Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 05:12 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I say we win if AJM starts. What say you?

I agree.

And AJ is definitely going to start.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 05:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That has nothing to do with who he is as a QB.
He's slow to get rid of the ball. Wouldn't matter who was on the field with him.
He has great preparation skills, mental toughness and equally important, his teammates believe they can win it all with him. Based on all of that, yes, I like what I see in him.
Give him a break man, he's smarter than Andy that's for sure.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 05:32 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Give him a break man, he's smarter than Andy that's for sure.

This troll game is over for me.  There is absolutely zero evidence to support this.  It has to be a troll job.

I'll be back when you make a serious post.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Tiger Teeth - 01-07-2016

Popcorn

(01-07-2016, 07:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Popcorn

Happy New Year, TT.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Tiger Teeth - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Happy New Year, TT.

Same to you fred.  And why are you wasting time with this guy?  He's just trolling you, obvious.

(01-07-2016, 07:11 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Same to you fred.  And why are you wasting time with this guy?  He's just trolling you, obvious.

I'm in the middle of a crack binge.  I can't help myself.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 04:52 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: His decision making. From what little time he's had with the starters so far, I like what I see.

Like the times he failed to pull the trigger on open receivers? Granted, some of it may be his inability (right now) to "throw guys open", something Dalton does regularly (first Balt game on the 80 yarder to green, for example). 

The annoying part is, on a couple of the non-throws, the receiver was clearly open and he failed to fire. I get the "play it safe" mode. That's for the regular season. QB play is magnified in the playoffs. 

Decision-making wise, Dalton is clearly better than McCarron.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This troll game is over for me.  There is absolutely zero evidence to support this.  It has to be a troll job.

+1

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-08-2016

(01-07-2016, 12:38 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't see AJM taking over the starting spot unless he takes us to a SB and starts it and Dalton can't make it back into the line up. Even then, I'd still give it only a 40% chance. A lot of what if's would have to come true for that to happen. AJM hasn't proven he's better than Dalton for even one game yet.

Dalton is no longer the Dalton of 2014.

AJM has a ways to go, but to expect him to top Dalton's 2015 play in only a few starts is rather over critical. It took Dalton to his 5th year to play the way he has. To be critical of AJM because he hasn't reached that level in only a few games is rather ridiculous.

Andy was actually making the same strides at the beginning of last year....then Eifert went down....then Green off and on....MLJ from the get go.  Go back and watch the first drive of the Baltimore game....you'll see just how big a part of ADs game was gonna be 85.  The fact that he and the team made the playoffs at all with that MASH unit was pretty impressive.  

Folks often can't see the forest for the trees....but if you watch closely , you can see glimpses of '15 in '14.  It typically takes a guy 3-5 years to settle in.....depending on skill set.  Andy has been good all along.....others got to sit and learn....then breakout....not face growing pains on the field.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-08-2016

(01-07-2016, 03:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Carr is a little high, but I think he has a very bright future. Cousins at 6 is fair. I think Cousins has turned out to be a fantastic young QB. Questioning Dalton's arm at this point is pretty silly. You know what looks even sillier though? You complaining about having the 5th ranked QB. As if that's a bad thing. Give Dalton his props bro, it won't kill you, I promise.  ThumbsUp

That's why I said the goalposts were moved again.  At first we needed a top 10 QB.....dude gets to top 5....now we need a Brady or a Rodgers....lol.

(01-07-2016, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This troll game is over for me.  There is absolutely zero evidence to support this.  It has to be a troll job.

......and as a lawyer fred....you should know that whole damn post was nothing but conjecture.ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 01:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Andy was actually making the same strides at the beginning of last year....then Eifert went down....then Green off and on....MLJ from the get go.  Go back and watch the first drive of the Baltimore game....you'll see just how big a part of ADs game was gonna be 85.  The fact that he and the team made the playoffs at all with that MASH unit was pretty impressive.  

Folks often can't see the forest for the trees....but if you watch closely , you can see glimpses of '15 in '14.  It typically takes a guy 3-5 years to settle in.....depending on skill set.  Andy has been good all along.....others got to sit and learn....then breakout....not face growing pains on the field.

