Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - McC - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm happy either way. If we keep Mac, we have a good backup. The only way I'd trade him now is if someone dangled a 2nd round pick. Otherwise, I'd keep him this year. Now next year? I'd actively look for a trade partner because when Mac's contract is up, he's as good as gone. He'll surely look for a place where he can compete for a starting gig. 

He's on a three year rookie deal, right?

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 11:28 PM)McC Wrote: He's on a three year rookie deal, right?

4 year deal. He's a FA in 2018.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/a.j.-mccarron/

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2016

(01-13-2016, 02:22 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm not one of them, BUT....

I keep having this lingering irrational thought where I blame Dalton for this playoff loss.  That his stupid interception and childlike attempt at tackling is what doomed us.

Might as well....he gets blamed for everything !

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengal Dude - 01-14-2016

(01-13-2016, 11:28 PM)McC Wrote: He's on a three year rookie deal, right?

(01-13-2016, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4 year deal. He's a FA in 2018.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/a.j.-mccarron/

Under the new CBA all rookie draft contracts are 4 year deals. First rounders have a 5th year option.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 03:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: Might as well....he gets blamed for everything !

Damnit Dalton, drink more milk next season!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 04:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Damnit Dalton, drink more milk next season!

LMAO +1

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 04:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Damnit Dalton, drink more milk next season!

I drink lots of milk and I've never broken a bone, of course I've never tried to tackle a 300 lb wall of muscle either.

I wonder what was going through Dalton's mind as he sized him up? I imagine it was something along the lines of "oh shit".

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - GreenCornBengal - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 05:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I drink lots of milk and I've never broken a bone, of course I've never tried to tackle a 300 lb wall of muscle either.

I wonder what was going through Dalton's mind as he sized him up? I imagine it was something along the lines of "oh shit".

I feel like Andy's goal this year was to eliminate pick 6's. He was probably thinking NOT TODAY! NOT AGAINST THE STEELERS! (even though there is no way dough boy would make it down the field) and then ouch my thumb haha.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-14-2016

I mean, he did the right thing. Go at the big man's knees. Just a freak accident.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 08:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean, he did the right thing. Go at the big man's knees. Just a freak accident.

Throwing it right to the big guy was the mistake, not tackling him. Just saying.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 08:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Throwing it right to the big guy was the mistake, not tackling him. Just saying.

It was a freak INT. Dude was just in the right spot at the right time.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-15-2016

(01-14-2016, 11:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It was a freak INT. Dude was just in the right spot at the right time.

NO! ALL ANDY'S FAULT!

The defense can't make a good play!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - wolfkaosaun - 01-17-2016

(01-15-2016, 12:41 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: NO! ALL ANDY'S FAULT!

The defense can't make a good play!

Every interception is on Dalton.

But every turnover by McCarron isn't his fault. It's Andy's. Because he's taking away all the reps.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-17-2016

(01-17-2016, 07:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Every interception is on Dalton.

But every turnover by McCarron isn't his fault. It's Andy's. Because he's taking away all the reps.

That's pretty much how this has evolved. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - BengalChris - 01-18-2016

(01-17-2016, 07:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Every interception is on Dalton.

(01-17-2016, 02:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's pretty much how this has evolved. 

You guys are ridiculous.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-18-2016

(01-14-2016, 08:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Throwing it right to the big guy was the mistake, not tackling him. Just saying.

Actually  bad technique by Gio and a heads up and play by lineman was really how the played developed .... 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Fresno B - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 11:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually  bad technique by Gio and a heads up and play by lineman was really how the played developed .... 

Nope. He should have threw it in the dirt. I guess that's asking too much from a 5 year vet. Gio bad nothing to do with it. Sad

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 12:30 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You guys are ridiculous.

Good to see you can still pick up on jokes/sarcasm

(01-18-2016, 11:31 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Nope. He should have threw it in the dirt. I guess that's asking too much from a 5 year vet. Gio bad nothing to do with it. Sad

Actually it was. Gio didn't sell his block to slow the DL down. And then Tuitt made a great read on it.

Believe it or not, the defense is allowed to make plays without it being the fault of the QB. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 04:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Actually it was. Gio didn't sell his block to slow the DL down. And then Tuitt made a great read on it.

Believe it or not, the defense is allowed to make plays without it being the fault of the QB. 

You know, even if that was a bad play by Dalton (I don't think it was), how many WTF throws did he have this year? One?

Every QB throws a few passes that make you scratch your head every year. Heck, Carson had a couple against us and that was just one game.

Dalton had a phenomenal year and if you're hating on him over a single pass, it really is telling.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 11:31 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Nope. He should have threw it in the dirt. I guess that's asking too much from a 5 year vet. Gio bad nothing to do with it. Sad

I believe here is the link of the play ,, it shows Gio having a horrible fake block.. and the lineman just jumped on the play... Gio does what he is supposed to do, no way the lineman makes any play on the ball.  I guess Gio with all those years of experience at Running back needs to learn how to setup this play.   Hilarious

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/it2k.mp4