Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-08-2016

What it boils down to is, you think there's some unseen, magical ability that McCarron possesses. Only, hardly anyone else, that's not a huge McCarron fan, sees it.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What it boils down to is, you think there's some unseen, magical ability that McCarron possesses. Only, hardly anyone else, that's not a huge McCarron fan, sees it.

No I'm not a huge AJM fan, just interested in seeing if the post season is too big for him. Let our defense lead the team and not our offense.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - OSUfan - 01-09-2016

(01-07-2016, 05:32 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: He has great preparation skills, mental toughness and equally important, his teammates believe they can win it all with him. Based on all of that, yes, I like what I see in him.
Give him a break man, he's smarter than Andy that's for sure.

LMAO........somethings never change. You can always count on certain individuals to do silly things, like bash the intelligence of AD, in a season that he is mentioned as a candidate for league MVP. Oh just comical it is.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 08:45 AM)OSUfan Wrote: LMAO........somethings never change. You can always count on certain individuals to do silly things, like bash the intelligence of AD, in a season that he is mentioned as a candidate for league MVP. Oh just comical it is.

LMAO....the first sentence in your post describes your motto to a tee. Attack, attack, attack anyone not excited about Andy leading this team to a SB. 
Yes, I think AJM is smarter than Andy, and no, that's not bashing!
Not to beat-up on Andy (God loves him), but whenever he's microphoned-up on the sideline or during an interview, he comes across off center.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 11:10 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: LMAO....the first sentence in your post describes your motto to a tee. Attack, attack, attack anyone not excited about Andy leading this team to a SB. 
Not to beat-up on Andy (God loves him), but whenever he's microphoned-up on the sideline or during an interview, he comes across off center.

I believe Dalton received a marketing degree and AJM received  a degree in Health and Environmental Services.. I would probably take the marketing degree over health and environmental services.  As for how someone speaks.. I have a masters degree and have had a speech issue since I was young but I don;t think that is a reflection on my intellect.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 08:45 AM)OSUfan Wrote: LMAO........somethings never change. You can always count on certain individuals to do silly things, like bash the intelligence of AD, in a season that he is mentioned as a candidate for league MVP. Oh just comical it is.

Son!  Where you been?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-09-2016

(01-08-2016, 03:34 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Although football is mostly mental, all you seem to accept as evidence is QB stats without discussing the mental make up of Andy.

Andy always looks smarter than McCarron both on the feld and off.

When you talk about objective observation it is clear that Mccarron's biggest struggles on the filed are mental.  He is just too slow getting the the plays called and the team line up.  Then he struggles to read the defense as fast as Dalton.  Dalton's superior intellect on the filed allows him to get to the line quicker and go through the pre-snap reads and audibles more efficiently.  Then after the snap he reads the coverage quicker and gets the pass off sooner.

More clear evidence of McCarron's mental deficiencies is the fact that his draft status dropped because of the interview process at the combine.  Despite his production in college he dropoped to the 5th round because he was not very sharp mentally.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 11:10 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: LMAO....the first sentence in your post describes your motto to a tee. Attack, attack, attack anyone not excited about Andy leading this team to a SB. 

Serious question Hammer.....if AJM is so much smarter than AD, why hasn't he been able to do things in year two that Dalton was doing in year 1 without OTAs?  Like run no huddle , pre snap reads....etc?  He's been here two years and he can't do it yet , but Dalton was doing it with a bunch of inexperienced guys and as a rookie himself.  Hell.....even his scouting report spoke of his intelligence.  McCarron's pretty much said he was good surrounded by talent and didn't take chances. Mellow

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy always looks smarter than McCarron both on the feld and off.

When you talk about objective observation it is clear that Mccarron's biggest struggles on the filed are mental.  He is just too slow getting the the plays called and the team line up.  Then he struggles to read the defense as fast as Dalton.  Dalton's superior intellect on the filed allows him to get to the line quicker and go through the pre-snap reads and audibles more efficiently.  Then after the snap he reads the coverage quicker and gets the pass off sooner.

More clear evidence of McCarron's mental deficiencies is the fact that his draft status dropped because of the interview process at the combine.  Despite his production in college he dropoped to the 5th round because he was not very sharp mentally.

