Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 03:08 AM)Stormborn Wrote: It's been a long day man I'm sorry, have a good night.

Yeah, it was an ugly night for every Bengals fan.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 03:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton was out and the choking continued. 3 fumbles and a pick for McCarron, 5 fumbles total, 2 false starts for Whit, o-line was terrible, Burfict and Pacman with 2 silly penalties, etc etc.

Dalton isn't the problem, nor is any other player. It's the man who coaches this undiscipled mess.

Ok, but who is responsible or whom do you give credit for players mental performance during the regular season?  Mellow

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-10-2016

(01-09-2016, 08:01 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Another thing that has not changed with you. Not addressing the content of the post rather attacking people such as myself and Fred all the while playing the victim role. Same old same old.

Now you are subtle? I welcome the change. In the past, seemingly, you were purposely antagonizing. That's why you get the horns/attack. You don't, and I won't! Deal?
As for Fred, same thing, just not as much. After being away from this board awhile myself, he greeted me with "F" bombs. I'm not complaining, just pointing out. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 05:28 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Sure, Dalton deserves his criticism for numerous plays he's had in the post season. But even with the game in hand, this is what happens.

If we're going to blame Dalton for his own stupid plays, then lets blame Hill for his fumble, McCarron for playing like garbage, Burfict and Pacman for melting down, Whit for losing his discipline, etc etc. See what I saying? You either blame the coach for all the players choking or you don't. You can't have it both ways. 

Fwiw, Dalton and McCarron were both clutch in big situations in college. Now look at them. Now look at Palmer since he landed in AZ.

(01-10-2016, 11:23 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Ok, but who is responsible or whom do you give credit for players mental performance during the regular season?  Mellow

Head coach as well. Marv has always been good at preparing his team for the rigors of the regular season. He's also always been terrible at preparing his team for the playoffs. I think these are well established facts by now.

(01-10-2016, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we're going to blame Dalton for his own stupid plays, then lets blame Hill for his fumble, McCarron for playing like garbage, Burfict and Pacman for melting down, Whit for losing his discipline, etc etc. See what I saying? You either blame the coach for all the players choking or you don't. You can't have it both ways. 

Fwiw, Dalton and McCarron were both clutch in big situations in college. Now look at them. Now look at Palmer since he landed in AZ.

Head coach as well. Marv has always been good at preparing his team for the rigors of the regular season. He's also always been terrible at preparing his team for the playoffs. I think these are well established facts by now.

I'm trying to find the logic here. Are you suggesting ML has two different coaching styles, one for the regular season, and one for the post season? 

B
(01-10-2016, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we're going to blame Dalton for his own stupid plays, then lets blame Hill for his fumble, McCarron for playing like garbage,

AJM played like garbage? Fine, but he played better than any of our quarterbacks in recent postseason memory, including your boy Andy.
As for as comparing what QBs do in college to what they do in the NFL, that's ridiculous!
Palmer going to other teams and performing well is your only legitimate example. But what about the other QBs who departed the team under ML? Have they won in the playoffs?
Include all of the facts.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 01:36 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Fine, but he played better than any of our quarterbacks in recent postseason memory, including your boy Andy.

No he didn't.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-10-2016

I feel if Andy played this game we would be talking about the offensive futility that ensued the whole game.

If we lost this game the exact same way, it would be on Andy, that is just how it has been.

"It wouldn't have mattered if Hill fumbled if Andy had scored more points earlier."
"Can you belive that lame duck int he threw early in the game? Get rid of noodle arm!"
"Three fumbles? Three? THREE?!"
"AJ Green would get like 200 yards with any novice QB in there, too bad we have Dalton"
"Dalton should have shown more leadership and told Tez and Pac to not pull their shenanigans!"

Ninja

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 04:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel if Andy played this game we would be talking about the offensive futility that ensued the whole game.

If we lost this game the exact same way, it would be on Andy, that is just how it has been.

"It wouldn't have mattered if Hill fumbled if Andy had scored more points earlier."
"Can you belive that lame duck int he threw early in the game? Get rid of noodle arm!"
"Three fumbles? Three? THREE?!"
"AJ Green would get like 200 yards with any novice QB in there, too bad we have Dalton"
"Dalton should have shown more leadership and told Tez and Pac to not pull their shenanigans!"

Ninja

The sad thing is, it's already happening and he didn't even play

(01-10-2016, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 68.3

No he didn't.

