Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Dalton - bengalsturntup926 - 11-21-2016

He also gets eifert killed lol don't talk about king dalton, he is elite, and everybody is at fault except him!!! He's a red headed God amongst qbs. If only the team played up to par as king dalton we'd have a dynasty.

RE: Dalton - bengalsturntup926 - 11-21-2016

Most these fans said nugent was good, or that our drafting was perfect, or other defending of marvin. Our fan base is a bunch of idiots tbh

RE: Dalton - TKUHL - 11-21-2016

The sad thing about the injurys to Green and Gio is that the injury bug couldnt have hit anyone other than the 2 most humble and talented players not just on this team but the whole league. Get well soon. Advice seek outside medical attention.

RE: Dalton - Thundercloud - 11-21-2016

Yes, Dalton had a bad game, and I thought he played poorly in the London game also. I hope he can rally, but getting it together without Gio and AJ is going to make it a lot tougher.

RE: Dalton - Stonyhands - 11-21-2016

People have made excuses for Dalton every single year because they want to so believe he's the one that's going to take us all the way. Truth is the guy gets so much attention when he starts doing things any NFL Qb should be doing. NFL superstars or above average QBs do not need to have star wide receivers, TE, RB and the best o-lines. He's not that good. His pocket presence is below average. His long ball is below average. His accuracy is below average. All he does is check down over and over. Three different offensive coordinators and we still can't run a successful pass offense. I really believe it's because Andy cannot read zone coverage. The offense looks way different with AJ McCarron who throws all over the field and a way better long ball I may add.

Carson's last year I was saying he was done. Nobody wanted to believe it and we would have been stuck with him regressing had he not pulled the plug himself because there's no accountability here. Look no further than Nugent.

I just really wish people would get off Daltons knob for occasionally/rarely doing things any NFL QB should be doing.

RE: Dalton - tlotharw - 11-21-2016

(11-20-2016, 06:35 PM)ah5 Wrote: Dalton is the last thing we need to think about replacing..... He's above average.

He's a mechanical, one-read-and-run quarterback that doesn't make players around him better.

RE: Dalton - OrlandoBengal - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 12:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've also noticed that Dalton doesn't risk much contested stuff at anyone other than Green. In a way, I feel he's more conservative this year than last. Wish he'd let it rip...or Zamp would let him let it rip.

Other than Eifert, I don't think he has faith in any of the other receivers.  Really can't blame the guy...

RE: Dalton - bengalguy71 - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 05:15 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: People have made excuses for Dalton every single year because they want to so believe he's the one that's going to take us all the way.  Truth is the guy gets so much attention when he starts doing things any NFL Qb should be doing.  NFL superstars or above average QBs do not need to have star wide receivers, TE, RB and the best o-lines.  He's not that good.  His pocket presence is below average.  His long ball is below average.  His accuracy is below average.  All he does is check down over and over.  Three different offensive coordinators and we still can't run a successful pass offense.  I really believe it's because Andy cannot read zone coverage.  The offense looks way different with AJ McCarron who throws all over the field and a way better long ball I may add.  

Carson's last year I was saying he was done.  Nobody wanted to believe it and we would have been stuck with him regressing had he not pulled the plug himself because there's no accountability here.  Look no further than Nugent.  

I just really wish people would get off Daltons knob for occasionally/rarely doing things any NFL QB should be doing.

Speaking of knobs, you are just like all the other knobs and knuckleheads that can't see the ONLY constant since the 90s began has been Mike Brown.

Coaches and players have come and gone without a SB appearance and he has been the ONLY thing that has remained consistent!

Until he passes the baton, whatever the scenario that plays out for that, this team will never ever win the last game of the playoffs!

You can pick apart all you want to, but it is what it is!!

RE: Dalton - OrlandoBengal - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 05:15 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: People have made excuses for Dalton every single year because they want to so believe he's the one that's going to take us all the way.  Truth is the guy gets so much attention when he starts doing things any NFL Qb should be doing.  NFL superstars or above average QBs do not need to have star wide receivers, TE, RB and the best o-lines.  He's not that good.  His pocket presence is below average.  His long ball is below average.  His accuracy is below average.  All he does is check down over and over.  Three different offensive coordinators and we still can't run a successful pass offense.  I really believe it's because Andy cannot read zone coverage.  The offense looks way different with AJ McCarron who throws all over the field and a way better long ball I may add.  

Carson's last year I was saying he was done.  Nobody wanted to believe it and we would have been stuck with him regressing had he not pulled the plug himself because there's no accountability here.  Look no further than Nugent.  

Palmer has put up better numbers in Arizona than he ever did here.  So while he may have been "done" here, he was certainly not finished in the NFL.

Dalton has had one star receiver, an above average tight end when he is not injured, an average running game, and at times a good offensive line.  It's not like he has quarterbacked a team of perennial All Pro's at every position.
(11-21-2016, 07:12 AM)tlotharw Wrote: He's a mechanical, one-read-and-run quarterback that doesn't make players around him better.

Do you even watch the games?  A "one read and run quarterback"??  You could use that phrase to describe Michael Vick or Kaepernick, but Dalton is not even a running quarterback...

RE: Dalton - jj22 - 11-21-2016

Poor coaching has ruined Dalton. I remember when Kirk Cousins used to look up to Dalton, now he's surpassed him (check numbers the last two years, only 3 qb's better). That's coaching folks.