(01-09-2016, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Serious question Hammer.....if AJM is so much smarter than AD, why hasn't he been able to do things in year two that Dalton was doing in year 1 without OTAs?  Like run no huddle , pre snap reads....etc?  He's been here two years and he can't do it yet , but Dalton was doing it with a bunch of inexperienced guys and as a rookie himself.  Hell.....even his scouting report spoke of his intelligence.  McCarron's pretty much said he was good surrounded by talent and didn't take chances. Mellow

For those who think Wyche is just repeating what I said, we were both tying our posts at the exact same time.

(01-09-2016, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For those who think Wyche is just repeating what I said, we were both tying our posts at the exact same time.

Ha ha ha....wow fred....we're on the same wavelength today?  Scary.....this confirms it , we win tonight!

Rep

Oh....and thanks for clarifying that ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Serious question Hammer.....if AJM is so much smarter than AD, why hasn't he been able to do things in year two that Dalton was doing in year 1 without OTAs?  Like run no huddle , pre snap reads....etc?  He's been here two years and he can't do it yet , but Dalton was doing it with a bunch of inexperienced guys and as a rookie himself.  Hell.....even his scouting report spoke of his intelligence.  McCarron's pretty much said he was good surrounded by talent and didn't take chances. Mellow
Are you suggesting that AJM is slow in learning Hue's system therefore Andy is smarter? Educator I'm not, but I'm pretty sure that's not how to determine if someone is smarter or not. 
Unofficially, I've scouted HS talent and have seen bias first hand by scouts so don't expect me to place what scouts say over what we both can see and hear from Andy.

I realize most on this board are upset that Andy's not going to be on the field for our first playoff W in ages, thats understandable. But ganging up on AJM as if he was the guy who broke Andy's thumb, is shameful. Andy made the decision to tackle a 300lb DL and failed to use proper tackling techniques. He's a good guy, but now it's AJM's team to lose and we need to support him.

BY the way, AJM has better people-skills than Andy so more than likely, he'd make a better leader. Let's give him two years and then see how smart he looks on the field.

(01-09-2016, 01:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ha ha ha....wow fred....we're on the same wavelength today?  Scary.....this confirms it , we win tonight!

Rep
If they win, I'm going to the next game  ThumbsUp

(01-09-2016, 03:03 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: BY the way, AJM has better people-skills than Andy so more than likely, he'd make a better leader. 

I am starting to at least have some respect for your persistence.  No matter how much stupid stuff gets slapped back in your face you just keep coming up with something new.

In a couple of more pages you will be raving about McCarron's psychic ability and superior fly-fishing technique.

(01-09-2016, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy always looks smarter than McCarron both on the feld and off.

People have different learning styles so comparing stats from AJM's first few games is misleading. If you're interested in making a fair comparison, you should wait at least 2 to 3 years.

After witnessing Andy's sideline motivational-speech meltdown speech, how can you believe Andy always looks smarter than AJM on and off the field?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 03:03 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: BY the way, AJM has better people-skills than Andy so more than likely, he'd make a better leader. Let's give him two years and then see how smart he looks on the field.

I bet Andy is better at driving ATV's Ninja

(01-09-2016, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am starting to at least have some respect for your persistence.  No matter how much stupid stuff gets slapped back in your face you just keep coming up with something new.

In a couple of more pages you will be raving about McCarron's psychic ability and superior fly-fishing technique.

Are you suggesting Andy's motivational speeches and interviews are inspiring??  Nervous

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 03:34 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: After witnessing Andy's sideline motivational-speech meltdown speech, how can you believe Andy always looks smarter than AJM on and off the field?

Since when do motivational speeches define intelligence??? Rey Lewis is the smartest man  in the universe to you?

(01-09-2016, 03:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Since when do motivational speeches define intelligence??? Rey Lewis is the smartest man  in the universe to you?

Here they come! The Fredtoast Brigade........charge!

(01-09-2016, 03:41 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Are you suggesting Andy's motivational speeches and interviews are inspiring??  Nervous

Yes.  Much more than Bill Belichick's.  

Do you think McCarron is smarter then Belichick because he can squeal louder?