Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Dalton is a bum - West Union KennyG - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 02:32 AM)Utts Wrote: Okay so I apologize for the troll comment, but how do you make a case for top 5?

Well, this is a young QB, and is quickly surpassing Bengal all-time records, as well as inside top 5 NFL All-Time records during his body of work so far, so I think top 5'existing - the case could be made. I suspect the only reason one can look at what he's done so far with disrespect as a Bengal fan is playoff record. To that - I can only look at playoff records of comparable top 5 all time at this point in their careers, and say, "Patience... Good things are coming." I'm confident of that.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Bryan - 09-21-2015

There's a thread, specifically for Andy Dalton. So, why did you make another one?

I'm laughing so much right now, because I remember having to display that horrible Richard Simmons rainbow sig bet loss - I pretty much always fell under realist (not homer). But in this group I'm apparently the other extreme now.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Brownshoe - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 02:45 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Well, this is a young QB, and is quickly surpassing Bengal all-time records, as well as inside top 5 NFL All-Time records during his body of work so far, so I think top 5'existing - the case could be made.  I suspect the only reason one can look at what he's done so far with disrespect as a Bengal fan is playoff record.  To that - I can only look at playoff records of comparable top 5 all time at this point in their careers, and say, "Patience... Good things are coming."  I'm confident of that.

No! If a QB can't win in the playoffs his first few years in the league he's garbage! Even if he doesn't have that many offensive weapons! Or if a team just has bad luck like against the Chargers! Ninja

Dalton has done great for what he has had. The Bengals have had a great defense his first 3 years, but his first two he had bad weapons. His 3rd year he had good receivers, but he had a bad run game. His 4th year he had no receivers, but a good run game. This is his first year that he has a legit offense around him. The defense is playing decent, and would be a TON better if we had a legit LB that can stop the run. If Burfict can come back 80-90% by the Steelers game we will only have 3-4 losses this year, and make a great post season run. We might even be able to win it all. Honestly right now I think we are the best team in the NFL.

RE: Dalton is a bum - BURROWorBUST - 09-21-2015

He's playing very disciplined football within Hue's scheme. He's not trying to do everything by himself. He's doing a great job of reading the D and putting the ball in the right spot to the right receiver. The oline deserves a ton of credit for giving him the time to do his job.

He's not putting up big numbers, because we're running the ball so well. But he is putting up Ws, but it's only 2 so far. If all of the above continues to hold true, and we remain healthy, we can expect quite a few more Ws.

RE: Dalton is a bum - Fresno B - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 02:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Green broke the Bengals single season yards and TDs? Green had 80+ TDs in his first 3 years? Green is a great receiver, but he wasn't thrown to the wolves like Dalton was.

Dalton wasn't thrown to wolves. He actually rode coattails his first 4. This year is his make or break. No excuses.

I'm in the middle of the homers and haters when it comes to Dalton. He's playing well thus far, I hope he continues this level of play but Dalton isn't even top 5 in the AFC let alone the entire NFL.

Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Joe Flacco are better, and you could make a case for Tannehill too.

(09-21-2015, 02:49 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm laughing so much right now, because I remember having to display that horrible Richard Simmons rainbow sig bet loss - I pretty much always fell under realist (not homer).  But in this group I'm apparently the other extreme now.

A lot of pessimists came over to this board, and because they are the majority over here they became the "realist". There are a few that are realistic about the team, but most people seem to be bitter about our post season woes even though 3 out of 4 games we were clearly out matched, and the other one we still had a lot of injuries. Not to mention that if just a few things went differently we could have won that game.

(09-21-2015, 02:52 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton wasn't thrown to wolves. He actually rode coattails his first 4. This year is his make or break. No excuses.

LOL he wasn't thrown to the wolves? You mean that he didn't have his #1 receiver as a rookie when he was a rookie? He didn't have a bad run game when he was a rookie? His #2 receiver his first 2 years was Gresham who isn't that great of a TE. Dalton only had a defense. Period. If you want to act like he had offensive weapons around him you might want to go and reevaluate that stance.

RE: Dalton is a bum - CornerBlitz - 09-21-2015

A constant with Dalton is when he gets superior protection he tends to play well. When things don't go according to script is when Dalton looks like he doesn't belong in the league. So far our offense has protected him and he's been upright all season long. I'm curious to see the game when he doesn't get the superior protection...will he be able to make plays?

(09-21-2015, 02:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: A lot of pessimists came over to this board, and because they are the majority over here they became the "realist". There are a few that are realistic about the team, but most people seem to be bitter about our post season woes even though 3 out of 4 games we were clearly out matched, and the other one we still had a lot of injuries. Not to mention that if just a few things went differently we could have won that game.

We weren't even close to winning any of our recent playoff games. And we're not only bitter about the 4 straight, we're also bitter because we haven't won shit.