If only QB stats meant everything, you'd be right ThumbsUp

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Joelist - 01-10-2016

McCarron did not play well at all. The only reason we even had a chance to win was a PI Green drew on a poor throw and a blown coverage that let Green handle yet another poor throw like a center fielder. He showed zero pocket awareness, was a bit better getting the ball out but still slow and inaccurate high all night.

In other words he played like a fifth round pick who is an okay backup.

Do I think Andy wins this? Yes, but he was injured and thus it doesn't matter. You could see it in Andy all this year - he was reading defenses, audibling fast and correct and by getting the ball out extremely fast covered up for OL deficiencies. This was a bad way to end the season and you could see it in Andy's responses to the press - he was VERY unhappy with how things turned out.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-11-2016

(01-09-2016, 03:03 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Are you suggesting that AJM is slow in learning Hue's system therefore Andy is smarter? Educator I'm not, but I'm pretty sure that's not how to determine if someone is smarter or not. 
Unofficially, I've scouted HS talent and have seen bias first hand by scouts so don't expect me to place what scouts say over what we both can see and hear from Andy.

I realize most on this board are upset that Andy's not going to be on the field for our first playoff W in ages, thats understandable. But ganging up on AJM as if he was the guy who broke Andy's thumb, is shameful. Andy made the decision to tackle a 300lb DL and failed to use proper tackling techniques. He's a good guy, but now it's AJM's team to lose and we need to support him.

BY the way, AJM has better people-skills than Andy so more than likely, he'd make a better leader. Let's give him two years and then see how smart he looks on the field.

Um.....they've BOTH had two years in Hue's system. Mellow

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-11-2016

(01-10-2016, 05:10 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: If only QB stats meant everything, you'd be right ThumbsUp

That particular stat pretty much does though.....Mellow

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - rfaulk34 - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 12:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: That particular stat pretty much does though.....Mellow

As well as the "eye test". McCarron made a couple throws late, but other than that, wasn't very good. 

To be expected, due to his inexperience. But the Dalton v McCarron comparisons aren't even close to being close right now.

Maybe we could wait 4 1/2 more years to see if it equals out? Mellow

(01-11-2016, 01:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As well as the "eye test". McCarron made a couple throws late, but other than that, wasn't very good. 

To be expected, due to his inexperience. But the Dalton v McCarron comparisons aren't even close to being close right now.

Maybe we could wait 4 1/2 more years to see if it equals out? Mellow

Yeah....he was awful.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 01:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....he was awful.

To my knowledge, no NFL coaches or anyone in sports media seems to share your opinion. As for this board, from what I've read, no one is saying the kid was magnificent, and only a small minority believe he was awful. 
It wasn't how he started the game deserves praise, but how he finished it. Give this kid some credit for not getting rattled going down the stretch! He's can be a winner in the post season.
It reminded me of how it's not more important how a QB starts a season but how he finishes it. 

(01-11-2016, 01:33 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: To my knowledge, no NFL coaches or anyone in sports media seems to share your opinion. As for this board, from what I've read, no one is saying the kid was magnificent, and only a small minority believe he was awful. 
It wasn't how he started the game deserves praise, but how he finished it. Give this kid some credit for not getting rattled going down the stretch! He's can be a winner in the post season.
It reminded me of how it's not more important how a QB starts a season but how he finishes it. 

Yeah....he was awful.

As for the pundits, who knows what they think....they're all too busy on the Burfict witch hunt.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 12:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um.....they've BOTH had two years in Hue's system. Mellow

Correct! But only Andy has two years of working with the starters and those of us who played football can tell you, "nothing duplicates game time exp". Mellow

(01-11-2016, 01:45 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Correct! But only Andy has two years of working with the starters and those of us who played football can tell you, "nothing duplicates game time exp". Mellow

I've played and coached, and studied coaching philosophy under a two time Division 1-AA National Champ, what's your point?  Chemistry with WRs has NOTHING to do with pre snap reads, alignments, getting plays in, and reading defenses.  Surely someone who has played knows this.....he's had two years to watch film, run plays in practice and OTAs learn tendencies, learn the verbiage, learn to read coverages and alignments, etc.  When you're talking about pre snap, you're not talking reps with players.....football 095.

(01-11-2016, 01:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....he was awful.

As for the pundits, who knows what they think....they're all too busy on the Burfict witch hunt.

Yea....just pundits until they agree you. Ok!  ThumbsUp