Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 12-16-2015

It's fine to root for McCarron, but it's lame to kick Dalton while he's down. Good thing is many of the usual suspects haven't done so, but there's always that one...

A neg rep from someone in the neg has to be considered a positive.....right?!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 01:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So next offseason do we send dalton thru some tackle drills?  just a few...

I actually thought he had pretty good form....

Head up, went low, tried to wrap his arms around the defender...

Might need to teach a few of our DB's and LB's the ropes lol.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 12-17-2015

Excellent form, just wrong shoulder. It's always a risk for qb's but Dalton has made some spectacular tackles on interceptions (he's had plenty of practice). It's a prideful thing and nothing wrong with it. I respect Luck for it cause he'll knife in an make the tackle when he throws one.

Dalton just has to use his non throwing shoulder if he's going to make a hit, and hope it's not a 300lb Dlineman that has the ball.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Vas Deferens - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Excellent form, just wrong shoulder. It's always a risk for qb's but Dalton has made some spectacular tackles on interceptions (he's had plenty of practice). It's a prideful thing and nothing wrong with it. I respect Luck for it cause he'll knife in an make the tackle when he throws one.

Dalton just has to use his non throwing shoulder if he's going to make a hit, and hope it's not a 300lb Dlineman that has the ball.

This was the best tackle I've seen him make.  Can't find a GIF of it for some reason.

[Image: Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Jacksonville+Jaguar...Gt6e3l.jpg]

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:27 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This was the best tackle I've seen him make.  Can't find a GIF of it for some reason.

[Image: Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Jacksonville+Jaguar...Gt6e3l.jpg]

There was a tackle, im not sure what season it was, where Dalton threw a pick at about the 5 yard line and tackled the guy at the 2. The defense continued on to hold the opposing team to only a field goal. I respect a QB that will put his health on the line to save the team 4 points. I give Dalton kudos last Sunday even if he did get hurt in the process.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 04:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There was a tackle, im not sure what season it was, where Dalton threw a pick at about the 5 yard line and tackled the guy at the 2. The defense continued on to hold the opposing team to only a field goal. I respect a QB that will put his health on the line to save the team 4 points. I give Dalton kudos last Sunday even if he did get hurt in the process.

Gotta give him credit, he's a pretty tough hombre.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CageTheBengal - 12-18-2015

I really hope Dalton will come back to knock off some rust in week 17. Baltimore is the perfect doormat for him to get in some time before playoffs begin.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 02:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I really hope Dalton will come back to knock off some rust in week 17. Baltimore is the perfect doormat for him to get in some time before playoffs begin.

I remember thinking that about Balt a few years ago and Dalton threw 4 ints. Wasn't the best way to go into the playoffs.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CageTheBengal - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 03:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I remember thinking that about Balt a few years ago and Dalton threw 4 ints. Wasn't the best way to go into the playoffs.

In a normal year I'd take Baltimore more seriously but this year they are a joke. So I'm gonna enjoy it. LOL

I'd rather have Andy get his feet wet and play like a turd in Week 17 instead of a playoff game.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 04:13 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: In a normal year I'd take Baltimore more seriously but this year they are a joke. So I'm gonna enjoy it. LOL

I'd rather have Andy get his feet wet and play like a turd in Week 17 instead of a playoff game.

For sure, I can't name one starter past Matt Schaub, and that isn't a good thing lol. It's funny, just a few weeks ago we were talking about sitting starters for that game, now we want the starters to get their feet wet. Funny how quickly things change in the NFL.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 12-23-2015

I have a hypothetical.

Say AJ defeats the Bronco's, propelling us to our first championship.

Would/should the front office keep both QB's for next season?

What if AJ gets us to the SB, but loses?

AFCG?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - TexasorBusted - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 09:43 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I have a hypothetical.

AFCG?

If McCarron gets to the Super Bowl win or lose, then get draft picks for Dalton (minimum 2 first round draft picks). Then solidify the roster with the extra cap space money and draft picks. If no one bites, then keep Dalton and have a true QB competition in 2016.

If McCarron gets to the AFC Championship Game and loses, then try to trade McCarron for draft picks (minimum 1 first round draft pick). If no one bites, then keep McCarron and have a true QB competition in 2016.

Even if McCarron "only" wins a playoff game, the Bengals are playing with house money.

Also if McCarron is "Dilfer-ing" his way to wins and no one bites on McCarron for draft picks, then revert back to Dalton as the starter and McCarron as backup. Of course a QB competition should still occur.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 12-23-2015

AFCG?

I don't see any reason to get rid of either QB presently. McCarron still has a lot to prove. Dalton was having his best year after 4 inconsistent season, but he did improve and take the next step. So you have to give the edge to Dalton just for that.

Really don't see that McCarron takes the same step as Dalton over the next few games. That would be a near miracle for a QB to take that much of a step in such a short time.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 12-24-2015

AFCG?
It depends on how AJ performs. Remember, Andy has never performed well in the post season so in all fairness, if AJ performs lights out, then the starting job should be his to lose.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 12-24-2015

I wonder if Panthers fans would discuss trading Cam and keeping his backup if his backup led Carolina to the SB?