(09-21-2015, 02:59 AM)Fresno B Wrote: We weren't even close to winning any of our recent playoff games. And we're not only bitter about the 4 straight, we're also bitter because we haven't won shit.

We haven't won 42 games in the last 4 years + 2 weeks? Damn I must have been dreaming. Ninja We could have won the 2nd Texans game, and the Chargers game if only a few things went our way.

(09-21-2015, 02:55 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: LOL he wasn't thrown to the wolves? You mean that he didn't have his #1 receiver as a rookie when he was a rookie? He didn't have a bad run game when he was a rookie? His #2 receiver his first 2 years was Gresham who isn't that great of a TE. Dalton only had a defense. Period. If you want to act like he had offensive weapons around him you might want to go and reevaluate that stance.

His playoff performances showed you exactly how the Bengals got to 4 straight...defense.
You need to go back and watch his first season and see how much he depended on the run, defense, and jump ball to AJ before you start with the wolves comment.

(09-21-2015, 02:53 AM)Bryan Wrote: I'm in the middle of the homers and haters when it comes to Dalton. He's playing well thus far, I hope he continues this level of play but Dalton isn't even top 5 in the AFC let alone the entire NFL.

Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Joe Flacco are better, and you could make a case for Tannehill too.

I'm tracking with you through Brady and Luck.... That's where it stops for me. The other QBs you mention are great QBs at a different stage in their careers.
There's no question this entire team culture has changed. Give AD 5 more years and at this rate you may see some SB Bling and I suspect you'd give a different answer.
I'm just putting myself on the record to refer back to at some point. I know what I see in this young man, he's a winner, and this should be a great year for him. Definitely not fair to place the woes of last year on AD (that's media spin that knows nothing of this team). I can't believe for a game or two Sanu was our #1 receiver last year and played as our #2 the rest of it. And Gresham played all year, but no Eiffert. Much different year 2015 will be!

(09-21-2015, 03:07 AM)Fresno B Wrote: His playoff performances showed you exactly how the Bengals got to 4 straight...defense.
You need to go back and watch his first season and see how much he depended on the run, defense, and jump ball to AJ before you start with the wolves comment.

The Bengals had a good defense in 2011. They were 9th in points allowed that year. The Bengals didn't have a good run game that year. Benson only had 1000 yard rushing. Maybe you need to go and re-watch those game, because you forgot that Dalton had quite a few games that he had comeback wins in.

(09-21-2015, 03:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Bengals had a good defense in 2011. They were 9th in points allowed that year. The Bengals didn't have a good run game that year. Benson only had 1000 yard rushing. Maybe you need to go and re-watch those game, because you forgot that Dalton had quite a few games that he had comeback wins in.

Do you know what a Dalton comeback was? Either a jump ball pass or blown coverage to guess who? AJ Green. If AJ Green is your receiver then you haven't been thrown to wolves

(09-21-2015, 03:16 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Do you know what a Dalton comeback was? Either a jump ball pass or blown coverage to guess who? AJ Green. If AJ Green is your receiver then you haven't been thrown to wolves

If a rookie receiver is your #1 receiver, and average at best Gresham is your #2 receiver, and your running game is ranked 19th. You were thrown to the wolves. I guess you don't understand that most teams have a million times better weapons than that.

(09-21-2015, 03:11 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm tracking with you through Brady and Luck.... That's where it stops for me.  The other QBs you mention are great QBs at a different stage in their careers.  
There's no question this entire team culture has changed.  Give AD 5 more years and at this rate you may see some SB Bling and I suspect you'd give a different answer.
I'm just putting myself on the record to refer back to at some point.  I know what I see in this young man, he's a winner, and this should be a great year for him.  Definitely not fair to place the woes of last year on AD (that's media spin that knows nothing of this team).  I can't believe for a game or two Sanu was our #1 receiver last year and played as our #2 the rest of it.  And Gresham played all year, but no Eiffert.  Much different year 2015 will be!

Are you seriously saying Andy Dalton is better than Ben Roethlisberger? What makes him better than Ben? Granted Dalton isn't a rapist but how do you have him higher than Ben? How's he better than Rivers? Flacco? I'll give you Peyton since he hasn't been playing like his name is Peyton Manning(even though I think he'll bounce back).

(09-21-2015, 03:19 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If a rookie receiver is your #1 receiver, and average at best Gresham is your #2 receiver, and your running game is ranked 19th. You were thrown to the wolves. I guess you don't understand that most teams have a million times better weapons than that.

Simpson was our number #2 in Dalton's rookie year.

(09-21-2015, 03:19 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If a rookie receiver is your #1 receiver, and average at best Gresham is your #2 receiver, and your running game is ranked 19th. You were thrown to the wolves. I guess you don't understand that most teams have a million times better weapons than that.

I'm going to tell you one more time. If AJ Green (rookie or not) is your number 1, your in good hands, not a wolves.