Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

(12-30-2015, 09:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: McCarron still can't read a defense. Wade stacked the box, moved to zone and forced AJ off his first read. He bailed clean pockets, made some iffy throws and couldn't get guys in position. 

McCarron did better against that defense in Denver than veteran playoff QBs Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, and Joe Flacco.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - 2MinutesHate - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 12:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron did better against that defense in Denver than veteran playoff QBs Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, and Joe Flacco.

I tried to make a similar argument in another thread using Rodgers, however I was rebuffed anyway.

If we were stuck with josh johnson, yes, this season would be over.
We are very lucky to have AJM in my opinion. At least the kid gives us a shot and that's enough sometimes.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

(01-04-2016, 04:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: High altitude and your best player has sickle cell.

Bigger excuse than the offense has. 

Our offense was facing the number one defense in the league with a back up QB at the helm.

Defense was facing the #16 offense and Geno played 60% of the snaps.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-06-2016

(01-05-2016, 04:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You're trying to excuse an offense that has been terrible. 
The defense gave up 20 on the road, in altitude. The offense scored 14 quick then did NOTHING again.

What does this have to do with the Ultimate Dalton Thread? It's not like Dalton has ever won in Denver.

Besides, the only chance Dalton has of getting the playoff monkey off his back this year is for AJM to play well enough to win this Saturday. You should be cheering the dude on.

(01-04-2016, 09:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: When the offense can't move the ball, the defense sees more snaps, yes or no?

In regulation bengals won time of possession by almost fifteen minutes. 37:12 to 22:48 

In the second half the Broncos did not have a drive longer than 5 minutes and only two of them were longer than 1:55.

(01-04-2016, 10:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This offense has always been terrible in the second half, particularly in the 3rd quarter.

Thanks for showing how little you know about this team.  This is just a message board myth created by people who don't know what they are talking about.

This year the Bengals are 9th in the league in third quarter points scored.  Last year we were 11th and in '13 we were 7th.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 01:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for showing how little you know about this team.  This is just a message board myth created by people who don't know what they are talking about.

This year the Bengals are 9th in the league in third quarter points scored.  Last year we were 11th and in '13 we were 7th.

Youre right. This last game was one of the only games we struggled in the 2nd half the last 3 years. Sarcasm

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-06-2016

(01-05-2016, 10:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree with this. The defense did a good job. The offense, in the second half, had too many 3 and outs. We could blame that on AJM in his 3rd start if we wanted to. However, Dalton had plenty of those games also, including one this year against Houston (a weaker defense than Denver's).

I like to give an odd look in the direction of the coaches for that game's results. You saw a pull back in the aggressiveness in the SF game once the Bengals had a solid lead. They seemed to let off the gas and what we needed was the gas peddle on the floor.

Yep.  Did anyone notice Marv eyeing Hue's playsheet against Baltimore Sunday?  I think we have our answer.

(01-06-2016, 02:54 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Youre right. This last game was one of the only games we struggled in the 2nd half the last 3 years. Sarcasm

Why don't we address what you really said and what my reply was.  Your resorting to a strawman just shows that you really have no argument.

The Bengals have struggles at times in the second half just like everye other team in the league, but overall we have averaged finishing in the top 10 in 3rd quarter scoring over the last three years, so we are clearly better in the third quarter than most other teams in the league.  Your claim that they have "always been terrible in the second half" is the product of ignorance.  It is one of those popular message board myths that has no basis in reality.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why don't we address what you really said and what my reply was.  Your resorting to a strawman just shows that you really have no argument.

The Bengals have struggles at times in the second half just like everye other team in the league, but overall we have averaged finishing in the top 10 in 3rd quarter scoring over the last three years, so we are clearly better in the third quarter than most other teams in the league.  Your claim that they have "always been terrible in the second half" is the product of ignorance.  It is one of those popular message board myths that has no basis in reality.

The problem is the second half in the playoffs....not the regular season, as you have clearly pointed out.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - jj22 - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 12:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron did better against that defense in Denver than veteran playoff QBs Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, and Joe Flacco.

They knew how to attack those qb. Took them a half to learn how to attack McCarrron. Once they did.....