Cam and Andy have had very similar careers. Their career stats are similar, they were both having MVP caliber seasons, both have had terrible Pro Bowl games (Cams been awful in both of his), and neither has much in the way of playoff success (Cam has 1 win against Ryan Lindley). Both led their teams to their best starts in franchise history this year. So what's the difference?

People think Andy is the only reason we suck in prime-time and playoff games, so the Broncos game and any playoff games with McCarron should be pretty interesting.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 12-24-2015

(12-24-2015, 02:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wonder if Panthers fans would discuss trading Cam and keeping his backup if his backup led Carolina to the SB?

Cam and Andy have had very similar careers. 
No disrespect to Andy, but have you completely lost your mind?? 
You allow QB stats to influence you tremendously, I get that. But everyone by now should realize Cam's a BEAST! The man is doing things that have NEVER been done before. He's a trailblazer for eyes only! This Sunday, put down the stats and turn on the TV. Stats, especially QB stats, DO NOT REVEAL ALL!

Not to say Andy's not having good year, we may yet win with him in the post season. But let's be honest, Cam 
makes players around him better, Andy requires better players to make himself better. That explains why Andy is only good when nearly everyone around him is much better than he is. Unfortunately, you won't learn this from reading stats alone.
Lastly, coaches coach and players play.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - muskiesfan - 12-24-2015

(12-24-2015, 05:20 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: No disrespect to Andy, but have you completely lost your mind?? 
You allow QB stats to influence you tremendously, I get that. But everyone by now should realize Cam's a BEAST! The man is doing things that have NEVER been done before. He's a trailblazer for eyes only! This Sunday, put down the stats and turn on the TV, because stats, especially QB stats, DO NOT REVEAL ALL!

Not to say Andy's not having good year, we may yet win with him in the post season. But let's be honest, Cam makes players around him better, Andy requires better players to make himself better. That explains why Andy is only good when nearly everyone around him is much better than he is.

This rhetoric gets way too old. Bengals fans SEVERELY overvalue their players. AJ Green is the only offensive player you can say is better than Andy. Marvin Jones, overvalued. Mohamed Sanu, overvalued. The bulk of Eifert's production is in the red zone. Gio is a stud, but the running game has fallen way back this year. Hill has seriously underperformed. This is not knocking the Bengals players. It's just a straight up lie to say Dalton is a product of the players around him. He's better than his skill players with the exception of AJ Green, period.

I've never understood why this particular fan base overvalues every position but QB. Remember when Armon Binns, Brandon Tate, and insert plenty of other scrub receivers were going to be the next great thing? Fans bought it. Bring in a QB who has helped turned the franchise around and been a major part in their consistent winning and 5 consecutive playoff appearances and tear him down and destroy him at all costs. Dalton deserves better and has deserved better since he's been here.

As always, Bengals fans won't know what they had with him until he's gone. Then he'll be fondly remembered. Hell, Chris Henry gets damn near HOF treatment when people talk about him.

(12-24-2015, 05:33 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This rhetoric gets way too old. Bengals fans SEVERELY overvalue their players. AJ Green is the only offensive player you can say is better than Andy. Marvin Jones, overvalued. Mohamed Sanu, overvalued. The bulk of Eifert's production is in the red zone. Gio is a stud, but the running game has fallen way back this year. Hill has seriously underperformed. This is not knocking the Bengals players. It's just a straight up lie to say Dalton is a product of the players around him. He's better than his skill players with the exception of AJ Green, period.

I've never understood why this particular fan base overvalues every position but QB. Remember when Armon Binns, Brandon Tate, and insert plenty of other scrub receivers were going to be the next great thing? Fans bought it. Bring in a QB who has helped turned the franchise around and been a major part in their consistent winning and 5 consecutive playoff appearances and tear him down and destroy him at all costs. Dalton deserves better and has deserved better since he's been here.

As always, Bengals fans won't know what they had with him until he's gone. Then he'll be fondly remembered. Hell, Chris Henry gets damn near HOF treatment when people talk about him.

I respectfully disagree with you wholeheartedly! It's not just Bengal fans that share the opinion that our team is loaded with talent. Every current or ex HC, sports analyst, on ESPN, FOX, and others say bengals are one of or the most talented team in the NFL.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-24-2015

(12-24-2015, 06:38 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I respectfully disagree with you wholeheartedly! It's not just Bengal fans that share the opinion that our team is loaded with talent. Every current or ex HC, sports analyst, on ESPN, FOX, and others say bengals are one of or the most talented team in the NFL.

They're speaking about our depth , and the fact that we have good talent in a lot of positions instead of a few great players surrounded by turds.  It's pretty obvious.

(12-24-2015, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: They're speaking about our depth , and the fact that we have good talent in a lot of positions instead of a few great players surrounded by turds.  It's pretty obvious.

No, they're not just speaking of our depth. This team will continue to win with AJ, Dalton or just about any NFL QB, we're just that loaded.