Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 02:16 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Fred I'm still waiting for you to fess up to your defeat. Hell.......shouldn't have pulled my chain.

Then learn how to read

(01-07-2016, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I do remember that now.

Did you go by another name back then?

Now that we are past that tell me exactly what you have observed that proves McCarron has more courage than Dalton.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:07 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: So what's your point guy? Would it mean more to you  if you've done it in the first seven games of the season? Shocked

No. Wilson belongs in the 5-10 conversation regardless, due to his career. I'm just saying that this year, he was pretty mediocre up until his unconscious run at the end. It took what he did to vault him to where he is. Without that ridiculous run, Dalton is ahead of him. That's my point.

Not my opinion. Kurt Warner's. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 02:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 15 years of coaching... at three levels... and I know facts are not opinions... you actually sound more like a parent than a coach

Much respect for you Essex. I've never coached but I have three HS and two college coaches as friends.

(01-07-2016, 11:36 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Why are you speechless, because Skip refuses to trust Andy until he wins a playoff game? Like so many on this board, when it comes to Skip, you're butt hurt. 
I'm  speechless that a lot members on this board agree with the likes of "Jungle God Fredtoast". 
I respect a lot of Skip's and Anthony A's opinion and unlike JGF, most of (outside of the Cowboys) Skip's opinions be spot on. Get over yourself!

I would never trust Skip Bayless' opinion on QBs more than guys who played and know QBs. Especially, if the guy with the opinion is a former QB. 

Some are better than others and i don't hold their opinions equally, but they're all higher than Skip Bayless.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 02:20 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Much respect for you Essex. I've never coached but I have three HS and two college coaches as friends.

thank you and im just having a bit of fun. I do understand that stats do not tell all the story... Have a great day and lets get a win Saturday.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then learn how to read
Lol.....fess-up to losing, then become a grammar cop. Really?

(01-07-2016, 01:18 PM)Hammerthis Wrote:  I'll ware you out son!

(01-07-2016, 01:55 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I don't know how much of football knowledge you have, but if all you know is QB stats, you don't know much.

(01-07-2016, 02:16 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Fred I'm still waiting for you to fess up to your defeat. Hell.......shouldn't have pulled my chain.

After your comment to me about "getting over myself", these post are funny. 

(01-07-2016, 02:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: thank you and im just having a bit of fun. I do understand that stats do not tell all the story... Have a great day and lets get a win Saturday.

Likewise!  ThumbsUp

(01-07-2016, 02:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After your comment to me about "getting over myself", these post are funny. 
For the most part, that was my goal. I'm just poking at Fred, no real harm intent

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 02:26 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Lol.....fess-up to losing, then become a grammar cop. Really?

No.  admit to being wrong and then asking you a question that you refuse to answer.

Are you claiming that you have never been wrong about any football issues inyour whole life?  I will admit that I was wrong.

But i love the way I have you dancing away from the main question.  This is fun.

.........What exactly have you observed that proves Mccarron has more courage than Dalton?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 10:25 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Here are the others on Kirk's list...you may have missed it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000618554/Kurt-Warner-s-Top-5-QBs-of-2015

5. Dalton
6. Cousins
7. Carr

looks like the custers tell a bit more of the story. 

So how do you feel about the guys at 6 & 7? In AD's league? I think they are about the same level as Dalton with Carr having a much better arm...what says you?

There is no doubt #1, #2, #3 are in a different league than  #5, #6, & #7. 

I think Carr is a little high, but I think he has a very bright future. Cousins at 6 is fair. I think Cousins has turned out to be a fantastic young QB. Questioning Dalton's arm at this point is pretty silly. You know what looks even sillier though? You complaining about having the 5th ranked QB. As if that's a bad thing. Give Dalton his props bro, it won't kill you, I promise.  ThumbsUp

(01-07-2016, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  admit to being wrong and then asking you a question that you refuse to answer.

Are you claiming that you have never been wrong about any football issues inyour whole life?  I will admit that I was wrong.

But i love the way I have you dancing away from the main question.  This is fun.

.........What exactly have you observed that proves Mccarron has more courage than Dalton?

Of course I've been wrong before, we all have. I just enjoyed having you cornered like a bear up a tree.  Hilarious

What I like most about AJM? First of all, keep in mind we're in the playoffs now. That means more prep time for defenses i.e. they will bring their A game. 
At this point AJM is not as predictable as Andy. Seemingly, he has a better sense of urgency and he's willing to leave it all on the field. 
That said, if he falters too much, ML can always insert (if healthy) Andy.
I'm confident we can beat the Steelers with AJM, but if Andy starts and looks terrible, we're screwed because ML cannot bench Andy.

(01-07-2016, 04:11 PM)Hammerthis Wrote:  Seemingly, he has a better sense of urgency and he's willing to leave it all on the field. 

Based on what?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what?

His refusal to push the ball downfield apparently....

(01-07-2016, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what?

His decision making. From what little time he's had with the starters so far, I like what I see.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 04:52 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: His decision making. From what little time he's had with the starters do far, I like what I see.

Holding the ball and taking sacks is a good thing? 

(01-07-2016, 04:52 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: His decision making. From what little time he's had with the starters so far, I like what I see.

What decision have you seen him make that proves he has more courage than dalton and is "willing to leave it on the field"?

Are you talking about him being willing to leave the ball on the field in overtime against the Broncos?  Did that show courage

(01-07-2016, 04:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Holding the ball and taking sacks is a good thing? 

Keep in mind, he's playing with the starters for the first time. Based on our teams past, imo we should be defensive lead team anyway. We can win with a meager passing attack but not with INTs.
I'm confident that AJM will show improvement from the past few games.

(01-07-2016, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What decision have you seen him make that proves he has more courage than dalton and is "willing to leave it on the field"?

Are you talking about him being willing to leave the ball on the field in overtime against the Broncos?  Did that show courage

No matter what's said, you are determined to disagree. I get it! Want to place a sig name bet? I say we win if AJM starts. What say you?

(01-07-2016, 05:06 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Keep in mind, he's playing with the starters for the first time. Based on our teams past, imo we should be defensive lead team anyway. We can win with a meager passing attack but not with INTs.
I'm confident that AJM will show improvement from the past few games.

That has nothing to do with who he is as a QB.
He's slow to get rid of the ball. Wouldn't matter who was on the field with him.