is no reason to force throws when controlling a game the way we were yesterday, that's all.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 01:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When I was in 6th grade I had an F in my English class. My mother was angry, and I told her "but, the other kids have F's too!". My mom said "I don't care about the other little boys and girls in your class, I only care about you."

I feel the same with Dalton. IDC if Elway had 2 bad throws on "the Drive" or if Tom Brady throws bad throws now and then. I'm simply stating that there were some ill advised throws that he made during the game. Not saying he isn't a top 3 QB this year, just that he needs to be careful at times. There is no reason to force throws when controlling a game the way we were yesterday, that's all.

Got a bit greedy.... OR missed his intent to get it out of bound

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 11-30-2015

(11-29-2015, 11:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I think you're overreacting just a smidge. The McCarron thread was clearly a joke and I think overall the fan base is still feeling pretty positive. Of course, you're always going to have a few that are over the top negative, but lets be honest, there aren't many people bitching and there's no reason to start with the tired (and lame) fan bashing.

This ^^^^^ the Mc c thread was clearly sarcastic. Most I've seen have been positive. There is always the 2-3 that's gonna bash the team. Take good with the bad. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: 5 more games left, but It's becoming safer and safer to say Dalton has had a career year, and doesn't look to suffer a steep decline to close out the regular season.

Good Post

(11-24-2015, 04:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Show me something dated today or later that states Dalton is up there with the elites. Everyone was high on him earlier this year. But all I have read so far is how he needs to take it to the next level.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/25/pro-top-10-nfl-quarterbacks-entering-week-12/

Rolleyes Rock On

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 02:54 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: This ^^^^^ the Mc c thread was clearly sarcastic. Most I've seen have been positive. There is always the 2-3 that's gonna bash the team. Take good with the bad. 

for a minute i thought i missed something good when he was in lol

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 12-02-2015

(11-30-2015, 03:01 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/25/pro-top-10-nfl-quarterbacks-entering-week-12/

Rolleyes Rock On

Great, but do you think he's elite? Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 01:08 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Great, but do you think he's elite? Ninja

Don't think I said he was elite. With that said do you not think he's a top 5/10 quarterback the way he's playing this season? I sure do!!!  Rock On

Also I just provided a link you ask for. If that hurts your argument sorry,but pro football focus thinks he's top 5. So that begs the question of is he playing elite? These numbers says he is. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 08:57 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Don't think I said he was elite. With that said do you not think he's a top 5/10 quarterback the way he's playing this season? I sure do!!!  Rock On

Also I just provided a link you ask for. If that hurts your argument  sorry,but pro football focus thinks he's top 5. So that begs the question of is he playing elite? These numbers says he is. 

Pretty much what I took from it..... Smirk

(12-02-2015, 08:57 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Don't think I said he was elite. With that said do you not think he's a top 5/10 quarterback the way he's playing this season? I sure do!!!  Rock On

Also I just provided a link you ask for. If that hurts your argument  sorry,but pro football focus thinks he's top 5. So that begs the question of is he playing elite? These numbers says he is. 

Is he elite or not? Simple question. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 11:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Is he elite or not? Simple question. 

This season? Yes he's playing elite, or that's what I'm seeing and taking from his stats. Guess it's open for opinions. Is flacco elite? I don't think he is,but media labeled him elite after his play off run. 

Do you think he's playing where they have him listed among other quarter backs? You pried me for an answer let's see what you think. 

(12-02-2015, 12:18 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Do you think he's playing where they have him listed among other quarter backs? You pried me for an answer let's see what you think. 

Yeah. He's playing pretty good this year. I dont care about list but by my eye test, he's about number 5 thus far into the season. Imo, elites shine in primetime and will their teams to victory. All elite qb have postseason victories also.

(12-02-2015, 01:43 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yeah. He's playing pretty good this year. I dont care about list but by my eye test, he's about number 5 thus far into the season. Imo, elites shine in primetime and will their teams to victory. All elite qb have postseason victories also.

Fair enough,I agree with the post season thing, but I think they will get that monkey  off their backs. Really can't pin the blame  on him in either losses. Houston he had no help he played well enough to win and Dalton lead us back to tie the game up in Arizona  Rock On

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 01:43 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yeah. He's playing pretty good this year. I dont care about list but by my eye test, he's about number 5 thus far into the season. Imo, elites shine in primetime and will their teams to victory. All elite qb have postseason victories also.

Ya but, things like Osweiler beating Brady DO happen.

Brady is elite, he should have 'willed' his team to victory no?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 12-02-2015

Would everyone be happy if Dalton ended the season with a passer rating in the 90's..... Or would that represent there was a drop of late in the season? Low 90's.... (which I think we would have took going into the season).

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 03:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Would everyone be happy if Dalton ended the season with a passer rating in the 90's..... Or would that represent there was a drop of late in the season? Low 90's.... (which I think we would have took going into the season).

Happy? eh.
Standards and expectations change. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 12-02-2015

(09-12-2015, 09:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's finally arrived!  Ninja

The long-awaited, much anticipated thread to post anything and everything about the most polarizing QB in the NFL.

It was discussed many times on the old board and a few times here...sometimes in jest, and sometimes for real. Then I saw it brought up again in Fred's thread...so what the hell, let's actually do it.

With the season starting tomorrow, there's no better time to give it a try and see how it goes. Hopefully, instead of starting thread, after thread, after thread about AD...members can contain (at least the majority of) their love, hate, praise, criticism and analysis in this one official, super-duper, thread to end all threads! LOL

Will it work? Maybe not, but what the hell...it should at least be interesting.
 Confused 
Cool Dalton's having a good year, his best so far. But he sucks in the playoffs, remember?? That said, he's still a little jittery in the pocket and surrenders (he's soft) to defenders way too easily. I'm starting to like the guy, but still not a 100% sold on him. I have a feeling he'll find a way to muck it up in the post season. Hence, I'm not buying tickets!

Go Andy..Go!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 12-02-2015

No, Andy's not elite! He needs post season wins. End of story.

(12-02-2015, 04:11 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Cool Dalton's having a good year, his best so far. But he sucks in the playoffs, remember?? That said, he's still a little jittery in the pocket and surrenders (he's soft) to defenders way too easily. I'm starting to like the guy, but still not a 100% sold on him. I have a feeling he'll find a way to muck it up in the post season. Hence, I'm not buying tickets!

Go Andy..Go!

Sorry you feel that way. I tend to think Andy and company gets that play off bug gone this year. Sure hope your feeling is gas. J/k I had too.  LOL All joking aside I see why you feel that, I was to in early September. Yes I have been drinking the kool aid