Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 02:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's funny saying this because after last year I didn't think this was possible BUT

Andy Dalton is exciting.

The dropoff between McCarron and Dalton isn't too huge. I think both guys would win games, and probably have similar success. However... McCarron is a snoozer. I'm sorry but watching him play QB is booooooooringggggg... Dalton brings a lot of excitement to our offense that I never even noticed.

Not a knock on either guy. Both get the job done in their own way. Always thought Dalton was a game manger conservative type, but after watching AJ, its clear Andy is much more fun to watch. Just my opinion though Wink

I mean, depends what you consider huge. The difference between a terrier and an Irish Wolfhound isn't huge if you put them next to an elephant. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 01-04-2016

And now we play the waiting game to hear about the thumb

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 01-04-2016

All reports this morning indicate McCarron will start Saturday. It was a long shot that Dalton would be available this week. If only the Defense could have got a stop late against Denver....

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 01:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: All reports this morning indicate McCarron will start Saturday. It was a long shot that Dalton would be available this week. If only the Defense could have got a stop late against Denver....

Or the offense generate more than 3 points in the second half but sure let's blame the D

Well the offense has a legitimate in excuse...... The D?

(01-04-2016, 04:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well the offense has a legitimate in excuse...... The D?

High altitude and your best player has sickle cell.

Bigger excuse than the offense has. 

I guess we should be lucky they didn't drop 60 on the D then.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 04:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well the offense has a legitimate in excuse...... The D?

Offense needed fewer 3 and outs in that second half. Would have made all the difference even if they don't score cause it can change field position and give the D some needed rest.

(01-04-2016, 04:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess we should be lucky they didn't drop 60 on the D then.

What is the offense's legitimate excuse then? 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rubekahn29 - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 04:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: High altitude and your best player has sickle cell.

Bigger excuse than the offense has. 

Not when that team hadn't scored a second half point in three straight games and we had this "stud" defense. 

(01-04-2016, 06:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not when that team hadn't scored a second half point in three straight games and we had this "stud" defense. 

Our defense was playing great.
I'm guessing you've never been at altitude or have had sickle cell?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 09:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Our defense was playing great.

Is altitude only a defense excuse? I'm not getting it.

(01-04-2016, 09:34 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Is altitude only a defense excuse? I'm not getting it.

When the offense can't move the ball, the defense sees more snaps, yes or no?
Defense is generally more taxing as the offense controls the tempo of the game.

We have seen throughout the year that when Geno can't play the DL isn't that great.
Geno has sickle cell trait. he can't play 80% of snaps with that.

All the offense had to do was not be terrible in the second half. Just somewhat competent. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 09:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: When the offense can't move the ball, the defense sees more snaps, yes or no?
Defense is generally more taxing as the offense controls the tempo of the game.

We have seen throughout the year that when Geno can't play the DL isn't that great.
Geno has sickle cell trait. he can't play 80% of snaps with that.

All the offense had to do was not be terrible in the second half. Just somewhat competent. 

This offense has always been terrible in the second half, particularly in the 3rd quarter. This offense has been riding the defense since Palmer left, nothing new.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 10:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This offense has always been terrible in the second half, particularly in the 3rd quarter. This offense has been riding the defense since Palmer left, nothing new.

Not this year.. interesting stat.. the offense explosive Steelers have scored 423 points.. guess how many Bengals have scored ???  419.. pretty much the same 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - PhilHos - 01-04-2016

IMO, the fault for the loss against Denver is Nugent's missed FG. Had he made that ...

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rubekahn29 - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 09:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Our defense was playing great.

Can't say I have. I'm not pinning the loss only on the defense, and definitely not on Geno. But I sure as heck am not pinning it on just the offense. It was a team loss. Offense didn't play great and defense didn't play great.  

(01-04-2016, 10:42 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Can't say I have. I'm not pinning the loss only on the defense, and definitely not on Geno. But I sure as heck am not pinning it on just the offense. It was a team loss. Offense didn't play great and defense didn't play great.  

But the defense did play great. 
All the offense had to do was score a TD at any point in the 2nd half and we win. 

(01-04-2016, 11:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But the defense did play great. 
All the offense had to do was score a TD at any point in the 2nd half and we win. 

And all the defense had to do was not give up 14 points in a half. The defense that only averaged 17 pts a game. Gave up 17 in a half and two minutes. It goes both ways. 

The defense was well rested in the first half but gave up an easy three to end the half. Can't use tired as an excuse for that. They went down the field like nothing in the first drive of the second half. Can't blame the offense for that. After they took the lead, offense sustained a very lengthy drive to tie it up. Defense came out and gave up what easily could have been the game winning field goal. Then came right back out and gave up the game winning field goal. So in my calculations you can blame the offense not moving the ball for 7 points if you want to. So instead of trying to blame the offense for what the defense is supposed to do, you should probably look at the team as a whole and face thathe both offense and defense could have done much better. 

It wasnt like this was some elite offense they played. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2016

.....but for the last 4 and 3/4 years....it's NEVER been the defense's fault. Ninja