RE: Dalton - Fresno B - 11-21-2016

ThumbsUp

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 05:15 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: 1. People have made excuses for Dalton every single year because they want to so believe he's the one that's going to take us all the way.  2. Truth is the guy gets so much attention when he starts doing things any NFL Qb should be doing.  NFL superstars or above average QBs do not need to have star wide receivers, TE, RB and the best o-lines.  3. He's not that good.  4. His pocket presence is below average.  5. His long ball is below average.  6. His accuracy is below average.  7. All he does is check down over and over. 8. Three different offensive coordinators and we still can't run a successful pass offense.  9. I really believe it's because Andy cannot read zone coverage.  10. The offense looks way different with AJ McCarron who throws all over the field and a way better long ball I may add.  

11. Carson's last year I was saying he was done. 

Lots to address, but here goes nothing.

1. Dalton has only (arguably) needed "excuses" one year. 2014. He had a fine rookie year, progressed the following 2 years while accounting for 66 TDs, was in the MVP discussion last year, and has been a warrior this year, posting his 2nd best passer rating while getting beat to death.

2. This is laughably ridiculous. For one, take a look at the roster of almost any star QB and you will almost certainly find a star WR (or 2),a good TE and solid blocking in front of him. Secondly, Dalton has been successful without most of that this year. You're acting like this one game is representative of his whole season. If you believe that, you're delusional.

3. Yes he is.

4. It's definitely above average. Dalton has been fantastic in the pocket. Yet people like you want to see McCarron, who has AWFUL pocket awareness. It shows that you're biased and you see what you want to see.

5. Prove it. I keep hearing about it, but the few times on these boards where statistical data for deep passes was provided, it made Dalton look good. Or at least better than people like you say. Personally I think his deep ball is about average, but unrealistic folks like yourself expect him to hit them 100% or "he's a bum". 

6. Lol, no. My goodness man. You go all in, don't ya. Why not just say "Dalton is a terrible football player and sucks at life"? It's simply amazing that this team has been able to carry such an awful QB for so long. Not only carry him, but make him put up great stats that are totally misleading cuz he suckz.

7. Are you going for a Guinness record for "things made up in one post"?

8. All Dalton has done is get 2 of those coordinators promoted to head coaching gigs. He also got that overrated scrub Marvin Jones a $9 million contract. Jones has 1 catch in each of his last 2 games and is flaming out hard. Sanu got a fat contract and is also flaming out. Add in Jerome Simpson, Gresham, etc. Sense a theme there? Dalton makes people look good.

9. More made up stuff. Every defense would be zone heavy against us if that were the case, and if every team ran zone, Dalton wouldn't be having a good season.

10. Just stop. McCarron averaged 160 yards on 6.1 YPA in his 4 starts, and really didn't attempt nor complete any deep balls last year.

11. It kills me that most Dalton haters have one thing in common. They practically worship Palmer. As if Palmer has done anything special in his career. 

RE: Dalton - Hammerthis - 11-21-2016

(11-20-2016, 06:26 PM)I\m RASCAL Wrote: I'd like to personally thank Dalton for us losing our franchise receiver with yet ANOTHER Dalton duck high pass. Green should have just let the damn thing sail over his head!

Dalton is just as much of a problem for this teams meltdown as the rest of these lazy losers!

EFF em ALL!!! Coaches included!

Hmm...your view of things seems to slowly be spreading around here.

RE: Dalton - Hammerthis - 11-21-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:05 PM)RASCAL Wrote: STFU! you move along!

There you go, stand your ground!
Undoubtedly, since 2011 team management and believers in Dalton had been waiting for him to have the kind of success he had in 2015. IMO that success was due in large part to years of excellent draft picks coupled with good offensive and defensive coordinators. Problem? Apparently, that success is mostly being laid at the feet of Andy. Therefore, good luck on seeing or even hearing about a potential change at QB. 
Our team needs to dominate on both sides of the ball. Too bad we're now too old! 

RE: Dalton - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-21-2016

LMFAO!  What? LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2016

(11-20-2016, 10:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Baby back ribs?

Baby back b**** is a reference to cheeseburger Eddie in longest yard.

RE: Dalton - tlotharw - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 10:50 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Do you even watch the games?  A "one read and run quarterback"??  You could use that phrase to describe Michael Vick or Kaepernick, but Dalton is not even a running quarterback...

He has no pocket mobility and if where the place the throw is designed to go is not open he runs, but not very far.  Sometimes he throws it anyway.  I have been watching pretty much every week since 1968.  

RE: Dalton - Brownshoe - 11-22-2016

(11-21-2016, 10:42 PM)tlotharw Wrote: He has no pocket mobility and if where the place the throw is designed to go is not open he runs, but not very far.  Sometimes he throws it anyway.  I have been watching pretty much every week since 1968.  

You must be watching a high school team named the Bengals because there's no way anyone who's watched the Cincinnati Bengals couldn't come to that conclusion.

RE: Dalton - tlotharw - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 12:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You just be watching a high school team named the Bengals because there's no way anyone who's watched the Cincinnati Bengals couldn't come to that conclusion.

Thanks for agreeing.  There is no way someone couldn't come to my conclusion.

RE: Dalton - Brownshoe - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 01:25 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Thanks for agreeing.  There is no way someone couldn't come to my conclusion.

Not agreeing with you. Just saying that you're not watching the same team as me apparently. Dalton has played well, and to say that he's been a one read QB you're just fooling yourself.