Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:37 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Most likely bullied off the boards for having a contrasting opinion. Now they feel free to post without ridicule.

Violin

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 12-14-2015

He was, but all that is over for him. Unfortunate end to what was shaping up to be a career changing (from a perception standpoint) year for him.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-14-2015

After watching McCarron throw a pick 6, it reminded me how devastating those kinds of things can be.

Props to Dalton for not throwing a pick 6 all year. I think that really emphasized how his game had changed. Pick 6's are killers.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:40 AM)Fresno B Wrote: What is a Dalton hater?

Someone that thinks Dalton is not a good QB when the evidence suggests otherwise.

AND/OR

Someone that thinks another QB - especially one with virtually 0 NFL experience - should start over Dalton.

There's a guy ... I think his name is Fresca D or something ... he's a perfect example of a Dalton hater. Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone that thinks Dalton is not a good QB when the evidence suggests otherwise.

AND/OR

Someone that thinks another QB - especially one with virtually 0 NFL experience - should start over Dalton.

There's a guy ... I think his name is Fresca D or something ... he's a perfect example of a Dalton hater. Ninja
LOL

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone that thinks Dalton is not a good QB when the evidence suggests otherwise.

AND/OR

That Fresca D sucks Hilarious

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - TSwigZ - 12-14-2015

He doesn't need surgery!!!!!!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 04:41 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: He doesn't need surgery!!!!!!!

You didn't read this on the onion did you?

I kid, I kid Smirk

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - THE Bigzoman - 12-14-2015

You have to wonder whether or not he will regress.

Honestly, given his level of play this year, he could regress and still win a playoff game.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 06:22 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You have to wonder whether or not he will regress.

Honestly, given his level of play this year, he could regress and still win a playoff game.

Still has to do it though. It's the elephant in the room no one in the Bengals building wants to talk about, but it's on everyone's mind. The Steelers players even bring it up.

My concern presently is that the team will start Dalton before he's actually healthy enough to throw an accurate ball with that broken throwing thumb.

The best scenario for this team is for McCarron to win some games and play well enough that the team doesn't feel like it needs to bring Dalton back too quickly. That would be the best case for the Bengals as a team.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 08:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Still has to do it though. It's the elephant in the room no one in the Bengals building wants to talk about, but it's on everyone's mind. The Steelers players even bring it up.

My concern presently is that the team will start Dalton before he's actually healthy enough to throw an accurate ball with that broken throwing thumb.

The best scenario for this team is for McCarron to win some games and play well enough that the team doesn't feel like it needs to bring Dalton back too quickly. That would be the best case for the Bengals as a team.

How would you like this scenario: McCarron plays well enough for the Bengals to get the #2 seed and first round bye. McCarron and the Bengals win their first playoff game. McCarron and the Bengals win the AFCCG and head to the Super Bowl. Dalton comes back to start for the Bengals in the Super Bowl. Dalton's chance at winning his first ever playoff game will be the Super Bowl.

And the Bengals win the whole enchilada (or chimichanga if you're a Deadpool fan) with Dalton at QB

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How would you like this scenario: McCarron plays well enough for the Bengals to get the #2 seed and first round bye. McCarron and the Bengals win their first playoff game. McCarron and the Bengals win the AFCCG and head to the Super Bowl. Dalton comes back to start for the Bengals in the Super Bowl. Dalton's chance at winning his first ever playoff game will be the Super Bowl.

And the Bengals win the whole enchilada (or chimichanga if you're a Deadpool fan) with Dalton at QB

No way do you put anyone in but AJM. The Bengals play for championships not emotions.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 12-15-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:53 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No way do you put anyone in but AJM. The Bengals play for championships not emotions.

Actually if the Bengals played for championships then they would play whichever QB was better.

Only someone blinded by hatred of Dalton would stick with AJM even if he was not playing as well as Dalton was capable of.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually if the Bengals played for championships then they would play whichever QB was better.

Only someone blinded by hatred of Dalton would stick with AJM even if he was not playing as well as Dalton was capable of.

.....fred.....you're feeding it again.... Tongue

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually if the Bengals played for championships then they would play whichever QB was better.

That wasn't the question. Stay on topic.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 12-15-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:53 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No way do you put anyone in but AJM. The Bengals play for championships not emotions
So Dalton who is considered the better QB, having a top 5 QB year.. if he is totally healthy and you agree AJM should play the Super Bowl than you my friend are deciding on emotions and not championships.  Wink

(12-15-2015, 02:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So Dalton who is considered the better QB, having a top 5 QB year.. if he is totally healthy and you agree AJM should play the Super Bowl than you my friend are deciding on emotions and not championships.  Wink

If AJM gets us to the superbowl it's only fair. Can you imagine Dalton coming in and losing after McCarron gets us there. Riots would kick off.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 01:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: That wasn't the question. Stay on topic.

You say play McCarron on matter now bad he performs.

I say play the QB who is performing the best.

You are basing your opinion on emotions and a deep seated jealousy of Andy Dalton.

I am basing my oppinion on who gives us the best chance to win.

(12-15-2015, 02:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: If AJM gets us to the superbowl it's only fair.

It depends on how he plays.

Boomer Esiason "got us to a Super Bowl" by completing completing just 18 of 39 passes for 202 yards in two playoff games.  If the Bengals win with McCarron playing that poorly do you still start him over a health Dalton in the Super Bowl?

(12-15-2015, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You say play McCarron on matter now bad he performs.

I say play the QB who is performing the best.

You are basing your opinion on emotions and a deep seated jealousy of Andy Dalton.

I am basing my oppinion on who gives us the best chance to win.

Question 1: How or why am I "jealous" of AD?

Question 2: If AJM leads us to the bowl how could Dalton be the hotter hand. How would we find out?