Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well you McCarron fans had your fun. Now he's back to the bench, no doubt.

But look on the bright side, maybe he'll get traded to a team where he'll actually have a shot at starting.

I bet Hue would take him if he lands in Cleveland or maybe SF.

I hope not.....I like the idea of a guy like AJM being there in a pinch.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hope not.....I like the idea of a guy like AJM being there in a pinch.

Me too actually, but if Hue makes a great offer...

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well you McCarron fans had your fun. Now he's back to the bench, no doubt.

But look on the bright side, maybe he'll get traded to a team where he'll actually have a shot at starting.

I bet Hue would take him if he lands in Cleveland or maybe SF.

Hue gonna give us another parting gift? 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hope not.....I like the idea of a guy like AJM being there in a pinch.
I like AJM period. The games not too big for him.....he's only going to get better.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - treee - 01-12-2016

Damn I wonder what was going through Dalton's head this last game. That must have been maddening. Like watching a monkey (AJM) drive his car (the offense) in the Indy 500 or something.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - tlotharw - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 02:29 AM)treee Wrote: Damn I wonder what was going through Dalton's head this last game. That must have been maddening. Like watching a monkey (AJM) drive his car (the offense) in the Indy 500 or something.

Who was the monkey driving the playoff carte last four years?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 08:36 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Who was the monkey driving the playoff carte last four years?

But Andy didn't have enough offensive weapons around him. He also had to deal with a poor OL, WRs dropping passes, and  Hue's new system. Did I leave anything out? Nervous

On a more serious note, he had a great season. We just have to wait to see how he'll perform in the post season. For a viable option, I like the idea of holding on to AJM.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 11:23 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: But Andy didn't have enough offensive weapons around him. He also had to deal with poor OL, WRs dropping passes, and  Hue's new system. Did I leave anything out? Nervous

And this year he was playing at a top 5 level. Nervous

(01-12-2016, 11:31 AM)Fresno B Wrote: And this year he was playing at a top 5 level. Nervous

This year counts, but it's not to be compared amongst the elite QBs until he performs well in the post season.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-12-2016

Dalton has established himself as a top tier Qb lets hope we keep him healthy next seasom, we need him as our starter

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 01-12-2016

I want to keep AJM as our back up.

Every NFL team needs a good back up QB. Andy was lucky to make it this long without being injured, and in past years I don't think we would have won a game with the back ups we had.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I want to keep AJM as our back up.

Every NFL team needs a good back up QB.  Andy was lucky to make it this long without being injured, and in past years I don't think we would have won a game with the back ups we had.

I totally agree .. AJM performed well enough that we know we have a viable option of Dalton goes down.  Also I serious doubt we are going to get a 2nd round pick for AJM.. he performed well as a backup but 2-2 in 4 games without throwing more than 250 i believe in any of the games he started is not going to move the needle enough to raise his value to 2nd round status besides we could get a 2nd round i still would not do it... He is under contract.. and a good safety net for Dalton.. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 02:20 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: I like AJM period. The games not too big for him.....he's only going to get better.

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

We know.....we know.....

(01-12-2016, 02:20 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: I like AJM period. The games not too big for him.....he's only going to get better.

I hope he does get better.. no different than Dalton did in his first 5 years.. Keep him for a backup next year.. and after that we draft a good backup like AJM and we get a draft pick or so for AJM .. The bengals get the best of both worlds.. a good backup for a couple years and then trade that in for a decent round draft pick... 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 02:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I hope he does get better.. no different than Dalton did in his first 5 years.. Keep him for a backup next year.. and after that we draft a good backup like AJM and we get a draft pick or so for AJM .. The bengals get the best of both worlds.. a good backup for a couple years and then trade that in for a decent round draft pick... 

That's what I want. Keep McCarron for this coming year, then trade him off in 2017. He'd leave for a starting gig somewhere when his contract is up anyway. Then take another good QB prospect. Rinse, repeat.

(01-12-2016, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I want. Keep McCarron for this coming year, then trade him off in 2017. He'd leave for a starting gig somewhere when his contract is up anyway. Then take another good QB prospect. Rinse, repeat.

Without knowing the results of the 2016 season, that could be a bad move. Not only that, but it's bad precedent to rinse and wash good players.

(01-12-2016, 05:40 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Without knowing the results of the 2016 season, that could be a bad move. Not only that, but it's bad precedent to rinse and wash good players.

We would trade him after next season so 2016  would be over unless major injury to Dalton 2016 would not matter

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 02:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I hope he does get better.. no different than Dalton did in his first 5 years.. Keep him for a backup next year.. and after that we draft a good backup like AJM and we get a draft pick or so for AJM .. The bengals get the best of both worlds.. a good backup for a couple years and then trade that in for a decent round draft pick... 

Dalton ain't good enough to think about trading AJM. You sound foolish to even insinuate it. Guys like you would trade the whole team just so Dalton can??? This is What has me lost. This is the Bengals not the Daltons.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - OSUfan - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Me too actually, but if Hue makes a great offer...

I am relatively certain that he is under contract.

(01-12-2016, 09:11 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton ain't good enough to think about trading AJM. You sound foolish to even insinuate it. Guys like you would trade the whole team just so Dalton can??? This is What has me lost. This is the Bengals not the Daltons.

Of course I would trade AJM after next season especially if he is a FA... why keep him as a backup.. we have our franchise QB in Dalton.. 
AJM is going to be on the bench.. I am fine keeping him until we can get something for him before he goes on as a FA..

There will be other backups that will be able fill the void if Dalton gets hurt.. actually I would probably draft another QB going into AJM last year... to replace him.  Are you saying we should trade our franchise QB in Dalton ??? that would be something Browns might do.. lol