Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CageTheBengal - 12-30-2015

We need Andy back ASAP.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-30-2015

(12-29-2015, 09:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lol. These clowns. 

Imagine if Andy fumbled a snap like that to end a game...whew.

That was my first thought when it happened.

If that was Andy, everyone would be jumping down the guys throat and crucifying him. Then again, Andy is an experienced veteran while AJ is a noob, so some of it would be warranted.

I think its clear now that we will look good in the first half of games, but once the second half happens, and D coordinators gameplan for what has happened, our offensive production is going to drop. Wade Phillips obviously figured us out and called a great gameplan the second half. This happens often with newer QBs... look at Osweilers second half statistics.. (before he played us, because only the Bengals can buck nasty trends like that lol) 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 12-30-2015

boards would be out for blood Whatever

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 12-30-2015

Dalton was back on the practice field today which was a good sign.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Thefinalcut813 - 12-30-2015

Well I pick the perfect time to pick up my prescriptions.....

[Image: IMG_5001.jpg]

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 06:56 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Well I pick the perfect time to pick up my prescriptions.....

DUDE THATS AWESOME

congrats man that is sweet!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 06:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That was my first thought when it happened.

If that was Andy, everyone would be jumping down the guys throat and crucifying him. Then again, Andy is an experienced veteran while AJ is a noob, so some of it would be warranted.

I think its clear now that we will look good in the first half of games, but once the second half happens, and D coordinators gameplan for what has happened, our offensive production is going to drop. Wade Phillips obviously figured us out and called a great gameplan the second half. This happens often with newer QBs... look at Osweilers second half statistics.. (before he played us, because only the Bengals can buck nasty trends like that lol) 

McCarron still can't read a defense. Wade stacked the box, moved to zone and forced AJ off his first read. He bailed clean pockets, made some iffy throws and couldn't get guys in position. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rhinocero23 - 12-30-2015

Andy stands to lose a lot this week...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419915/the-timing-of-andy-daltons-injury-could-cost-the-quarterback-millions

#14 Dalton - 798 snaps or 80.2%
#5 McCarron - 196 snaps or 19.7%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

By the 2nd quarter Any will have fallen under the threshold for the incentives. SOP strikes again.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Marlon23 - 12-31-2015

(12-30-2015, 06:56 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Well I pick the perfect time to pick up my prescriptions.....

Nice man!!!  Congrats....!!  and you look like a cool dude!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 01-01-2016

that is pretty cool.  Guess you couldn't get an autograph and had to shake  hands left handed, huh?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-02-2016

Got back 5 years and Andy was given the benefit of the doubt at most every turn. What got Andy in trouble with fans were the bad Andy games for 4 years. He cleaned that up this year and you don't hear nearly as much criticism of him.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Thefinalcut813 - 01-02-2016

(01-01-2016, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: that is pretty cool.  Guess you couldn't get an autograph and had to shake  hands left handed, huh?

Left hand fist bump....lol

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - muskiesfan - 01-03-2016

(01-02-2016, 06:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Got back 5 years and Andy was given the benefit of the doubt at most every turn. What got Andy in trouble with fans were the bad Andy games for 4 years. He cleaned that up this year and you don't hear nearly as much criticism of him.

Things have definitely been better on this board, but on the old board, every pass was scrutinized. People need to get off of that bad Andy stuff too. No one uses bad Tyler when he drops a bunch of passes or bad AJ when Green gets smothered. There are different rules for Dalton. He needs to be mistake free or people criticize him. It could be any year 1-5, but had Dalton thrown those exact same wobbly passes that McCarron threw against Denver and Dalton would have been put on blast.

