Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: { The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread } - Devils Advocate - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 10:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No, that was all the DE.  It was tipped at the line and redirected it to the DB.  AJ didn't quit on it, the path of the ball changed.

Yeah I know it was tipped but it didn't affect the path that much. The ball was still within AJ's radius in my opinion, from the angle we were shown. It's hard to know what AJ saw and I generally don't complain about his routes or him attacking the ball. I just feel he coulda done more on this play because that ball was nearly picked off. 

Dalton is a bum - Utts - 09-21-2015

... and he's got off to a fantastic start ... as a huge Dalton critic I feel like I have to acknowledge when he plays well.

We've seen Andy go on some 2-3 game tears before, but the 0 INT's and the way he's getting rid of the ball is really impressive. He's also made some exceptional throws into tight windows.

He obviously can't play like this every week. My hope is his lows will be more "meh", than horrific dips. If he can smooth out the high/lows, maybe he'll have his best season ever.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Brownshoe - 09-21-2015

Why can't he play like this every week? This is the first year he has a complete offense around him.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Thefinalcut813 - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 01:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why can't he play like this every week? This is the first year he has a complete offense around him.

Your Avatar says it all.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Utts - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 01:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why can't he play like this every week? This is the first year he has a complete offense around him.

There's nothing in his Bengals career that would suggest he's capable of that, but this is the best supporting cast he's had.

(09-21-2015, 01:46 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Your Avatar says it all.

Oh boo hoo.

RE: Dalton is a bum - GreenCornBengal - 09-21-2015

I understand where Utts is coming from, expecting Dalton to slip up at some point.... but, Dalton looks a LOT different with Eifert out there. He is seeing the field better so far this year IMO, and hopefully he keeps it up. Much less AJ Green so far this season, which I think means less INTS overall.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Joelist - 09-21-2015

This is the first season he has had an outlet target who can work the middle of the field, not to mention a big endzone target.

After all the torment we have endured from other clubs pass catching TEs it is nice to have one ourselves.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Bengalzona - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 01:39 AM)Utts Wrote: ... and he's got off to a fantastic start ... as a huge Dalton critic I feel like I have to acknowledge when he plays well.

We've seen Andy go on some 2-3 game tears before, but the 0 INT's and the way he's getting rid of the ball is really impressive. He's also made some exceptional throws into tight windows.

He obviously can't play like this every week. My hope is his lows will be more "meh", than horrific dips. If he can smooth out the high/lows, maybe he'll have his best season ever.

I agree all around. I'm neither a Dalton-lover nor a Dalton-hater. I see him for what he is: an NFL-caliber QB, but a mediocre NFL-caliber QB. I think he is playing as well as his talent level will allow, which is enough. You can't ask or expect more from him. If he plays this way all season and with the talent provided all around him, this will be our best season in over 25 years IMO.

But in the end (and some of you won't like hearing it again), nothing will matter if they don't make the playoffs and win at least one. Those are the expectations. Period.

RE: Dalton is a bum - West Union KennyG - 09-21-2015

Lol - yea, AD is an "average to below average NFL QB."
Anyone who doesn't have him top-10 is a moron, and I'd argue he's top-5.
A lot of the discussion around AD reminds me of the first year Cincy went to the SuperBowl and after game 1 people were booing Kenny Anderson and wanting him benched. Some things never change.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Fresno B - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 02:12 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Lol - yea, AD is an "average to below average NFL QB."  
A lot of the discussion around AD reminds me of the first year Cincy went to the SuperBowl and after game 1 people were booing Kenny Anderson and wanting him benched.  Some things never change.
Top 5? That's laughable. Dalton is playing excellent right now, but let the season progress before we annoint him to high. I'm surprised that he has no ints because usually he would have a few at this point. I like what I see so far so who knows. But right now he's still an avg QB.

(09-21-2015, 02:12 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Lol - yea, AD is an "average to below average NFL QB."  
A lot of the discussion around AD reminds me of the first year Cincy went to the SuperBowl and after game 1 people were booing Kenny Anderson and wanting him benched.  Some things never change.

I doubt anybody outside of Cincinnati considers him top 10, and to suggest he's top 5 is absurd and I suspect trolling on your part.

(09-21-2015, 02:22 AM)Utts Wrote: I doubt anybody outside of Cincinnati considers him top 10, and to suggest he's top 5 is absurd and I suspect trolling on your part.

Absolutely not. Quite honestly, when I look at his body of work, I really don't know how you can say that.
I may not have posted much around here, but on the original site I was one of the original members and have never been called a troll.

(09-21-2015, 02:29 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Absolutely not.  Quite honestly, when I look at his body of work, I really don't know how you can say that.
I may not have posted much around here, but on the original site I was one of the original members and have never been called a troll.

Dalton was drafted to a 4-12 team that lost their QB and top 2 receivers. The Bengals only went to the playoffs twice in 20+ years before he was drafted. Dalton brought them to the playoffs 4 times in a row (and most likely 5). He broke the Bengals single season yards and TD records. He is one of 4 QBs to throw 80+ TDs in their first 3 years (Marino, Manning, Dalton, Luck). He only needs a few more road wins to have the most road wins in their first 5 years.

But Dalton sucks Ninja

(09-21-2015, 02:22 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Top 5? That's laughable. Dalton is playing excellent right now, but let the season progress before we annoint him to high. I'm surprised that he has no ints because usually he would have a few at this point. I like what I see so far so who knows. But right now he's still an avg QB.

Your average QB has some very impressive above average stats - not just this year, but every year he has played.
As "Waynesboro Kennyg" on the original site, I've been on record saying this for quite some time, not just because we started 2-0 so far.

(09-21-2015, 02:29 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Absolutely not.  Quite honestly, when I look at his body of work, I really don't know how you can say that.

Okay so I apologize for the troll comment, but how do you make a case for top 5?

(09-21-2015, 02:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton was drafted to a 4-12 team that lost their QB and top 2 receivers. The Bengals only went to the playoffs twice in 20+ years before he was drafted. Dalton brought them to the playoffs 4 times in a row (and most likely 5). He broke the Bengals single season yards and TD records. He is one of 4 QBs to throw 80+ TDs in their first 3 years (Marino, Manning, Dalton, Luck). He only needs a few more road wins to have the most road wins in their first 5 years.

But Dalton sucks Ninja

Exactly. I really didn't mean to stir anything up. It's just sometimes I wonder if I'm in Jungle Noise or Smack Talk.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Fresno B - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 02:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton was drafted to a 4-12 team that lost their QB and top 2 receivers. The Bengals only went to the playoffs twice in 20+ years before he was drafted. Dalton brought them to the playoffs 4 times in a row (and most likely 5). He broke the Bengals single season yards and TD records. He is one of 4 QBs to throw 80+ TDs in their first 3 years (Marino, Manning, Dalton, Luck). He only needs a few more road wins to have the most road wins in their first 5 years.

But Dalton sucks Ninja

Same could be said for Green and a host of other players drafted at the same time or thereafter.

(09-21-2015, 02:39 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Same could be said for Green and a host of other players drafted at the same time or thereafter.

Green broke the Bengals single season yards and TDs? Green had 80+ TDs in his first 3 years? Green is a great receiver, but he wasn't thrown to the wolves like Dalton was.

(09-21-2015, 02:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Green broke the Bengals single season yards and TDs? Green had 80+ TDs in his first 3 years? Green is a great receiver, but he wasn't thrown to the wolves like Dalton was.

80+ TDs in 3 years is really good.