Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 02:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If that were the case then why was Cam Newton voted in? Cam has had 2 different Pro Bowl performances that were as bad or worse.

In 2011, he went 9/27 (33.3%) with 3 INTs and a 43.7 rating.
In 2013, he went 8/17 (47.1%) with 1 INT and a 40.1 rating.
Dalton went 9/20 (45.0%) with 0 INT and a 54.0 rating.
In 2011, Dalton went 7/9 (77.8%) with 2 TDs, 0 INT and a 152 rating.

So Cam has been far worse than Dalton in the Pro Bowl.
It's simple, Cam had a superior season that without question warranted a selection to the PB. Not so much for Andy's 2014 season.
Furthermore, you do realize that stats don't reveal the performance in all aspects of QB play, correct? I'm guessing Cam would have been booed off the field just like Andy was if he performed the same as Andy.
Yes, Andy's performance (not stats) were worse than Cam's.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 03:55 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: It's simple, Cam had a superior season that without question warranted a selection to the PB. Not so much for Andy's 2014 season.
Furthermore, you do realize that stats don't reveal the performance in all aspects of QB play, correct? I'm guessing Cam would have been booed off the field just like Andy was if he performed the same as Andy.  
Yes, Andy's performance (not stats) were worse than Cam's.

Look. Chris suggested that Andy didn't make the Pro Bowl because people were scared off by his terrible performance in the '14 Pro Bowl.

Dalton's '15 season was just as Pro Bowl worthy as Cam's, and they've both had awful pro bowl performance(s) therefore both should've made it.

As for the crap you said about stats not telling the story, please tell me more about how Cam looked better than Dalton despite completing only 38.6% and throwing 4 INTs. I'll wait. I guess the 4 INTs weren't his fault and the receivers dropped a bunch of passes? Lol.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As for the crap you said about stats not telling the story, please tell me more about how Cam looked better than Dalton despite completing only 38.6% and throwing 4 INTs. I'll wait. I guess the 4 INTs weren't his fault and the receivers dropped a bunch of passes? Lol.

Yes, Cam and Andy both had poor PB performances, however, I think there were distinct difference in their performances. Andy was further off the mark than Cam on wide open WRs and had way too many silly check downs. That imo is why he was booed off the field.
Lastly, stop being so darn condescending when defending Andy, you're better than that.

(02-04-2016, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As for the crap you said about stats not telling the story, please tell me more about how Cam looked better than Dalton despite completing only 38.6% and throwing 4 INTs. I'll wait. I guess the 4 INTs weren't his fault and the receivers dropped a bunch of passes? Lol.

Yes, Cam and Andy both had poor PB performances, however, there was a difference in both of their performances. Andy was further off the mark than Cam on wide open WRs and had way too many silly check downs. That imo is why he was booed off the field.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 02-05-2016

(02-04-2016, 11:18 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Yes, Cam and Andy both had poor PB performances, however, I think there were distinct difference in their performances. Andy was further off the mark than Cam on wide open WRs and had way too many silly check downs. That imo is why he was booed off the field.
Lastly, stop being so darn condescending when defending Andy, you're better than that.

Sorry, I tend to get snarky when I sense extreme levels of BS. I don't care how you slice it, 9/27 with 3 INTs is about as awful as a QB can play. 

Cam did get booed during that Pro Bowl. While researching this, I saw numerous comments and a tweet mentioning it. It's not easy to find Pro Bowl lowlights from 5 years ago, but I did find one:

That was awful.

Fwiw, I don't give two shits about the Pro Bowl or how players perform in a game where no one is giving 100%. I think Cam is one of the best QBs in the NFL. But if you guys are going to continue to bring up Andy's weak pro bowl performance, I can continue to poke huge holes in your argument. Cam has a pair of awful pro bowl performances. Andy has one (and a great Pro Bowl that everyone seems to forget). Both are amazing QBs regardless.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Go Cards - 02-05-2016

The fans do not care about ProBowl games enough to even watch. Have not watched one since the 70's when I was a child.

So why should the players ?

All that anybody cares about is the prestige of making the roster. Even that is getting watered down lately.

Back in the day when salaries were not so high the free trip to Hawaii was worth it. But that is nothing to these guys these days.

They should do away with the actual game and make it some sort of honorary thing. Or maybe have some sort of fun competitions set up for different position players.

Have obstacles set up for D-lineman with dummies in the pocket with famous QB pics and jersey's on that can be disintegrated upon impact without any chance of real injuries, and so forth. Could be many creative things thought up I am sure that would actually bring spectators. Or even an Olympic style thing with a football flare. Even races between the NFL's fastest players would be more interesting to me. Some sort of bragging rights thing with prizes. They all like showing off !

