Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:31 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Settle down, you're getting overly excited! No one is suggesting Andy's a coward!

We're talking "Playoff time", remember? Now look up his many surrenders in the playoffs. 
It's well documented that Andy gives lackluster performances in the playoffs. Just stop it!
I'm simply suggesting that we go with AJM who seems to have more gears, i.e. Courage!
Nothing personal against Dalton

Smirk I'm not excited.  I see what you're saying....but we've seen McCarron do it in the regular season, against inferior opponents, save for Denver....where he struggled mightily in the second half.  I know that it is most likely due to inexperience, but that's kinda my point here.  His inexperience leads to a lot of miscues at the moment (not to mention his ability with pre snap reads and all of the other intricacies of the position that can't be learned this quickly), and that doesn't seem to bode well once the competition is ramped up in the playoffs to me.  At this point, if AD could play, I'd roll with him.  He has never looked as good and as confident in the offense as he did this season.  Just my opinion.  I know your opinion of Dalton, and there's not a thing wrong with it, differing opinions make the world go round.  I'm just looking at the broader picture at the moment.  Two years down the road, you may have a point.....or if AJM was the second coming of Marino (he obviously isn't).....I just don't see it right now.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:52 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Statistically speaking, Andy has not performed well in post season so I'm suggesting to let AJM continue to play. Are should we only use stats when they benefit Andy?
You're the troll.

Personally I don't want a backup QB who plays at the level of a backup QB as the starter in the playoffs. Not converting on 3rd down almost 70% of the time won't get you anywhere against good teams. Going 4 for 14 against a bad 49ers defense is horrible. Converting 1 of 8 in the second half of the Broncos game is horrible. Converting 0 of 9 against Baltimore is horrible. 

I call you a troll because I refuse to believe that anyone could be that stupid. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 05:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Personally I don't want a backup QB who plays at the level of a backup QB as the starter in the playoffs. Not converting on 3rd down almost 70% of the time won't get you anywhere against good teams. Going 4 for 14 against a bad 49ers defense is horrible. Converting 1 of 8 in the second half of the Broncos game is horrible. Converting 0 of 9 against Baltimore is horrible. 

I call you a troll because I refuse to believe that anyone could be that stupid. 

Anyone? Hey dumass, turn your tv to ESPN and listen to former and or current NFL players say the same thing I'm saying. Are maybe you played in the NFL too? Hilarious

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 05:12 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Anyone? Hey dumass, turn your tv to ESPN and listen to former and or current NFL players say the same thing I'm saying. Are maybe you played in the NFL too? Hilarious

No one is saying that. Nice try thoigh,

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 05:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No one is saying that. Nice try thoigh,

No one? Ah...Skip Bayless for one said it.

(01-06-2016, 05:24 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: No one? Ah...Skip Bayless for one said it.

lol skip bayless. I think that helps my point than it does yours.

(01-06-2016, 05:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol skip bayless. I think that helps my point than it does yours.

Ok, Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin also said it.

(01-06-2016, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Smirk I'm not excited.  I see what you're saying....but we've seen McCarron do it in the regular season, against inferior opponents, save for Denver....where he struggled mightily in the second half.  I know that it is most likely due to inexperience, but that's kinda my point here.  His inexperience leads to a lot of miscues at the moment (not to mention his ability with pre snap reads and all of the other intricacies of the position that can't be learned this quickly), and that doesn't seem to bode well once the competition is ramped up in the playoffs to me.  At this point, if AD could play, I'd roll with him.  He has never looked as good and as confident in the offense as he did this season.  Just my opinion.  I know your opinion of Dalton, and there's not a thing wrong with it, differing opinions make the world go round.  I'm just looking at the broader picture at the moment.  Two years down the road, you may have a point.....or if AJM was the second coming of Marino (he obviously isn't).....I just don't see it right now.

You bring up some valid points that I cannot disagree with. But I guess when you spend money on playoff tickets, airline tickets, hotels and etc. as I have, and witness lack luster performances from the QB you tend want someone else starting at quarterback.
You can always insert Andy into the game if AJM falters too much. But I believe Andys the kind of guy who needs a fire up his lower backside.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 03:25 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: And I'm wishing that Whitworth, AJ Green, and etc. are tired of seeing "primetime playoof Dalton" meltdown in the post season. We know Dalton wasn't the only one playing less than perfect in the post season. But can't the same thing can be said for every QB in every game ending in a L?
"Wake up people, our team has 1st round talent at nearly every position! All we need is an average QB with courage!" AJM is courageous enough, Andy not so much. For that reason alone, I'm wishing ML is willing to bench (even if 100% healthy) Andy Dalton.
Let's continue to win with AJM! 