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-06-2016

(01-05-2016, 09:56 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What I wish is that the rest of his teammates (i.e. Whitworth, AJ Green, etc.) would stop giving interviews saying that they can win with AJM when of course that is clearly a LIE!!  The fans have no right to be treated this way.

And I'm wishing that Whitworth, AJ Green, and etc. are tired of seeing "primetime playoof Dalton" meltdown in the post season. We know Dalton wasn't the only one playing less than perfect in the post season. But can't the same thing can be said for every QB in every game ending in a L?
"Wake up people, our team has 1st round talent at nearly every position! All we need is an average QB with courage!" AJM is courageous enough, Andy not so much. For that reason alone, I'm wishing ML is willing to bench (even if 100% healthy) Andy Dalton.
Let's continue to win with AJM! 

(01-06-2016, 03:25 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: And I'm wishing that Whitworth, AJ Green, and etc. are tired of seeing "primetime playoof Dalton" meltdown in the post season. We know Dalton wasn't the only one playing less than perfect in the post season. But can't the same thing can be said for every QB in every game ending in a L?
"Wake up people, our team has 1st round talent at nearly every position! All we need is an average QB with courage!" AJM is courageous enough, Andy not so much. For that reason alone, I'm wishing ML is willing to bench (even if 100% healthy) Andy Dalton.
Let's continue to win with AJM! 

.....you don't play 5 win teams in the playoffs...... Mellow

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....you don't play 5 win teams in the playoffs...... Mellow

It's the NFL......you play who's in front of you and let the bias bickering begin. Nervous
If we play against a 15-1 team, we can beat them. We're just that loaded. But our QB needs to be a little courageous.
Too many times (during post season) in pressure situations Andy's too quick to surrender, i.e. throw it away, or lay down. He needs a higher gear for pressure situations. AJM has it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 03:56 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: It's the NFL......you play who's in front of you and let the bias bickering begin. Nervous
Even if play a 15-1 team, we can beat them, we're just that loaded. But our QB needs to be a little courageous.

If that is the case, I'll take Dalton over McCarron.

(01-06-2016, 03:56 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: It's the NFL......you play who's in front of you and let the bias bickering begin. Nervous
Even if play against a 15-1 team, we can beat them, we're just that loaded. But our QB needs to be a little courageous.
Too many times (during post season) in pressure situations Andy's too quick to surrender, i.e. throw it away, or lay down. He needs a higher gear for pressure situations.

LMAO ......how many times have we seen 5 "lay down" in three weeks?  What's he up to, 12/13 sacks?  How many delay of game penalties?  How many throw aways?  Against a couple of 5-11 teams, I might add.  "Bias"......it's called looking objectively at the situation, which you're clearly NOT doing.  My main beef with Dalton has been TOO MUCH courage at times, i.e., throwing it into windows he had no business attempting.....until this season when he started getting the ball in those windows.  Andy has had his share of doo doo moments, unquestionably, but a coward he simply is not.

Just stop bro.....

(01-06-2016, 04:06 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If that is the case, I'll take Dalton over McCarron.
Whatever. Among nfl fans, I believe your opinion falls into the minority.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:19 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Whatever. Among nfl fans, I believe your opinion falls into the minority.

Hahaha

0/10 troll

(01-06-2016, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO ......how many times have we seen 5 "lay down" in three weeks?  What's he up to, 12/13 sacks?  How many delay of game penalties?  How many throw aways?  Against a couple of 5-11 teams, I might add.  "Bias"......it's called looking objectively at the situation, which you're clearly NOT doing.  My main beef with Dalton has been TOO MUCH courage at times, i.e., throwing it into windows he had no business attempting.....until this season when he started getting the ball in those windows.  Andy has had his share of doo doo moments, unquestionably, but a coward he simply is not.

Just stop bro.....

Settle down, you're getting overly excited! No one is suggesting Andy's a coward!

We're talking "Playoff time", remember? Now look up his many surrenders in the playoffs. 
It's well documented that Andy gives lackluster performances in the playoffs. Just stop it!
I'm simply suggesting that we go with AJM who seems to have more gears, i.e. Courage!
Nothing personal against Dalton

(01-06-2016, 04:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hahaha

0/10 troll

Statistically speaking, Andy has not performed well in post season so I'm suggesting to let AJM continue to play. Are should we only use stats when they benefit Andy?
You're the troll.