Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 01:30 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: The major question is, "Are both Cam Newton and Andy Dalton franchise quarterbacks?" I think both have proven to be franchise QBs. Cam Newton was the #1 pick while Andy Dalton was an early second round pick (With the #4 pick in AJ Green) in 2011. Cam should be a franchise QB and the best of the 2011 class. Dalton was the fifth QB taken in the 2011 draft after Cam, Locker, Gabbert and Ponder. The fact that Dalton was a hit when it comes to being a franchise QB is awesome for the Bengals. If you measure by who had the better draft, it was the Bengals clearly with the Green/Dalton combo.

I think the debate between Cam vs Dalton is sort of pointless. Both are franchise QBs. Both are winners. Both make their teams better.

I think maybe Cam has the higher ceiling, but that's not a surprise. Cam has lots of skill. But Dalton has skill too. Both are having breakout years. I think that some years Cam will be better and others Dalton will be better. But both will still be playing at a franchise QB level, and that's what really matters. This helps greatly with future drafts. You don't have to keep adding names to that Brown's jersey.

Can't rep this post enough.....well said.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 12-28-2015

Cam has been slightly overrated while Andy has been something more than slightly underrated.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Aquapod770 - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 02:08 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Cam has been slightly overrated while Andy has been something more than slightly underrated.

This. Cam has been just as bad, if not worse than Dalton in the post season, but you never hear anything about that while Dalton gets crucified for it.

If it wasn't for Ryan Lindley, Cam wouldn't have a playoff win.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 02:17 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This. Cam has been just as bad, if not worse than Dalton in the post season, but you never hear anything about that while Dalton gets crucified for it.

If it wasn't for Ryan Lindley, Cam wouldn't have a playoff win.

For me, Cam and Andy will always be linked because they came into the league together. Just like Julio and AJ. 

Cam may be doing some unique things, but I don't think he's in anyway better than Andy, except as a runner and even there Andy is vastly underrated. Their head to head is a tie and I believe that epitomizes their comparability. 

Cam has gotten a pass throughout his career so far while Andy has had to prove himself every step of the way while every single talking head has challenged his ability. Yet Andy has answered those critics under a microscope of sorts, in historic fashion,  and still doesn't receive the credit he deserves even after having an MVP type season. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 12-28-2015

Dalton doesn't have a playoff win because he and the rest of the team pretty much sucked in all four attempts.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Arturo Bandini - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 11:11 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton doesn't have a playoff win because he and the rest of the team pretty much sucked in all four attempts.

Last year, the team was depleted. Against the Chargers, what if Gio didn't fumble at the end of the 1st half ??? ...

BTW, any news of Andy's recovery ?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - XenoMorph - 12-29-2015

(12-28-2015, 12:40 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Last year, the team was depleted. Against the Chargers, what if Gio didn't fumble at the end of the 1st half ??? ...

BTW, any news of Andy's recovery ?

Expected to be available for the divisional round of the playoffs

No word if he makes it for the wild card weekend...

But is suppose to have the cast off this week i believe... i know they moved him to a lighter cast or something like that last week.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 12-29-2015

It's amazing how narratives can change how we perceive QB play.
If Andy (at any stage) had games like McCarron did last nigh it was just proof how he could never win the big one and would never do it.
But because the narrative was McCarron could win the big one, it's fallen on everyone else to take the blame despite the fact that the WR bailed out the QB many, many times.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 08:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's amazing how narratives can change how we perceive QB play.
If Andy (at any stage) had games like McCarron did last nigh it was just proof how he could never win the big one and would never do it.
But because the narrative was McCarron could win the big one, it's fallen on everyone else  to take the blame despite the fact that the WR bailed out the QB many, many times.

I know...right?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 08:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I know...right?

It's just funny.
Sanu, Jones and Green carried the offense in the first half. Made some RIDICULOUS catches...but once the pressure was on McCarron he was very erratic. Everyone blaming AJ for not catching a poorly thrown ball, or bringing up the missed TD to Jones....

Once Hue couldn't scheme touchdowns, it fell apart. McCarron can't read a defense. He bailed perfect pockets. He held the ball way too long. But narratives matter more...

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 08:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's amazing how narratives can change how we perceive QB play.
But because the narrative was McCarron could win the big one, it's fallen on everyone else  to take the blame despite the fact that the WR bailed out the QB many, many times.

Wait ... If Andy (at any stage) ... That wouldn't also include a game against Cleveland on a Thursday in Cincinnati would it?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 08:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Wait ... If Andy (at any stage) ... That wouldn't also include a game against Cleveland on a Thursday in Cincinnati would it?

Right. That was the only time Andy has been ripped on the boards. He's definitely never been ripped after a good game or even a "so-so" game like McCarron just had.  Rolleyes

(12-29-2015, 09:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. That was the only time Andy has been ripped on the boards. He's definitely never been ripped after a good game or even a "so-so" game like McCarron just had.  Rolleyes

Lol. These clowns. 

Imagine if Andy fumbled a snap like that to end a game...whew.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 09:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Imagine if Andy fumbled a snap like that to end a game...whew.

The boards would've crashed.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 09:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The boards would've crashed.

......and poor ol' mullsy's head would have exploded. I remember the shit he caught over the fumbles against Shitsburgh and San Diego....I guess no one else does.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Whacked - 12-29-2015

Ooooo yeah. Great point.

Poor dude. So unfair.

I'm not an AD homer but think he is one classy dude and a good QB.

He was becoming very good this year. What a shame

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Marlon23 - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 09:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The boards would've crashed.

I knew I would find you here...   Popcorn

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 12-30-2015

(12-29-2015, 11:01 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I knew I would find you here...   Popcorn

Bro I've posted in about 8 different threads today on a variety of topics. Grow the f up.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Marlon23 - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 12:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bro I've posted in about 8 different threads today on a variety of topics. Grow the f up.

Grow the F Up?  What does this mean can you explain?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 12-30-2015

There's no doubt in my mind that Andy would have won that game Monday night. He would not have been baffled by coverages like AJ was.

The inability to run the ball has been a crippling issue for AJ. Being able to run the ball is essential for an inexperienced QB.

Andy's ability to see the defense and get to better plays has been huge this year. That is the thing about Andy we are missing most right now.

Everybody has to step up their game when you're playing a backup. And that starts with the OC. This has not sufficiently happened so far.

It is still a work in progress, so hopefully, it will continue to improve. There is plenty of work to do to salvage the season. I'm not ready to give up hope but I am pretty nervous about things.

Those games you lose because you just needed one more play and no one could make it really stay with you, don't they?

Heal your ass off, Andy. You gotta come riding in and save the day.