Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-07-2016

(01-06-2016, 11:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And Russell Wilson moved into the top 5 due to his last 7 weeks.

So what's your point guy? Would it mean more to you  if you've done it in the first seven games of the season? Shocked

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-07-2016

(01-06-2016, 11:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: wow...

Speechless. 
Why are you speechless, because Skip refuses to trust Andy until he wins a playoff game? Like so many on this board, when it comes to Skip, you're butt hurt. 
I'm  speechless that a lot members on this board agree with the likes of "Jungle God Fredtoast". 
I respect a lot of Skip's and Anthony A's opinion and unlike JGF, most of (outside of the Cowboys) Skip's opinions be spot on. Get over yourself!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Brownshoe - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 10:25 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Here are the others on Kirk's list...you may have missed it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000618554/Kurt-Warner-s-Top-5-QBs-of-2015

5. Dalton
6. Cousins
7. Carr

looks like the custers tell a bit more of the story. 

So how do you feel about the guys at 6 & 7? In AD's league? I think they are about the same level as Dalton with Carr having a much better arm...what says you?

There is no doubt #1, #2, #3 are in a different league than  #5, #6, & #7. 

Cousins and Carr both had really good seasons. I think that Dalton would have been in the top 3 of he didn't get injured though.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Rubekahn29 - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:36 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Why are you speechless, because Skip refuses to trust Andy until he wins a playoff game? Like so many on this board, when it comes to Skip, you're butt hurt. 
I'm  speechless that a lot members on this board agree with the likes of "Jungle God Fredtoast". 
I respect a lot of Skip's and Anthony A's opinion and unlike JGF, most of (outside of the Cowboys) Skip's opinions be spot on. Get over yourself!

Skip and Stephen A Smith don't hold valid opinions. Their show is all about extreme and opposing each other and arguing. No way should anyone ever take their opinions seriously. It's all about attention getting. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:56 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Skip and Stephen A Smith don't hold valid opinions. Their show is all about extreme and opposing each other and arguing. No way should anyone ever take their opinions seriously. It's all about attention getting. 

Give it up.  He isn't smart enough to understand.

It is actually kind of fun to watch him cite Bayless as a voice of authority.

Even more fun to watch him flat out lie about what Deion and Irvin said. It just proves how desperate he is.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 10:56 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I can't believe there are people in here that still believe McCarron is the better option long term and would be just as good as Andy has been would he had been the starter to begin the year.

It is rare that QBs develop in a year.  I like McCarron, but he does not react quick enough to me.  He'll learn it, but I'd take Dalton all day every day over him.

I don't see AJM taking over the starting spot unless he takes us to a SB and starts it and Dalton can't make it back into the line up. Even then, I'd still give it only a 40% chance. A lot of what if's would have to come true for that to happen. AJM hasn't proven he's better than Dalton for even one game yet.

Dalton is no longer the Dalton of 2014.

AJM has a ways to go, but to expect him to top Dalton's 2015 play in only a few starts is rather over critical. It took Dalton to his 5th year to play the way he has. To be critical of AJM because he hasn't reached that level in only a few games is rather ridiculous.

(01-06-2016, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they did not.  They said the liked Mccarron's attitude. but they both said Dalton should start if he is healthy.  Marshall Faulk said there might be a question if McCarron plays well and beats the Steelers, but not now.  I'll find the clip if you want me to.

McCarron has neverv in any way shown that he has more courage than Dalton, and he has clearly shown that he is not as good of a QB as dalton.

And agreeing with skip Bayless makes you look like a clown.  Do you really take what he says seriously?  You are quite the rube.  Everyone knows Bayless loves to say stuoid stuff just to stir the pot.
Feeling fancy-free again are we? It's just like you to know what everyone knows.
Look, as I have been telling you for several years now, "Imo in the post season, this team needs a QB with a little more courage than Andy". That's it!
I'm sure you're ready to woo your flock with push of a button, ready made QB stats, and fancy words, but I'm not impressed. I agree with Clemson HC Swinney, players have to bring their own guts (courage), that's not the coaches freaking job. Got any stats for courage?
I say we'll beat the Steelers with AJM. 
Need I remind you of the last time we crossed swords? We put our football-101 wisdom to test by making football bets with our sig-names at stake and I wiped the floor with you. But being a gentleman, I allowed you to keep the name Fredtoast. Remember that? So if your feeling fancy-free again let me know, because I'm not above taking you to the wood-shed again. I'll ware you out son!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 01:18 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Need I remind you of the last time we crossed swords? We put our football-101 wisdom to test by making football bets with our sig-names at stake and I wiped the floor with you. But being a gentleman, I allowed you to keep the name Fredtoast. Remember that? So if your feeling fancy-free again let me know, because I'm not above taking you to the wood-shed again. I'll ware you out son!

I don't remember that happening at all.  Refresh my memory.  What was the bet?

(01-07-2016, 01:18 PM)Hammerthis Wrote:  Got any stats for courage?

Please tell me what proof you have that AJ has more courage than Dalton.

(01-07-2016, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't remember that happening at all.  Refresh my memory.  What was the bet?

Oh my gosh! Are you freaking kidding me?!?

(01-07-2016, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't remember that happening at all.  Refresh my memory.  What was the bet?

That Seattle would beat Denver in the SB, and that Manning would have multiple INTs i.e. a really bad game. 

(01-07-2016, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please tell me what proof you have that AJ has more courage than Dalton.

By observation. Fred this is where football stats leave you naked.

(01-07-2016, 01:43 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: That Seattle would beat Denver in the SB, and that Manning would have multiple INTs i.e. a really bad game. 

I do remember that now.

Did you go by another name back then?

(01-07-2016, 01:47 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: By observation. Fred this is where football stats leave you naked.

Observation of what?

What exactly did you observe that proves he has more courage?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 01:47 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: By observation. Fred this is where football stats leave you naked.

But to make a accurate observation they need to be backed with facts and this is where you would be naked and Fred not...  Rock On

(01-07-2016, 01:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: But to make a accurate observation they need to be backed with facts and this is where you would be naked and Fred not...  Rock On

I don't know how much of football knowledge you have, but if all you know is QB stats, you don't know much.

Any minute now......Colonel Toasts brigade to his rescue  LMAO

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 01:55 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I don't know how much of football knowledge you have, but if all you know is QB stats, you don't know much.

15 years of coaching... at three levels... and I know facts are not opinions... you actually sound more like a parent than a coach

(01-07-2016, 01:55 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I don't know how much of football knowledge you have, but if all you know is QB stats, you don't know much.

Well then enlighten me

(01-07-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Observation of what?

(01-07-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Observation of what?

Fred I'm still waiting for you to fess up to your defeat. Hell.......shouldn't have pulled my chain.