Anything other than a game nobody is even trying in. And why should they risk their careers over something meaningless.

The actual game though is through in my book.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 01:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, I tend to get snarky when I sense extreme levels of BS. I don't care how you slice it, 9/27 with 3 INTs is about as awful as a QB can play. 

Cam did get booed during that Pro Bowl. While researching this, I saw numerous comments and a tweet mentioning it. It's not easy to find Pro Bowl lowlights from 5 years ago, but I did find one:

Fwiw, I don't give two shits about the Pro Bowl or how players perform in a game where no one is giving 100%. I think Cam is one of the best QBs in the NFL. 

Every QB will here noise from fans when they stink the joint up. But in recent memory, no QB has been booed in a PB game like our QB was. Which takes me back to my original comment, "Andy got booed off the field!" Meaning due to the displeasure of fans in attendance, it was likely he was benched for and to their likings. As bad as Cam's PB stats are, that didn't happen to him. 
I think both are considered good QBs and after SB 50, Cam may be considered a great QB.

Fwiw, I don't give two shits about the PB either. But among other things, I give a shit about (none-statistical contributions), QBs taking necessary calculated risks, showing their competitiveness, and a willingness to sacrifice their bodies. 
Imo none statistical aspects of Andy's game played a role in him being booed and subsequently benched.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 04:54 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Every QB will here noise from fans when they stink the joint up. But in recent memory, no QB has been booed in a PB game like our QB was. Which takes me back to my original comment, "Andy got booed off the field!" Meaning due to the displeasure of fans in attendance, it was likely he was benched for and to their likings. As bad as Cam's PB stats are, that didn't happen to him. 
I think both are considered good QBs and after SB 50, Cam may be considered a great QB.

Fwiw, I don't give two shits about the PB either. But among other things, I give a shit about (none-statistical contributions), QBs taking necessary calculated risks, showing their competitiveness, and a willingness to sacrifice their bodies. 
Imo none statistical aspects of Andy's game played a role in him being booed and subsequently benched.

Who really gives a shit about the Pro Bowl.. it is a joke... impossible to measure a player and performance... what a dead end debate...

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 02-06-2016

Right. The Andy booing was worse than the Cam booing. Got it.

This is getting silly, I'm done.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. The Andy booing was worse than the Cam booing. Got it.

This is getting silly, I'm done.

This is why things are impossible to discuss with some. They don't want a debate or to listen to reason. They want to be dense. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Junglejuice - 02-07-2016

At the end of the day Andy had one REAAALLY good exhibition game and 1 meh exhibition game.

either way its just debate over worthless games.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - fredtoast - 02-07-2016

Pr Bowl is meaningless and I wish I had kept a list of all the knuckleheads who tried to use that performance to prove Dalton was finished as a starting bQB.

Seriously, there was one guy on here who said it was a sign that his confidence would never return.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 02-07-2016

V
(02-06-2016, 03:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is why things are impossible to discuss with some. They don't want a debate or to listen to reason. They want to be dense. 

Block me from your viewing. Because after reading one of my post, it concerns me not if you dance, cry or make a fool of yourself. And I like it that way.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Pr Bowl is meaningless and I wish I had kept a list of all the knuckleheads who tried to use that performance to prove Dalton was finished as a starting bQB.

Seriously, there was one guy on here who said it was a sign that his confidence would never return.

Name the guy... I sure as hell didn't say that!

(02-07-2016, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Pr Bowl is meaningless and I wish I had kept a list of all the knuckleheads who tried to use that performance to prove Dalton was finished as a starting bQB.

Name the guy!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RoyleRedlegs - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 11:50 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: V
Block me from your viewing. Because after reading one of my post, it concerns me not if you dance, cry or make a fool of yourself. And I like it that way.

I don't know you. I don't think I've ever talked to you.

But you are acting like a fifth grader in this thread. 

Grow up. 

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Essex Johnson - 02-07-2016

I remember that also.. what a joke that post was

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 02-10-2016

Andy loses families luggage...asks for help.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25479660/andy-dalton-loses-his-suitcases-and-turns-to-twitter-to-find-them

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RagnarLothbrok - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 02:47 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Andy loses families luggage...asks for help.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/QB-Andy-Dalton-Needs-Help-Finding-Suitcases-368324131.html

I really want to make a joke about it being intercepted by Stephon Tuitt. But I think it's too soon.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - TSwigZ - 02-11-2016

I'm shocked some guy actually took the time to turn them in and even tho he was struggling on Twitter got a hold of Andy, there is faith in humanity after all.

Side note I woulda held them for ransom