For three games, then came the NE, Indy and Cleveland. 2015 was a much better year for Dalton, til injury, of course.

(01-08-2016, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: For three games, then came the NE, Indy and Cleveland. 2015 was a much better year for Dalton, til injury, of course.

He played pretty well at NE....there were lots o drops....and seems a crucial fumble?  Cleveland was terrible....but then all QBs have a horrible day now and then.  Indy was bad too.  Otherwise he played pretty well , save for the sick game at Tampa.  Stats don't tell the whole story.  

Of course he looked much better this year , compare the health of his playmakers.  Look at Rodgers' struggles with injuries.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: For three games, then came the NE, Indy and Cleveland. 2015 was a much better year for Dalton, til injury, of course.

That Cleveland game really destroyed his year. If you take away that game, Dalton would have had a career high QB rating.

However, you can't really do that in the NFL.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 01:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: He played pretty well at NE....there were lots o drops....and seems a crucial fumble?  Cleveland was terrible....but then all QBs have a horrible day now and then.  Indy was bad too.  Otherwise he played pretty well , save for the sick game at Tampa.  Stats don't tell the whole story.  

Of course he looked much better this year , compare the health of his playmakers.  Look at Rodgers' struggles with injuries.

(01-08-2016, 04:02 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That Cleveland game really destroyed his year. If you take away that game, Dalton would have had a career high QB rating.

However, you can't really do that in the NFL.

These things are all true and Dalton did start 2014 much better than before. But 2015 was definitely a step up. The panic that was when things weren't going well has faded.

(01-08-2016, 09:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: These things are all true and Dalton did start 2014 much better than before. But 2015 was definitely a step up. The panic that was when things weren't going well has faded.

Most definitely....and I think that was the final piece to his evolution puzzle.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 09:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: These things are all true and Dalton did start 2014 much better than before. But 2015 was definitely a step up. The panic that was when things weren't going well has faded.

2015 he put many critics to rest.

Yes, there were questions about his playoff games.

But primetime games? Dalton was on fire and did extremely well. Texans game, even though he had one of his worst games, he still put them in position to win that game. He was over 80% of the offense against the Cardinals.

Dalton silenced critics on his arm strength, his turnover ratio, how he performs against tougher teams, etc. He really did some amazing things this year that honestly not many people expected. I mean, who would have agreed that Dalton would be up there in MVP talk?

It's a shame he isn't able to play this game, because he could finally silence all the doubters. We can only hope the Bengals advance in the playoffs and Andy finally gets his chance to win a playoff game this season.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-08-2016

Although football is mostly mental, all you seem to accept as evidence is QB stats without discussing the mental make up of Andy. Since you're so keyed up with stats, take a look at your regular season expectations of Andy from the past 5 years. How have they panned out for you? Good to average, to great regular season right?
However, from my view point, you have ended each of the past five post seasons with blown expectations from Andy. 
Now once again, based on stats alone, you would like to see if he can finally put the postseason bug behind him. Correct? 
To that I say "hell no, we're rolling with AJM, Andy's had enough attempts already"!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 03:34 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Although football is mostly mental, all you seem to accept as evidence is QB stats without discussiond on the mental make up of Andy. Since you're so keyed up with stats, I'm suggesting you take a look at your regular season expectations of Andy from the past 5 years. How have they panned out for you? Good to average, to great regular season right?
However, from my view point, you have ended each of the past five post seasons with blown expectations from Andy. 
Now once again, based on stats alone, you would like to see if he can finally put the postseason bug behind him. Correct? 
To that I say "hell no, we're rolling with AJM, Andy's had enough attempts already"!

Dalton has played poorly in the playoffs, as well as the rest of the team, for the most part. 

Thing is, McCarron hasn't played in a playoff game yet. With his inexperience, and what we've seen so far, there's nothing in his makeup that will lead anyone to think he'll automatically do better. 

I'm expecting a win, but i'm expecting it due to the play of the entire team. If McCarron plays well, that's icing on the cake but not really an indicator because if Dalton was playing i'd expect an even better outcome, due to what he's done this year.