Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 01:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've played and coached, and studied coaching philosophy under a two time Division 1-AA National Champ, what's your point?  Chemistry with WRs has NOTHING to do with pre snap reads, alignments, getting plays in, and reading defenses.  Surely someone who has played knows this.....he's had two years to watch film, run plays in practice and OTAs learn tendencies, learn the verbiage, learn to read coverages and alignments, etc.  When you're talking about pre snap, you're not talking reps with players.....football 095.

My bad....Dammit! I've got to put "Coaching" next to your name.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 01:57 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: My bad....Dammit! I've got to put "Coaching" next to your name.

Hardly.....I only coached Youth League a  few years while I was still in college, went back to help my old coach out.  But if you're going to question my acumen based on the old "those of us who have played understand" mantra, it's only fair that I let you know that I played, did a little coaching, and studied the game some.  While certainly no expert, I do have at least some intimate knowledge of the sport.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 01:55 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Yea....just pundits until they agree you. Ok!  ThumbsUp

Honestly, I haven't seen any reports on AJM's performance.  All I have seen is the massive amounts of butthurt from StoolerNation and the media......after a win.  Feel free to link the praise.  I just go by what I see....I saw a pretty bad performance, but the weather was bad, and our coaching didn't help matters, never does.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, I haven't seen any reports on AJM's performance.  All I have seen is the massive amounts of butthurt from StoolerNation and the media......after a win.  Feel free to link the praise.  I just go by what I see....I saw a pretty bad performance, but the weather was bad, and our coaching didn't help matters, never does.

The reports will be the same AJM reports from his time at Alabama. 
"tough gritty performance" 
Ignoring that he was a big reason we were down late and how bad his overall play was. 

(01-11-2016, 02:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The reports will be the same AJM reports from his time at Alabama. 
"tough gritty performance" 
Ignoring that he was a big reason we were down late and how bad his overall play was. 

Sounds about right.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 03:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sounds about right.

The exact opposite if it were Dalton 

(01-11-2016, 03:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The exact opposite if it were Dalton 

.....undoubtedly.

(01-11-2016, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....undoubtedly.

which is hilarious given the circumstances in his first 2 playoff games. 
He was always asked to do a lot more, even when the talent around him was basically just AJ.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 03:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: which is hilarious given the circumstances in his first 2 playoff games. 
He was always asked to do a lot more, even when the talent around him was basically just AJ.

It doesn't surprise me at all. It goes back to the media narrative.

Dalton - Ginger, underdog, strange Christian, choker.

McCarron - Pretty Boy, National Championship QB, cool guy, game manager (in the good way).

Dalton has a much MUCH shorter leash than McCarron just by nature.

(01-11-2016, 03:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It doesn't surprise me at all. It goes back to the media narrative.

McCarron - Pretty Boy, National Championship QB, cool guy, game manager (in the good way).

....and now we also have the Vontaze Burfict media narrative:

lead with your shoulder wearing 55 in stripes and hit a WR's head = disgraceful, targeting, uncalled for, dirty.

lead with the crown of your helmet into the jaw of an opposing player wearing 50 in the piss and yellow = "unfortunate"  Mellow

Just lovely.......

(01-11-2016, 03:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It doesn't surprise me at all. It goes back to the media narrative.

Which if you ask me, Dalton's Rose Bowl win was more impressive than either Bama NC win. 

The narrative game is fun.

Cam Newton has a kid out of wedlock - OMG he's a bad role model!

Tom Brady left his pregnant wife to be with a super model - He's wholesome and a hero to kids! 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-11-2016

Or could it just be before speaking, those in the media takes into consideration the amount of exp Andy has vs AJM? I think it's totally appropriate for a 5 year starting QB with 1st round talent at nearly every position around him, to be held to a higher level than a 2 year back-up QB. 

The media narrative: "Andy just played his best regular season ever, that's great! But before we trust him or consider him elit, he needs to perform much better in the playoffs." 
AJM proved that this team can be competitive with just about any NFL QB at the helms. And that's a good thing! ThumbsUp

(01-11-2016, 04:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Which if you ask me, Dalton's Rose Bowl win was more impressive than either Bama NC win. 

The narrative game is fun.

Cam Newton has a kid out of wedlock - OMG he's a bad role model!

Tom Brady left his pregnant wife to be with a super model - He's wholesome and a hero to kids! 

Seriously, did Brady really do that?

(01-11-2016, 05:54 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Seriously, did Brady really do that?

Yes.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Joelist - 01-11-2016

Actually Brady left his pregnant supermodel girlfriend (Bridget Moyhihan) to be with another supermodel (Gisele Bundchen) who he later married. Doesn't make him a better role model but we should be accurate.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengal Dude - 01-11-2016

From wiki:

Quote:Brady dated actress Bridget Moynahan from 2004 until late 2006.[146] On February 18, 2007, Moynahan confirmed to People magazine that she was more than three months pregnant with Brady's and her child.[146][147] Brady and Moynahan ended their relationship sometime in early December 2006, around the time Moynahan became pregnant.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BigSeph - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, I haven't seen any reports on AJM's performance.  All I have seen is the massive amounts of butthurt from StoolerNation and the media......after a win.  Feel free to link the praise.  I just go by what I see....I saw a pretty bad performance, but the weather was bad, and our coaching didn't help matters, never does.

Quote:UP

AJ McCarron: You have to give the backup quarterback high marks for the way he responded to some adverse conditions. Rain and a 15-point fourth-quarter deficit were ultimately no match for him. He led what had once appeared to be an improbable comeback, capping it with a 25-yard touchdown pass to A.J. Green that sent Paul Brown Stadium into a veritable frenzy. Had it not been for some other late drama, that touchdown pass might have gone down as one of the biggest plays in Bengals history.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21072/bengals-steelers-aj-mccarron-vontaze-burfict-adam-jones-secondary-up-down-playoffs

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 06:17 PM)BigSeph Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21072/bengals-steelers-aj-mccarron-vontaze-burfict-adam-jones-secondary-up-down-playoffs

Here is one not so favorable for AJM

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21034/bengals-steelers-nfl-playoffs-aj-mccarron-sloppy-start 

(01-11-2016, 06:17 PM)BigSeph Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21072/bengals-steelers-aj-mccarron-vontaze-burfict-adam-jones-secondary-up-down-playoffs

.....even that was a pretty bad pass.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-11-2016

Well you McCarron fans had your fun. Now he's back to the bench, no doubt.

But look on the bright side, maybe he'll get traded to a team where he'll actually have a shot at starting.

I bet Hue would take him if he lands in Cleveland or maybe SF.