Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 11:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but for the last 4 and 3/4 years....it's NEVER been the defense's fault. Ninja

Funny how much narratives change, isn't it? 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - 2MinutesHate - 01-05-2016

(01-04-2016, 11:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But the defense did play great. 
All the offense had to do was score a TD at any point in the 2nd half and we win. 

Ya it's a shame AJ Green stopped running on that deep ball by McCarron, isn't it?  You think that would've been a TD?

FFS, give it a rest.  Yes, we get it.  McCarron is not worth to be quarterbacking the Bengals and yes we have no chance in beating the Steelers this weekend.  We've been provided all sorts of situational stats that prove everything.

Can I just watch the last game of our season before I jump off the cliff with you?  It just really is exhausting.  Call me a fool, but I'm still very excited about our chances at a win this Sunday.  
The silver-lining in a Bengals loss this weekend is that you can tell everybody "I told you so."

I think you'd have more fun over on the Steelers Board really. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-05-2016

(01-04-2016, 11:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but for the last 4 and 3/4 years....it's NEVER been the defense's fault. Ninja

What?!?!?!?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 12:20 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ya it's a shame AJ Green stopped running on that deep ball by McCarron, isn't it?  You think that would've been a TD?

If Green keeps running he's in the corner of the end zone, not in the middle. That's how he read the safety and that's what you do in those routes against that defense. He spoke about that play after the game. Wouldn't have been complete because they both read the defense differently.

Green goes towards the middle (which would be weird against cover 2 deep) and it's caught. McCarron throws to the corner and it's caught.

It's a mis-communcation between both players. One read the defense one way, the other the opposite way. Didn't work out.

Point is, after that play, what did the offense do? Nothing. The offense has struggled.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 03:42 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If Green keeps running he's in the corner of the end zone, not in the middle. That's how he read the safety and that's what you do in those routes against that defense. He spoke about that play after the game. Wouldn't have been complete because they both read the defense differently.

Green goes towards the middle (which would be weird against cover 2 deep) and it's caught. McCarron throws to the corner and it's caught.

It's a mis-communcation between both players. One read the defense one way, the other the opposite way. Didn't work out.

Point is, after that play, what did the offense do? Nothing. The offense has struggled.

Lol
Don't even bother explaining actual football. It's pointless.
It's why idiots like Charles Davis and Dan Fouts get employed to talk about football.
Most people don't want to talk actual football. They want it dumbed down as much as humanly possible. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 12:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: What?!?!?!?

We've been "riding on the coattails of our defense" since 2011......until recently.  Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rubekahn29 - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 03:53 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lol
Don't even bother explaining actual football. It's pointless.
It's why idiots like Charles Davis and Dan Fouts get employed to talk about football.
Most people don't want to talk actual football. They want it dumbed down as much as humanly possible. 

Oh dear master, why don't you just shower me in your infinite football wisdom. Everyoneis so inferior and has no football knowledge, but you. Coaches know less than you. Players know less than you, so these fans, they know nothing compared to your infinite knowledge. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - 2MinutesHate - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 08:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh dear master, why don't you just shower me in your infinite football wisdom. Everyoneis so inferior and has no football knowledge, but you. Coaches know less than you. Players know less than you, so these fans, they know nothing compared to your infinite knowledge. 

What's even more comical is that some actually try to sell it that they're able to break down the game when it's live.  They're actually able to tell exactly what the formation is and get this, they even know the play too!  They don't even need the overhead cam view!  Amazing, isn't it?

Pay attention kid, you might learn something.  The Bengals are doing themselves a huge disservice by not hiring these people.  For instance, they could have saved themselves a lot of time and money by not drafting AJM due to the indisputable fact that he cannot read a defense!  If only, if only they would've read this very message board.  Frankly, I don't get how the hell he made it to the NFL when he's unable to process the game while it's being played.

What I wish is that the rest of his teammates (i.e. Whitworth, AJ Green, etc.) would stop giving interviews saying that they can win with AJM when of course that is clearly a LIE!!  The fans have no right to be treated this way.  Especially the stupid ones.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Marlon23 - 01-05-2016

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOSHAKELOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLNOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOBLAKELOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 08:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh dear master, why don't you just shower me in your infinite football wisdom. Everyoneis so inferior and has no football knowledge, but you. Coaches know less than you. Players know less than you, so these fans, they know nothing compared to your infinite knowledge. 

This is when you know someone has a great argument. They stop trying to correct or debate the point. It's the same story every damn time someone tries to get more involved in football discussions.
You get called out as thinking you know more than coaches. You are why Skip Bayless has a job.

Challenge anything wolf posted. Any of it. You can't/won't. 

Charles Davis is sitting there in the broadcast bragging about how the OL is playing terrible....five seconds into a play and the QB bails a clean pocket...

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rubekahn29 - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 03:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is when you know someone has a great argument. They stop trying to correct or debate the point. It's the same story every damn time someone tries to get more involved in football discussions.
You get called out as thinking you know more than coaches. You are why Skip Bayless has a job.