People talk about excuses for Dalton, but everyone wants to give McCarron a pass. Just because he's in his second year and a backup doesn't take away from the fact he's in the NFL. Shouldn't everyone be calling him bad AJ for his 2nd half against Denver? Oh that's right, 2 National Titles in college. Shouldn't people call him bad AJ because the WRs had to bail him out on throws? Oh, he went to Alabama. You get the point. The biggest thing going for McCarron is that he's not Dalton. He's got an instant built in fan base off of that fact alone.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 01-03-2016

(01-02-2016, 06:46 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Left hand fist bump....lol

Perfect.  Does he look pretty beefy in person?  Looks like he would.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-03-2016

Swear to Buddha I might strangle the next person who says our OL sucks because McDumb holds the ball for 5 seconds EVERY damn pass play.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 12:23 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Things have definitely been better on this board, but on the old board, every pass was scrutinized. People need to get off of that bad Andy stuff too. No one uses bad Tyler when he drops a bunch of passes or bad AJ when Green gets smothered. There are different rules for Dalton. He needs to be mistake free or people criticize him. It could be any year 1-5, but had Dalton thrown those exact same wobbly passes that McCarron threw against Denver and Dalton would have been put on blast.

People talk about excuses for Dalton, but everyone wants to give McCarron a pass. Just because he's in his second year and a backup doesn't take away from the fact he's in the NFL. Shouldn't everyone be calling him bad AJ for his 2nd half against Denver? Oh that's right, 2 National Titles in college. Shouldn't people call him bad AJ because the WRs had to bail him out on throws? Oh, he went to Alabama. You get the point. The biggest thing going for McCarron is that he's not Dalton. He's got an instant built in fan base off of that fact alone.

I don't think it was like that for Andy in years 1 or 2, or even the 3rd year until the playoff loss to SD. If I remember right we were all amazed that the Bengals made the playoffs in 2011. I know there was some criticism, but not nearly as much as last year.

AJM had his first two starts on the road (both in places where the Bengals have a poor history) and he played decent, not great, just decent. But he's definitely not up to Dalton's level of command of the offense, not even close. The 0 for 9 on 3rd down today was a bit concerning even though the team won.

Just because someone sees that AJM hasn't done that bad doesn't mean they are smearing Andy.

Getting Dalton out there in the playoffs will change things dramatically. Whenever that happens.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 12:23 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Things have definitely been better on this board, but on the old board, every pass was scrutinized. People need to get off of that bad Andy stuff too. No one uses bad Tyler when he drops a bunch of passes or bad AJ when Green gets smothered. There are different rules for Dalton. He needs to be mistake free or people criticize him. It could be any year 1-5, but had Dalton thrown those exact same wobbly passes that McCarron threw against Denver and Dalton would have been put on blast.

Give it time....they crucified Palmer too.  Look how wrong they were about him.  Bengal fans think the QB is the only player on the field.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-04-2016

It's funny saying this because after last year I didn't think this was possible BUT

Andy Dalton is exciting.

The dropoff between McCarron and Dalton isn't too huge. I think both guys would win games, and probably have similar success. However... McCarron is a snoozer. I'm sorry but watching him play QB is booooooooringggggg... Dalton brings a lot of excitement to our offense that I never even noticed.

Not a knock on either guy. Both get the job done in their own way. Always thought Dalton was a game manger conservative type, but after watching AJ, its clear Andy is much more fun to watch. Just my opinion though Wink

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-04-2016

I told you so. That is all.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Devils Advocate - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 02:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's funny saying this because after last year I didn't think this was possible BUT

Andy Dalton is exciting.

The dropoff between McCarron and Dalton isn't too huge. I think both guys would win games, and probably have similar success. However... McCarron is a snoozer. I'm sorry but watching him play QB is booooooooringggggg... Dalton brings a lot of excitement to our offense that I never even noticed.

Not a knock on either guy. Both get the job done in their own way. Always thought Dalton was a game manger conservative type, but after watching AJ, its clear Andy is much more fun to watch. Just my opinion though Wink

While I wouldn't say the difference between AJ and Andy is night and day, there is definitely a difference. AJ's biggest obstacle is inexperience, something this current team doesn't have the luxury of  waiting for. Despite the best efforts of some of our fanbase, there is no controversy at the QB position.