Actually we have first round talent at QB also.. so will disagree big time there.. if you are attempting to say AJM is better than Dalton, then you have exposed your total bias towards Dalton .  You attempt to wrap playoff performance into a players total makeup.. sorry does not work.. a body of work of 4 games over 4 3/4s years is just not rational..  that would be like saying Manning should have been benched in  2003 since he was 0-3 in the playoffs and replaced with his backup .. makes no sense.. but enjoy your warped perception.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Hammerthis Wrote:  You bring up some valid points that I cannot disagree with. But I guess when you spend money on playoff tickets, airline tickets, hotels and etc. as I have, and witness lack luster performances from the QB you tend want someone else starting at quarterback.
You can always insert Andy into the game if AJM falters too much. But I believe Andys the kind of guy who needs a fire up his lower backside.

I bought those tickets in '09 too.....Ninja

I don't think Andy is that guy....I just think it took him 4 years to get the game to come to him.  I actually thought he took steps forward last year. Leading that MASH unit to the playoffs was no small feat....we just didn't see the fruit of the labor he put in with so many injuries to key contributors. People forget......a lot of the greats got to sit and learn....14 never had that luxury. He learned on the fly.  If Dalton can go....I start him. ThumbsUp

(01-06-2016, 06:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually we have first round talent at QB also.. so will disagree big time there.. if you are attempting to say AJM is better than Dalton, then you have exposed your total bias towards Dalton .  You attempt to wrap playoff performance into a players total makeup.. sorry does not work.. a body of work of 4 games over 4 3/4s years is just not rational..  that would be like saying Manning should have been benched in  2003 since he was 0-3 in the playoffs and replaced with his backup .. makes no sense.. but enjoy your warped perception.

Well you'll have to forgive me for disagreeing with you because I place sports analysis opinions over yours. Yes, they are saying that until Andy wins a playoff game they are not counting his regular season stats. Sorry!

(01-06-2016, 06:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I bought those tickets in '09 too.....Ninja

I don't think Andy is that guy....I just think it took him 4 years to get the game to come to him.  I actually thought he took steps forward last year. Leading that MASH unit to the playoffs was no small feat....we just didn't see the fruit of the labor he put in with so many injuries to key contributors. People forget......a lot of the greats got to sit and learn....14 never had that luxury. He learned on the fly.  If Dalton can go....I start him. ThumbsUp
Alright, but regardless of who starts a quarterback, before opening my wallet again, I need to see a playoff W ThumbsUp

^....can't blame ya there!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2016

Kurt Warner just announced his top 5 QBs of 2015:

1. Cam Newton
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Russell Wilson
5. Andy Dalton

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 05:32 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Ok, Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin also said it.

No they did not.  They said the liked Mccarron's attitude. but they both said Dalton should start if he is healthy.  Marshall Faulk said there might be a question if McCarron plays well and beats the Steelers, but not now.  I'll find the clip if you want me to.

McCarron has neverv in any way shown that he has more courage than Dalton, and he has clearly shown that he is not as good of a QB as dalton.

And agreeing with skip Bayless makes you look like a clown.  Do you really take what he says seriously?  You are quite the rube.  Everyone knows Bayless loves to say stuoid stuff just to stir the pot.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 06:45 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Well you'll have to forgive me for disagreeing with you because I place sports analysis opinions over yours. Yes, they are saying that until Andy wins a playoff game they are not counting his regular season stats. Sorry!

Wrong again.  No one is saying this at all.

Post a link or STFU  this troll game is silly.

(01-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Hammerthis Wrote:  You bring up some valid points that I cannot disagree with. But I guess when you spend money on playoff tickets, airline tickets, hotels and etc. as I have, and witness lack luster performances from the QB you tend want someone else starting at quarterback.

Actually most people in your position want to see the QB start that gives us the best chance of winning.  

Not many people are like you and don't mind if we lose as long as Dalton does not start.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 06:45 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Well you'll have to forgive me for disagreeing with you because I place sports analysis opinions over yours. Yes, they are saying that until Andy wins a playoff game they are not counting his regular season stats. Sorry!

Counting what ??  I think i will take factual evidence over opinions by you or sport analysis pundits any day.

See that is the problem.. you speak with opinion and I speak with facts.  

Here is how absurd saying that if a QB does not win a playoff game he is was not a good QB and what he did in regular season matters zero.. 

Ya Tittle, John Hadl, Jim Hart, Carson Palmer (yet) I believe never won a playoff game and I would consider all of them good QBs during their career.  

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they did not.  They said the liked Mccarron's attitude. but they both said Dalton should start if he is healthy.  Marshall Faulk said there might be a question if McCarron plays well and beats the Steelers, but not now.  I'll find the clip if you want me to.

McCarron has neverv in any way shown that he has more courage than Dalton, and he has clearly shown that he is not as good of a QB as dalton.

And agreeing with skip Bayless makes you look like a clown.  Do you really take what he says seriously?  You are quite the rube.  Everyone knows Bayless loves to say stuoid stuff just to stir the pot.

Correct. They said they like his attitude. I saw the video. They like that McCarron is confident. That's a good thing. But they also said if Dalton is healthy you start him.

They also said earlier while Dalton was playing that they like his confidence and swagger he's portrayed this year as well.

Skip Bayless is just someone who tries to get others talking about what he says.