Challenge anything wolf posted. Any of it. You can't/won't. 

Charles Davis is sitting there in the broadcast bragging about how the OL is playing terrible....five seconds into a play and the QB bails a clean pocket...

Says the guy who got off topic and started talking about the announcers and how fans, except for yourself, know nothing. 

I don't need to challenge wolf because I agree with him. I not once said anything about AJ Greens route running during this post. However, you failed to reply or debate my post about how 10 of the 17 points in regulation had nothing to do with a tired defense. By my calculations that is a score of 17-7. So based on your most recent post I'm not sure what you can and can't comprehend, but take that post and read it to yourself because you just described yourself in that post. 

(01-05-2016, 03:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Says the guy who got off topic and started talking about the announcers and how fans, except for yourself, know nothing. 

I don't need to challenge wolf because I agree with him. I not once said anything about AJ Greens route running during this post. However, you failed to reply or debate my post about how 10 of the 17 points in regulation had nothing to do with a tired defense. By my calculations that is a score of 17-7. So based on your most recent post I'm not sure what you can and can't comprehend, but take that post and read it to yourself because you just described yourself in that post. 

You're trying to excuse an offense that has been terrible. 
The defense gave up 20 on the road, in altitude. The offense scored 14 quick then did NOTHING again.

(01-05-2016, 04:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You're trying to excuse an offense that has been terrible. 
The defense gave up 20 on the road, in altitude. The offense scored 14 quick then did NOTHING again.

I'm not excusing anyone, but I expect more out of a supposedly top Defense against an average offense than I do an offense with a Backup QB in his second start against the Number 1 defense. How hard is that for you to understand, Or do just hate McCarron that much? 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 04:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I'm not excusing anyone, but I expect more out of a supposedly top Defense against an average offense than I do an offense with a Backup QB in his second start against the Number 1 defense. How hard is that for you to understand, Or do just hate McCarron that much? 

I didn't know that giving up 17 points in regulation was bad. The Broncos have some good weapons on their team. Its not like they have a bunch of crappy players on that team.

(01-05-2016, 06:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't know that giving up 17 points in regulation was bad. The Broncos have some good weapons on their team. Its not like they have a bunch of crappy players on that team.

Didn't score a single second half point three straight games prior. Not what I wold call good. They scored 17 in a half and two minutes against us. Im not solely blaming the defense but to put all on the offense with a guy in his second year against the Number one defense isn't a solid argument.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 08:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Didn't score a single second half point three straight games prior. Not what I wold call good. They scored 17 in a half and two minutes against us. Im not solely blaming the defense but to put all on the offense with a guy in his second year against the Number one defense isn't a solid argument.

I don't get that argument. The defense played great. Only giving up 17 points in regulation to pretty much any team is good. It doesn't matter if it's a rookie playing QB out there you can't expect the defense to shut another team out. You have to score more than 17 points to win 90% of games, and the offense couldn't do that. Plus the offense really didn't give the defense much of a break. I think the offense only converted one first down in the 2nd half. That's just horrible, and if you think that didn't effect the defense then you need to rethink some things.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Se ky bengal - 01-05-2016

(01-04-2016, 11:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But the defense did play great. 
All the offense had to do was score a TD at any point in the 2nd half and we win. 

or Nugent hit that FG

(01-05-2016, 08:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't get that argument. The defense played great. Only giving up 17 points in regulation to pretty much any team is good. It doesn't matter if it's a rookie playing QB out there you can't expect the defense to shut another team out. You have to score more than 17 points to win 90% of games, and the offense couldn't do that. Plus the offense really didn't give the defense much of a break. I think the offense only converted one first down in the 2nd half. That's just horrible, and if you think that didn't effect the defense then you need to rethink some things.

Its good, but not good enough. Everyone knew we were not going to put up big numbers on that D in their place. So the Defense had to step up just a little more. I wish the offense would have scored just one more TD, just as I wish the D would have kept the score down under 17. Stuff happens, it was a tough loss, but there is no way you can pin it only on the offense. 

You realize we had the ball 10 more minutes than them the whole game right? Was it the Offense's fault for the 3 in the last two minutes of first half? The TD to open the second half? If you want to give them 7, fine, but don't be ignorant. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't know that giving up 17 points in regulation was bad. The Broncos have some good weapons on their team. Its not like they have a bunch of crappy players on that team.

I agree with this. The defense did a good job. The offense, in the second half, had too many 3 and outs. We could blame that on AJM in his 3rd start if we wanted to. However, Dalton had plenty of those games also, including one this year against Houston (a weaker defense than Denver's).

I like to give an odd look in the direction of the coaches for that game's results. You saw a pull back in the aggressiveness in the SF game once the Bengals had a solid lead. They seemed to let off the gas and what we needed was the gas peddle on the floor.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

You don't know tha half of it.  He is also smarter than many successful filmakers and musicians.

He is basically smarter than many of the most acomplished people on earth, yet he has accomplished nothing in his life.

Kind of starnge isn't it.